Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

Best buy already has. Keep in mind the policy states that it has to be in stock to match. So if anyone actually gets this done, be sure to thank the manager doing it because he would be within policy to say no
It would be within policy to fire the manager lol

I just want Splatoon for $30, haha. If anyone can get a PM I'll give you my Zero Escape 3DS w/ Watch preorder for $12.53 ($42.53-$30). 

This is more for the thrill of the hunt than the actual items lol
Lol, it really was. If I had gotten the PS4 I probably would have just given it to one of friends that hadn't upgraded yet. I would have made him co-op and boost online trophies for me. How could he say no if I have him a PS4?

Was able to get the $30 Splatoon at Toysrus.

No go on the 3DS or PS4. Just for thrills.
They didn't actually have them on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
No go at my local Wal Mart...employee was aware of a "scam" going around for resellers trying to get the PS4 for cheap. He said someone tried it earlier but they had to deny it because it was an Arkham Bundle, not the vanilla PS4. I tried to tell him it was the same price, but he wouldn't budge. Meh...don't need it anyways but it was fun for a bit. Didn't even bother trying to PM at Best Buy across the street, had to catch a movie soon after.

new3ds.jpg

Got at my Walmart, first try. First I talked to the floor associate and asked if they price match Kmart (we don't have one locally) and he said yes.He asked me which color I prefer and I said red. 

He then took me to the front of the store to get the manager approval. The manager walks in, and asks how much it is at Kmart. I said $100 bucks and she said "no way". I showed the new 3ds on my phone and she said she would check on her iphone. She could not pull up the link from the mobile website. She spent 15 minutes trying to load and find the product, but could only find the old version.

She then started to get called by multiple associates to take care of other stuff. She tells me she can't find the add and asks me why. I pull my phone again and load the page in front of her. She checks the link, see that is legit fro mobile kmart.com and just prices matches. She then said: " guess android is better than iphone". I said "Absolutely"

Thanks OP!!

Success at my bb. Glad I became friendly with them over time. Only $10 out of pocket after using a $200 gift card I had. I was able to get a Arkham Knight Bundle.

JUST bought one. Will post a picture of the receipt soon. Pittsburgh is my home location. Woooooooot![attachment=16581:2015-08-15 16.56.42.jpg]

Bunch of dicks at my local Best Buy, so it's not worth the effort. Great to hear people are scoring PS4's for $200. If I didn't buy the console two weeks ago, I'd be frothing at the mouth over this. 

Has anyone actually found a Vanilla PS4?

Or they aren't available at the stores to PM.
Haven't really seen one lately, then again I wasn't looking.

Might be helpful to find out which store has em.

Long time lurker/guy who only signs in to ask questions cause he's lazy, here. Has anyone found a working zip for getting the xbox one price to show up on screen, yet?

wel...what do you know. I can get a PS4 for $200 at Walmart IF they can find one. I hope so. My boss wants one, I'll sell it to him at cost.

I tried 4 different Walmart's last night for both the PS4 and XBONE and was shot down at all of them.  I'm probably not going to even bother with BB since I'm sure they're aware of this by now.

Barely got a prices match for the 3ds at walmart ...the 3ds isnt at any of my best buys lol theres like 2 in the whole state...anyways almost didn't work manager was like we don't price match kmart anymore cuz they are closing down..I'm like no they aren't and they are on your site on your list...she said it's a long story and said I'll make an exception anyways thanks OP

I managed to get a PS4 in Jacksonville at Target. I didn't get the promo with the additional Destiny/Assassins Creed, I wasn't about to push my luck. The guy in electronics was reluctant because they only had bundles and the PS4 at KMart was just the system. I managed to get him to take it up front to a manager at least. She couldn't pull it up from the website and I told her just to use the url, she didn't punch it in right and was  getting frustrated so she gave me the discount anyways.

Haha I spoke too soon. Everything was approved, then waiting on the CSM, the guy says let me see that again, hits add to cart and it says out of stock then cancels the whole thing.

What a jerk!

Edit: think I could prob run across town and pm but it's not worth my time and gas. Gonna pickup zombie army tomorrow at bby will try again then.

Frak I would love to attempt to get Splatoon for my son for his bday but I just worked 16 hours and have to back tonight to work another eight. It's one of the only things he wants and I would love to save half on it. But if I don't get at least a few hours of sleep I won't be able move tonight.

Barely got a prices match for the 3ds at walmart ...the 3ds isnt at any of my best buys lol theres like 2 in the whole state...anyways almost didn't work manager was like we don't price match kmart anymore cuz they are closing down..I'm like no they aren't and they are on your site on your list...she said it's a long story and said I'll make an exception anyways thanks OP
I got the same crap as you with them not pricematching Kmart because they are closing down. Pulled open their policy which states they do but manager wouldnt budge. Oh well.

So I went to a walmart this morning and the guy said no they don't price match kmart, which was a lie. I was next door to the same walmart an hour ago grabbing food, so I said wth lt me try again. All they had was the Batman bundle and the guy said I don't think it will work but let's ask the manager.

Manager comes over and looks the website to see that its real. I show him my entered zip which he doesn't recognize even though my town is 10 minutes from the store lol. After another confirms thats my town, he says he needs to see corporate say that kmart can me matched. I show him the corporate site saying that, he screams do it to the cashier and rushes off and I now own the batman bundle. 

Some lady behind me was impressed and bought one for her grandson. Said it was a good deal.

I go to my nearest Walmart and there's one left. First he wouldnt do it cause there isn't a kmart close by, so I told him about the online policy. He did it no problem even tho it said out of stock. My first time having luck with a deal like this. I deserve this ;(

This was in San Antonio btw at Alamo ranch

I'm honestly shocked after the Wii U fiasco and now this, that retailers are even doing price matching anymore. From a business perspective it makes no sense, since I would guess that 95% of those price matching are either A. Not buying anything else or B. Running a scam. I have no doubt though that price matching, for electronics at least, is going to quickly go the way of returns without a receipt.

Thanks OP. Is there a page with the arkham bundle or are you guys just using the vanilla to PM?
From what I have read, many of them just used the vanilla to PM. Some get turned down since almost no retailer has it, and some have had them PM one of the bundles without even questioning it.

From what I have read, many of them just used the vanilla to PM. Some get turned down since almost no retailer has it, and some have had them PM one of the bundles without even questioning it.
Thanks. I knew my BB had employees that were super specific on matching descriptions but I took a stab at it anyways. Almost got it through, but the employee with the authorization noticed the difference. She was super nice though, tried to get CS to put one on layaway for me, but apparently either the entire company is "out of stock" on vanillas or they decided to pull the plug on them until Kmart fixes their shit. Oh well.

Told myself I didn't need a 3ds- went to Best Buy with my mom who needed to buy appliances- talked to the guy for a while and as we were leaving I asked him out of curiosity if he could price match the Kmart 3ds price. He took one look and said yes- 😎

He said something along the lines of yeah not a lot of people know about this sale- I had no idea what he was talking about. Anyways walked out with a new 3ds- should have tried the ps4!

Does anyone know if Gamestop is running the trade promo for the the old 3ds anymore? Not sure what I am going to do

Btw- he was a supervisor so he didn't have to bring anyone over for an override

Regarding the PS4...

I'm not understanding what the link in the OP is...is it a "captured" link that now no longer exists in real time?  I ask because if someone at Best Buy wants to go to the Kmart mobile website and just type in PS4 will the $199.99 PS4 show up?  It's not showing up for me on my CPU or Android phone UNLESS I use the link in the OP here.  My Best Buy 50% of the time will just look at my phone but 50% of the time they want to use their CPU.  I don't want to tell them "just click the link at cheap ass gamer."

I'm honestly shocked after the Wii U fiasco and now this, that retailers are even doing price matching anymore. From a business perspective it makes no sense, since I would guess that 95% of those price matching are either A. Not buying anything else or B. Running a scam. I have no doubt though that price matching, for electronics at least, is going to quickly go the way of returns without a receipt.
Get the feeling PM rules are about to get way tighter. I remember my closest store was being strict as hell after the 90$ PS4 fiasco, even on legit PM's. They were calling and checking ads and such.

I go to my nearest Walmart and there's one left. First he wouldnt do it cause there isn't a kmart close by, so I told him about the online policy. He did it no problem even tho it said out of stock. My first time having luck with a deal like this. I deserve this ;(

This was in San Antonio btw at Alamo ranch
I might try lol how long ago was this

Yeah, I'm surprised there's no $50 maximum price match limit or something at stores nowadays... I thought GameStop didn't price match because it's such a cheapskate company, but now I see why they do it!

By the way... 3DS sales are gonna skyrocket this month!

1st i scored mario party 10 $25. Today i scored splatoon $30. Before i pay off my splatoon i asked the cashier new 3ds xl is worth $100 upgrade? The cashier responsed: i sold 1 for $100 today. Can i get 1 too? The cashier: sure and swing to the cage scan the new 3ds xl and adjusted down $100. I paid it off asap and waits for supervisor unlock the cage for my new 3ds xl. Can't beat that :)

bread's done
Back