Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

Thank you!

I headed to Walmart at 8 AM this morning.
The only new Nintendo 3DS XL I saw in the case was red. There were no associates in the electronics. The phone ranged constantly , and they were started to page electronics over the intercom.

After about 20 or so minutes an associate finally came over.
I told her that I was looking for a price match and she said that it had to be the exact system as the ad, color and all, so she went in the back to look for the black one.
Given my luck I wasn't expecting her to come back with one, but she did.
The person holding on the phone was after one as well. (I grabbed one of the two in stock).

She took a quick look at my phone, rung me up and I swipe my card for $107 exactly.
Had a bit of a scare when she said we needed an SM (sp?) for the key. I was told to leave my phone out on Kmarts page.
No SM was really available so she started calling other people for help. Eventually one lady came over, but didn't look at my phone. She just placed the key in, my card was approved, and I was handed my receipt and was on my merry way. 

I wanted to try for the PS4 as well, but it seem like the only consoles sold have either a batman or LOU bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried to price match at best buy ps4 and 3ds no luck again! It seems the spacey employees are in short supply around my area. the problem I'm having is the employees are trying to pull it up on there phone and if you do a search on Kmart mobile the ps4s don't show up anymore. You can only goto the webpage via link.

[quote name="radiantchipmunk" post="12866695" timestamp="1439651592"]price matched at best buy! Thanks OP[/quote]
Even though it's sold out? I've never done a PM before.

Was actually looking for this a few months back specifically at Kmart because I had some extra points to spend. Couldn't get it this time either unfortunately. Hopefully it goes down during Black Friday sales to maybe $40 at Best Buy.
I rarely buy anything from Kmart or Sears and they always email me about surprise points that I have waiting. Then I go to their sites and can't find anything I want to buy. The minute I read about these types of game deals, they're sold out. Absolutely ridiculous.

I rarely buy anything from Kmart or Sears and they always email me about surprise points that I have waiting. Then I go to their sites and can't find anything I want to buy. The minute I read about these types of game deals, they're sold out. Absolutely ridiculous.
It's fine for me though, I got ESO for like $12 instead. Funny is that it's listed at $30 now, but it's out of stock.

It's fine for me though, I got ESO for like $12 instead. Funny is that it's listed at $30 now, but it's out of stock.
I think I have $33 in points right now so this would have been a perfect way to dump them all at once. I might look at their sites later to see if I can find something else to buy. Free money is free money.

My son already have a 3DSXL and I am tempted to try to pricematch this at BestBuy.

But, the a$$whore conscious of mine is telling me to let it go since I can afford it at its regular (or usual sale) price and to not drive BestBuy out of business.

Even though it's sold out? I've never done a PM before.
when I did it this morning, they weren't sold out. So ymmv BUT I took the game to the cashier and she checked her phone for the price match. She didn't bother trying to see if it was in stock or not. She looked at the price, typed it in and i was done in 30 seconds.

[quote name="radiantchipmunk" post="12866794" timestamp="1439654921"]when I did it this morning, they weren't sold out. So ymmv BUT I took the game to the cashier and she checked her phone for the price match. She didn't bother trying to see if it was in stock or not. She looked at the price, typed it in and i was done in 30 seconds.[/quote]
Sweet! I'm going to head over now. Do you need to go to CS or will just a regular cashier do it?

DAMN! Never catch these kmart/sears deals.

Looks like Mario Party is $25 for store pickup. At least the price displays on that one. Might be worth trying for a PM.

ESO for XBONE is $30 and available for shipping. I think that's on par with the cheapest it's been. It's a pre-order button though, so who knows....

Tried my Walmart with no luck.
First tried the PS4 and they only had the Arkham knight bundle and dude said it had to be the exact same product.
then tried the xbox one , they only had the Kinect bundle and couldn't match the console only.
Finally tried the Nintendo 3Ds, they had the exact product and is thought I had a winner. The guy asked if he could see the ad on my phone, he tried adding it to my cart and it said out of stock .
Not mad though, guy deserves a promotion!

My Walmart was super busy as all the college kids are moving into town. Thought it would play to my advantage .

Thanks. I don't want to make the drive all the way to Best Buy to maybe get rejected. I wonder if I can convince them to PM over the phone. Kind of weird to be like "Can you check it with your phone?"
I don't think that would be out of the realm of possibilities. I mentioned in an earlier post that the cashier checked on her own phone with no regard or care to what was on my phone. Must be a new policy starting to roll out.

I just pm'ed with Best buy. There were 2 cashiers, one younger, one older and I was trying to get to the younger one since older ones are usually by the book, but I ended up with the older one.

But anyways, I showed her my phone for the pm. Mobile site shows with price and an "add to cart" button. She didn't check to see if it was in stock, just accepted it from my phone.

I just pm'ed with Best buy. There were 2 cashiers, one younger, one older and I was trying to get to the younger one since older ones are usually by the book, but I ended up with the older one. But anyways, I showed her my phone for the pm. Mobile site shows with price and an "add to cart" button. She didn't check to see if it was in stock, just accepted it from my phone.
nice! Funny my strategy is to always go with older folk. In my experience they tend to care less about electronic thinger mc jiggers. Younger people are more current, alert, and still feel they have an impact on the world as a whole.

53007 shows $200 if your tallking about the PS4
No, I mean the Xbone. I think PS4 is $200 for most zips.

It's probably too late for me anyways. I shut down a 3DS buyer last night and he said he was going to other stores. Probably raised all the red flags in town. I won't be surprised if most stores have memos about this from all the the people trying today. We had one at TRU for the Sears stuff last year a day after it was widespread.

No, I mean the Xbone. I think PS4 is $200 for most zips.

It's probably too late for me anyways. I shut down a 3DS buyer last night and he said he was going to other stores. Probably raised all the red flags in town. I won't be surprised if most stores have memos about this from all the the people trying today. We had one at TRU for the Sears stuff last year a day after it was widespread.
I just want to make sure I read this right. Are you saying you denied a price match last night for a deal you are considering doing yourself today?

Struck out at both Best Buy and Walmart. Won't bother trying my target since they always try to verify the links themselves before doing the PM. Wish I had better luck

[quote name="radiantchipmunk" post="12866853" timestamp="1439656776"]nice! Funny my strategy is to always go with older folk. In my experience they tend to care less about electronic thinger mc jiggers. Younger people are more current, alert, and still feel they have an impact on the world as a whole.[/quote]
Yeah, I've been burned by the older ones, but usually when using coupons, so tech stuff might be different.

bread's done
Back