Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

I am that guy. Today I scammed my local best buy by purchasing a new 3ds XL for an extremely low price that could not be obtained from k mart itself since it was out of stock online and I know my local store got rid of their gaming section long ago. I assume many of the people who got in on this deal are in my shoes. We took advantage of a store's incompetence (apologies Hubert if you take offense :p) to get items at prices that most likely were under what the store itself pays for them. I won't try to justify what I did, but I'm still going to sleep fine today. I don't mind taking advantage of a large scale corporation.
you might of got some1 fired

Like I said, I'm not going to attempt to justify this kind of thing. My actions certainly are self serving and aren't beneficial to society in any particular way or form. I'm not sugar coating anything. Regarldess however, my best buy is pretty lax about everything. I doubt anyone is going to get fired.

it is a scam because the page does not exist its a glitch and kmart does not sell ps4 or new 3ds consoles

Ahem

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/347366-200-best-buy-gift-card-for-15-glitch/?p=12803448

Pot_Meet_Kettle1284677099.jpg

what mostly bugs me is the YMMV part. some get an employee they can do it too, and others dont. its a bit random and unfair.

that said is it a scam? possibly. is this my social moral fight? fuck no. there are bigger things to be a social justice keyboard warrior about.

did I try and do it? yes and I am sad I got denied. yes I am probably a terrible person. and no this isnt one area of life i care enough about to fix.  but eh I did save 150 bucks so there is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't able to get a 3DS XL or PS4 at BestBuy employee insisted on looking up the item on their phone to make sure its real, he couldn't find it by searching (either could I) so no go.

Wynaut? It's a different place. Also, is that you, winteravenger?
Well the first employee was at very willing to price match until she saw the price. So she gets someone else to double check. He was in a rush because he was off in like 8 mins, so I tried to press him. It took him a long time to realize he had to know if it was in stock or not. Once he found out he said no, but I tried to press him by telling him ithe site actually says its for the black and you gave me the red, so let's check how much the red one cost, he said he did not have time so he sent me to another employee. I tried to take advantage, and told the next employee thst previous employee said it was ok to price match as long as it's the same. So he got the black 3ds, and he was ready to do it but I guess after a certain amount of discount they need a manager override. He said they need to check the desktop site to see if it's legit, but my phone couldn't do that, so he called someone else higher. We did the same dance, he relized it was out of stock online, and he denied my request. ; (

EDIT: and my name is more Batman inspired. ; )

Btw guys, when they try to search for it through the website on their own devices, they won't find it but a Google search will.

checked out walmart  near home  talked to manager they would price match but only the base system  as on site and not  the batman one  

guy was nice  though 

You have to tell us the whole story! Lol. Popcorn is ready.
Walked in and went straight to electronics. Waited around and employee back there finally noticed me and came over. I told him I wanted to price match on an item and he said okay, I show him my phone and say it's this item from Kmart. He didn't even look at my phone and said "We don't price match anywhere but our websites prices." I simply explained that this was an instore deal too, but I don't have the physical paper ad on me. He then says "uhhh, well we don't price match Kmart anymore anyway." Both answers were bullshit, and I knew it. The Kmart is right next door and the policy online distinctly says they match kmart and kmart.com. I let the poor guy go and walk to the service desk up front. I nicely asked the employees (without showing the ad) if they price matched Kmart. And they responded with "Yes, of course we do... but only for in store deals." Fair enough, this one is in store. They look at the ad and say they can't do it because $100 is just too much of a discount on something, but they're really nice about it and call their manager over. The supportive manager shows up (which I had no idea was a position) and calls the manager. The manager immediately okays it after the SM thumbs around the webpage and confirms it's real. He took me back and checked me out his self. It was just a lot of run around in my book for something that should have been immediate in my book.

Well, congrats to everyone that got this. My local Walmart would have matched the vanilla PS4, but they only had the Batman bundles so they wouldn't do it. Oh well.

Went through 11 pages or so and didn't see an answer, but what are the odds of Kmart actually selling these things at those prices in stores? I've got one 8 minutes away and I live in a small town, so there's likely to be stock. Though I can't check because their website sucks and whatnot.

Went through 11 pages or so and didn't see an answer, but what are the odds of Kmart actually selling these things at those prices in stores? I've got one 8 minutes away and I live in a small town, so there's likely to be stock. Though I can't check because their website sucks and whatnot.
Kmart doesn't carry games anymore so the chances of you even finding one is almost impossible at this point.

:/ sometimes you luck out and they just do the PM. Other times, the manager won't approve because kmart needs to have the item in stock. Lucky I went last night for the 3ds. I'll try bestbuy today but if this is on SD and reddit I'm thinking their shelves are empty too or the managers are gonna immediately say no. 50% off always requires manager approval. :eek: you just gotta hope the manager doesn't give a sh*t

:/ sometimes you luck out and they just do the PM. Other times, the manager won't approve because kmart needs to have the item in stock. Lucky I went last night for the 3ds. I'll try bestbuy today but if this is on SD and reddit I'm thinking their shelves are empty too or the managers are gonna immediately say no. 50% off always requires manager approval. :eek: you just gotta hope the manager doesn't give a sh*t
This is everywhere and on every deal and video game site.

Ps4 is showing up as $17.50 at the zip code 96789. Anybody feeling lucky today? I cant get any other zip code to show up because it always says "check price in cart"

I did the ps4 at my local Wal-Mart a hour ago and everything went ok, I was the first one and they pulled all of the rest off the floor after me lol

Tried at my local Walmart. I stood there while junior detectives bombarded me. The girl at electronics kept saying it was refurbished and that was the only reason it was so cheap, after a half an hour of deliberation the reason the manager shot me down was not because it was out of stock at Kmart, no, that would have been to easy, but because that price was "too cheap" verbatim via the store manager, still was fun tho

Edit: i tried both the 3ds and ps4

What the heck. Going to try at Target since I use public transportation and it's only 15 minutes there. Walmart or BestBuy would be a two hour round trip. No thanks, lol. I'm going to ask before they even bring it up to the checkout.

Edit: Changed my mind. I really don't need one. I have a PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, and a gaming PC all with enough games in my backlog already to last me a couple years.

How is everyone going about finding these k mart listings? I can get many of these to come up on the mobile site. Are people finding them on desktop and just using those links?

Thanks. Just got a copy for ship-to-store pick-up. I figure this will be the lowest we'll see it for a couple of months due to it being a Nintendo title.

Just ordered it for in store pick up! Now to make the 1 hour drive to pick up in the morning.

https://m.kmart.com/microsoft-xbox-360-4gb-console-with-kinect-holiday/p-018W005879107001P

EDIT: Price isn't showing up since my local store doesn't have it in stock so I can't add it to cart but the Xbox One (Console Only) is $200.

Just ordered it for in store pick up! Now to make the 1 hour drive to pick up in the morning.

https://m.kmart.com/microsoft-xbox-360-4gb-console-with-kinect-holiday/p-018W005879107001P

EDIT: Price isn't showing up since my local store doesn't have it in stock so I can't add it to cart but the Xbox One (Console Only) is $200. https://m.kmart.com/microsoft-xbox-one-console-only/p-018W008400195001P
how can you do a store pickup, there is no option to even search?

Was actually looking for this a few months back specifically at Kmart because I had some extra points to spend. Couldn't get it this time either unfortunately. Hopefully it goes down during Black Friday sales to maybe $40 at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back