Kmart OFFICIALLY PHASING OUT GAMES SECTION. 20% Off Games Accessories! Clearance DEALS INSIDE! Post your finds here!

Caffeinefree

CAGiversary!
EDIT - If you see any deals in your local Kmart post it in this thread. Spread the love. This post is no longer being curated so check the last post for YMMV local deals. 

20% OFF SALE ON NOW UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. (*Gwarr... Brains...*)

NOTICE

I am no longer affiliated with Kmart, so this isn't getting any future updates. Stay tuned to the latest post in the comment section. THANKS!

I looked into the plan for this fire-sale, and apparently they'll be rolling out clearance deals for the whole section. So 20% off, then 50%, or whatever comes to pass. Looks like different regions are getting different sales sooner than others, as well as higher volume stores getting different sales than lower ones. IF YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO, POST IN THIS THREAD SO CAGS IN YOUR AREA CAN GET A HEADS UP.

TIPS & TRICKS

• All deals are YMMV.
  • Kmart bases it's clearance on how long an item has been in stock. It takes a few weeks, but even the most expensive items go on clearance.
  • ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE TO SCAN AN ITEM FOR YOU. Most older games are on clearance, but have not been labeled as such.
  • Lookout for "penny items", items that have been on shelf for so long they've been clearanced down to 0.01. They won't sell for that, but it's a great way to get GTA IV for $2.00, for example.
  • TAKE A PICTURE AND PRICE MATCH.  For Walmart and other retailers, this is all they need to price match. Make sure the label is clearly visible and don't forget to post it here and share the love. 

Background Info
So I am an employee of Kmart and happened to see this memo pass through my local store. I can't repeat it verbatim, and I couldn't get a picture of the message due to being constantly on camera.

Basically the memo stated the "exit strategy" for the games section in retail stores. Stating that this was in essence brought on by having overstocked shelves (bwa hahaha) and not enough customers. However Kmart.com, Sears.com, and Shopyourwayrewards.com, would continue to sell games and consoles to meet peoples needs. So they're switching focus from retail to online.

The message continued to explain to sell down merch and fill the empty space with other merch. Eventually to clearance out the whole section if it didn't sell down.

So firstly, wait. Just wait and deals will come.

As a customer I have to say that Kmart has had nothing but crappy deals for the past few years. (On games) Focusing on SYWR points and mediocre sales to bring in customers rather than staying competitive with Amazon, Walmart, and pretty much any retailer that will actually give a deep discount. Therefore they have shot themselves in the foot and driven away most business. As a result of that they face what I call "the burger problem".

When Kmart doesn't get games in to sell, they can't sell them. But instead of getting more stock I guess they just say "X person doesn't want Y game". This is just like a survey of a small town saying no one in the town likes burgers, because no one eats burgers. Only to find out there is nowhere to eat burgers in the first place.

Why doesn't Kmart get games to sell? I don't know if Kmart as a whole does this, or just my store, but we don't get games on a truck. We get them in sporadically via UPS, and never before release date. We get limited quantities and then get restocks oddly. Over the holidays I got dozens of calls for titles we wouldn't get in for weeks. During Christmas we only got a handful of Xbox Ones and no PS4s, and since then only one Wii U and one 3DS XL, which may have been returns. In short they could be making money, but there is just some really bad policies in place that leave plenty of customers walking out the door. 

Then on top of that we barely make any money in markup. We buy games basically at cost, given only a few dollars. I've seen games we bought for 58.50 selling for $60. Same for all peripherals, a 20 charger may have costed 12 for us. I was really shocked about this when I first started looking into it. Whereas other sections of the store have a markup that's understandable. 

So now after all this poor management, they're getting rid of what has always been the best part of the electronics section - games. I remember there being something said about "better serving our customer's needs", the problem in the first place was that they didn't serve our needs. For the most part they were poorly stocked, AND THIS HAS KILLED THEM THE MOST.

YMMV DEALS -  Post below if you find a deal in your area! Post here if you find a deal in your area! 

:360: Xbox 360 DEALS  :360:

Select titles 20+% off

:xb1: Xbox One Deals  :xb1:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps3: PS3 DEALS  :ps3:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps4: PS4 DEALS  :ps4:

Select titles 20+% off

:vita: VITA DEALS  :vita:

Select titles 20+% off

:wiiu: Wii U / Wii DEALS  :wii:

20%off

:3ds: 3DS / DS DEALS  :ds:

3DS XL - @190 @ 20%off

[+..••] Accessories DEALS [+..••]

Afterglow Universal Headset - $30

:xb1: Xbox One Charge Kit - $20

Giotek EX-05 Universal Headset - $20

Thanks again. Remember to post your deals in the comment section.  :)

EDIT - KMART CLEARANCE 2.1 thread, added consoles, added tips, condensed backstory down into spoiler, erected a sofa, planted seeds for world domination. Just check the last post for local deals.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone for whatever reason has Kmart giftcards, Just Dance 2014 360 and The Crew XBO are both minor credit movers to GS.

The Kmart in Kearny, NJ had a lone copy of Lords of the Fallen for PS4 for $11.10 and 5 copies of Sunset Overdrive for $14.50.

I picked up Lords of the Fallen and three packs of X360 analog covers for my PS4 controller for 50 cents each.

I found a copy of Crysis 2 stashed behind the counter at the Cranston, RI Kmart. I shit a brick when I brought it to the price scanner, $0.60. Someone is going to be pissed.

I picked up Wii Fit U w/the fitness meter for $6.20 and Ghost Recon for the 3DS for $5.00 and a blue WiiMote for $9.00. There's still some Disney Infinity starter sets for PS4/3 but they're clearance price is still more expensive than WalMart or Target.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! I bought 5 games today at Kmart. Three were in the plastic prison. Two of them were freakin' opened! Not only that, it was the two most valuable and sellable ones! I didn't notice until I got home. Well yeah, the games are in there, thankfully, but I have another problem. I bought them at 70% off and was planning to return them and rebuy them if they hit 80%. Well that's all well and good if it hits 80%, but if they get junked before they hit 80%, I'll have a seriously hard time returning them.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! I bought 5 games today at Kmart. Three were in the plastic prison. Two of them were freakin' opened! Not only that, it was the two most valuable and sellable ones! I didn't notice until I got home. Well yeah, the games are in there, thankfully, but I have another problem. I bought them at 70% off and was planning to return them and rebuy them if they hit 80%. Well that's all well and good if it hits 80%, but if they get junked before they hit 80%, I'll have a seriously hard time returning them.
What games?!

And the Specter avatar is still my favorite.

What games?!

And the Specter avatar is still my favorite.
The Order (I know, I know.) and Forza 5.

You might see Harvey "The Champ is Here!" Specter return when Suits starts This June 24th at 9:00 PM on USA. Characters Welcome. Game of Thrones will unfortunately be over by then. And then the waiting game begins again for another year. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

dudes, just came back from my kmart.    had some CRAZY deals.

I got there late.   about 1 or 2 months ago, they started the clearances at about 20%.    so nothing spectacular. 

I got there tonight and the deals were off the hook!    (I totally missed out on some titles though I know, probably 1 or 2 weeks ago)

Skylanders starter was Wii U 9.99,   DisneyInfinity2.0 starter was 27 for ps4, 30 something for other systems.

PS4 evil within, $17.   UFC xbo 8.70, NHL15 xbo for $12, sonic generations ps3 for 3.60; CookingMama Wii double pack for 2.70!   its all YMMV but good deals to be had!

dudes, just came back from my kmart. had some CRAZY deals.

I got there late. about 1 or 2 months ago, they started the clearances at about 20%. so nothing spectacular.

I got there tonight and the deals were off the hook! (I totally missed out on some titles though I know, probably 1 or 2 weeks ago)

Skylanders starter was Wii U 9.99, DisneyInfinity2.0 starter was 27 for ps4, 30 something for other systems.

PS4 evil within, $17. UFC xbo 8.70, NHL15 xbo for $12, sonic generations ps3 for 3.60; CookingMama Wii double pack for 2.70! its all YMMV but good deals to be had!
Yeah, most of that is gone from my stores. Got some major El Horados here. I forgot that my Kmart had a Skylanders Swap Force until now. When I went a few days ago, it wasn't there. Bastards took it.

Stopped at a random Big K while driving through New Mexico (not sure which one, tossed the receipt) and saw Wii Fit U w/ meter for $6.60, Skylanders Swap Force PS3 bundle for $6.60, and Disney Infinity 2.0 for $27. Picked up a Wii Fit U for the heck of it.

Well I picked up the last two AC:BF and NBA 2k14.  NBA 2k14 was 7.5 and AC:BF was 11.50 each.  Not too shabby.

Nothing but junk left at Herndon, VA kmart.

It's so sad that there is basically a non existent electronics section.  

Snagged a PS4 Gold Headset for fifty bucks but all they had left was Kinect games and a couple copies of Call of Duty Ghosts for XB1, Oh and Killzone Shadow fall for 11. One copy of Infinity Marvel PS4 for 37. 

i knew my K Mart was dead when Smash 3DS came out and someone was looking for a copy and the person in electronics told them "If it's on the shelf, it's there. I don't think we are getting games anymore"

Cut to a few weeks later when they got rid of the games and systems in the glass cases and by December the entire aisle was nothing but air conditioners.

The Lodi, NJ Kmart has no games or accessories whatsoever. It's either been cleaned out or pulled and junked. Now that one doesn't serve a purpose for me anymore. Good riddance, it never had any good clearance in the first place due to the strict manager.

I just got back from Kmart and...yeah.  I bought a bunch of shovelware games for my daughter (Tinkerbell, Elmo, a couple others) and some random games that were $1 or 2 a piece.  Nothing worth mentioning.  They did have Grand Theft Auto 5 for 360 for $17.xx, God of War Origins Collection for $3.60 and Disney Infinity 2.0 starter sets for I think $17 a piece, but nothing of note other than that.

This was at the Kmart at 18 Mile and Dequindre in Sterling Heights, MI.

For nyc cag's here's what I saw at the Kmart at aster place

.two nba 2k14 ps4
.a few battlefield 4 for ps3
.one assassins creed rogue ps3 (scanned for a little under 18$)
.a few copies of some wii shovelware titles
.a bunch of zu zu pet copys for ds
.a couple of cod ghosts for 360

That's pretty much it. I didn't scan the other stuff

Checked out the K-Mart in Pinole today, nothing but shitty Diseny tie-in games. They had a few copies of Toy Story Mania, Wreck-it Ralph and Club Penguin for the DS. Eh...It was worth a shot.

hmm my local kmart ad has a bunch of random games showing up in there system now but it wont let me add them to cart. Noticeable ones

Mario Kart 8 Wii U - $17.10

Zelda a Link between worlds - $11.40

interesting may try to price match at least mario kart 8 at walmart or something

ended up successfully price matching a ghost copy on my local.kmart.com site of mario kart 8.

Others may want to check there sites.

*forgot to edit my last post. opps.

Morton, IL store is down to a single small table of games. Majority is shovelware.

They have Ryse and Forza 5 for Xbox One, Unity and Black Flag for PS4, and R&C Into the Nexus for PS3.

I picked up FF XIII for $3.90 and Wii Fit U game + meter for $6.90. I had $10 in SYWR points, so I used them up.

Looks like PS3 Skyrim is also $.60 if you can find it. (in addition to Crysis 2)

Also, 3ds XL Pink shows at $72 on the local.kmart.com site

EDIT: Xbone w/Kinect shows up at $282

Red/Black 3ds XL for $72 also

EDIT2: Also Halo Reach shows as $.60

FYI. Received a 15 dollars in surprise points email from Kmart because they miss me. Time for one more Kmart run to see if anything is left. Toys and electronics were not excluded from these points either. How often do these types of emails go out?

FYI. Received a 15 dollars in surprise points email from Kmart because they miss me. Time for one more Kmart run to see if anything is left. Toys and electronics were not excluded from these points either. How often do these types of emails go out?
They used to be fairly common, but now maybe they come out a couple times a year.

I got one for $7 (already sitting on $13 in my SYW account), so I guess it's time to pick something up.

I got one for $10 in electronics. It said it excluded electronics, but I gave it a go on Just Dance 2014 ($5.xx) and Just Dance 2015 ($9.00) It somehow worked, I got both for about $5 OOP and just swung over to GameStop and got $24.20 credit for them.

I got a 15$ off a 25$ or higher purchase coupon in the mail. I'll just toss in 8$ worth of groceries with that assassins creed rouge copy I found and I'll flip it to gamestop ^_^

I grabbed Assassin's Creed Rogue today...  Was marked at $57, so it wasn't exactly an amazing deal at $17 and change...but I had enough in regular points and surprise points to drop it to 17 cents, so I figured I'd get in one last Kmart gaming deal (and add to the pile of half a dozen other Assassin's Creed games I haven't touched yet) .

Have there been any good sales on Skylanders? The closest Kmart to me is 55 miles away. Not sure if it's worth it unless they have decent deals. I heard a rumor that they stopped carrying Skylanders after Swap Force came out.

Have there been any good sales on Skylanders? The closest Kmart to me is 55 miles away. Not sure if it's worth it unless they have decent deals. I heard a rumor that they stopped carrying Skylanders after Swap Force came out.
Well this thread was started in Feb so that was when the "clearance" started. The 2 stores I regularly go to have had slim pickings since Christmas and the only thing game - related I see anymore are that Michael Jackson game. I see others come in with different finds but every K-Mart I've been to has been a bust.

Sooo...I guess I am saying, if a 110 mile car is worth the joy of being able to play Michael Jackson The Experience, you should get in your car right now.

No seriously, don't even reply. Get a move on.

For those who actually shop at K-Mart it might be worth signing up for the Shop Your Way rewards program.  Over the last month or so, I have gotten $60 of free points ($15/week) which can be used on most things without purchasing anything extra.  I also received a $25 off $50 coupon and a $20 off $40 coupon.  I have also received $40 and several $15 surprise points in the past.

Personally, I rarely shop there but I have given most of it to my brother to use to get stuff as he's expecting his first child and lives within 2 minutes of a K-Mart.  Of course, this is very YMMV but it has meant a ton of free stuff so far.  We wonder how K-Mart stays in business when we use their money to shop there.

I have $5 in SYWR points left on my card, and, just got $10 in surprise points (that doesn't exclude electronics, but basically excludes everything else). 

Dunno if I'll be near a Kmart anytime soon.  There's two stores within 50 miles of me...but I'd really have to be traveling near them for some other reason to stop.

Still no surprise points in my account and I haven't bought anything in months.  Guess they don't miss me as a customer :(

Went to a four K-Marts in my area in the past week.  2 out of 4, basically had nothing.  I did, however, manage to pick up:

all PS3 games 

Watch Dogs- $11--

The Last of Us $11--

Dark Souls 2 $11--

Fifa World Cup Brazil $3.00

I do recall seeing a few copies of COD: Ghosts for the PS3 that at the time were ringing up $17 I believe... I think there's another 10% cut today.  The Wayne, PA KMart had several controllers for $17 and 3 different kinds of headsets ranging from $10-$17 if anyone is interested.  As of last week, accessories were at 50%.

The K-Mart in Hastings, NE was almost completely picked over  as of Saturday afternoon (the 13th).  Everything was 70% off of "already reduced prices."  

I only saw one copy of the Michael Jackson Experience, some DS shovelware, and some accessories.  I did pick up this Nyko DS4 charger for $7.xx, though: http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-PlayStation-4/dp/B00FLLFJ68/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434380655&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=nyko+ds4+charger&pebp=1434380889868&perid=7D18E5DA0AC84BE3A5BA

The K-Mart in Hastings, NE was almost completely picked over as of Saturday afternoon (the 13th). Everything was 70% off of "already reduced prices."

I only saw one copy of the Michael Jackson Experience, some DS shovelware, and some accessories. I did pick up this Nyko DS4 charger for $7.xx, though: http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-PlayStation-4/dp/B00FLLFJ68/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434380655&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=nyko+ds4+charger&pebp=1434380889868&perid=7D18E5DA0AC84BE3A5BA
You did pick up the Michael Jackson game, right?

The Passaic, NJ Kmart still has some games, mostly 20 copies of Disney Sing It, Deepak Leela for the Kinect, a PS4 Battery from Nyko, but the only interesting things were two copies of each Alien Isolation for $14.70 and Sunset Overdrive for $14.80.

I went in looking for the last Dragon Age Inquisition I saw a week ago but it wasn't there so now I don't have to enter that Kmart anymore....well except for the Little Caesar's lol

bread's done
Back