Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maverikm']Store #3381 had copies of Homefront, Top Spin 4 and one each of Yakuza 3 and 4. Unfortunatley the don't have any 1600 or 4000 xbox live cards in stock.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you check up front where they keep other gift cards... I've had trouble finding point cards in the electronics section, but had no problems finding them up front.

[quote name='maverikm']Store #3381 had copies of Homefront, Top Spin 4 and one each of Yakuza 3 and 4. Unfortunatley the don't have any 1600 or 4000 xbox live cards in stock.[/QUOTE]

At my store they guy said they were out of 1600 point cards, so I decided to check up front to see if by chance they had any up on their gift card rack. Sure enough there was a stack of 30 or so. You could always check and see if your store has any up front also, just throwing it out there.

EDIT- guess I should have read some of the other posts. Fearbeard is on the same page

Heading out to pickup Homefront and just realized that I never received the $25 for MvsC3. Going to have to see if customer service can reprint the receipt. Ugh

Just to confirm the Homefront offer is 2 per customer. I'm sitting out front of my Kmart after arguing that both xbl cards were supposed to come free. Sigh a new week a new problem. Email incoming after I get home with the precious loot.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I hope the Kmart near me has at least one copy of Yakuza 3 and 4 by this afternoon. If I find only a lone Yakuza 3 will it ring up at $14.99?

The Best Buy deal on Yakuza 4 is tempting at $40. It would be nice if Kmart would match that price. I'd be willing to wait a few days if Kmart decided to match them.[/QUOTE]
Why would they match them when K-Marts deal is vastly superior?

[quote name='bzchanboy']Just to confirm the Homefront offer is 2 per customer. I'm sitting out front of my Kmart after arguing that both xbl cards were supposed to come free. Sigh a new week a new problem. Email incoming after I get home with the precious loot.[/QUOTE]
Separate transactions and you would have been fine.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Just to confirm the Homefront offer is 2 per customer. I'm sitting out front of my Kmart after arguing that both xbl cards were supposed to come free. Sigh a new week a new problem. Email incoming after I get home with the precious loot.[/QUOTE]
If you bought them both in the same transaction, that would be your problem.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Why would they match them when K-Marts deal is vastly superior?[/QUOTE]
No, it's not.

Well just got off the phone with the Rewards number and they said that sometimes can take up to 30 days, so I guess just going to wait. Well good thing I am not looking to spend the credit anytime soon.

I was K-Mart at they were getting ready to put Yakuza 4 up. Along with the 10 copies of Y4, they also received five copies of Yakuza 3, so for those who worried about Y3 selling out, they should of received a new shipment. But I do recommend showing the sales clerk at the computer terminal (going to my gamer and then the misspelled "kakuza" on the right). So, they can see that you get a free game.

Nothing was scanning at all, even if you wanted to buy Y3 for $14.99. So, fortunately, they read the blog and knew the price at the computer terminal.

[quote name='dino88']If you bought them both in the same transaction, that would be your problem.

No, it's not.[/QUOTE]
How do you figure that?

10 free dollars + a $26 dollar game (Amazon Price)

My kmart actually had signs printed out for all of the deals although they were laying on the counter. I called when I woke up and they said they didnt have any of the games. I told them they were to come out today they said they would check the back and came back and said they had them all. By the time I made it up there they had them all in the cases and the deals printed and laying on the counter. Only complaint is for 3-4 months since ive noticed I havent seen any points cards.

[quote name='dino88']It's a $15 dollar game (Kmart's price) and it's not "10 free dollars," it's $10 off your next purchase. Big difference.[/QUOTE]
Either way it's better than Best Buy. Free game and $10 dollars > $20 bucks off.

[quote name='dino88']It's a $15 dollar game (Kmart's price) and it's not "10 free dollars," it's $10 off your next purchase. Big difference.[/QUOTE]

the $15 game is a price by k-mart and not an actual price drop on the msrp. also it is $10 off if you had started on the points rewards train like many of us have already :)

Welcome ad-monster, nice to see so many shc staff members helping josh out with some many questions. now I'm starting to believe the whole cloning thing is true lol.

the best buy deal on yakuza is good for those who already have yakuza 3 but after shipping and tax for most, its only a warm deal.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Either way it's better than Best Buy. Free game and $10 dollars > $20 bucks off.[/QUOTE]
No, it isn't.

The $10 credit is not $10 off your purchase. If anything, it's $5 off this purchase and $5 off your next purchase. $15 game + $5 discount (not instant) is not "vastly superior" to an instant $20 discount. They may be equal to each other, but even then it's always better to have instant savings than receive items of value equal to a discount.

[quote name='medetron']the $15 game is a price by k-mart and not an actual price drop on the msrp. also it is $10 off if you had started on the points rewards train like many of us have already :)
[/QUOTE]
All that matters is that it's available for $15 right now for anyone. The previous points you've acquired are not relevant to the deal at hand.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well just got off the phone with the Rewards number and they said that sometimes can take up to 30 days, so I guess just going to wait. Well good thing I am not looking to spend the credit anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
Be careful here, when they have said 30 days before I haven't heard good feedback.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Josh said most likely be $10 off[/QUOTE]

Most likely and having an actual deal are two very different things. To be honest, I haven't seen a deal for Dynasty Warriors 7 ANYWHERE. I thought Monday (3/14) was mentioned as when a deal would be posted but I could be mistaken...

[quote name='dino88']No, it isn't.

The $10 credit is not $10 off your purchase. If anything, it's $5 off this purchase and $5 off your next purchase. $15 game + $5 discount (not instant) is not "vastly superior" to an instant $20 discount. They may be equal to each other, but even then it's always better to have instant savings than receive items of value equal to a discount.

All that matters is that it's available for $15 right now for anyone. The previous points you've acquired are not relevant to the deal at hand.[/QUOTE]
I oughta punch you in the mouth.

[quote name='EOU Findub']Most likely and having an actual deal are two very different things. To be honest, I haven't seen a deal for Dynasty Warriors 7 ANYWHERE. I thought Monday (3/14) was mentioned as when a deal would be posted but I could be mistaken...[/QUOTE]
We will definitely have a deal. I can confirm at least $10.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will definitely have a deal. I can confirm at least $10.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much sir. One last thing before I mosey along. Is the release date the 22nd or the 29th? I reading conflicting dates...thanks again SHC Team! You have made a Kmart customer out of me. :)

Just an FYI to all looking for Yakuza, dont forget to check not only glass cases, but the clearance bins for Yak 3. Even though new stock may have been received I bet a lot of stores may put them right into the bins bypassing the case where Yak 4 will be.

Didnt get a $20 psn card with the purchase of homefront since they didnt have any at my local kmart. If we email you with a pic of the receipt will we get a $20 psn card or the code?

[quote name='Plasmolyze']Didnt get a $20 psn card with the purchase of homefront since they didnt have any at my local kmart. If we email you with a pic of the receipt will we get a $20 psn card or the code?[/QUOTE]
Gift card.

hey josh now that you are here 2 quick questions, will there be any deal on the tomb raider trilogy thats coming out next week? it was one of the only ones that didn't get pushed back like the splinter cell or prince of Persia set. also is there ever going to be a discount on collectors editions? my store has a ton of collectors editions just taking up space and scream buy me every time i pass by lol

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Why would they match them when K-Marts deal is vastly superior?[/QUOTE]

Sweeten the free game deal with a lower price, while still supporting Kmart.

While factoring in time/gas, it is not worth picking up a copy of Yakuza 3 at Kmart and purchasing Yakuza 4 at BestBuy. Given that the 10,000 points are never used/forgotten about.

Just realized some of my points are going to expire, got to use them now for this Yakuza 3 and 4 deal.

Josh are the XBLA/PSN cards still taken down in New Jersey stores, as I would like to take advantage of the Homefront deal? I have seen them in multiple other stores, Target and Best Buy...

[quote name='wrencrest']Just an FYI to all looking for Yakuza, dont forget to check not only glass cases, but the clearance bins for Yak 3. Even though new stock may have been received I bet a lot of stores may put them right into the bins bypassing the case where Yak 4 will be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wrencrest, this is a great point. Because of the price difference they may likely be in different places. Games over $30 are supposed to be in the case whereas games $29.99 and under (like Yakuza 3) are supposed to go to the value section and stores may be throwing them near the clearance area or in the up front dump bin although I don't think they would.

[quote name='specter316']DomLando, if you e-mail Josh with a photo of your receipt and your address, he'll send you a gift card instead of the points[/QUOTE]

Any reason they still are not out, like I said I see them in all other stores.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Be careful here, when they have said 30 days before I haven't heard good feedback.[/QUOTE]

Ok i will. I will hold onto my reciept which wont be a problem since I save all of my reciepts anyway. I hope that I dont have the same problem next tuesday when I go and buy both Crysis 2 and Lego Star Wars 3.

Are you morons really arguing which is a better deal? Who the fuck cares? Buy it where it's the best deal to YOU. Who the hell cares if someone else thinks they got a better deal.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Are you morons really arguing which is a better deal? Who the fuck cares? Buy it where it's the best deal to YOU. Who the hell cares if someone else thinks they got a better deal.[/QUOTE]

The guy stated that one deal was vastly superior and I pointed out the facts, so go fk yourself if you're referring to me as a moron.

Lol the kmart deal worked for me for yakuza. Once I seen the deal I sold my copy of yakuza 3 and re picked it up with 4 today. Very happy with the deal. Alot of people didnt think about that however and just wanted 4 so in that case by all means I wouldve shopped around. OTher stores are starting to compete more than before now with the yakuza 4 $40 tag at BB and Tiger woods 12 $45 at TRU so it is nice that kmart is forcing these companies to do battle. Competition always means the consumer wins :)

Sent you an email Josh on my awful experience today. I've had difficulty regarding promotions before but nothing like today.

We got Yakuza 4/3 deal no problem they had like 10 Y3 in stock right next to Y4, we got homefront but they didn't have any of the $20 psn cards. They even had the deals labeled on the glass cases.eveything went pretty smooth, besides them not having the $20 psn card

For anyone who has sent me emails with issues or concerns, my email server is currently down. I will address any concerns or issues as soon as my system is back up and running. IT has not given me an expected time for when it will be back up and running.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Listed on the blog for discussion if interested

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Discussion:-Gamings-Guilty-Pleasures[/QUOTE]

Thanks now I'm listening to Katy Perry

I like katy perry almost as much as ms. GaGa guess those are guilty pleasures too, lol ;P
Prototype was my guilty pleasure game. So juvenile, so immature, but so fun.

All you CAGs who bought the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special edition don't forget to redeem your code for Jill and Shuma-Gorath today! - marvelvscapcom3.com/redeem

Last edited:
[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']For anyone who has sent me emails with issues or concerns, my email server is currently down. I will address any concerns or issues as soon as my system is back up and running. IT has not given me an expected time for when it will be back up and running.[/QUOTE]

I am back up and I will address emails.

Is it too late to request a headset be sent to my Kmart for the Crysis deal on 03/22? They haven't had any in since the black ops deal (4 months ago) and even then they only had one of the PS3 headset and one of the Xbox 360 headset (forgot the model #, but they were the ones specifically advertised for that deal). Otherwise the extra $20 off is useless if their is no inventory

I didn't get the 10,000 bonus points from buying Homefront :(

I am all opted-in for the email deals on my account... Could it have failed because my SYWR card is from Sears instead of Kmart? I thought they were all the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back