Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe we over bought the 360 version so we should be good. I fully expect to be above 98% instock at the end of the week. Similar to MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, noted.

Not sure how all this rewards stuff works, but when I went to K-Mart yesterday, the woman - who was probably born before the invention of the transistor (so why is she working electronics?) - scanned the game and it came up $40. I checked the circular and saw nothing for it and checking this thread was too cumbersome on my phone, so I couldn't tell if I needed a membership or a coupon. I spent 15 minutes trying to sort it out and with a blizzard hitting, I didn't have time to waste so I decided to just pay the full price and then sort out the price with a copy in hand, since I saw people reporting sellouts.

So I go back to the ancient cashier and she goes to scan the game when I notice SHE HAD THE WRONG GAME!!! When I pointed at Enslaved in the case, she thought I meant the one next to it and I said, no, the one to the right, Enslaved. She pulled the wrong one and because I didn't see that she had screwed up, wasted all that time. ARGH!!! At least I got it. The videos look cool and I liked Heavenly Sword, so good deal. Just a PITMFA to get the price.

Any chance the following deal will include the KZ3 Bundle? That would be a CAG quality deal.

3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase

I would be all-over the Bulletstorm deal, but there's no way this game will stay 59.99 for longer than a month, I made the same mistake with Enslaved and payed full price on it.

19.99 GHOST TRICK: PHANTOMDETECTIVE DS
19.99 PROFESSOR LAYTON ANDDIABOLICAL BOX DS
14.99 FINAL FANTASY TACTICDS FNL F 2
14.99 FINAL FANTASY IV DS

19.97 METAL GEAR SOLID ESSCOLL PS2 25078
9.97 ARC THE LAD-END OF DARKNESS PS2 10028

29.99 FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 PS3
29.97 SINGULARITY PS3
14.99 WET PS3

19.97 SCEA JEANNE D'ARC PS98700/PSP
19.97 SCEA PARAPPA THE RAPPSP / 98702

14.99 HOUSE OF THE DEAD OVERKILL WII

OH NO MY MONEY NOOOO

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just reading it now, looks amazing.

Heads up to all, Nintendo has asked me not to post the offer until Wednesday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean it's really amazing or just Nintendo being jerkwads?

Picked up my Enslaved copy tonight. It was nice to see the employee hanging out in the department. It made for an easy in, easy out. What a nice deal :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pricing should be updated today, we extended the setting up of the displays for two weeks due to the amount of titles. I would definitely like to know if pricing isn't updated though.[/QUOTE]

Hit up my local K-Mart today, and the newest clearance prices still aren't in effect (I scanned a copy of Silent Hill: Homecoming to make sure). I asked an employee if they knew when they would be taking care of the new batch of clearance stuff, and in a very confrontational tone, I was told, "We're not allowed to tell anyone about that! If you don't see it marked at the price you want, it's not on clearance." I was a bit shocked at how rude she was.

[quote name='VaultDweller']also picked up enslaved...not sure if I should open it.....heard this game sucks[/QUOTE]

Then why did you buy it? It's not like you can make any money unless you flip it on Goozex.

[quote name='confoosious']Is altanis ever coming back?[/QUOTE]

Haven't been keeping up in the last few days, Where did he go?

So what's good with the MvC 3 thing? I bought it last Tue. and the points never posted, so I was holding off till this week but I'm pretty sure it's an error since I got it in on day 1 around 6.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Hit up my local K-Mart today, and the newest clearance prices still aren't in effect (I scanned a copy of Silent Hill: Homecoming to make sure). I asked an employee if they knew when they would be taking care of the new batch of clearance stuff, and in a very confrontational tone, I was told, "We're not allowed to tell anyone about that! If you don't see it marked at the price you want, it's not on clearance." I was a bit shocked at how rude she was.[/QUOTE]
I learned long ago not to ask questions that are esoteric in scope for lay-ish employees, who likely won't be able to give an adequate answer anyway, especially once I get confirmation on a price that tells me all the information I need to know. It's like, "Welp. Gotta check wit da forums."

tried to find enslaved again at kmart found an employee finally said they have no copies. is there anything you could do SHC.

[quote name='Phenomic']Haven't been keeping up in the last few days, Where did he go?[/QUOTE]

He got silenced a week ago. I think the ban gets lifted tomorrow.

Anyways, I'm ready for KZ3 and Bulletstorm. :D

It's much easier to keep up with the thread now that it's only half as long.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']tried to find enslaved again at kmart found an employee finally said they have no copies. is there anything you could do SHC.
#3105[/QUOTE]

you have to check it at the shelf, the employee that assisted me last sunday also told me that they have no copies of enslaved, so just to make sure i checked it again on their shelves and saw 2 copies of it.

[quote name='VaultDweller']also picked up enslaved...not sure if I should open it.....heard this game sucks[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'll second the "uh, then why did you buy it?" question. :lol:

I played through the first two "chapters" last night on the 360 version. I like the story. The graphics aren't absolutely spectacular, but they're decent, and the cool ideas make up for some of the shortfalls. In fact, I'd say that wandering through the various environments is the best part of the game. The loading times didn't bother me.

Two complaints on my part:

1) I found the controls to be a bit unresponsive at times and over-sensitive at others, making some parts of the game more difficult than they really should have been otherwise. The plasma blasts in particular really need some way of locking onto a target, which they don't have. Nothing will turn me off to a game faster than feeling like the "challenge" of the game is more getting the controls to do what I want them to do than it is the game itself. I'm not quite at that point yet, but it could end up going there if the difficulty ramps up as the game goes on.

2) The motion isn't entirely fluid, and things move around a lot. As a result, by the time I was done playing, I was starting to get a headache and a bit of nausea. Normally I only have this problem with first-person games, and it wasn't as bad here as it tends to be with those, but I will probably have to play it in small(er) doses (probably no more than one chapter at a time from now on -- most of my discomfort started really becoming a problem around halfway through the second). So if you're inclined toward motion sickness from games, you may want to take that into account with this one.

All in all, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this game (though I wouldn't have absolutely regretted it if I had), but I'd say that it's worth $15.

[quote name='coopx']you have to check it at the shelf, the employee that assisted me last sunday also told me that they have no copies of enslaved, so just to make sure i checked it again on their shelves and saw 2 copies of it.[/QUOTE]
Employees need a better way to access their inventory. I remember once I inquired about a game, and an employee had to guess where it would have been stacked relative to when it was released. It's like, "Uhh, no--it's the sequel of that game." Just kidding about the sequel thing.

I would normally respond on CAG venting about angry emails sent to me and make myself look bad in the process. You know what though? Sometimes it just sucks to shop at Kmart and people should be pissed.

Reverse rant over.

I hope not. There hasent been as much anger in the thread.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I would normally respond on CAG venting about angry emails sent to me and make myself look bad in the process. You know what though? Sometimes it just sucks to shop at Kmart and people should be pissed.

Reverse rant over.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you acknowledge the problems and work to fix them means there's hope. Keep on doing what you're doing and we'll keep thanking you.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I would normally respond on CAG venting about angry emails sent to me and make myself look bad in the process. You know what though? Sometimes it just sucks to shop at Kmart and people should be pissed.

Hire Altanis to reply to those angry e-mails, and shoot the breeze away from work.

[quote name='sadboy']Hire Altanis to reply to those angry e-mails, and shoot the breeze away from work.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

or post the dumbest ones on here. You know, from the mouth breathers who insist that "your doing a scam and ripping peeple off." I like to laugh at dumb people.

Don't you dare cave, you're our rock!

[quote name='Scorch']Don't you dare cave, you're our rock![/QUOTE]
Not caving, just identifying with how bad it can be out there sometimes :)

[quote name='sadboy']Hire Altanis to reply to those angry e-mails, and shoot the breeze away from work.[/QUOTE]
It may be fun but I prefer not having too many lawsuits out there at one time :)

I really want to use my MvC3 points towards BulletStorm, but I'm not too worried. As long as I get them no later than Saturday as I'll be playing Killzone 3 in the meantime and Josh already said he'll hold the offer an extra week for those of us trying to use our points towards BulletStorm and still get the $20 in SYWR points from that :)

I have contacted everyone that sent me an email from over the weekend and today. I've asked SYWR for another update as well to make sure this stays on their radar......I'll be asking every day.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It may be fun but I prefer not having too many lawsuits out there at one time :)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

so if we want to wait, we can still buy K3 or bulletstorm next week and get $20 in gift card (as opposed to points)?
might go this route since I'm busy this week (getting someone to check for Enslaved however)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']:applause:

so if we want to wait, we can still buy K3 or bulletstorm next week and get $20 in gift card (as opposed to points)?
might go this route since I'm busy this week (getting someone to check for Enslaved however)[/QUOTE]
Ummmm :) I'm honoring it for those next week whose points do not post in time for them to purchase the game with the points offer. If this happens to you, yes, I will honor the deal post expiration.

[quote name='amirr91']can you give us a better deal on fight night champion[/QUOTE]

25% of your money back on a brand new game is extremely generous, don't be a jerk about it. He doesn't have to do anything at all.

No Pokemon blog yet?

Couldn't you PM the deal info to a few people? That way it wouldn't get out in public and ruin the blog guy's big announcement, but those who wanted to know could know... we wouldn't tell anyone!

[quote name='RySenkari']No Pokemon blog yet?

Couldn't you PM the deal info to a few people? That way it wouldn't get out in public and ruin the blog guy's big announcement, but those who wanted to know could know... we wouldn't tell anyone![/QUOTE]
LOL, as much as I trust you, you may have missed my post. Nintendo is requesting I wait until Wednesday afternoon.

.[quote name='RySenkari']No Pokemon blog yet?

Couldn't you PM the deal info to a few people? That way it wouldn't get out in public and ruin the blog guy's big announcement, but those who wanted to know could know... we wouldn't tell anyone![/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Heads up to all, Nintendo has asked me not to post the offer until Wednesday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Man Josh I know this is earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but I was hoping maybe you could work on something special for U3(poster/figurine).

You gave out some cool stuff w/ COD:BO and MvC3. I was hoping w/ a request this far in advance maybe it would be easier for you to get something done.

Enslaved is a fantastic game, and at $15 it's an absolute steal. I loved it. One of the few games I've given a 90+ rating to.

[quote name='aznhero913']Man Josh I know this is earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but I was hoping maybe you could work on something special for U3(poster/figurine).

You gave out some cool stuff w/ COD:BO and MvC3. I was hoping w/ a request this far in advance maybe it would be easier for you to get something done.[/QUOTE]
Love the idea, I know I'm an idiot for asking but what is U3?

Nevermind: Uncharted 3, gotcha.

[quote name='aznhero913']Man Josh I know this is earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but I was hoping maybe you could work on something special for U3(poster/figurine).

You gave out some cool stuff w/ COD:BO and MvC3. I was hoping w/ a request this far in advance maybe it would be easier for you to get something done.[/QUOTE]
If I know SHC-Gamer, the deal he'll make will literally delve into the unknown or be uncharted or unprecedented. You'll be like, "Where the hell are we!?" by the time you're through, even though you'll technically be in a Kmart store.

Josh-
Any chance the following deal will include the KZ3 Bundle?

3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase

[quote name='hitmandls2']Josh-
Any chance the following deal will include the KZ3 Bundle?

3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase[/QUOTE]
I'll check with Sony, I have no problem with it. Depends on the funding. If so, it will by YMMV just based on stock levels but I like the idea.

Why they censoring us, Josh? Not everyone who mentions Altanis thinks negatively of him, with or without the lawsuits. :'(

[quote name='sadboy']Why they censoring us, Josh? Not everyone who mentions Altanis thinks negatively of him, with or without the lawsuits. :'([/QUOTE]
The Poke police are pretty tough.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Love the idea, I know I'm an idiot for asking but what is U3?

Nevermind: Uncharted 3, gotcha.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the best games out there IMHO and it would be awesome to have something that goes along w/ it!

I really hope to get some sort of cool collectible for this game and Gears of War 3.

Those are the only 2 titles out of the huge line of awesome games releasing this year I would like something w/ game purchase.

Please make something happen man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back