Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you are doing is good for us gamers and Kmart. This was the first purchase I have made at Kmart in 4-5 years. First gaming purchase at Kmart EVER.

Keep it up man.
knives_striker_scott.gif

The SYWR issue may be isolated to the CE only. Can anyone confirm that has purchased the standard that they have not received their points. If you have not, please send me an email so I can have them investigate further.

[quote name='aznhero913']Well I just got back from trying out a new Kmart.

No points showed up for me for either game but I've had a little bit of trouble w/ points and having to call in b/c of points disappearing and reappearing [/QUOTE]
So the points for neither game showed up on your receipt?

JOSH YOU HANG IN THERE DAMMIT!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just letting some people know I'm pissed :) In less than a year, video games has become the largest department in Kmart. The customer experience needs to be better from system issues to basic execution and I don't feel the need to wait any longer for it to be improved. Needs to happen now.

I'll confirm shortly on whether there is an issue or not. In the meantime, please forward me every issue.[/QUOTE]

I think some of the biggest problems comes from hiring apathetic workers who will take very low pay. Most of the clerks in that department here don't really care about providing a good experience or what the department looks like. Most of them seem annoyed that there is more traffic and business in the store.

I realize kmart isn't making billions in profit every year but just finding people who aren't there just to get a paycheck and do the bare minimum would improve the store level experience greatly. The weird thing is that every other department in the stores I've been in has been staffed by very friendly, very helpful people. For some reason it's only electronics where you get this bad attitude like you're some kind of social deviant for wanting to buy games on release week.

That's just my .02 cents though and I know it's out of your control. One man cannot move a mountain and all that. Don't want to discourage you, and there are absolutely some very good electronics employees around but putting the 40 year old burnt out employee who doesn't know anything about the dept and doesn't care to while the 20 year old college student who plays games is stuck at the register or stocking housewares means there's an oversight by management.

Again as always thanks for your persistence in improving the customer experience. This is all heresy and YMMV stuff. If your store is awesome support them, if not, I hope they can improve! I hate to sound so negative.

No problems at 4377. Bulletstorm epic edition 360 and got the bonus points.

Clearance looked good too.

I am probably the only person NOT buying killzone3 today.

When paying, if your sywr card was scanned, an option should appear on the cashier's screen to use sywr as payment. It should be like any other payment method (cash, credit, rewards). It was my cashier's time, so i asked for future refrence.

FWIW, my local store is always friendly, clean and 99% of the time (mvc3) they have everything out on day 1.

Clearance area is HUGE but neat. I know for a fact this Kmart has more than 3x the games than any other local Kmart near me.

Keep up the good work, Josh! Kmart is REALLY fortunate to have you doing such tedious PR.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The SYWR issue may be isolated to the CE only. Can anyone confirm that has purchased the standard that they have not received their points. If you have not, please send me an email so I can have them investigate further.[/QUOTE]

No, not limited to the CE. I only bought the standard version and the bonus points were missing (both online and on the receipt).

I can send you an email with the info, but I'm not sure what info you need.

I'm wondering if any of you used points towards the purchase. That happened to me last week when I used sywr points and only got base points. I didn't get the bonus points so I did a return and rebuy without using any points and the bonus points posted on the receipt.

[quote name='jer7583']

I realize kmart isn't making billions in profit every year but just finding people who aren't there just to get a paycheck and do the bare minimum would improve the store level experience greatly. The weird thing is that every other department in the stores I've been in has been staffed by very friendly, very helpful people. For some reason it's only electronics where you get this bad attitude like you're some kind of social deviant for wanting to buy games on release week.
[/QUOTE]

This. Also I have a problem with those 18 year old workers who would rather chit chat with the girls, acting all fucking stupid then actually ring me up. The next to the last time I was buying games at k-mart there was this like 18 year old male cashieer and he literally was like talking to the one girl employee (who was not doing any work might I add) about stuff while trying to ring me up. It's one thing to chit chat if no one is in the store, but it's just disrespectful to do it while you are handling customers.

[quote name='vlv723']I'm wondering if any of you used points towards the purchase. That happened to me last week when I used sywr points and only got base points. I didn't get the bonus points so I did a return and rebuy without using any points and the bonus points posted on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Considered it, but nope, didnt use SYWR points on this purchase. I *did* pay via gift cards, but why should that matter?

[quote name='EvilET']

So far I'm 0 for 2 with the SYWR points.. I miss the coupons. :whistle2:#

[/QUOTE]

I stopped going when it swapped to the points. My coupon train ended, but it took over 2 months for me to receive my card after I signed up and I didn't have the number to use in the meantime. I appreciate the deals that were there during that time period though.

[quote name='vlv723']I'm wondering if any of you used points towards the purchase. That happened to me last week when I used sywr points and only got base points. I didn't get the bonus points so I did a return and rebuy without using any points and the bonus points posted on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

I used $27 in sywr points, and got the bonus 20,000 with bulletstorm on 360.
I have never had a problem with sywr card, but i have had it before josh was around.

Also, the emails i am opted-in to are sears, kmart, and sears PR.
One of those scored me an oil change discount.

[quote name='hostyl1']No, not limited to the CE. I only bought the standard version and the bonus points were missing (both online and on the receipt).

I can send you an email with the info, but I'm not sure what info you need.[/QUOTE]
A pic of the receipt would greatly help.

Edit: I'm seeing it now.

Until the issue is resolved concretely on the CE I will be offering a $25 gift card with purchase (must be a SYWR member and show it on the receipt) due to the issue today.

Still investigating the standard but I am receiving mixed reports via email.

[quote name='Scorch']Going to hold off on buying Killzone standard edition until the issue of points not posting has been resolved..[/QUOTE]

I just bought the regular versionb and got 600 base points and 20,000 bonus points... its working fine.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Until the issue is resolved concretely on the CE I will be offering a $25 gift card with purchase (must be a SYWR member and show it on the receipt) due to the issue today.

Still investigating the standard but I am receiving mixed reports via email.[/QUOTE]

Damn... wish my store had received some.

Does anyone know if Kmart will be receiving the sharp shooter gun?

[quote name='Snake2715']I just bought the regular versionb and got 600 base points and 20,000 bonus points... its working fine.[/QUOTE]
That is what the SYWR team is telling me as well but I do not want to dismiss any reports (I have only received 1) of the KZ3 standard not reporting correctly until I receive 100% confirmation. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[quote name='GBAstar']Damn... wish my store had received some.

Does anyone know if Kmart will be receiving the sharp shooter gun?[/QUOTE]
The Sharpshooter was delayed in customs from Sony, they won't arrive to any retailer until Mid March from what I've been told.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The Sharpshooter was delayed in customs from Sony, they won't arrive to any retailer until Mid March from what I've been told.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy had three when I was looking at the KZ3 CE edition as my Kmart isn't carrying any.... I thought about picking them up because I had heard you mention something about them being delayed and thought it was my lucky day...

anyone else seen the sharpshooters around?

Edit: I can confirm it is available for in store pickup at my best buy so I wasn't mistaken

[quote name='GBAstar']My Best Buy had three when I was looking at the KZ3 CE edition as my Kmart isn't carrying any.... I thought about picking them up because I had heard you mention something about them being delayed and thought it was my lucky day...

Edit: I can confirm it is available for in store pickup at my best buy so I wasn't mistaken[/QUOTE]
I will be calling my Sony rep now. Thank you for this.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The Sharpshooter was delayed in customs from Sony, they won't arrive to any retailer until Mid March from what I've been told.[/QUOTE]

Someone is yanking your chain broham, both of the local gamestops here have them in stock, saw them opening them last friday but were street dated for the 22nd they said. They were pushing them pretty hard at the midnight launch for bulletstorm/killzone 3 as well. Best Buy has 3 of these as well, where I live in NC.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is what the SYWR team is telling me as well but I do not want to dismiss any reports (I have only received 1) of the KZ3 standard not reporting correctly until I receive 100% confirmation. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Picked up the standard edition today and got the bonus points online and on receipt, so no problems here.

And I know you're swamped with complaints or errors, but thanks again. We simply cannot thank you enough for these fantastic promotions. :applause:

[quote name='GBAstar']My Best Buy had three when I was looking at the KZ3 CE edition as my Kmart isn't carrying any.... I thought about picking them up because I had heard you mention something about them being delayed and thought it was my lucky day...

Edit: I can confirm it is available for in store pickup at my best buy so I wasn't mistaken[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked at Best Buy but between Target, Kmart & Wal-mart, nobody had any in-stock. The Targets in this area have signage up about it not being in stock and apologizing for the inconvenience.

I was going to wait, but now I'm considering going by Best Buy to get one if there's a chance no more get in stock for a month. It says available in stores but backordered online.

FWIW, amazon says temporarily out of stock as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will be calling my Sony rep now. Thank you for this.[/QUOTE]

Oh no problem. For $39.99 it looks like a really cool piece of tech; of course the price would be substantially more if one didn't already own the rest of the PS3 Move hardware (i.e. PS3 Eye, Move Controller, Navigation Controller, Compatible Game).

I was hoping that Kmart would have gotten one cause it would have made a sweet item to put the SYWR points towards

Dang Coke bags busted again:whistle2:#

[quote name='cag1000']Josh sent you a receipt # and haven't heard back, is that # ok or do you need a pic of the receipt?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure he needs a pic of the receipt

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I would normally respond on CAG venting about angry emails sent to me and make myself look bad in the process. You know what though? Sometimes it just sucks to shop at Kmart and people should be pissed.

Reverse rant over.[/QUOTE]
The first step to fixing your problems is admitting you have them in the first place.
At least you can try to change things.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The Poke police are pretty tough.[/QUOTE]
But Officer Jenny is really hot.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. And then March 6.

Are B&W going to be in stores on March 6 (Sunday) or are they going to be shipped March 7 (Monday)? Last thing I want is the half-baked 16 year old that works at the local Kmart on Sunday mornings to "go in the back" to try and find them when they aren't out, and not "find" anything, only to lose out.

[quote name='Lokki']I stopped going when it swapped to the points. My coupon train ended, but it took over 2 months for me to receive my card after I signed up and I didn't have the number to use in the meantime. I appreciate the deals that were there during that time period though.[/QUOTE]
There's a few things wrong with this:
1. You can use your phone number when you checkout, instead of your card.
2. You can view your SYWR number online when you sign in.
3. You can use your e-mail at checkout instead of your card.

Got Bulletstorm with no problems, there was one Castlevania CE left there too which I snatched right up. The guy said they didn't get any Killzone 3 in stock, but they did have the CE and the PS3 bundle so I'm just assuming the vanilla version was held up due to the hail/snow we got last night here which is probably for the best the way I'm spending.

I used my SYWR points to get the standard edition of KZ3... The points are fine.

Receipt reads:

71171982342 Killzone 3 $59.99
SYWR CARD $59.99
CHANGE .00

Current Points Balance: XXX + 20,000
Base Points Earned: 0
Bonus Points Earned: 20,000

Thanks Kmart!

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Got Bulletstorm with no problems, there was one Castlevania CE left there too which I snatched right up. The guy said they didn't get any Killzone 3 in stock, but they did have the CE and the PS3 bundle so I'm just assuming the vanilla version was held up due to the hail/snow we got last night here which is probably for the best the way I'm spending.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows CE? How much is it now at Kmart?

Edit: Nevermind PS3 version is $30. Wonder if it will hangout till $20.

got Bulletstorm epic and enslaved. hang in there Josh your deals have made me an Avid Kmart shopper these past 2 weeks

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']How can I PM the killzone 3 deal at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy won't PM offers tied to a rewards or member card, if i recall correctly. You could try, but I don't think it will fly since it doesn't specifically mention in the ad how much rewards you get.

Great deals as usual but Redwood City, CA only had Killzone 3 as of this morning. The San Mateo store only had Bulletstorm. Waiting for De Blob 2 to show up somewhere by this evening.

I decided to pop open Enslaved and give it a shot. I wasn't expecting much seeing as the game dropped in price so fast, I assumed it wasn't that good. To my surprise, it was just slightly better than not good. It's worth $15, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I decided to pop open Enslaved and give it a shot. I wasn't expecting much seeing as the game dropped in price so fast, I assumed it wasn't that good. To my surprise, it was just slightly better than not good. It's worth $15, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually considering rebuying this game - I thought it was pretty great and want to support the developer.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I decided to pop open Enslaved and give it a shot. I wasn't expecting much seeing as the game dropped in price so fast, I assumed it wasn't that good. To my surprise, it was just slightly better than not good. It's worth $15, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.[/QUOTE]

It has very nice facial animations (some of the best I've seen so far in a released product) and the story is fairly good. The interaction between the two main characters is not as good as Uncharted but getting close. Pigsy kind of steals the show for me though. I think it's a good game that got lost behind the big hitters that were released during that same time.

[quote name='killias2']So, when will these MvC 3 points post? I still don't have them....[/QUOTE]

According to the 20 or so posts asking the exact same thing over the last few pages, the response all along was that they should post by Saturday. Hopefully sooner, but that's what the SYWR team told Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back