Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,

I'm still waiting for SYWR to update my contact preferences since I still get the reset password page all the time. I'll send you a copy of the last one I sent. It has the whole running saga. lol

Also, I just saw the Socom 4 Full Deployment bundle. Looks sweet. Any idea yet if you will be getting them and/or any special deals?

Thanks for all the great deals!

Jeff

[quote name='jedijeff']Hey Josh,

I'm still waiting for SYWR to update my contact preferences since I still get the reset password page all the time. I'll send you a copy of the last one I sent. It has the whole running saga. lol

Also, I just saw the Socom 4 Full Deployment bundle. Looks sweet. Any idea yet if you will be getting them and/or any special deals?

Thanks for all the great deals!

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Wow that bundle is a nice deal IMO. For $150 you get $230 worth of stuff (MSRP that is).

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Signature edition is selling for 120ish on ebay right now.

Im selling mine and buying at K-mart.

Paying 60 extra dollars for a character you can buy and a few silly in game weapons is crazy, but people be crazy and I'll be happy to profit off that.[/QUOTE]

besides the dlc is the case any different then the regular one? is it a steel book or does it have a slip cover? I'm actually looking for a signature edition if theres a steel book or something special besides the dlc..

Kinda disappointed by the pokemon deal. Think I'm gonna go with amazon, really don't want black AND white. Just one...and some money back lol

[quote name='PDJ']Kinda disappointed by the pokemon deal. Think I'm gonna go with amazon, really don't want black AND white. Just one...and some money back lol[/QUOTE]

It's okay. I'm sure Josh can forgive you... THIS time. *dramatic music* : O

[quote name='medetron']besides the dlc is the case any different then the regular one? is it a steel book or does it have a slip cover? I'm actually looking for a signature edition if theres a steel book or something special besides the dlc..[/QUOTE]

The case is a little different, its black and has multiple people standing behind the male Hawke, its not steelbook or anything like that and comes with the soundtrack.

You can google exactly what it looks like.

[quote name='medetron']besides the dlc is the case any different then the regular one? is it a steel book or does it have a slip cover? I'm actually looking for a signature edition if theres a steel book or something special besides the dlc..[/QUOTE]

sadly no steel book. But the cover art will be different. (slipcover)

I really wish bioware would put out something like the last DA. Lazy bastards.

Hey Josh

I just wanted to thank you for correcting the points thing on MvC3, I got my 25 giftcard today and im so excited to use is on Poke'mon thank you sooo much for caring about us gamers

[quote name='confoosious']sadly no steel book. But the cover art will be different. (slipcover)

I really wish bioware would put out something like the last DA. Lazy bastards.[/QUOTE]

Just be glad DA2 didn't go the way of KotOR 2. :p

Been a while since I've been here due to money issues but I might be ready to hop back on on train. Just curious, is it possible to "mix and match" the Dragon Age deal? I'm looking at getting the PC version of the game with the 30 off the PSN card if possible.

[quote name='Psybuster']Been a while since I've been here due to money issues but I might be ready to hop back on on train. Just curious, is it possible to "mix and match" the Dragon Age deal? I'm looking at getting the PC version of the game with the 30 off the PSN card if possible.[/QUOTE]
The Customer FAQ post sums it up well:

Q: A game I am interested in is having a promotion where you buy the game and get a $20 PSN card or 1600 XBLA points card free. Can I buy the PS3 version and get the XBLA card, or buy the Xbox 360 version of the game and get the PSN card free?
A: Unless otherwise noted, yes you can mix and match between the system of the game and the system the points card is for.

Edit- I give up on trying to get the quotes to work correctly with this. *sigh*

If someone doesn't mind, could you post what the Pokemon Black/White deal is here? I don't know what the problem is, but the link for the blog is pulling up absolutely nothing for me. I click on it and the only thing I can view is what says "Pokemon Forever"...no other text comes up at all. TIA!

It's B1G1 50% off, and if you buy the limited edition DSi bundle you get any Pokemon game free.

It's been talked about a lot on CAG. Not just in this thread.

hey Josh since that DA2 deal is coming soon. any chance all kmarts will have fresh stock of the high end point cards?. mine only carry the low end amounts

[quote name='W0lfRHart']hey Josh since that DA2 deal is coming soon. any chance all kmarts will have fresh stock of the high end point cards?. mine only carry the low end amounts[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not josh but he did say they would be ordering resupplies for all stores on points cards for the deals this month.

[quote name='confoosious']sadly no steel book. But the cover art will be different. (slipcover)

I really wish bioware would put out something like the last DA. Lazy bastards.[/QUOTE]

thanks, that makes the choice much easier.i really don't understand why so many companies fail on collectors editions. really, its not that damn hard to do....

Hey, sometimes collectors editions having similar cover art has worked to the advantage of CAGs. Let us not forget Best Buy price matching Fry's for Castlevania last month...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will :) Probably in April or May.[/QUOTE]
That just made my night. I've been waiting for ~$20 Heavy Rain for a while now. Loved that game and really want to play it again.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM SYWR ON MvC3 Points.

They have confirmed that the fix IS going in this weekend and that if the points do not show up by 2/28 there is an issue with the customers account email settings (I will still help out).

I will be sending a follow up email to everyone that emailed me the last couple of weeks regarding this issue with this update.[/QUOTE]

Checked my SYWR account and no points have been added yet. Just wanted to double check and make sure that if I use the points to get Killzone 3 in the next circular week (starting tomorrow), you'll issue a $20 gift card with proof of purchase? Thanks Josh.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does anyone know that if the standard (non Greatest Hits) version of Heavy Rain and GOW III will be $29.99 as well?[/QUOTE]

The UPCs should all be the same so you should be fine. The only time it's different is if they put additional content on the GH version which I don't think Sony has done as much as MS has (if at all).

Don't know if this has been asked but is Kmart going to carry the Socom4 Bundle with all the accessories? If so is it going to be really limited per store or chain wide?

Don't have time to read thread history, but has SHC addressed what to do if you didn't get your 25k bonus points for mvc3?

I bought it (a week ago) friday morning.

I got my points the day of the MVC3 purchase.

Can't wait for Pokemon Black and White though. Add my employee discount to it and the fact that I get 50% off the other version is gold.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']Don't know if this has been asked but is Kmart going to carry the Socom4 Bundle with all the accessories? If so is it going to be really limited per store or chain wide?[/QUOTE]

too early to tell, but yes a deal on this could be great...

[quote name='pfp']Don't have time to read thread history, but has SHC addressed what to do if you didn't get your 25k bonus points for mvc3?

I bought it (a week ago) friday morning.[/QUOTE]

don't have time to read the op's first post? i call this the McDonald effect btw..... you have to wait till the 28th and if points don't show up you can contact josh using his info. guess where that information is :roll:

edit: the post below was 2 pages back, yes 2 pages...

[quote name='Gavica']no points for MvC 3 yet

Kmart = Scam[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']........fingers bloodied, head aching........I've caught up with everyone.

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM SYWR ON MvC3 Points.

They have confirmed that the fix IS going in this weekend and that if the points do not show up by 2/28 there is an issue with the customers account email settings (I will still help out).

I will be sending a follow up email to everyone that emailed me the last couple of weeks regarding this issue with this update.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I assume this means that Josh will extend the BS: Epic promotion (for those of us planning to use the SYWR points towards it)? I was really hoping that I could hit K-mart today... (it's quite a bit out of my way usually, but I was planning on heading in that direction today to use an @Gamer coupon that expires today).

Don't worry, I'm not miffed at you Josh, but I bought this game over a week ago.

Edit: I might bite the bullet on this and just apply both offers' SYWR points to Pokemon, and hope the girlfriend will gimme money for what I use to cover her, but that's still more money out of my pocket at the moment than I planned to spend, which is frustrating for someone who has a planned budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gavica']no points for MvC 3 yet

Kmart = Scam[/QUOTE]

For a sense of perspective, this is the dude who posted a deal on SMAS at $19.99 from Amazon because he had a $10 promotion on his account. :applause:

[quote name='confoosious']For a sense of perspective, this is the dude who posted a deal on SMAS at $19.99 from Amazon because he had a $10 promotion on his account. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Lol, oh yeah! I remember that. Hahahahaha, thanks for the reminder. Oh man, SD. *shakes head*

[quote name='confoosious']For a sense of perspective, this is the dude who posted a deal on SMAS at $19.99 from Amazon because he had a $10 promotion on his account. :applause:[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Among other things. He's freely admitted to posting things from here on SD.

I love how people suddenly scream scam every time there's the slightest issue. Josh has said he will fix things no matter what, so how the frick is that a scam?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

epic fail!!!

[quote name='Altanis']:rofl: Among other things. He's freely admitted to posting things from here on SD.

I love how people suddenly scream scam every time there's the slightest issue. Josh has said he will fix things no matter what, so how the frick is that a scam?[/QUOTE]

Here is the thing, the amount of people that purchased the game far exceeds the number on this site and reading the blog. The average "Joe" who doesn't live on game related sites has no clue about a fix and most likely thinks he got shafted on this deal. End result, they will lose potential sales in the future because of this.

You need to see the bigger picture for a moment, we are a niche crowd that most likely makes up a small amount of the overall revenue generated in the electronics departments in Kmart. Josh does a great job helping us here but there is no way he can help your average shopper that bought a game and didn't get the points issued correctly and I am sure the instore service desk was probably not helpful at all, thats Kmart SoP.

[quote name='gindias']The average "Joe" who doesn't live on game related sites has no clue about a fix and most likely thinks he got shafted on this deal. End result, they will lose potential sales in the future because of this.[/QUOTE]

That kinda sounds like me...

[quote name='Organization_XIII']That kinda sounds like me...[/QUOTE]

But an average Joe who isnt on this site, wouldnt have even known about the deal since its only posted here. So he wouldnt even know any better. Not that it makes it right.

[quote name='joshdts']But an average Joe who isnt on this site, wouldnt have even known about the deal since its only posted here. So he wouldnt even know any better. Not that it makes it right.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

If you don't know about the initial deal, how could you have been scammed?

I think it might have been posted on the blog too... but that can be fixed by another entry on the blog.

[quote name='confoosious']Bingo.

If you don't know about the initial deal, how could you have been scammed?

I think it might have been posted on the blog too... but that can be fixed by another entry on the blog.[/QUOTE]

Try reading a sales paper on Sunday, that excact deal may not have been there but they advertise lots of SYWR deals. In my store they post the blog deals around the counter in electronics, you also have word of mouth and other sites. Trust me when I say this, we are not the only people picking up on these deals. CAG may be the starting point around the web but there are lots of other deal related sites that just list the deal.

There is an entire world outside of CAG, your not as special to Josh as you may think.

[quote name='confoosious']Bingo.

If you don't know about the initial deal, how could you have been scammed?[/QUOTE]
It's one of those roundabout things, where no matter what, if you don't get the points right away, you get scammed.

Because you know, no other rewards program delays posting posts at all.

[quote name='gindias']Try reading a sales paper on Sunday, that excact deal may not have been there but they advertise lots of SYWR deals. In my store they post the blog deals around the counter in electronics, you also have word of mouth and other sites. Trust me when I say this, we are not the only people picking up on these deals. CAG may be the starting point around the web but there are lots of other deal related sites that just list the deal.

There is an entire world outside of CAG, your not as special to Josh as you may think.[/QUOTE]

Except the points will post. It's not a scam because they'll get the points if they use their SYWR account.

[quote name='adamical']Except the points will post. It's not a scam because they'll get the points if they use their SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that person is prattling on about.

[quote name='adamical']Except the points will post. It's not a scam because they'll get the points if they use their SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

I agree but I never said it was a scam, read what I wrote. To somebody getting feeds from a deal site or a friend they would naturally think this was a bogus deal because they have no idea that the points will eventually post like we do, thats all I said.

I will not post on this anymore as this is not the place for this kind of discussion and I dont feel like dealing with those two Kmart attack dogs that are sniffing around.

[quote name='gindias']I agree but I never said it was a scam, read what I wrote. To somebody getting feeds from a deal site or a friend they would naturally think this was a bogus deal because they have no idea that the points will eventually post like we do, thats all I said. [/QUOTE]

That's fine. Except that Gavica guy is actually on this site and still called it a scam. So you know...

It's sad he's calling it a scam did he even email josh before the bitchin' started I love Josh I didn't get the deal, emailed him and got my 25 dollar gift card yesterday how is that a scam

I've been on and off the fence all week about holding out on Bulletstorm and Killzone 3... I'm weak and just decided to cave and go buy both here in a little bit. I figured I could pick up a cheap Bulletstorm down the road towards Gears beta time but since you gotta have the code and the disc so much for that idea. The gambler in me says these will get expensive sealed near beta launch hell the code already is selling for up to $30 in multiple auctions and you still need the damn disc...

I have never played Killzone online and I very badly want that Socom code. I can buy it for $63 get the $20 RZ points, the beta and trade it to Amazon/Gamestop for $40 and be out like $3 for a rental if it doesn't hook me into it's claws. No lose situation gonna grab both.

Can't we ban him already for stupidity or something? I'm sure a mod can think of an excuse for it. After all, we got rid of fire_thief...

So here is my question to everyone. In order to get bonus points you have to be opted in for emails? So in theory if you got your points for BS and KZ3 you shouldnt have a problem getting your points from MVC3 by monday? Or is it me being the optimist that i am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back