Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djgizmo772']So here is my question to everyone. In order to get bonus points you have to be opted in for emails? So in theory if you got your points for BS and KZ3 you shouldnt have a problem getting your points from MVC3 by monday? Or is it me being the optimist that i am.[/QUOTE]
In theory, yes. If you have gotten your bonus points for other promos, you should be getting your points from MvC 3 by Monday.

Went to Kmart looking for Killzone 3 and they were out but did pick up Enslaved. I do not figure it will go below $15 unless I buy used and I would rather get it new at this low of a price. Sadly it is just going on the huge backlog of games I have going now.

[quote name='ProphetZero']I got my points the day of the MVC3 purchase.

Can't wait for Pokemon Black and White though. Add my employee discount to it and the fact that I get 50% off the other version is gold.[/QUOTE]

FYI you won't since it's on a BOGO.

Picked up Wet, Enslaved, and Halo Wars for$14.99 each today. Cool haul. My kmart had a table in electronics with a lot of different clearance games for$19.99 each.

the pokemon deal is not bad. if I wanted them, Amazon would be slightly better by less than $1. for those who don't get taxed there, Amazon would be the obvious choice.

I'm guessing the Enslaved deal is over. I knew I should have picked it up when I saw copies Monday and Tuesday.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the pokemon deal is not bad. if I wanted them, Amazon would be slightly better by less than $1. for those who don't get taxed there, Amazon would be the obvious choice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now that Amazon stepped it up to $10 credit, if you dont need it right away, that's the better way to go. (or just need 1 game.)

So glad this coming week is a slow one I got a backlog of games to finish >_> my wallet is been hurt by all the good deals (and the fact that I'm weak lol) time to save for DA II :p

[quote name='Glasscocked']Picked up Wet, Enslaved, and Halo Wars for$14.99 each today. Cool haul. My kmart had a table in electronics with a lot of different clearance games for$19.99 each.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Enslaved last night (willow grove pa). I forgot to look for wet!

[quote name='padlok']I grabbed Enslaved last night (willow grove pa). I forgot to look for wet![/QUOTE]

Worth going back for it :) that game was well worth $15 IMO.

Well, I feel dumb.
I put off getting Bulletstorm until this weekend because I had to pay for a root canal and crown for my wife yesterday and the dumb military dental plan for dependents doesn't cover anything really. So when I woke up this morning, I looked in my bank account, took stock of what I had, and decided to grab Bulletstorm. And then I proceeded to play MvC3 all day. I think my store is open for another hour, but I will just let this one go.

Edit: Nope, they've already closed. Oh well, it was my fault.

Question on the Homefront offer... Are the free points cards tied to the console you buy the game on? Meaning, can I buy the 360 game but get a free PSN card?

Went and grabbed KZ3 and Bulletstorm 360 earlier tonight and when I took them out the bag a little bit ago I noticed that I earned 41200 and it was already available in my account.... I haven't used my card yet besides earning points on purchases toward the end of my coupon train last year. I'm surprised they appear so fast after reading about the trouble with MvC3 people. I assumed they just took awhile...

Oh well i'm back on the train and happy these points are alot friendlier expiration wise!! I'll be back for the Impressive Dragon Age 2 deal.... Probably answered but I did read back several pages.... Will Kmart be getting the Limited Edition Dragon Age 2????

[quote name='$hady']Went and grabbed KZ3 and Bulletstorm 360 earlier tonight and when I took them out the bag a little bit ago I noticed that I earned 41200 and it was already available in my account.... I haven't used my card yet besides earning points on purchases toward the end of my coupon train last year. I'm surprised they appear so fast after reading about the trouble with MvC3 people. I assumed they just took awhile...

Oh well i'm back on the train and happy these points are alot friendlier expiration wise!! I'll be back for the Impressive Dragon Age 2 deal.... Probably answered but I did read back several pages.... Will Kmart be getting the Limited Edition Dragon Age 2????[/QUOTE]

no just the regular version

Stopped at my second-nearest KMart on the way home from visiting family today since it was along one of my possible routes. Found a copy of Enslaved there after much digging and peering. It wasn't among the $14.99 markdown games but in the case with the 39.99 tag still on it. Waited four minutes for someone to respond to the button press (he did apologize and was very nice about it, so I was in turn) and it rang up at 14.99 as it was supposed to. It was the version with the comic, too! Glad I managed to grab it before the promotion ended. Everyone's comments on it in this thread finally sold me on it, though I'm not sure I would have made the trip today had I not been seeing family. The weather's been rather uncooperative all week.

[quote name='Shtdummy']Nice to know there's an update on the McC3 credit. I was wondering when I'll get the credit. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I tried to catch up on the thread and didn't see the update - is it that they'll be here on 2/28, as is stated on the blog?

Checked it after I went to work, but can't get to CAG at the office :(

[quote name='W0lfRHart']no just the regular version[/QUOTE]

Thanks for quick answer, I kinda figured that as Kmart never seems to be good with LE/CE of games.

I apologize, I am sure this has been talked about a lot, but I read through the last page or so of posts and it seems like the MvC3 points have not posted today. Is this accurate?

[quote name='$hady']Thanks for quick answer, I kinda figured that as Kmart never seems to be good with LE/CE of games.[/QUOTE]
The special edition of DA2 was for pre-orders only anyway. Since Kmart doesn't do preorders, it kinda made getting the DA2 SE pretty... impossible.

Any clue what the deals are for this coming week? went back a few pages and didnt see them and dont know how many back they are or if they were even posted yet.

[quote name='Altanis']Enslaved isn't going to be among the markdown games because it's not a permanent markdown, but rather a weekly sale.[/QUOTE]

Right, except for the fact that in addition to being on sale at five dollars below MSRP, it's also at a new, permanent, lower price that wasn't reflected either on its tag or with its location in the store. So... yeah. ;)

And you expect Kmart's price tags on a game that just had its MSRP dropped to be correct? Hell, mine has a copy of FFCC: Crystal Bearers in the $19.99 and under bin with I think either a $49.99 or $39.99 price tag on it. It's hilarious. I fully intend on picking that up one day, just because I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy stuff, pretty much no matter how bad.

Enslaved's MSRP just dropped to $20 this week (Feb 21).

What is this SYWR stuff?

Forgive me...but I rarely shop at K-Mart because the one nearest me looks dilapidated, but apparently, they've been stepping up their game lately.

Well, I want Homefront n the 15th..so if i walk into K-Mart on release day, I can buy Homefront for full price and get a free 1600 MSP card, no hassles?

[quote name='jcp42877']What is this SYWR stuff?

Forgive me...but I rarely shop at K-Mart because the one nearest me looks dilapidated, but apparently, they've been stepping up their game lately.

Well, I want Homefront n the 15th..so if i walk into K-Mart on release day, I can buy Homefront for full price and get a free 1600 MSP card, no hassles?[/QUOTE]
I highly recommend you read post #7, The Kmart Customer FAQ:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8088492&postcount=7

And yes, if the deal is a free points card with purchase, then you can go into Kmart and buy the game and get a free points card. It's not like this is some bait and switch program.

[quote name='jcp42877']What is this SYWR stuff?

Well, I want Homefront n the 15th..so if i walk into K-Mart on release day, I can buy Homefront for full price and get a free 1600 MSP card, no hassles?[/QUOTE]

Basically it's like Best Buy Reward Zone you earn like a penny on the dollar for what you buy but some stuff has a bonus like 20,000 points on Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 or $20 bonus each. Then you just have the Kmart angry cashiers decuct the points/money from your card on a future purchase.

http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/home_do

Hey Josh, I'm wondering this since I know the history of Kmart having things on release day when that's a Tuesday, much less having things available when release day is a Sunday or Monday:

Will the release date of Pokemon Black & White be in the ad? I really don't care if the B1G1 50% off deal is in the ad or not, but literally the only reason I was able to get the half-baked (at least) 16 year old working electronics when SMAS released was because it was in the ad (thankfully, placed under the glass counter at the electronics register) that it released that Sunday, not Tuesday.

If the release date of B&W is in the ad as 3/6, that will probably help people like me that will undoubtedly get a worker who refuses to believe that games can release on a day other than Tuesday.

Thanks!

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, I'm wondering this since I know the history of Kmart having things on release day when that's a Tuesday, much less having things available when release day is a Sunday or Monday:

Will the release date of Pokemon Black & White be in the ad? I really don't care if the B1G1 50% off deal is in the ad or not, but literally the only reason I was able to get the half-baked (at least) 16 year old working electronics when SMAS released was because it was in the ad (thankfully, placed under the glass counter at the electronics register) that it released that Sunday, not Tuesday.

If the release date of B&W is in the ad as 3/6, that will probably help people like me that will undoubtedly get a worker who refuses to believe that games can release on a day other than Tuesday.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
It totally says "available Sunday" no way for them to look at the ad and think it comes out Tuesday.

Absolutely awesome.

Now comes the fun part of hoping that my local Kmart got 2 copies of each in. I can't imagine that they wouldn't, but....

I'm heading out to Scottsdale for the week to meet with Sony and all the publishers. I will be anxiously awaiting to see if the SYWR update is applied correctly and will move quickly Monday evening.

After that, I'll be fairly quiet next week and asking Stock Boy to help out as much he can.

Just wanted to let everyone know if it seems like getting emails back is slower than usual.

Have fun at Destination Playstation. Be sure to share all the juicy details :D.

Oh, and enjoy the weather. I'm sure you'll welcome it over the weather that Chicago has been having.

It's officially Sunday, and I still don't have my 25,000 MvC3 points :(

Edit: I just seen that the points are not going to be posted until 2/28... starting to feel like those video game release dates that keep getting pushed back, lol.

[quote name='Altanis']And you expect Kmart's price tags on a game that just had its MSRP dropped to be correct?[/QUOTE]

No, of course I don't. We are talking about KMart, aren't we? :roll: I had every expectation to find it in the wrong place and with an outdated tag, and that's exactly what I reported.

It's always amusing watching you try to argue with people by agreeing with their statements. Keep up the good work. :bouncy:

[quote name='Altanis']Hell, mine has a copy of FFCC: Crystal Bearers in the $19.99 and under bin with I think either a $49.99 or $39.99 price tag on it. It's hilarious. I fully intend on picking that up one day, just because I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy stuff, pretty much no matter how bad.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed that myself when my local Target had one on clearance for ten bucks. Don't know when I'll get around to playing it, but the price was definitely right.

My nearest KMart has a copy of Chocobo Dungeon for Wii at bargain price. Anyone know if it's any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']Hell, mine has a copy of FFCC: Crystal Bearers in the $19.99 and under bin with I think either a $49.99 or $39.99 price tag on it. It's hilarious. I fully intend on picking that up one day, just because I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy stuff, pretty much no matter how bad.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed that myself when my local Target had one on clearance for ten bucks. Don't know when I'll get around to playing it, but the price was definitely right.

My nearest KMart has a copy of Chocobo Dungeon for Wii at bargain price. Anyone know if it's any good?

How is the game case the wrong place? The bins with the $19.99 and under titles are games that are clearanced out, and have generic price tags. Enslaved isn't a clearance title, so it being in the game case isn't wrong.

Like I said, the MSRP of Enslaved just dropped last week. Kmart stores get a week to update clearance titles (longer in this last case, since over 1,000 titles dropped), and I would guess that, now that there is someone dedicated to the video games department at corporate, that something similar occurs with their titles.

It's not like Kmart is the only store where things aren't marked with the correct price either. How many times have people reported finding old ass games marked at $50-60 at Walmart?

I never said anything about clearance bins, and I have absolutely no idea why you think clearance policies or Walmart's tendencies have anything to do with this one store's game layout being in a typical state of disarray.

The simple matter was that this location, not my primary one so I wasn't used to it, had games sorted by price threshold. Enslaved, with its new MSRP that was implemented this week as you keep repeating like no one knows, had not yet been relabeled and was still among higher-priced games. This didn't surprise me, of course. Now, if you'd like further explanation, please let me know what part is confusing you and I can elaborate further.

I was simply telling you the policy for the under $20 games and likely why Enslaved wasn't marked correctly. YOU keep whining about how Enslaved wasn't marked correctly at $14.99 and how it wasn't "in the right place" like it's the end of the world. First, Enslaved was a blog offer, which would explain why the game wasn't priced at $14.99 (and the MSRP drop wouldn't marked right away at all stores anyway, which is what you seem to not be getting).

Either way, this isn't important. You're just arguing to argue now. If you want to continue this pointless rant, my inbox is open.

I'm sorry that my attempt to clarify has somehow come across to you as a rant. I was only trying to help since you seemed unable to come to terms with the events of my shopping trip. I'll make a sincere effort from here on to make it specifically clear that when I, like many others regarding this deal, had it ring up at the correct price regardless of all else, my success story in buying the game was not meant to be interpreted as "whining." Please accept my apologies, and I hope I don't inadvertently upset you again, now or in the future.

As long as I'm posting, thanks again, Josh, for the awesome deals! Looking forward to Pokemon and DA2.

[quote name='dabamus']You can use them right away.[/QUOTE]

really, wat happen incase you decided to return the item you bought to have that points?

[quote name='thegreek']I really wonder how the Yakuza 4 deal is going to be handled?[/QUOTE]

me too, I'm extremely excited for Yakuza 4 bundle. Sadly the one K-mart I go to I know for sure do not have any Yakuza 3 copies. I wonder if they will bring in new copies of Yakuza 3 but somehow I doubt it.

I'm also excited for the Dragon Age 2 deal, save 30 on a 50 PSN card and 10 dollar reward? thats 40 bucks in saving! Only problem with this is Bioware and their love of DLC. I'm debating of buying it now or waiting until a Game of The Year comes out with everything in it.

[quote name='xRemnant']me too, I'm extremely excited for Yakuza 4 bundle. Sadly the one K-mart I go to I know for sure do not have any Yakuza 3 copies. I wonder if they will bring in new copies of Yakuza 3 but somehow I doubt it.

I'm also excited for the Dragon Age 2 deal, save 30 on a 50 PSN card and 10 dollar reward? thats 40 bucks in saving! Only problem with this is Bioware and their love of DLC. I'm debating of buying it now or waiting until a Game of The Year comes out with everything in it.[/QUOTE]

Buy it, play it, and don't buy dlc. Then sell/trade it. Then hope for a nice deal on said GOTY edition in a year or so.

Went back to the Palm Bay ~ FL Kmart one last time looking for De Blob 2. No luck... poor guyed looked for it for 15 minutes. The system said they had them but they were not on the shelves, with next weeks releases, or in the back.

So... money spent advertising, points deals worked out, rewards on my SYWR card go unused (that I was saving just for this title), and two out of my way trips to K-mart. All around loss...

But on a positive note - Target had the game on every system nicely displayed and ready for purchase.

[quote name='coopx']really, wat happen incase you decided to return the item you bought to have that points?[/QUOTE]

you get back what you paid, and the points will be deducted from your account.. so no you can't keep free points and return the game... otherwise known as scamming and stealing.:roll:

[quote name='thegreek']I really wonder how the Yakuza 4 deal is going to be handled?[/QUOTE]

like every other deal so far, some people will get it some people will have a hard time TRYING to explain it to cashiers when all you have to do it ring up the items and buy....

[quote name='xRemnant']me too, I'm extremely excited for Yakuza 4 bundle. Sadly the one K-mart I go to I know for sure do not have any Yakuza 3 copies. I wonder if they will bring in new copies of Yakuza 3 but somehow I doubt it.

I'm also excited for the Dragon Age 2 deal, save 30 on a 50 PSN card and 10 dollar reward? thats 40 bucks in saving! Only problem with this is Bioware and their love of DLC. I'm debating of buying it now or waiting until a Game of The Year comes out with everything in it.[/QUOTE]

every store will get a new shipment of yakuza 3, its been stated simply use the search function provided for you and look up user name shc-gamer... so if your store gets 10 copies of yakuza 4 i'm sure your store will get at least 10 copies of yakuza 3...

[quote name='InvaderZim']Went back to the Palm Bay ~ FL Kmart one last time looking for De Blob 2. No luck... poor guyed looked for it for 15 minutes. The system said they had them but they were not on the shelves, with next weeks releases, or in the back.

So... money spent advertising, points deals worked out, rewards on my SYWR card go unused (that I was saving just for this title), and two out of my way trips to K-mart. All around loss...

But on a positive note - Target had the game on every system nicely displayed and ready for purchase.[/QUOTE]

whether the guy was helpful or not doesn't excuse them not having the games out for an entire week.. the system showing them in stock means someone scanned the package and left it somewhere. did you ask for a manager or anyone higher then a cashier? making multiple trips it quiet frankly your fault for not escalating the situation when you FIRST went. anyways email josh with your story including store and address. and I'm sure he'll look into it so that in future visits you'll be able to pick up these games, that is if target hasn't mesmerized you with there nice isles :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back