Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FINALBOSS']Good for you...I guess. Except this has nothing to do with any of us or the MvC3 points.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make much sense. If anything, it'd be the last sentence that has nothing to do with you, as that is just an anecdotal reference to show that it'll eventually come one way or another.

[quote name='Interfeci']That doesn't make much sense. If anything, it'd be the last sentence that has nothing to do with you, as that is just an anecdotal reference to show that it'll eventually come one way or another.[/QUOTE]
Then what's the point? Everything eventually turns out one way or another lol.

Either way...it's starting to get late and still no points.

As Interfeci said, give Josh the benefit of the doubt here, folks. He's shown he'll take care of problems before, so don't worry that you'll be screwed out of your bonus. Likewise, this problem is on SYWR's end, not Josh's, and I think it's fair to say he's as annoyed at them as anyone else is because now he has to clean up their mess. I can guarantee that Josh will probably dance with joy when coupons can return, as SYWR rewards seem to be prone to quirks, problems, and limitations.

Question here... I signed up for SYWR's in the store and they told me that they don't give cards out anymore, you just use your phone number. However when I go online to check my account I can't figure out how to possibly access it. Is my store just retarded, or am I missing something? I never got a card or any numbers or anything...

I ask because I will probably do the DA II deal next week.

Your store is probably just retarded. Unless something has recently changed, Kmart was hocking the card (and the sign-up included the card) like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, your store is retarded, everyday I go to mine, they're at the front door signing people up and giving out the card. They do it in electronics as well.

Marvel vs capcom 3 - 25 dollar credit posted but the dragon quest VI 15 dollar credit did not... E-mail out to Josh. I am sure he'll take care of it.

[quote name='Altanis']And all the bitching was for nothing ;).[/QUOTE]

Real talk, I guess all the bitching got deleted, must have missed it.

@Back4More 25k as promised.

It's my understanding that the Dragon Quest VI points weren't part of this fix. You were supposed to email him already about them if it didn't work.

Still no points for me. I've been a member since around octoberish of last year, and signed up when I bought about @220 worth of games. None of my points ever post, except for about 3000 random points from a purchase I haven't the foggiest idea what was of. grr.

[quote name='guinaevere']Still no points for me. I've been a member since around octoberish of last year, and signed up when I bought about @220 worth of games. None of my points ever post, except for about 3000 random points from a purchase I haven't the foggiest idea what was of. grr.[/QUOTE]

might sound like a stupid question but have you checked to see if you are opted to receive emails and what not? would probably be a better to just go to the store and sign-up again, you can log into your account and changed card number to knew one. that could help out if for whatever reason the card you have now is damaged or something.

My 50k just posted, Thanks Josh. I had been holding off on playing MVC3 because I had never dealt with these rewards but now I plan to jump into the game and buy into the next few deals. : )

[quote name='medetron']might sound like a stupid question but have you checked to see if you are opted to receive emails and what not? would probably be a better to just go to the store and sign-up again, you can log into your account and changed card number to knew one. that could help out if for whatever reason the card you have now is damaged or something.[/QUOTE]
Not at all a stupid question.

I may do that, but I at least want to get the points for MVC3, as I actually have the receipt right here.

EDIT: They posted!!! :whee: Things never go right for me, they take about twenty tries.

[quote name='JKSonic']Question here... I signed up for SYWR's in the store and they told me that they don't give cards out anymore, you just use your phone number. However when I go online to check my account I can't figure out how to possibly access it. Is my store just retarded, or am I missing something? I never got a card or any numbers or anything...

I ask because I will probably do the DA II deal next week.[/QUOTE]

This happened when I signed up this week as well, the store did not have any of the cards on hand. If you did a full sign-up with email address and mailing info, you should have an email from them welcoming you with your account info. Mine was sent to me before I left the store. Physical card is supposed to be mailed to you, according to the employee that signed me up.

My points were posted as well, although, I thought I wasn't qualified for them since I signed up for the SYWR membership at the register upon purchasing the game.

My points have definitely posted as well. Thanks Josh! =]

Now hopefully tomorrow, I can finally purchase Killzone 3 and send the proof to Josh for that $20 promo.

Now that I finally have some points to my name, how does one redeem them? I'm looking to use these on Pokemon Black & White. Will they come right up when the card is scanned?

[quote name='guinaevere']Now that I finally have some points to my name, how does one redeem them? I'm looking to use these on Pokemon Black & White. Will they come right up when the card is scanned?[/QUOTE]

Well once you have your games and card scanned and the total is brought up, ask the cashier to check the balance of what is on your SYWR card. She or he would tell you how much you have so you then can either tell them to put some or all the money that is tied to your SYWR card towards that transaction.

Nice, so I don't have to use it all if I don't want to? That's even sweeter.

Thanks worrybomb for the answer, and Josh for helping get the points straightened out.

[quote name='guinaevere']Now that I finally have some points to my name, how does one redeem them? I'm looking to use these on Pokemon Black & White. Will they come right up when the card is scanned?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='worrybomb']Well once you have your games and card scanned and the total is brought up, ask the cashier to check the balance of what is on your SYWR card. She or he would tell you how much you have so you then can either tell them to put some or all the money that is tied to your SYWR card towards that transaction.[/QUOTE]

also dont forget to setup a pin online as you will need it to use the points on your account. basically the pin is well a pin that allows you to use the points linked to your account and if the cashier tells you you need a card to use the points thats BS as all you need is the pin and your phone number.

note some stores are different. One I went to, the guy wrote my account down and then entered it in order to use the points. Another store asks for a PIN before points are applied. I never have been asked how many points I would like to use for the several times I used points as payment.

Purchased Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. Question: Should the receipt show the bonus points or does it not show up till later on the account? I did opt to receive emails days before the purchase so that shouldn't be a problem. The cashier didn't scan my card until after he scanned the games; don't know if that would make a difference. Just curious of other persons experience. Didn't want to bother Josh with an email prematurely. I haven't had any problems with any of the other game promotions I have used at Kmart. Thanks.

[quote name='medetron']also dont forget to setup a pin online as you will need it to use the points on your account. basically the pin is well a pin that allows you to use the points linked to your account and if the cashier tells you you need a card to use the points thats BS as all you need is the pin and your phone number.[/QUOTE]
If you have the actual card, a PIN doesn't have to be used to redeem the points.

Or at least that's been my experience. I set up the PIN online, but in multiple redemptions of SYWR points, I haven't needed it yet.

[quote name='darthnav']Purchased Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. Question: Should the receipt show the bonus points or does it not show up till later on the account?[/QUOTE]

When did you purchase them? Unless I'm mistaken, the promotions for these games were only valid through Saturday. Josh is making amends for people who were waiting to apply their MvC3 points toward these games, however.

[quote name='darthnav']Purchased Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. Question: Should the receipt show the bonus points or does it not show up till later on the account? I did opt to receive emails days before the purchase so that shouldn't be a problem. The cashier didn't scan my card until after he scanned the games; don't know if that would make a difference. Just curious of other persons experience. Didn't want to bother Josh with an email prematurely. I haven't had any problems with any of the other game promotions I have used at Kmart. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

the points should show up instantly and also shows up on your reciept. it should say something like 20,000 points towards the bottom of the reciept. if it doesnt then the points didnt get added to your account. if you call the sywrs number they say wait 30 days then request the points but just email josh and he'll help you out. also what day did you purchase them? the sale ended on saturday...

[quote name='Altanis']If you have the actual card, a PIN doesn't have to be used to redeem the points.

Or at least that's been my experience. I set up the PIN online, but in multiple redemptions of SYWR points, I haven't needed it yet.[/QUOTE]

thats cool, i never recived my card so i've been using just my phone number and pin...

I purchased them Saturday (2/26), so I should have been ok there. Guess I'll shoot Josh an email. Thanks for the responses.

MvC3 points posted to my account as well. Now just to hope my store gets in 4000 Microsoft Point cards so I can take full advantage of the DA2 deal.

Josh has said so, but it bears repeating that stores are being sent additional point cards regardless of their posted inventory to ensure availability for the corresponding deals. The same goes for copies of Yakuza 3.

Notification from SYWR that an update was applied for MvC3 as I have been requesting non-stop since this whole thing has started.

To that end, I received a ton of email today when the points did not post immediately this morning. I'm not sure who still may need help so I will just shoot a quick follow up and ask for everyone to double check they did not receive the points as they were applied this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back