Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Instead of having greeters, they should have people actually working in their sections, instead of one person covering 5 at a time, seems like this would be much better customer service.[/QUOTE]

I concur -- what's point of a greeter even? Resources (employees) can be utilized better. It's very annoying to have to find someone for the electronics section; there should always be a person in every section of the store.

Hey Josh good to have you back! Just wanted to confirm that you got my email regarding the fight night SYWR issue. I was never given the 15,000 points and my account is set up the way you said it should be on the first page. Thanks for your help!

PS. You just got me even more hyped about the NGP i think i may hold off for that rather then the 3ds! Did you get to see any of the uncharted game for it?

We have SYWR greeters in my store too--and it's a small store that's kind of out of the way. They are pretty damn annoying. Every cashier asked for my card...no matter what. Of course...if I had one I'd hand it to them...but I haven't received one yet (signed up in November).

Does anyone know where to request a replacement card on the SYWR website?

My store usually has two-liters sitting next to the register with pieces of paper a affixed that say something along the lines of "If I forget to ask for your SYWR card, you can have this free two-liter."

We have SYWR greeters in my store too--and it's a small store that's kind of out of the way. They are pretty damn annoying. Every cashier asked for my card...no matter what. Of course...if I had one I'd hand it to them...but I haven't received one yet (signed up in November).

Does anyone know where to request a replacement card on the SYWR website?

[quote name='snake8574']Hey Josh good to have you back! Just wanted to confirm that you got my email regarding the fight night SYWR issue. I was never given the 15,000 points and my account is set up the way you said it should be on the first page. Thanks for your help!

PS. You just got me even more hyped about the NGP i think i may hold off for that rather then the 3ds! Did you get to see any of the uncharted game for it?[/QUOTE]
I did! I'll be responding to emails throughout the day.

[quote name='hoofrog']Josh, I know you have been busy but is there any chance to resolve my MvC3 issue before Pokemon release?[/QUOTE]
More out of the office traveling with limited access to email.

I'll definitely do my best, but just as a heads up most of my resolutions are via gift card which take about a week to get in so if anything I would have to adjust the strategy with you to account for that delay.

Well at my store they say our goal for rewards cards is to get 20%, and say people who get less will get no hours, so basically threatening us with hours. This makes it extremely frustrating when people come in to buy one thing and don't want to sign up for a rewards card (even though it takes literally one minute). This just makes it more stressful to work there but hey what can I do?

My Kmart has had someone at the door booth asking if we have a rewards card for about a month, but I never feel hassled. I just tell them I already have one but thank you (which I do.. but I wish they would remember my face so they didn't ask every time!). I think it's poor management to push employee's and threaten them with schedule cuts though.

[quote name='martinez91']Well at my store they say our goal for rewards cards is to get 20%, and say people who get less will get no hours, so basically threatening us with hours. This makes it extremely frustrating when people come in to buy one thing and don't want to sign up for a rewards card (even though it takes literally one minute). This just makes it more stressful to work there but hey what can I do?[/QUOTE]

Just activate the cards for them and put it in their bags. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']More out of the office traveling with limited access to email.

I'll definitely do my best, but just as a heads up most of my resolutions are via gift card which take about a week to get in so if anything I would have to adjust the strategy with you to account for that delay.[/QUOTE]

Well Howdy stranger!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']More out of the office traveling with limited access to email.

I'll definitely do my best, but just as a heads up most of my resolutions are via gift card which take about a week to get in so if anything I would have to adjust the strategy with you to account for that delay.[/QUOTE]

Any word on the points card availability for the dragon age promotion?

[quote name='aznhero913']Well Howdy stranger![/QUOTE]

All I can think of when I read this was "Whatdya buyin?" "Ah, I'll buy it at a high price!"

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Kmart still going to have the $50 PSN card for $20 with the purchase of Dragon Age 2 this week?[/QUOTE]

As far as we know, yes. Buy them together and the discount will apply automatically.

The only change is that the PC version of the game will not be available at launch.

Edit: Looks like the OP is being edited at the moment. I can see now why you felt the need to ask.

By the way, we never got an answer as to whether the PC release is being delayed for a known amount of time or until further notice. What's the word on that without having to reveal the cause of it?

[quote name='rzenger']Any word on the Tiger Woods 12 deal?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Something that involves a 4000 XBL Space Bucks card would be awesome!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I did! I'll be responding to emails throughout the day.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool thanks Josh! That's awesome how did uncharted look?

[quote name='snake8574']Ok cool thanks Josh! That's awesome how did uncharted look?[/QUOTE]
Played about 5 minutes of it in 3D.........awesome.

Not a huge jump forward from Uncharted 2 just from a presentation standpoint (my opinion) but the animations are definitely improved and certain effects like the new fire renderings are amazing.

I know its controversial, but in 3D it took it to another level.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Some great things coming out of DPS. The NGP is the real deal. I've spent quality time with both the NGP and 3DS and I can definitely say that NGP has captured my attention in a much greater way.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear. My interest for it is definitely climbing higher than the 3DS at the moment. Two quick questions then, if you are allowed to comment:
1. How are the analog sticks?
2. Did you get to see the NGP Uncharted, and was it any good?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Game of the show, hands down, was Battlefield 3. I have quite honestly never seen anything like it before. I was shown roughly 15 minutes of gameplay from the PC build and it was literally a "next gen" game. My only concern is that it was definitely a PC build that we saw and while EA maintained that the code could be compressed so that no loss of fidelity would occur on the consoles, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around it.[/QUOTE]
If they can make Crysis 2 run on a console, miracles can truly be performed. The latest trailer showing gameplay looked phenomenal. A bit CoD-esque, though, which is a bit worrying. Can't wait until they show the new destructibility engine off. Nothing beats making your own door in Bad Co 2.

[quote name='Fabs']Any word on the points card availability for the dragon age promotion?[/QUOTE]

All stores should have them now, but he said more were going to be sent just in case since a lot of stores don't keep them in electronics (which is why everyone thinks they are out).

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Good to hear. My interest for it is definitely climbing higher than the 3DS at the moment. Two quick questions then, if you are allowed to comment:
1. How are the analog sticks?
2. Did you get to see the NGP Uncharted, and was it any good?

If they can make Crysis 2 run on a console, miracles can truly be performed. The latest trailer showing gameplay looked phenomenal. A bit CoD-esque, though, which is a bit worrying. Can't wait until they show the new destructibility engine off. Nothing beats making your own door in Bad Co 2.[/QUOTE]
I played Uncharted on the NGP for most of the time I had it in my hands. They made me wear gloves while I was playing it but even through them I really like the analog sticks. Right amount of resistance and it felt natural. The game itself played great and looked fantastic. The OLED screen is beautiful.

The only thing that kind of felt weird was the back touch pad. It worked great but it was just a different spatial awareness then I was used to.

[quote name='shc-gamer']played about 5 minutes of it in 3d.........awesome.

Not a huge jump forward from uncharted 2 just from a presentation standpoint (my opinion) but the animations are definitely improved and certain effects like the new fire renderings are amazing.

I know its controversial, but in 3d it took it to another level.[/quote]

lucky sob!!!

So battlefield 3 is the best game in the show? I seen the preview it look pretty cool. However, I tried BF: BC2 on 360 and I can't get over how shitty the game look...

[quote name='Xellos2099']So battlefield 3 is the best game in the show? I seen the preview it look pretty cool. However, I tried BF: BC2 on 360 and I can't get over how shitty the game look...[/QUOTE]
They made it a big deal to emphasize that this is not Bad Company in any way.

This is the true Battlefield 2 sequel from years back. The game has been in development for over 5 years. Truly a spectacle.

Hey Josh, I know it's a couple of weeks away but do you know what the Tiger Woods 12 deal is going to be yet by chance?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Kmart still going to have the $50 PSN card for $20 with the purchase of Dragon Age 2 this week?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about that, too, since I can't seem to find it in the starting post anymore.

[quote name='Starwyn']I'm curious about that, too, since I can't seem to find it in the starting post anymore.[/QUOTE]

OMG. I hope it comes back. The DA2 and Homefront deals were the only reasons I opened up a SYWR account. Good thing I didn't cancel my amazon pre-orders yet...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I played Uncharted on the NGP for most of the time I had it in my hands. They made me wear gloves while I was playing it but even through them I really like the analog sticks.[/QUOTE]
HORI should design similar but better gloves for those who don't buy their screen protectors. It would be the wave of the future. Although, I can also see it being a huge product blunder.

[quote name='Starwyn']I'm curious about that, too, since I can't seem to find it in the starting post anymore.[/QUOTE]

Is it my imagination or did ALL of the upcoming deals go away?

[quote name='Vacabck']Is it my imagination or did ALL of the upcoming deals go away?[/QUOTE]
Arrrgghhhh, did I delete it by mistake. #$#%$1#$^@#^@%$^$

Question I know that has been asked plenty of times over the months, but what's the earliest time I'd be able to pick up Pokemon with the deal at a 24hr store?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Arrrgghhhh, did I delete it by mistake. #$#%$1#$^@#^@%$^$[/QUOTE]
If anyone still has it cached, I'm sure Josh would appreciate if you set your browser to work offline and copy paste the first post contents here.

[quote name='Vacabck']Is it my imagination or did ALL of the upcoming deals go away?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Arrrgghhhh, did I delete it by mistake. #$#%$1#$^@#^@%$^$[/QUOTE]
Deals? We don't need no stinkin' deals.

edit: I don't think I have it cached. Or maybe... Josh, see if this link helps.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Working on catching up asap.

Already have an email into the SYWR team regarding the BS points expiring email to see what it is actually referring to. Regardless, not going to let anything wrong happen in that arena.

Some great things coming out of DPS. The NGP is the real deal. I've spent quality time with both the NGP and 3DS and I can definitely say that NGP has captured my attention in a much greater way.

Game of the show, hands down, was Battlefield 3. I have quite honestly never seen anything like it before. I was shown roughly 15 minutes of gameplay from the PC build and it was literally a "next gen" game. My only concern is that it was definitely a PC build that we saw and while EA maintained that the code could be compressed so that no loss of fidelity would occur on the consoles, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around it.[/QUOTE]

I probably wont have the money so I'm considering waiting on the 3DS and going for the NGP instead. It's just that I'm so impatient...

And yeah Battlefield 3 is going to seriously compete with CoD next round I think. Even the trailer they put out was crazy good. Awesome not just graphically but it was very intense. If they could keep something like that up for an entire game I'd really feel like it was something next gen and not yet another FPS.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I played Uncharted on the NGP for most of the time I had it in my hands. They made me wear gloves while I was playing it but even through them I really like the analog sticks. Right amount of resistance and it felt natural. The game itself played great and looked fantastic. The OLED screen is beautiful.

The only thing that kind of felt weird was the back touch pad. It worked great but it was just a different spatial awareness then I was used to.[/QUOTE]
I think my excitement factor just went up. :bouncy: Can't wait until more details come, hopefully at E3. If it's not obscenely expensive, I'll be on board.

This appears to be what's been deleted from the OP:

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The ad primarily features the Sony price moves this week. Most importantly the PSP 3000 drop to $169.99 and Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Modnation Racers to $29.99.

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically). As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad: .

2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

March Offers look like the below, will be able to 100% confirm on Tuesday:

• :ds: 3-6 Pokemon Black and White Offer http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Pokemon-Forever
  • :360::ps3::pc: 3-8 Dragon Age 2 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card
  • :ps3: 3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase
  • :360::ps3: 3-8 MLB 2k11 Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Homefront Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free $20 PSN or 1600 XBLA Points
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Yakuza 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free Yakuza 3
  • :ps3: 3-15 Playstation Heroes offer 10,000 SYWR
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Top Spin 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR
  • :360::ps3::pc: 3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Blue and Black Offer TBD
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Launch Games Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Nascar 2011 Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Shift 2 Unleashed Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii:3-29 WWE All-Stars Offer TBD
  • :360: 3-29 Child of Eden Offer TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Played about 5 minutes of it in 3D.........awesome.

Not a huge jump forward from Uncharted 2 just from a presentation standpoint (my opinion) but the animations are definitely improved and certain effects like the new fire renderings are amazing.

I know its controversial, but in 3D it took it to another level.[/QUOTE]

Did they have Hot Shots Next on display? As a huge HSG fan and someone who just ditched his PSP, the wait for the next title in the series is getting rough. :((

earlier in the week I say some guy with a laptop in the electronics section. as I walked by him again while leaving, I noticed one of those ID things around his neck with "PlayStation Rep" or something of the sorts written on it :roll:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']earlier in the week I say some guy with a laptop in the electronics section. as I walked by him again while leaving, I noticed one of those ID things around his neck with "PlayStation Rep" or something of the sorts written on it :roll:[/QUOTE]
...and then you found 5 dollars?

[quote name='ubdu']This appears to be what's been deleted from the OP:

The ad primarily features the Sony price moves this week. Most importantly the PSP 3000 drop to $169.99 and Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Modnation Racers to $29.99.

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically). As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad: .

2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"

March Offers look like the below, will be able to 100% confirm on Tuesday:

• :ds: 3-6 Pokemon Black and White Offer http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Pokemon-Forever
  • :360::ps3::pc: 3-8 Dragon Age 2 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card
  • :ps3: 3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase
  • :360::ps3: 3-8 MLB 2k11 Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Homefront Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free $20 PSN or 1600 XBLA Points
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Yakuza 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free Yakuza 3
  • :ps3: 3-15 Playstation Heroes offer 10,000 SYWR
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Top Spin 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR
  • :360::ps3::pc: 3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Blue and Black Offer TBD
  • :ds: 3-27 3DS Launch Games Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Nascar 2011 Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Shift 2 Unleashed Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3: 3-29 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Offer TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii:3-29 WWE All-Stars Offer TBD
  • :360: 3-29 Child of Eden Offer TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.[/QUOTE]
Thank you sir, my bad :)

I have officially caught up with everyone. If you still have a pending issue and have not received a response please resend as it appears I do not have it.

Thanks everyone for your patience while I was away this week!

Biggest change for March is that due to internal reasons (not the publishers fault), we have delayed PC purchases in March to April.

Blame Stock Boy, not me.

I will come up with some deals on Crysis 2 and DA2 PC when they arrive in store.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Biggest change for March is that due to internal reasons (not the publishers fault), we have delayed PC purchases in March to April.

Blame Stock Boy, not me.

I will come up with some deals on Crysis 2 and DA2 PC when they arrive in store.[/QUOTE]

Just blame Canada, for no reason at all.

blamecanada100510.jpg

[quote name='craven_fiend']Just blame Canada, for no reason at all.

blamecanada100510.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

It's even funnier because I was listening to the soundtrack of that movie last night while driving home for break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back