Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']Going to try to hold off on buying a baseball game this week! I barely played last years at all.. Dragon Age 2 deal should keep me busy! [/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. Played the hell out of The Show 09 then barely touched 10. Probably let Dragon Age 2 and the Mortal Kombat demo keep me busy this week and wait for The Show to drop under $40.

shame to hear people are still having problems with sunday releases.. annoying.

Just got back from store #3691

Had a row of 10 each of the New pokemon.

Put both B&W on layaway( dont get paid til the 16th) got the discount. They even had stickers promoting both bogo discounts.

Almost was the easiest experience I ever had at the store xcept the cashier was annoyed when I questioned the address on the account but according to other post here I'll take it. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
:360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets .[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing a distinct lack of PC offers here. Is there any intention of adding a PC deal?

Any chance for a B2G1 free on ds games for the 3ds launch. The launch titles suck in my opinion. Im not interested in any. Also, is kamrt doing any 3ds preorders?

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Any chance for a B2G1 free on ds games for the 3ds launch. The launch titles suck in my opinion. Im not interested in any. Also, is kamrt doing any 3ds preorders?[/QUOTE]

what! :lol: if you're not interested in any of the launch titles, why would you care about whether there's a B2G1 free?

----

Illogical reasoning aside, this is a good question but I highly doubt there'd be something as good as B2G1 free on launch titles. Maybe buy the system and get 50% off a game (essentially $20.) I think that's what they did with Kinect.

[quote name='confoosious']what! :lol: if you're not interested in any of the launch titles, why would you care about whether there's a B2G1 free?

----

Illogical reasoning aside, this is a good question but I highly doubt there'd be something as good as B2G1 free on launch titles. Maybe buy the system and get 50% off a game (essentially $20.) I think that's what they did with Kinect.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant on all DS games, not just 3DS titles.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm seeing a distinct lack of PC offers here. Is there any intention of adding a PC deal?[/QUOTE]

A page or two back Josh stated that they had an error getting the PC version of Crysis and some other new releases ordered for the stores so they won't have them until a bit later.

Sad to see the crysis 2 deal gone for PC my store always had pc game on release date. I really wanted the 50$ psn card.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think he meant on all DS games, not just 3DS titles.[/QUOTE]

ahhh that makes sense now. my bad.

btw- has kmart ever done a B2G1?

Yeah, I said DS games not 3DS games. Theyve done B2G1 on ds games before so i figuired they could again. Or even a Buy $39.99 worth of ds games, get a $15 coupon like before. Wont the coupons be back on 3ds launch day?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think he meant on all DS games, not just 3DS titles.[/QUOTE]
Isn't he a she? I can't remember anymore.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm seeing a distinct lack of PC offers here. Is there any intention of adding a PC deal?[/QUOTE]

SHC said on Friday that for some internal reason, KMart would not be stocking PC games this month.

[quote name='DPsycho']For those who didn't get the deal to ring up correctly, did anyone have this occur when their SYWR card was scanned? Reading people's experiences, someone mentioned not having one, so unless someone had a contradictory experience, it's a possible cause.

Alternately (and failing the card theory), I'm curious whether scanning the games in the opposite order makes a difference. The promotion as posted specifies that White is reduced. Could scanning White first and then Black be failing to trigger the discount? Just throwing ideas out there.

Edit: My receipt indicates that White was scanned before Black, so that's probably not it.[/QUOTE]
When all 4 copies were scanned together, the discount refused to come off. Then the discount refused to come off the second time the lady I had scanned everything, because she tried scanning the same ones together (2 B, 2W, instead of 1 B, 1W). Then when she scanned them in pairs the discount came off. Except of course that because they had to void out about 5 transactions, my receipt only shows having bought White twice, and only having bought Black once. I got fully charged for everything, I just think she threw out the receipt where Black was printed the second time. It doesn't really matter to me since both Black copies are gonna be opened and used tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, and if one doesn't work I'll gladly go back and exchange it.

Short version:
Scanning 2 copies of each didn't work right away. Scanning them in pairs and running 2 transactions did though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']SHC said on Friday that for some internal reason, KMart would not be stocking PC games this month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spree4567']A page or two back Josh stated that they had an error getting the PC version of Crysis and some other new releases ordered for the stores so they won't have them until a bit later.[/QUOTE]

Well, there goes me even considering getting it then. I was already on the fence and was waiting to see if Kmart would have a sweet deal. Pretty disappointed.

Any clue on what the 3DS deal is? I'm still on the fence but a solid deal from Kmart would push me over :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well, there goes me even considering getting it then. I was already on the fence and was waiting to see if Kmart would have a sweet deal. Pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

This is the situation I'm in, but for DA2 rather than Crysis. I was more looking forward to the PSN card deal than the game, the latter of which I had been figuring I'd hold off on until a complete edition exists.

However, Josh did suggest that he'd run a promotion of some kind when the PC versions do finally arrive. If it's not the point cards, though, I probably won't go for it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Any clue on what the 3DS deal? I'm still on the fence but a solid deal from Kmart would push me over :)[/QUOTE]

I am also curious. Haven't heard anything specific yet. Maybe this Thursday?

Went with a friend to pick up his copies of black and white and we had all kinds of trouble getting the deal to ring through, we had to pull up the blog on his phone so the manager would honor the deal. Neither the manager nor the associate had ever heard of their kmart blog. This is the first time Ive had an issue getting a deal at my local store, but we got it sorted out and got his games.

Pokemon were not on the shelf this morning at 8am. Associate went to the back for a very long time to try and locate the games. I was almost convinced that I was pre-ordering elsewhere from now on to guarantee me a copy of games I want on release day buy she finally came out with a box in hand and luckily the games rang up as expected with no problem.

So update. I went to work a little early to pick up both copies of Pokemon and the girl said she didn't get any in and people have been calling about it. So after work I ask my friend who worked electronics at the time about it and we both went to the back and search and there were no games. We did actually find the bundles though. Had 3 or 4 of them. So we call the Kmart 5 miles from us and they take my name down and say they will hold onto them for me. I go to the Kmart and the lady can't even speak English very well (I think she was Russian) and told me they had the system with games. I said I wanted the games but she kept insisting they had the bundle before finally understanding what I was saying and told me they had the games too. She tells me she forgot to hold onto them for me. I tell her no biggie and when she checks me out she asks me if I have my "thingy". I tell her you mean my rewards card? She says yeah the whatever card. She's been there for at least a year I know because I went to that Kmart before and saw her there. In the end I got my games but wow something was wrong with the shipment of my store and the employee of the other.

Just for future knowledge, I'm looking in the fine print on redeeming SYWR points and it mentions that purchases that you redeem points on aren't eligible for earning points. Can anyone confirm or rebut this? For example, say you purchased game A and earned 20,000 points. At a later date you go in to purchase game B which is offering 10,000 points. The fine print sort of reads that if you redeem your 20,000 on game B, you won't get the 10,000 points offer on game B. Anyone?

The ad shows You Don't Know Jack for wii on sale for $20, but the updated OP for this week doesn't mention it. Does anyone know if the ps3 version is on sale too?

Just got back from K-Mart with the black DSi bundle and a copy of HeartGold. The transaction went completely smoothly and there were even tags out telling people about the various Pokemon promotions.

[quote name='donbaloo']Just for future knowledge, I'm looking in the fine print on redeeming SYWR points and it mentions that purchases that you redeem points on aren't eligible for earning points. Can anyone confirm or rebut this? For example, say you purchased game A and earned 20,000 points. At a later date you go in to purchase game B which is offering 10,000 points. The fine print sort of reads that if you redeem your 20,000 on game B, you won't get the 10,000 points offer on game B. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

It means you don't get points for the points you use that take place of money. So let's say game A costs $60 and comes with $20 worth of rewards. You give them $60 cash or pay for it with your debit/CC and you get 600 points. You then buy game B that also costs $60 and comes with $10 worth of rewards, but you use your $20 worth of rewards, meaning the game costs $40. You only get 400 points since you only spent $40, but you still get the $10 in rewards.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It means you don't get points for the points you use that take place of money. So let's say game A costs $60 and comes with $20 worth of rewards. You give them $60 cash or pay for it with your debit/CC and you get 600 points. You then buy game B that also costs $60 and comes with $10 worth of rewards, but you use your $20 worth of rewards, meaning the game costs $40. You only get 400 points since you only spent $40, but you still get the $10 in rewards.[/QUOTE]
Makes perfect sense, thanks for clarifying Saix.

[quote name='MSUHitman']SHC said on Friday that for some internal reason, KMart would not be stocking PC games this month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spree4567']A page or two back Josh stated that they had an error getting the PC version of Crysis and some other new releases ordered for the stores so they won't have them until a bit later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well, there goes me even considering getting it then. I was already on the fence and was waiting to see if Kmart would have a sweet deal. Pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

This also kills my buying Dragon Age 2 on PC. PC is, I (sadly) learned, the only way to play a game like Dragon Age.

The K-mart (store number 3423) didn't ring up the Pokemon Black and Pokemon White deal. I told her about the K-mart blog and she told me if it's not in the ad then she can not honor it. She said it was showing a buy one get one, but it wasn't going through. I wish Circuit City was still open because the customer service was horrible, I waited around for 30 minutes until an associate showed up. I pushed the call service button three times and no one showed up. If you can fix the buy one get one deal, I would appreciate it.

[quote name='ProphetZero'] I tell her no biggie and when she checks me out she asks me if I have my "thingy". [/QUOTE]
Should have just whipped it out:hot:

No trouble at all getting my copies of Pokemon at the Latham, NY store around 9:30 this morning. They were in the case behind the glass (around 10 Black, 7 White). Cashier was very friendly -- asked for my phone number (don't have my card yet) and he pulled up my account to make sure my points would be awarded. Sale price rang up with no problem, very smooth experience :)

[quote name='donbaloo']Just for future knowledge, I'm looking in the fine print on redeeming SYWR points and it mentions that purchases that you redeem points on aren't eligible for earning points. Can anyone confirm or rebut this? For example, say you purchased game A and earned 20,000 points. At a later date you go in to purchase game B which is offering 10,000 points. The fine print sort of reads that if you redeem your 20,000 on game B, you won't get the 10,000 points offer on game B. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I bought Killzone with points and received the 20,000 bonus points from Killzone.

I was on here a little while back and saw someone had posted castlevania los limited edition was marked down at kmart for either $19.99 or $29.99. I went back through 11 pages of post and could not find it so can anyone confirm this. I was in kmart today and see they still have a limited edition copy for the ps3 and was just wondering if it will ring up for the cheaper price. My store has had a copy from the first day and seems no one around here are interested in limited edtions because they still have tons of epic mickey, goldeneye, even a assasins creed brotherhood collectors edition which has been there since release.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I was on here a little while back and saw someone had posted castlevania los limited edition was marked down at kmart for either $19.99 or $29.99. I went back through 11 pages of post and could not find it so can anyone confirm this.[/QUOTE]
Under the clearance drop list for PS3, the Castlevania LoS LE is listed for $29.99.

I just realized that even though I wasn't really looking for them, I didn't actually see the DSi bundles in the case at all. Normally, knowing that it's Kmart, I wouldn't really think that was odd, but the Pokemon games were in the case. Come to think of it, I don't think there was a single DS system in the case.

I think the worst thing I've had to deal with in every trip to Kmart was the asshole and idiot customers today. One guy asking the electronics employee working (severely understaffed, I might add. Even the electronics manager and the store manager were there like 5 times to help) when he could "get some damn help" was a bit uncalled for, especially since I had been there before him and she was in the middle of ringing me up.
Then another asking the same cashier (while I'm still being rung up) for help with the TVs, and then coming back angry about 30 seconds later because the $230 TV in the weekly ad wasn't a 32" TV like it was the cashier's fault.

I would swear that the main reason I've never had problems with these deals is because I'm extremely nice to the poor people stuck working. The key is going in and not expecting things to work, being polite to the cashiers (strike up a conversation, if there's no one there), and thanking them for everything when you're done really helps a lot. It doesn't magically fix things if the register isn't spitting out the discount of course, but it makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to have a decent experience.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I was on here a little while back and saw someone had posted castlevania los limited edition was marked down at kmart for either $19.99 or $29.99. I went back through 11 pages of post and could not find it so can anyone confirm this. I was in kmart today and see they still have a limited edition copy for the ps3 and was just wondering if it will ring up for the cheaper price. My store has had a copy from the first day and seems no one around here are interested in limited edtions because they still have tons of epic mickey, goldeneye, even a assasins creed brotherhood collectors edition which has been there since release.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287808

You know what's cool about these DSi bundles? They're not special to Club Nintendo so you get the coins for the DSi and for Pokemon Black, which also means you get the 10 bonus coins if you register by April 5th, wooo!

Thanks for the info and posting the link to the original post I had read on the LOS limited edition. Was in kmart tonight and saw they still had that limited edition ps3 version of the game tucked back in the bottom far back of the case on edge with no price visible that I had seen the week it released. No one was working back there so I picked up a few things and figured I'd stop back by electronics before leaving. When I returned back there an employee was helping these folks get their kids some games out of the case so while he was in there I asked the price and he said $69.99 or $79.99 without getting it out. The employee who told me that was the same one who got me mad 3 or 4 months back when I was buying a couple of games a week and I asked the price of a game and he said he didn't know and walked off and I vowed not to return. I couldn't believe he was still there with his attitude so he must be managers son or something because he has no doubt cost the store lots of money. I swear the kid avoids people and questions like they were the plague. The other employees are outstanding and very helpful but my timing always sucks and only longface is there so I leave.

Do you guys think I should pick up Yakuza 4 on Tuesday morning before work, or do you think there will be enough for me to pick it up after work on Tuesday?

[quote name='mook8515']Do you guys think I should pick up Yakuza 4 on Tuesday morning before work, or do you think there will be enough for me to pick it up after work on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Yakuza releases on the 15th, not the 8th. Assuming you meant the 15th, you should be fine waiting.. if you have time, though, swing by and pick it up.

[quote name='Tallus']Picked up Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $25 on Xbox at my local K-Mart. It's $47 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
I wish these sales were posted online on the Kmart website as well.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wish these sales were posted online on the Kmart website as well.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

It sucks having to leave your house, huh?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It sucks having to leave your house, huh?[/QUOTE]
No. It's just that I've been spoiled by online sites matching many of these deals and I have credit with at least a few of them still. So if I could get away w/o spending real cash again I'd love the chance to get them to PM easier, which would be facilitated by these deals being online as well as in stores.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. It's just that I've been spoiled by online sites matching many of these deals and I have credit with at least a few of them still. So if I could get away w/o spending real cash again I'd love the chance to get them to PM easier, which would be facilitated by these deals being online as well as in stores.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Click the link on the Amazon listing for reporting a better price and hopefully they'll match.

Picked up Yakuza 3 for $14.99. I know there is a deal going on for Yakuza 4 but I don't plan on buying the game anytime soon until it drops to $30 or lower.

[quote name='Tallus']Picked up Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $25 on Xbox at my local K-Mart. It's $47 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
Can someone refer me to where exactly it shows DAUE for $25? I'm trying to pick up one for the PS3, but occasionally I run into some resistance from some of those sales reps.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back