Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't these deals get passed on the employees of Kmart at some point? It's beyond frustrating to have to deal with them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have about 60 (not too bad) from Thur. Fri and yesterday that I will try and catch up on tonight. Thanks![/QUOTE]Josh, I'll reiterate that you can ignore the GC issue reminder email I sent you on Friday around 12:30pm--I got the GC in the mail yesterday. :D

[quote name='breakin2']Shouldn't these deals get passed on the employees of Kmart at some point? It's beyond frustrating to have to deal with them.[/QUOTE]

Everything's automatic now, whether or not the employee knows of the deal is almost irrelevant at this point. The only thing we rely on them for is to stock things.. and they have a hard enough time doing that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The online inventory check is in about 600 stores. I'm working on a pre-order solution, may be a bit different but I think it will work.[/QUOTE]

Is the online inventory check on kmart.com? I've tried using it, but it doesn't show all the games that Kmart sells. If there is a different way to check store inventory online, please let us know!

[quote name='breakin2']Shouldn't these deals get passed on the employees of Kmart at some point? It's beyond frustrating to have to deal with them.[/QUOTE]

I like them being unadvertised. My stores sell out of most of the good deals already... last thing i need is more competition :p.

Seriously though why does it matter? Target and walmart employees only know whats on sale if they look for it themselves.... this is no different.

The frustrating thing for me is that they are. An email is sent to all stores the Thur. before each week detailing everything that is in the blog and on sale. Signage is also created for each store.

Hey Josh, you probably can't say yet but will the 3ds games deal require you to purchase the system from kmart also. I traded in my dsi so I'm kind of locked to amazon for my system purchase

I've been following the horrible disasters in japan - a real tragedy and my mind just reels at the loss of life and how hard the rebuilding/cleanup effort is going to be - CAGs should seriously consider donating to the red cross or another organization helping to make it right.

That said has nintendo communicated if this is going to affect future 3DS allocations? They probably have all the launch units in USA already but is there any indication that weeks after will be delayed? Im probably not getting one at launch but soon after.

Super Mario All Stars was stocked at my Kmart today. I had a copy from the original release and the packaging looked exactly the same. I know their is no offer on this title but I picked up two and got 2,399 bonus points ($2.39). I'm guessing their is x4 multiplier active for my account. The only way I could explain it

So anyone paying attention should now know what the 3DS deal is. Cool. What's even better about getting it at Kmart though is that you should be able to go in on Sunday March 27th and get it day one. That won't be the case if you order from Amazon.

Also to whoever was posting about no tax at Amazon, you're legally obligated to pay the tax regardless. If Amazon doesnt charge you tax upfront then you're supposed to be paying a use tax which is normally the same as the state sales tax. I know most people don't pay it, but that's just in case someone doesn't know the law.

Basically if you don't pay it and you get audited, you're screwed.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So anyone paying attention should now know what the 3DS deal is. Cool. What's even better about getting it at Kmart though is that you should be able to go in on Sunday March 27th and get it day one. That won't be the case if you order from Amazon.

Also to whoever was posting about no tax at Amazon, you're legally obligated to pay the tax regardless. If Amazon doesnt charge you tax upfront then you're supposed to be paying a use tax which is normally the same as the state sales tax. I know most people don't pay it, but that's just in case someone doesn't know the law.

Basically if you don't pay it and you get audited, you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be deal is $25 < x

[quote name='jer7583']I've been following the horrible disasters in japan - a real tragedy and my mind just reels at the loss of life and how hard the rebuilding/cleanup effort is going to be - CAGs should seriously consider donating to the red cross or another organization helping to make it right.

That said has nintendo communicated if this is going to affect future 3DS allocations? They probably have all the launch units in USA already but is there any indication that weeks after will be delayed? Im probably not getting one at launch but soon after.[/QUOTE]

what concerns me is the effect this will have in future releases and hardware support for the 3ds. seriously couldn't have come at a worser time. not to mention the hundreds of other companies that have stock merchandise and companies in japan.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So anyone paying attention should now know what the 3DS deal is. Cool. What's even better about getting it at Kmart though is that you should be able to go in on Sunday March 27th and get it day one. That won't be the case if you order from Amazon.

Basically if you don't pay it and you get audited, you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest here. I would say less then 10% (and that is being generous) file the use tax and less then 1% (still being generous) of those get audited.

Yes I'm sure some do pay the use tax (good for them) but they are certainly the exception to the rule.

And why everyone getting kickbacks for claiming kids that aren't theirs and other bogus loopholes I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry

[quote name='medetron']what concerns me is the effect this will have in future releases and hardware support for the 3ds. seriously couldn't have come at a worser time. not to mention the hundreds of other companies that have stock merchandise and companies in japan.[/QUOTE]

Way to put it in perspective. /sarcasm

[quote name='bickle']Way to put it in perspective. /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

What, you mean our video games are more important than human lives? /sarcasm

To be fair, I don't think the other guy meant to take away from Japan's human struggle.

[quote name='GBAstar']Let's be honest here. I would say less then 10% (and that is being generous) file the use tax and less then 1% (still being generous) of those get audited.

Yes I'm sure some do pay the use tax (good for them) but they are certainly the exception to the rule.

And why everyone getting kickbacks for claiming kids that aren't theirs and other bogus loopholes I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to be coming after anybody for failing to pay sales tax on a few video games from Amazon. They're looking for the people buying cars, boats and other high ticket items.

Anyway, Illinois just passed a law where online retailers now have to charge the state's sales tax on every order. Other states probably aren't far behind...

[quote name='Killbomb']They aren't going to be coming after anybody for failing to pay sales tax on a few video games from Amazon. They're looking for the people buying cars, boats and other high ticket items.

Anyway, Illinois just passed a law where online retailers now have to charge the state's sales tax on every order. Other states probably aren't far behind...[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it has taken this long, why have a use tax if you could just do what other states have done by requiring tax to be paid. I would guess that the 10% that was generously stated is more like .0005%. :)

MY PERTINENT QUESTION - - -

Will there be a deal for DW7? Amazon doesn't appear to be having one, I know that it isn't looked at as a big mover necessarily, but whoever offers me anything on it will be the retailer I'll go with.

Thanks.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I can't believe it has taken this long, why have a use tax if you could just do what other states have done by requiring tax to be paid. I would guess that the 10% that was generously stated is more like .0005%. :)

MY PERTINENT QUESTION - - -

Will there be a deal for DW7? Amazon doesn't appear to be having one, I know that it isn't looked at as a big mover necessarily, but whoever offers me anything on it will be the retailer I'll go with.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will be carrying DW7 and it will be $10 off at launch. I'll ad it to the OP.[/QUOTE]

Josh posted this a few weeks ago, but there's another post regarding him checking with Stockboy tomorrow before confirming. There should be something in the works at least....*knocks on wood*

Do you need to be a SYWR member to get the Yakuza 4 w/ Yakuza 3 for free deal, i don't really care about the points i just want Yakuza 3 for free

[quote name='shockandaww']so anyone paying attention should now know what the 3ds deal is. Cool. What's even better about getting it at kmart though is that you should be able to go in on sunday march 27th and get it day one. That won't be the case if you order from amazon.

Also to whoever was posting about no tax at amazon, you're legally obligated to pay the tax regardless. If amazon doesnt charge you tax upfront then you're supposed to be paying a use tax which is normally the same as the state sales tax. I know most people don't pay it, but that's just in case someone doesn't know the law.

Basically if you don't pay it and you get audited, you're screwed.[/quote]

you're fuckckn kidding right?!?!?!?!

[quote name='Killbomb']Anyway, Illinois just passed a law where online retailers now have to charge the state's sales tax on every order. Other states probably aren't far behind...[/QUOTE]

Well it's not going to happen though I don't believe since Amazon is dropping it's affiliates in IL. From my understanding it goes like this: IL says Amazon has a physical presence in the state based on the fact that Amazon has affiliates in IL. So, Amazon is now going to drop those affiliates so they can say there is no physical presence (a "nexus") in the state, to avoid having to charge tax.

If thats not how it goes someone please clarify.

Hi guys, I have a question. I already read the FAQ and the whole first page, but still confused. I already registered for SYWR member several days ago for Yakuza 4 and future deals. For getting the 10000 points and Yakuza 3 free, what am I supposed to do? Just come to the store, grab the game, and show my member ID? Or do I wait for a coupon? I already preordered this from Amazon, but would like to get it from kmart. thanks

You bring both games to the register and give them your card (or number) to scan. The specifics of the promotion will (should) occur automatically. Your cashier looks at you in a puzzled way and you put on sunglasses and flash a big smile.

[quote name='Kuroknight27']Im kinda confused, can i just get Yakuza 4 w/ Yakuza 3 for free with out being a SYWR member[/QUOTE]

Probably, but then you would miss out on another $10 in rewards. Why would you not want an extra $10?

For fuck's sake. Not the tax debate again.

[quote name='DPsycho']You bring both games to the register and give them your card (or number) to scan. The specifics of the promotion will (should) occur automatically. Your cashier looks at you in a puzzled way and you put on sunglasses and flash a big smile.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot man. now i'm going to cancel my amazon's preorder

[quote name='DPsycho']You bring both games to the register and give them your card (or number) to scan. The specifics of the promotion will (should) occur automatically. Your cashier looks at you in a puzzled way and you put on sunglasses and flash a big smile.[/QUOTE]

I signed up a few weeks ago, but the card hasn't arrived at my place yet. Do I need my card to followup the deal?

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Josh posted this a few weeks ago, but there's another post regarding him checking with Stockboy tomorrow before confirming. There should be something in the works at least....*knocks on wood*[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, didn't see that in the OP, and I'm rarely in this thread lately. Appreciate it.

[quote name='joints77']I signed up a few weeks ago, but the card hasn't arrived at my place yet. Do I need my card to followup the deal?[/QUOTE]

well, they do tell you to write down the member number and use it until the card arrives. at least that's what i read after I registered.

[quote name='joints77']I signed up a few weeks ago, but the card hasn't arrived at my place yet. Do I need my card to followup the deal?[/QUOTE]

You don't need the card for anything really. As long as you have all of your registration info you're all set, they can look it up on phone #. If you want to redeem you'll need to set your PIN number online to do so without the card.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey all - I'm caught up on email. Starting the new week fresh![/QUOTE]

I never got a response to my e-mail and I sent it wednesday. Should I resend?

Going to double dip on the great Homefront deal this week. I've got $40 on my card screaming spend me big daddy whip me out!

Liked Mr Kmart on Facebook as well.

How is stock expected to be for the 3DS? If the stock will be good and the deal is good then I'll cancel my Amazon preorder for sure.

If there is a good deal on games then I'll just keep the preorder and get my games at Kmart.

[quote name='mook8515']Do you guys think I can wait until Tuesday night to get Yakuza 4 with Yakuza 3? I'm wondering how stock will be.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well... I went ahead and traded my original launch copy of Yakuza 3 on Goozex trying to get ahead of the curve so to speak (and to get 800 points!)

Maybe Josh can secure couple of boxes of Yakuza 3 in case of stock depletions at various locations to mail out to 'affected' customers? Here's hoping no one misses out on the deal *knocks on wood*

I plan on picking up Homefront at Kmart, but I can't seem to find that deal posted anywhere at Kmart Gamer, or on their twitter. I'm just curious about where it is advertised.

[quote name='mook8515']Do you guys think I can wait until Tuesday night to get Yakuza 4 with Yakuza 3? I'm wondering how stock will be.[/QUOTE]

After playing the Yakuza 4 demo first time I have ever played this game I think i'll pass not my cup of tea.

[quote name='Rodster']After playing the Yakuza 4 demo first time I have ever played this game I think i'll pass not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, the demo is really not a good representation of how Yakuza 4 plays. While you certainly do fight in the game, there is so much more to it than that. If you are at all interested anymore, I'd recommend looking into it a little deeper. The demo is misleading.

[quote name='Rodster']After playing the Yakuza 4 demo first time I have ever played this game I think i'll pass not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I played the Yakuza 3 demo and thought it was terrible. I thought maybe I missed out on something after reading all the hype for 4, so I tried out 4's demo. Not my thing at all.

[quote name='kyleh84']I plan on picking up Homefront at Kmart, but I can't seem to find that deal posted anywhere at Kmart Gamer, or on their twitter. I'm just curious about where it is advertised.[/QUOTE]

This thread is the best source.

[quote name='bickle']This thread is the best source.[/QUOTE]

So I should just show up at Kmart on release day with my SYWR card and expect them to honor the promotion? (that sounds like I am being a jerk, but I am not trying to)

[quote name='kyleh84']So I should just show up at Kmart on release day with my SYWR card and expect them to honor the promotion? (that sounds like I am being a jerk, but I am not trying to)[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back