Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wish I had seen this when they were doing the $15 coupon for $40+ worth of games..
http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/5off50.EYEY.pdf

Could have saved some money.

It's on the main page of kmart.com[/QUOTE]

:headache:Argh...If I had only known about this coupon. I so would have jumped on the Move deal (Move Controller+Navigation Controller = Free Sharpshooter) that was running at the same with the $40+ worth of games. Would have used the coupon twice.

I spent $55 before taxes on video game related stuff during that week. ($45 on games and $10 on a video game accessory in one transaction, got the $15 gaming coupon though). :whistle2:(

[quote name='DomLando']If I use the $5 off coupon on Deus Ex, the gaming coupon for $20 will print out with no issues correct?[/QUOTE]

It should work. I went to 2 kmarts. 1 dude said it won't work and refused to even try but then I went another one and I didn't have any issues. Gave mt $20 coupon, paid the rest, and another $20 print out.

If u get a lazy ass, demand he take the coupon anyway. I can't imagine one kmart working and another one not.

I'm getting ansy. I want to consider BB's preorder 5 games get $100 credit (essentially $20 credit per game) but id rather not commit upfront and pray kmart matches.

So far, nothing. Promising he'll "try" for deals isn't enough. Could be talking out his ass just so people miss out on BB's promotion.

Kmart (josh), you have one week

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I'm getting ansy. I want to consider BB's preorder 5 games get $100 credit (essentially $20 credit per game) but id rather not commit upfront and pray kmart matches.

So far, nothing. Promising he'll "try" for deals isn't enough. Could be talking out his ass just so people miss out on BB's promotion.

Kmart (josh), you have one week[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is any doubt Josh will come through with some killer deals.

Will he be able to beat Best Buy? He'll be close but if you play the system Best Buy will probably come out on top.

If you plan on buying more than 5 games like myself the best deal will be to get 5 from Best Buy and the rest from either Kmart or Amazon or a black friday sale.

But to talk to Josh like that and with that tone after all the hard work he has done to try and create great deals... you sir should be flogged and beaten. :boxing:

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I'm getting ansy. I want to consider BB's preorder 5 games get $100 credit (essentially $20 credit per game) but id rather not commit upfront and pray kmart matches.

Which games are you considering? We'll run a $20 gaming coupon with pretty much every single AAA release. And that's the lowest we will go. We are planning out some $25+ gaming coupon promotions as well as some bonus points cards offers like $20 gaming coupon + 1/2 off points.

The best buy deal is pretty good but you can count on us to run nothing less than a $20 gaming coupon on top holiday games and we'll put them on sale as soon as possible (or even earlier like we had Zelda OOT for 3DS on sale this week despite it being MAP'd).

It would be a smart move for Kmart to not put any games on sale within 30 days of their release in order to avoid people planning to price match with the BB deal.... whoops

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wish I had seen this when they were doing the $15 coupon for $40+ worth of games..
http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/5off50.EYEY.pdf

Could have saved some money.

It's on the main page of kmart.com[/QUOTE]

note that it says it must be a $50 purchase before taxes and after other discounts have been applied. Using a $10 or $20 coupon should not work with this $5 off $50 on one $59.99 game because the total would be under $50.

Not a bad jumpstart into the coupon train if you don't have any other coupons though.

Hmm I was going to get Deus Ex at Amazon (sorry) but the $5 off $50 convinces me. Plus now I can wait for more reviews to make sure it's something I'm actually going to take the time to play.

At this point, if there were only five games coming out this holiday season, I'd probably consider the Best Buy deal. There's just too many games coming out, I'd rater take my time to figure out what I'll actually want the most, and then sort the rest later, IATCG-style. Just kidding.

Well, I'll just let the track record speak for itself as far as speaking out of my ass goes. Me not confirming a deal has absolutely nothing to do with Best Buy.

I will not confirm an offer until 1) A deal is fully approved internally 2) I am not risk at of an early match from Amazon and Best Buy

The lowest offer I have put on a next gen release is a 15 coupon, every big game has received a twenty or more.

If that is not good enough that's cool, do what you feel will serve you the best! I won't be confirming the holiday in a week, there are things we are working on that would be put at extreme risk to even forecast.

Comments like these are why I fucking despised working in customer service.

[quote name='TraBuch']Comments like these are why I fucking despised working in customer service.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was thinking that comments like that would be why message boards have ignore features.

SI

Josh,

Just out of curiosity has Amazon or Best Buy ever matched a deal of yours prior to release? I know you are concerned about it just don't ever recollect it happening before.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh,

Just out of curiosity has Amazon or Best Buy ever matched a deal of yours prior to release? I know you are concerned about it just don't ever recollect it happening before.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Best Buy but Amazon regularly matches K-Mart deals.

If I didn't already have R2, I would probably just get the bundle from K-mart, as I'm REALLY tired of waiting on amazon to ship it.

[quote name='sadboy']At this point, if there were only five games coming out this holiday season, I'd probably consider the Best Buy deal. There's just too many games coming out, I'd rater take my time to figure out what I'll actually want the most, and then sort the rest later, IATCG-style. Just kidding.[/QUOTE]
Only two games I was actually considering for the rest of this year were Uncharted 3 and maybe Bad Company 3. But I never finished BFBC2 before I traded it in and I have NO desire to play the online for UC3 nor am I chomping at the bit to see the third chapter in the trilogy at release or near it.

If anything, I may just stalk the Redbox machines and hope to snag both games for a quick 1-2 day play for $2-4 rather than even waste $20-30 later on down the line on them.:booty:

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh,

Just out of curiosity has Amazon or Best Buy ever matched a deal of yours prior to release? I know you are concerned about it just don't ever recollect it happening before.[/QUOTE]
For Amazon this year alone they matched my 3DS, Killzone 3, Bulletstorm and they tried very hard on LA Noire just to name a few.

Best Buy would but I have a pretty good estimation on their lead times for printing their circular.

Regardless, based on internal approvals alone I usually don't get them approved until closer to release.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']K-Mart, you have 30 seconds to get a Disgaea 4 deal going OR ELSE!!![/QUOTE]

"Maniac has responded with a scornful remark."
"Approach, and repeat ultimatum in an even firmer tone of voice. Add the words, 'or else'. "

SI

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only two games I was actually considering for the rest of this year were Uncharted 3 and maybe Bad Company 3. But I never finished BFBC2 before I traded it in and I have NO desire to play the online for UC3 nor am I chomping at the bit to see the third chapter in the trilogy at release or near it.

If anything, I may just stalk the Redbox machines and hope to snag both games for a quick 1-2 day play for $2-4 rather than even waste $20-30 later on down the line on them.:booty:[/QUOTE]

It's Battlefield 3, not BFBC2. That is a game you dont' buy for the campaign anyway, the campaign kind of sucked. So what's the point of even wasting a rental on it? You buy a game like that for the online play, and the earlier you get started the better. Plus with Redbox you probably end up missing a bunch of maps since you wouldn't even have the OnlinePass. I put 500 hours into BC2 so Battlefield 3 is a no brainer for me to buy on day 1. Just hope KMART does some massive deal on it (at least as good as Crysis 2 and Dragon Age Deals which involved points cards).

I could see Uncharted 3 being a rental because I hardly played multiplayer there at all. But I hate forcing myself to play a campaign over a single weekend, let alone Redbox which charges you by the day. And that's even assuming I didn't even want to give multiplayer *ANY* attention. I'm sure I played Uncharted 2 mutliplayer at least 20 hours worth even though I never really got into it, and then another 20+ hours for two plays of the campaign. Guess what, I probably want to go ahead and play it a 3rd time on crushing to finally platinum it. So again a rental is just a waste of time to me since I know between single play and multiplayer I'd probably want to put at least 50 hours into the game. For me all it would be doing is adding $5-10 to the future cost of the something which I know I want to buy inevitably. For me those redbox's are a good way to play a game like Transformers: Dark of the Moon or Duke Nukem where you can blow through them in a day and never want to look at them again. Not so much for something like Battlefield 3. :wall:

[quote name='Agent Orange']It's Battlefield 3, not BFBC2. That is a game you dont' buy for the campaign anyway, the campaign kind of sucked. So what's the point of even wasting a rental on it? You buy a game like that for the online play, and the earlier you get started the better. Plus with Redbox you probably end up missing a bunch of maps since you wouldn't even have the OnlinePass. I put 500 hours into BC2 so Battlefield 3 is a no brainer for me to buy on day 1. Just hope KMART does some massive deal on it (at least as good as Crysis 2 and Dragon Age Deals which involved points cards).

I could see Uncharted 3 being a rental because I hardly played multiplayer there at all. But I hate forcing myself to play a campaign over a single weekend, let alone Redbox which charges you by the day. And that's even assuming I didn't even want to give multiplayer *ANY* attention. I'm sure I played Uncharted 2 mutliplayer at least 20 hours worth even though I never really got into it, and then another 20+ hours for two plays of the campaign. Guess what, I probably want to go ahead and play it a 3rd time on crushing to finally platinum it. So again a rental is just a waste of time to me since I know between single play and multiplayer I'd probably want to put at least 50 hours into the game. For me all it would be doing is adding $5-10 to the future cost of the something which I know I want to buy inevitably. For me those redbox's are a good way to play a game like Transformers: Dark of the Moon or Duke Nukem where you can blow through them in a day and never want to look at them again. Not so much for something like Battlefield 3. :wall:[/QUOTE]
But see, that's where we differ. I HATE shooting games where people play the mp all serious and are actually in it to get the best score/rank/whatever. I play for fun and to fuck around.

As for buying a game solely for the online play, that is the LAST reason for me to buy a game. I typically buy games with interesting storylines(Catherine) or shit that if I do go into the mp I can just muck around in the game world without a time limit(GTA).

Besides which, fuck EA and all of the companies doing the 'pay to play if you buy used' bullshit. If companies want people to buy their games new and not used, then they need to make them interesting and different enough that people will be intrigued and want to buy new and NOT trade it in after they beat it because there's enough content on the disc already to make another playthrough fun and rewarding.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, that's where we differ. I HATE shooting games where people play the mp all serious and are actually in it to get the best score/rank/whatever. I play for fun and to fuck around.

As for buying a game solely for the online play, that is the LAST reason for me to buy a game. I typically buy games with interesting storylines(Catherine) or shit that if I do go into the mp I can just muck around in the game world without a time limit(GTA).

Besides which, fuck EA and all of the companies doing the 'pay to play if you buy used' bullshit. If companies want people to buy their games new and not used, then they need to make them interesting and different enough that people will be intrigued and want to buy new and NOT trade it in after they beat it because there's enough content on the disc already to make another playthrough fun and rewarding.[/QUOTE]

u r mistaken tho, BF3 is not a sequel to BFBC2 but BF2. of course, i dont know the story behind that either, which like everything else, is something u have to judge for urself. and hah! u act as if having enough content would be enough to make ppl buy new. i'm pretty sure many ppl bought games like fallout used and tbh, that game has more than enough to warrant the 60, borderlands too

how much is deus ex augmented again? 80? so that means 75 after that coupon? even wit some financial issues... i'm considerin it... only wish i had a coupon to use =/ had two this summer that i had to blow on some stuff i dont need but could use :( that would be awesome

I don't play online either, mainly due to my erratic playing habits/behavior. I might play something for awhile, and then never again. I like games with good campaigns that I can skip and resume at my leisure.

(ansily gives Josh five months to get whatever that guy wanted done!)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, that's where we differ. I HATE shooting games where people play the mp all serious and are actually in it to get the best score/rank/whatever. I play for fun and to fuck around.

Besides which, fuck EA and all of the companies doing the 'pay to play if you buy used' bullshit. If companies want people to buy their games new and not used, then they need to make them interesting and different enough that people will be intrigued and want to buy new and NOT trade it in after they beat it because there's enough content on the disc already to make another playthrough fun and rewarding.[/QUOTE]

Cool story. But if you go to a redbox, blow through the campaign in 1 day, and never touch the multiplayer or co-op, then you never really even played the game. The same would apply to MW3.

I don't like the trend that all games are done with multiplayer modes, it often seems completely unnecessary to me as well. But you're talking Battlefield here!!!. This game could easily be done with no campaign at all. Not playing multiplayer = not playing the game.

[quote name='sterlingice']"Maniac has responded with a scornful remark."
"Approach, and repeat ultimatum in an even firmer tone of voice. Add the words, 'or else'. "

SI[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']u r mistaken tho, BF3 is not a sequel to BFBC2 but BF2. of course, i dont know the story behind that either, which like everything else, is something u have to judge for urself. and hah! u act as if having enough content would be enough to make ppl buy new. i'm pretty sure many ppl bought games like fallout used and tbh, that game has more than enough to warrant the 60, borderlands too

how much is deus ex augmented again? 80? so that means 75 after that coupon? even wit some financial issues... i'm considerin it... only wish i had a coupon to use =/ had two this summer that i had to blow on some stuff i dont need but could use :( that would be awesome[/QUOTE]
If not for insane used prices on FO NV early on in the game's lifecycle, I would likely have NEVER bought it. But that game dropped pretty quickly(like DNF).

As for Borderlands, I had the original(and hated it), yet I bought the GOTY edition for $8 from Target on clearance. For $5-8 I'm willing to give a game a fair shake new, but if I pay $50-60 and I HATE the game then that's money wasted to me.

But yeah, people will continue to buy used until game companies lock out the single player experience unless you buy new. Once that happens, then I guess it's strictly clearance bin gaming for me, though I do that 60-90% of the time NOW.;)

[quote name='Agent Orange']Cool story. But if you go to a redbox, blow through the campaign in 1 day, and never touch the multiplayer or co-op, then you never really even played the game. The same would apply to MW3.

I don't like the trend that all games are done with multiplayer modes, it often seems completely unnecessary to me as well. But you're talking Battlefield here!!!. This game could easily be done with no campaign at all. Not playing multiplayer = not playing the game.[/QUOTE]
I actually thought it was Bad Company 3 and not just Battlefield 3. I'm so burnt out on shooters from having played stuff from the original Doom on up to the original Resistance.

Only shooter I've really liked in the last 5 years has been the original Bioshock. Why? You don't always have to use your gun to kill enemies, as you can use your plasmids and/or combine those with the environment to get kills(aka electric plasmid and pool of water to electrocute enemies).

Yet I still cannot bring myself to play Bioshock 2 that I've had the LE of for almost a year now.:whistle2:#

I hate to say it, but I'm tired of playing the 'good guys/heroes' in these games.:booty:That's a BIG part of it.

Of course, if someone made a WWII shooter where you could play as the Italians/Russians or....dare I say it...the Nazis, then you would have every veteran's group on the face of the Earth protesting and decrying it.

Hmm...maybe I should try that $5 off coupon and my $15 gaming coupon on the Sharpshooter/Socom 4 deal. Probably won't work, knowing my luck. Would come out to about $39.98 plus tax. Hopefully, there will be a deal with the Move controller and Navigation controller again soon. Would rather like to have Killzone 3 be on sale for $39.99 instead of Socom 4.

Edit: I have a feeling my calculation is wrong on the Socom 4/Sharpshooter deal. Socom 4 will $39.99 on sale and the Sharpshooter costs $39.99, save $20 when bought together. $59.98 before taxes. Throw in my two coupons ($15 gaming coupon and the $5 off coupon) and the total should be $39.98 plus sales tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SPVietBoy']how much is deus ex augmented again? 80? so that means 75 after that coupon? even wit some financial issues... i'm considerin it... only wish i had a coupon to use =/ had two this summer that i had to blow on some stuff i dont need but could use :( that would be awesome[/QUOTE]
It's $70, not $80.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If not for insane used prices on FO NV early on in the game's lifecycle, I would likely have NEVER bought it. But that game dropped pretty quickly(like DNF).

As for Borderlands, I had the original(and hated it), yet I bought the GOTY edition for $8 from Target on clearance. For $5-8 I'm willing to give a game a fair shake new, but if I pay $50-60 and I HATE the game then that's money wasted to me.

But yeah, people will continue to buy used until game companies lock out the single player experience unless you buy new. Once that happens, then I guess it's strictly clearance bin gaming for me, though I do that 60-90% of the time NOW.;)[/QUOTE]

well, thats u, my statement applies more to ppl who buy games not because of the price but because they want it XD

[quote name='Burning Karma']It's $70, not $80.[/QUOTE]

ahh cool, wasnt sure haha, makes it even better

Deus Ex trailor looks cool. Wondering if a person who liked Mass Effect 2 would like this game too? Friend wanted to know and I haven't really kept track of the game.

[quote name='Marauder7']Deus Ex trailor looks cool. Wondering if a person who liked Mass Effect 2 would like this game too? Friend wanted to know and I haven't really kept track of the game.[/QUOTE]

It's sorta like ME2, but with cyberpunk instead of sci-fi.

Nice. I would have never guessed correctly except I re-watched Demolition Man over the weekend.

[quote name='sterlingice']"Maniac has responded with a scornful remark."

SI[/QUOTE]

Josh, you have exactly one year to cure my cancer, or I'm going to Best Buy to have my cancer cured.
Don't screw this up or I'm never buying cancer from Kmart again.

In more serious posting, what are we to do on Tuesday morning if the 8x11s are not available when we go to buy Deus Ex? Something like "Oh we didn't get them." or "I don't know what picture you're talking about." or "I hate my job and my life, so fuck you if you think I'm going to help you with anything."
Drop you a line? Ask for a manager?

[quote name='unforeseen']Nice. I would have never guessed correctly except I re-watched Demolition Man over the weekend.[/QUOTE]
He doesn't know how to use the three seashells.

Deus Ex reviews are embargoed for tomorrow morning. Should see a flood of them by 9am west coast time.

Is deus ex shipped early to stores and street dated? hoping my first holiday 2011 coupon purchase doesn't run into the usual "we didn't get it" issues on tuesday, especially cause i'm hoping for an augmented edition and emailed stockboy.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']well, thats u, my statement applies more to ppl who buy games not because of the price but because they want it XD[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I'm not your average 'gotta have it at launch' type of gamer. I was a CAG before I even joined CAG and used to know which day to check every store for clearance drops.

If I've bought more than a handful of games over the past 6 years(since joining CAG) at full MSRP, whether with credit from flipping games or cash, then it's a miracle.

That's why RedBox starting to rent games is a godsend to me. Now I can try a game for a day or two for $2-4 and if I hate it I don't even have to finish it and I can write it off as crap and save $50+.

There's far too many Duke Nukems and Brinks coming out anymore and it's infuriating when you get a game that's a turd and you've paid $60 for it.

Hey Josh, just for your own peace of mind pretend these types of comments -- especially from a site newb -- are reps from one of your competitors trying to get you to quit your job in frustration.

ps -- who do i email if the wife and I had a terrible, non-gaming kmart experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back