Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm..well I was contemplating picking up hunted, but with the lack of reviews, I don't know anymore. Has anyone played it?

Picked up Civ V yesterday for $30. Hope there are more PC game deals on release coming up, like there are on the 360/PS3 versions (like Duke Nukem).

[quote name='bigsick']Hmm..well I was contemplating picking up hunted, but with the lack of reviews, I don't know anymore. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got it and it's fun. If you need an a fantasy-action type of fix then this is your game. I am just playing single-player, you don't need to play co-op.

I'm enjoying it so far, although I have only played it co-op. Lots of little hidden area's to find. Almost zero loot gathering, but I wasn't expecting a loot hunt. The RPG elements are also light, but you do get a choice in spells. Worth the price for me :) The controls remind me of gears of war.

My Kmart only had 1 PS3 copy and 2 Xbox 360 copies, so either they sold several copies or just didn't get very many.

[quote name='bigsick']Hmm..well I was contemplating picking up hunted, but with the lack of reviews, I don't know anymore. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Any chance Project Café will be on sale before 6/30? Otherwise, what a useless promo, regardless of how it's worded, LOL[/QUOTE]

Sega Saturn type launch? "We're here to announce Project Cafe is being released to stores next week!"

Only mentioning this because I thought Josh said we weren't getting it, but maybe he just said there wasn't going to be a deal on it... I don't remember. Sometimes I think I should follow this thread closer.

We got three cases of the Black Ops PS3 bundle today.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Hunted Coupon Update: I talked to the IT group that was supposed to load the promo...and everything was setup correctly but something wasn't sent in. They sent the coupon promo in this morning so hopefully it should be working later today or tomorrow. Luckily (or maybe unluckily) it doesn't seem like anyone is buying Hunted to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Hey Stock Boy, Is it safe to go buy today, or waiting til tomorrow?

[quote name='deletion']cant wait for infamous 2. gonna use up my 20GC and get another. so sweet. kmart ftw.[/QUOTE]

if ur talkin about using the 20 from infamous 2 to get another infamous, cant do that -- unless ur sayin u already have infamous (from say target or subway) and have a 20 gc

[quote name='JCDogg911']Hey Stock Boy, Is it safe to go buy today, or waiting til tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I would probably wait at least a day or two if you can. Whenever a fix is sent out it is contingent upon the registers being rebooted before it takes effect on that particular machine. While you would think this happens daily that may not always be the case so the more time you give it the chances of it working will increase tremendously.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']if ur talkin about using the 20 from infamous 2 to get another infamous, cant do that -- unless ur sayin u already have infamous (from say target or subway) and have a 20 gc[/QUOTE]

I read it as getting another $20 coupon, but I'm sure he'll correct one of us! :lol:

[quote name='SPVietBoy']if ur talkin about using the 20 from infamous 2 to get another infamous, cant do that -- unless ur sayin u already have infamous (from say target or subway) and have a 20 gc[/QUOTE]

i still got my GC from LA noire. i'll use it on infamous 2 and recieve another 20GC for the next game. which i dont know what i'll get next.

[quote name='deletion']i still got my GC from LA noire. i'll use it on infamous 2 and recieve another 20GC for the next game. which i dont know what i'll get next.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, wasnt sure, cuz u said "another infamous" so i guess u meant another from infamous lol. coupon train ftw? i still have like... $55 worth of coupons

edit: so chriscolbert, ur right lol --- i guess i misread and therefore, misunderstood

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will not be updating frequently this week for personal reasons. Thank you for your patience.
[/QUOTE]

Just happened to read this thread today, by chance.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I still have my parents so I haven't experienced what you're going through.

Josh, I obviously don't know your Dad either but I know about the character, dedication and kindness you have shown me and the other CAGers. And a lot of that comes from your parents being great role models. So I know your Dad was a great man. Truly a great loss.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Any chance Project Café will be on sale before 6/30? Otherwise, what a useless promo, regardless of how it's worded, LOL[/QUOTE]

You're either a troll or a completely and utter idiot. Not that there's a lot of differences between the two. It's a clever promotion that ties console purchase with game-rewards that are easy to get...it may get that late parent in or a college student to buy it and games at Kmart instead of Amazon, Best Buy..etc.

I like it, it doesn't help me at all but for non console owners it may be the difference on where to get one.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']oh, does anyone know what the Red Faction deal will be?[/QUOTE]

Given how difficult the L.A Noire free game was, expect it to be a coupon of some sort. The only difference may be amount, hard to say with Josh always proving me wrong :lol:

[quote name='murphyspub']So if I didn't get my Hunted coupon, who do I e-mail, with Josh being away from his duties?[/QUOTE]
info in post 2

I have a question for those who got the email offering if you buy a game system, get $5 off future games priced $49.99 or higher. What game systems are specifically mentioned for this deal, is it available for everyone or a select few who got the email, and what did Kmart say when you asked them about the expiration on the deal? Thanks.

[quote name='harveyiscool']I have a question for those who got the email offering if you buy a game system, get $5 off future games priced $49.99 or higher. What game systems are specifically mentioned for this deal, is it available for everyone or a select few who got the email, and what did Kmart say when you asked them about the expiration on the deal? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Select people only! If you didn't get the email, you are not eligible. Any such information I have not seen posted yet but I may have missed it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey Josh, do you happen to know if Nintendo planned a system bundle with Ocarina?[/QUOTE]

I think its really unlikely that they could keep it a secret for this long, but last years E3 was mindblowing as far as Nintendo surprises, so i'd love to be proven wrong.

This morning 2 bundles planned for Europe in october were uncovered though, for Splinter Cell and Driver Renegade iirc. Hopefully some actual nintendo bundles will hit around then too, i can't imagine why they would be pairing their system with games from the worst offender for shovelware and port dumping on their systems. Maybe Driver will be good, who knows, just seems like a shitty partner.

My condolences Josh.

To my fellow CAGr's, did we get confirmation on the pre-order bonuses for I2 (Reaper skin, cane etc...) that all the other stores are offering or is it just the $20? I read through the thread but didn't see any other reference.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Josh. My wife lost her father this past year and it is so hard to go through something like this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

[quote name='caponesgun']Given how difficult the L.A Noire free game was, expect it to be a coupon of some sort. The only difference may be amount, hard to say with Josh always proving me wrong :lol:[/QUOTE]
Red faction will be 39.99 the second week of launch

I'll post the entire month tomorrow. I'll need to get away from it all tomorrow, CAG will be some good therapy

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Red faction will be 39.99 the second week of launch

I'll post the entire month tomorrow. I'll need to get away from it all tomorrow, CAG will be some good therapy[/QUOTE]

We're here w/ open arms for your brother.

Red Faction for $40.. I love this series but man the reviews have been bad. Not super awful just every one is saying it's so unlike the first one and seems to throw away a lot of what made the first one great. Guess i'll wait on giant bomb's opinion.

I've bought every Red Faction game at launch, and the only one i dont regret is the first because there was nothing else on PS2 yet. I'm not falling for it again, they are mediocre at best.

[quote name='jer7583']Red Faction for $40.. I love this series but man the reviews have been bad. Not super awful just every one is saying it's so unlike the first one and seems to throw away a lot of what made the first one great. Guess i'll wait on giant bomb's opinion.[/QUOTE]

Technically Guerilla's open world is the odd man out of the Red Faction series. That having been said, I'm fairly certain Guerilla was the best selling game in the series as well.

The biggest problem with Armageddon though is that I can't take remote charges, throw half a dozen on a vehicle, drive it straight into a building, and blow it to kingdom come.

one of my favorite moments of any game ever is the mission in guerilla where you have to take down that 6-7 story building that has the executives meeting inside without them noticing.

It took me so many tries to finally get it just right where you saw all those little indicators of the executives blink off one by one and the entire thing come crumbling down.

I cannot understand what made volition think that what people wanted from the franchise was more action and shooting and less destruction puzzle gameplay. Everyone I know who played that game put it on Easy because the shooting and action was so awful that it took away from the fun stuff in the game.

I didn't like any of the other red faction games though so maybe this is more normal. Kinda want to find a cheap copy of guerilla to re-play.

[quote name='jer7583']one of my favorite moments of any game ever is the mission in guerilla where you have to take down that 6-7 story building that has the executives meeting inside without them noticing.

It took me so many tries to finally get it just right where you saw all those little indicators of the executives blink off one by one and the entire thing come crumbling down.

I cannot understand what made volition think that what people wanted from the franchise was more action and shooting and less destruction puzzle gameplay. Everyone I know who played that game put it on Easy because the shooting and action was so awful that it took away from the fun stuff in the game.

I didn't like any of the other red faction games though so maybe this is more normal. Kinda want to find a cheap copy of guerilla to re-play.[/QUOTE]

The original is going for less than $13 used on Amazon right now. I also decided I needed to revisit Guerilla and blow up some buildings.

Sorry for your loss Josh. You are so dedicated to CAG and providing superb video game deals. Best wishes to your family. BTW, are you going to miss E3 happening next week?

[quote name='jer7583']Red Faction for $40.. I love this series but man the reviews have been bad. Not super awful just every one is saying it's so unlike the first one and seems to throw away a lot of what made the first one great. Guess i'll wait on giant bomb's opinion.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call the reviews that I've seen so far "bad". Still probably going to wait until it's cheaper since the demo didn't do a whole lot for me. Would've been a definite day one buy if it was open world.

It's sad to hear that Armageddon is shitty, that magnet gun is so great! Needless to say, I'm not surprised at the terrible reviews. Making the game straight and narrow was a bad idea.

[quote name='sadboy']Here's a new review of Hunted: Demon's Forge by Eurogamer.net.
[/QUOTE]

Dang. Only thing that had me interested was the possibility of an awesome offline co-op experience. Not too many games like that anymore. Now all people you know need their own console. Tsk.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll: Cause everyone has a wii, xbox, and ps3 already right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='caponesgun']You're either a troll or a completely and utter idiot. Not that there's a lot of differences between the two. It's a clever promotion that ties console purchase with game-rewards that are easy to get...it may get that late parent in or a college student to buy it and games at Kmart instead of Amazon, Best Buy..etc.

I like it, it doesn't help me at all but for non console owners it may be the difference on where to get one.[/QUOTE]
Both of you missed the fact that "LOL" = indicator of sarcasm. It's a great deal for people who can take advantage of it. I simply felt like posting something that was different from 10,000 pages in a row of everybody saying the exact same phrase which annoyed me. If instead, I had launched into a rant about how I don't believe in funerals, now that would have been trolling. But I simply chose to post a sarcastic remark to break up the monotony of the long line of similar posts.

As for something on-topic, I'll state how enthusiastic I am that I'll be able to recycle my $20 coupon 3 weeks in a row on inFamous 2, Duke, and F3AR. Yay for savings.

Oh, and I'd really like to know what the Alice offer is, early enough to cancel my 'zon preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back