Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Took this yesterday at the Grand Forks, ND Kmart. Not sure if it is everywhere but it might be worth a look.

Sets were:
Hanna Montana ---Lilac
Assassins Creed----Pearl White
Ratchet & Clank----Mystic Silver

2011-09-01_19-14-35_884.jpg

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yes we will but it is only going to be in like 1 of 3 stores...fairly limited.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you. Hope it lands in one of the Orlando stores.

[quote name='ratandjmt']Took this yesterday at the Grand Forks, ND Kmart. Not sure if it is everywhere but it might be worth a look.[/QUOTE]
All out in Fargo. I kind of don't need one but I love that damn Lilac PSP... And I'll be in Grand Forks next Friday... darn it.

[quote name='josekortez']Yeah, I researched the Move games before buying them. The only one out of the ones that were listed that sucks is The Fight, according to online reviews. Supposedly, EyePet is pretty good. I also wanted The Shoot since I like light gun-style games.[/QUOTE]

Reviews I read, said Kung Fu Rider wasn't very good either. EyePet would have been my third choice.

Josh can you give any rough estimate on a timeframe for a post release Space Marine deal? are we talking like, 3 months or like 4 weeks?

I'm eager for the game but a short-ish single player action game (which is what it looks like) is hard to justify at $60.

[quote name='strait edge follower']can't you just use your gift card for a bf3 preorder ?[/QUOTE]

I'm a noob to Kmart deals (been using Amazon, but their deals have sucked lately). Don't think you can use the coupon for preorders, but I'll be happy if someone can prove me wrong.

I give up trying to support Kmart. Whenever I go to look for a game that is on sale, a vast majority of the time there is never any stock left. I could understand a game being out of stock later in the week... but when I go on the first day of the promo (Sunday) and can't get in on a deal that's just ridiculous.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Hate my local Kmart. They never seem to have any of the games in stock even on day one when the deal goes live.[/QUOTE]

send the kmartgamerhelp email your location and store address. They should be able to get in touch with management on why they're unable to stock items on release date and set them straight.

Complaining to corporate works wonders. All these stores get their items at almost the same time, and usually days ahead of time before release. They're just too lazy/unorganized to put them out for sale or know that they are even in stock.

Seriously, a call or email from corporate to the store or electronics manager will make it a priority.

[quote name='jer7583']send the kmartgamerhelp email your location and store address. They should be able to get in touch with management on why they're unable to stock items on release date and set them straight.

Complaining to corporate works wonders. All these stores get their items at almost the same time, and usually days ahead of time before release. They're just too lazy/unorganized to put them out for sale or know that they are even in stock.

Seriously, a call or email from corporate to the store or electronics manager will make it a priority.[/QUOTE]

Thanks will definitely do that.

When I picked up Mass Effect 2, The Shoot, and Eyepet, I noticed they still had art pictures for Deus Ex, can't wait for the price drop to pick it up.

[quote name='josekortez']Yeah, I researched the Move games before buying them. The only one out of the ones that were listed that sucks is The Fight, according to online reviews. Supposedly, EyePet is pretty good. I also wanted The Shoot since I like light gun-style games.[/QUOTE]

The Fight got trashed by reviewers, but is generally loved by players. The general consensus is that most reviewers barely gave it a chance -- when you first start playing, your player is weak and it's hard to throw good punches -- once you level up, the game comes into its own.

if a boxing game is something you'd be into, i recommend it. great little game.

If I remember correctly, Josh was trying to set up the pre-order site for KMart for a September(?) launch. I was wondering how that was coming along? Hopping on the coupon train this coming Tuesday. I can't wait!

[quote name='VenomA7X']When I picked up Mass Effect 2, The Shoot, and Eyepet, I noticed they still had art pictures for Deus Ex, can't wait for the price drop to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Do you know if the picture will still ring up?

I know Josh mentioned something about stocking the PS3 Wireless Headset that come out next week but does anyone know if their is going to be a promotion on them? I have a pair locked in at $65 on Amazon (Retail is $99.99) but if they are good I'd like to get a second pair

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Reviews I read, said Kung Fu Rider wasn't very good either. EyePet would have been my third choice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking about returning Kung Fu Rider since it was $14.99 and I still don't own a Move controller yet. Not to mention that K-Mart is giving $10 in Come Back Cash on all electronics purchases over $90, and I'm planning to go back today for a 24" LCD that's supposed to be on sale for $199.99. I might rebuy it if or when KFR goes down to $9.99.

[quote name='affa']The Fight got trashed by reviewers, but is generally loved by players. The general consensus is that most reviewers barely gave it a chance -- when you first start playing, your player is weak and it's hard to throw good punches -- once you level up, the game comes into its own.

if a boxing game is something you'd be into, i recommend it. great little game.[/QUOTE]

My local store didn't have copies of The Fight anyway, so it's a non-issue at this point. But maybe I'll check it out if I can find a cheap copy somewhere else down the line.

[quote name='josekortez']Yeah, I'm thinking about returning Kung Fu Rider since it was $14.99 and I still don't own a Move controller yet. Not to mention that K-Mart is giving $10 in Come Back Cash on all electronics purchases over $90, and I'm planning to go back today for a 24" LCD that's supposed to be on sale for $199.99. I might rebuy it if or when KFR goes down to $9.99.[/QUOTE]
FYI: Kung Fu Rider is $4.97 at Sears if you can find it in stock.;)

Josh any chance you can give us a hint at what the Gears of war 3 deal might be? Can we expect something more than just a 20$ coupon?

[quote name='Ps3akuma']Josh any chance you can give us a hint at what the Gears of war 3 deal might be? Can we expect something more than just a 20$ coupon?[/QUOTE]
This is only pure speculation on my part, but I would expect yes. The largest tentpole games of the fall (Skyrim, Battlefield, COD:MW3, GOW3) are generally the types of games that Josh runs an extra bonus on or bumps up the coupon value on. But again, there's no knowing for certain. It might just be a $20 coupon. So don't expect it or think of it as a certainty. Things are always apt to change.

So, is Kmart back to using the gaming coupons now? Is there any chance we could substitute a coupon for SYWR points instead?

[quote name='MSH.KSU']So, is Kmart back to using the gaming coupons now? Is there any chance we could substitute a coupon for SYWR points instead?[/QUOTE]

Coupons only. In a nutshell, if he didn't use coupons then there simply wouldn't be any deals since the SYWR budget isn't tied to the gaming department.

It was only used earlier this year as a backup while the coupon system was being worked on.

I think I am going to bite on the deal for Starfox 64 3D... $15 gaming coupon (September 9th through the 17th) sounds good to me!

[quote name='turkletont1']So wait, how do I get the Madden 12 coupons? Just go to K-mart and buy it?[/QUOTE]

And today (9/3) should be the last day you can get it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Coupons only. In a nutshell, if he didn't use coupons then there simply wouldn't be any deals since the SYWR budget isn't tied to the gaming department.

It was only used earlier this year as a backup while the coupon system was being worked on.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the explanation!

The weekly ad for next week only lists one game on sale:

:psp: God of War: Ghost of Sparta $19.99

Also, Kmart will have the Uncharted Dual Pack at its regular price of $39.99. It's a good pack to get if you have one of those coupons and you're interested in at least one of the games.

[quote name='josekortez']Yeah, I'm thinking about returning Kung Fu Rider since it was $14.99 and I still don't own a Move controller yet. Not to mention that K-Mart is giving $10 in Come Back Cash on all electronics purchases over $90...[/QUOTE]

The Kmart website says "online only" for the Come Back Cash.

My dad picked up a game for me at kmart but for the wrong system there is a sears closer to me that has videogames can I return it there?

Does Kmart ever give away free games? For example my Kmart has tons and tons of copies of Batman AA regular edition on the shelf but for some reason still priced at $30 (GOTY edition is $30, so why is regular edition $30?). So when Batman AC comes out, would they give a coupon plus a copy of AA?

I still have yet to pick up Batman AA but if this deal might happen I can wait for the release of AC to get both at the same time.

[quote name='mjoa123']Does Kmart ever give away free games? For example my Kmart has tons and tons of copies of Batman AA regular edition on the shelf but for some reason still priced at $30 (GOTY edition is $30, so why is regular edition $30?). So when Batman AC comes out, would they give a coupon plus a copy of AA?

I still have yet to pick up Batman AA but if this deal might happen I can wait for the release of AC to get both at the same time.[/QUOTE]

If Walmart is an alternative to you, they have Arkham City with Arkham Asylum: GotY and a $10 eGift card. Details are here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8790821#post8790821

[quote name='mjoa123']I'm not much of an online shopper (unless it's textbooks), which is why I'm hoping Kmart 1-ups this deal. Has Kmart been known to give away the prequel when buying a sequel?[/QUOTE]

Not for free.

[quote name='Midnight Express']The Kmart website says "online only" for the Come Back Cash.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. BTW, the TV I planned to buy wasn't in stock when I stopped by my local K-Mart today, so no Come Back Cash for me unless I order it online...but I did get my money back for Kung-Fu Rider.

[quote name='mjoa123']I'm not much of an online shopper (unless it's textbooks), which is why I'm hoping Kmart 1-ups this deal. Has Kmart been known to give away the prequel when buying a sequel?[/QUOTE]
Yep, they have, or at least the prequel at a very discounted price. I can't name one specifically, but I think I do remember doing that kind of promotion at times.

[quote name='ithebigc']Yep, they have, or at least the prequel at a very discounted price. I can't name one specifically, but I think I do remember doing that kind of promotion at times.[/QUOTE]

InFamous 1/2 comes to mind, but I think that got nixed/changed due to it being free on PSN for a short time?

If I buy Resistance 3, Space Marine and Dead Island at K-Mart are all once will I get three coupons? And can I use them all at the same time for the next game I want?

[quote name='ToyMachine228']If I buy Resistance 3, Space Marine and Dead Island at K-Mart are all once will I get three coupons? And can I use them all at the same time for the next game I want?[/QUOTE]

They should. And you can, as long as the next game you want is sold for more than the coupons are worth, i.e. $20 x 3 = $60, so a $59.99 game won't work.

[quote name='ToyMachine228']If I buy Resistance 3, Space Marine and Dead Island at K-Mart are all once will I get three coupons? And
can I use them all at the same time for the next game I want?[/QUOTE]

LOL I was wondering the same thing. Should I buy them all seperate to be safe or all on 1 receipt?

[quote name='ithebigc']Yep, they have, or at least the prequel at a very discounted price. I can't name one specifically, but I think I do remember doing that kind of promotion at times.[/QUOTE]

I think Yakuza 3 was free with Yakuza 4.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Sorry if this was already asked but will Kmart carry any of the limited editions of Dead Island and/or Gears of War 3?

Thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

Does this even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back