Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think getting Bulletstorm for $30 is a good deal? Has anyone had problems getting it to ring up correctly in store?

I want to get this..but I have a feeling it will eventually get a price drop. Any thoughts?

Oh crap! The post Alice deal is for the week of the 26th, not the 21st?! Oh boy... I've advertised and convinced plenty of people to go get the deal to get Kmart some business... oh boy...

[quote name='Buuhan1']Oh crap! The post Alice deal is for the week of the 26th, not the 21st?! Oh boy... I've advertised and convinced plenty of people to go get the deal to get Kmart some business... oh boy...[/QUOTE]
Oh boy, what? -- Mary Jane Watson, Spider-Man 2

Nintendo had once mentioned that they were considering a limited print run of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS, thus making it more rare and keeping the value of the game up. Does anybody know whether they are following through with this? If it sells well, will it be difficult to find in a couple of months? Thanks.

[quote name='KSS181920']Nintendo had once mentioned that they were considering a limited print run of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS, thus making it more rare and keeping the value of the game up. Does anybody know whether they are following through with this? If it sells well, will it be difficult to find in a couple of months? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

That mario anniversary collection they put out, that was rare.

This? I doubt it'll be rare.

I bought 2 LA Noire and have two 20 gaming coupon. I tried to buy a game today, but the cashier said only 1 may be used. She even tried to scan both, but no go. Can I really only use one? She doesn't work in electronics, but was very helpful.

[quote name='ceve2001']I bought 2 LA Noire and have two 20 gaming coupon. I tried to buy a game today, but the cashier said only 1 may be used. She even tried to scan both, but no go. Can I really only use one? She doesn't work in electronics, but was very helpful.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8508658&postcount=4

More specifically to answer your question...
Coupons with different barcodes can be stacked but coupons with the same barcode cannot be stacked
  • Example #1 Halo Reach $25 coupon and Dead Rising 2 $20 coupon can be used on one purchase
  • Example #2 Halo Reach $25 coupon and another Halo Reach $25 coupon cannot be used on one purchase
You can use the two coupons from LA Noire, but they need to be on separate transactions. You can use multiple coupons on the same transaction but they need to be from different promotions.

[quote name='ssr']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8508658&postcount=4

More specifically to answer your question...

[/LIST]
You can use the two coupons from LA Noire, but they need to be on separate transactions. You can use multiple coupons on the same transaction but they need to be from different promotions.[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks. I thought since the number underneath the barcode was different it would be okay.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Oh crap! The post Alice deal is for the week of the 26th, not the 21st?! Oh boy... I've advertised and convinced plenty of people to go get the deal to get Kmart some business... oh boy...[/QUOTE]

Kind of a bad move to talk about a sale when you don't know the correct date, but even still, look at it this way. It comes out with a coupon this week. If they had the price drop NEXT week, that would totally screw them over since they have a 7 day price match policy which would lead a TON of people to not only get the $15 coupon this week but the game for $35 next week. That's a bad business move no matter how you look at it.
Plus people have said two weeks ever since Josh mentioned it was going to match the Portal 2 deal.

Actually, an earlier post referencing the Portal 2 deal said it'd be the week of the 21st. Always get a second opinion. Also, forgive me for wanting to try and get Kmart some business because I knew plenty of people who want Alice.

Anyone play the prior Dungeon Seige games? Wondering what the game is like. Kinda seems like a Diablo clone to me but wondering if this game is only good in co-op mode

Gotta admit that the commercials for Dungeon Siege III have me considering a purchase. Hadn't paid the title any attention prior to today. Won't be able to try the demo until tomorrow since I just started the download.

[quote name='jer7583']saw the lights on the goodyear blimp and it read : "SHC-GAMER'S A PIMP"[/QUOTE]
shortly there after....
Blimp.jpg

:roll: (too soon?)

[quote name='rbarba4']Anyone play the prior Dungeon Seige games? Wondering what the game is like. Kinda seems like a Diablo clone to me but wondering if this game is only good in co-op mode

Gotta admit that the commercials for Dungeon Siege III have me considering a purchase. Hadn't paid the title any attention prior to today. Won't be able to try the demo until tomorrow since I just started the download.[/QUOTE]

I actually really enjoyed the demo. I tried getting into Sacred 2 with some friends but it just never grabbed me, but this I could see myself enjoying a whole lot more. Since Sacred 2 is the only recent game like that I have played, I will say by comparison that it looks a lot better and the gameplay is more fluid, though I haven't played it online.

The last thing I need right now is another new game but this will eventually fill that multiplayer hack n' slash RPG void quite nicely.

[quote name='rbarba4']Anyone play the prior Dungeon Seige games? Wondering what the game is like. Kinda seems like a Diablo clone to me but wondering if this game is only good in co-op mode

Gotta admit that the commercials for Dungeon Siege III have me considering a purchase. Hadn't paid the title any attention prior to today. Won't be able to try the demo until tomorrow since I just started the download.[/QUOTE]

First, why not just download the demo and see for yourself how you like it? I've never played earlier entries, but I played the whole 3 hour demo & I really enjoyed it more than I'd expected to. It really is nothing like diablo though. Diablo is mostly action, whereas dungeon siege 3 felt much more like an rpg. Compared to diablo, the pace is much slower, there are relatively few enemies, there's lots of time spent on mass effect style branching conversation screens. I frankly don't understand any comparison to diablo, as they have totally different feel to them. Diablo never even crossed my mind while playing the demo. Although I haven't played Dragon Age, based on what I've read, my impression of dungeon siege 3 reminded me more of how I imagine the console versions of dragon age play, minus the ability to pause the action.

Another important thing to consider though, is that dungeon siege 3 is already being widely criticized for its poor co-op options. It's drop in, drop out, but the friends who join your game only get to assume the controls of one of your generic npc party members. They do not get to use their own custom characters, nor do they get to keep anything that they pick up or any progress that might be made. Only the game's host gains any benefit. There's basically no reason to play co-op other than if you just want to socialize while you play, cuz one or the other of you is going to forfeit his own game progress in order to basically just tag along with you and waste time. And the achievements require lots of co-op play, so be prepared to take turns sacrificing your time to play as your friend's npc 50% of the time.

I have played Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and their expansions on PC. DS2 is one of my all time favorite games. In 1 & 2 you control a party of up to four characters deciding on the equipment, skills, stances, etc. for all four members. I too have looked forward to DS3, but it wasn't developed by Gas Powered Games like the first two, but instead Obsideon. I've been afraid that it would suffer from consolitis and after playing the demo, I believe that to be the case, at least partially. You only control one character in DS3 and the other systems have been simplified/streamlined. I did enjoy the demo and I do plan on purchasing it, but it doesn't compare to the first 2 games. Outside of the setting and the fact that it is an action RPG, DS3 is a pretty different game. Just my two cents...

I wonder what the NCAA Football 2012 offer is going to be??? I might just have to use my coupon on MAdden 12 if coupon not expire before then!!!

Is it me or is everyone matching the hell out of Josh's deals?

Next week best buy has match the dual shock 3 promo; even game stop is annoucing a $50 GC with the black ops bundle...

i really have gotten so much out of so little from kmart over the last 1.5 years but if other retailers (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon) seem to match each of Josh's deals then it's going to hurt Kmart big time....

Josh always had a one up on the competition because his prices/deals were much better but the downside was having to deal with stock issues or employee incompetence.

Now it looks like the other guys are putting a lot of work into their gaming departments, and although competitions is best for us (the gamers) will it not hurt Kmart?

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it me or is everyone matching the hell out of Josh's deals?

Next week best buy has match the dual shock 3 promo; even game stop is annoucing a $50 GC with the black ops bundle...

i really have gotten so much out of so little from kmart over the last 1.5 years but if other retailers (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon) seem to match each of Josh's deals then it's going to hurt Kmart big time....

Josh always had a one up on the competition because his prices/deals were much better but the downside was having to deal with stock issues or employee incompetence.

Now it looks like the other guys are putting a lot of work into their gaming departments, and although competitions is best for us (the gamers) will it not hurt Kmart?[/QUOTE]

I think that new bestbuy pre-order 5 get $100 in rwz certs is going to be tough to beat at k-mart too, so that may hurt a little too. I know it took 5 games away I intended on getting at kmart, way too good to pass up.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it me or is everyone matching the hell out of Josh's deals?

Now it looks like the other guys are putting a lot of work into their gaming departments, and although competitions is best for us (the gamers) will it not hurt Kmart?[/QUOTE]

Competition is inevitable. He had to know this was coming. They've had more than enough time to clean up their act. I've never had any issues at all with kmart, and will continue shopping there. But who can blame those who have had issues for over a year for going elsewhere?

Eventually they're going to have to survive as a retailer people actually want to buy from, not simply one that we tolerate for the prices.

You only gave two examples and I don't think either of them can be considered a match. Every retailer has been giving out gift cards with PS3 purchases for months and I'm sure GS would have done this with or without Kmart's deal. Amazon has been selling the DS3 for $35.99 for at least a few weeks now. So those two examples you gave could be considered as Kmart matching everyone else.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I think that new bestbuy pre-order 5 get $100 in rwz certs is going to be tough to beat at k-mart too, so that may hurt a little too. I know it took 5 games away I intended on getting at kmart, way too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy deal sucks in that you have to wait nearly forever for the $100, but Best Buy also has regular RZ points plus pre-order bonuses on top of the $100 that Kmart doesn't get. Plus BB will price match (assuming you can actually find the game cheaper within a month).

So yeah hopefully Kmart can come up with something to compete with that.

Kmart deals have been good since the LA Noire deal, but just not good enough as to where the majority of people are going to flock to them. Offering a $15 coupon, and in most cases, a $20 coupon isn't going to get me to buy. Tasty deals are the buy $120, get $60 in coupons, the LA Noire deals, or the multiple buy a new release, get $10 in Kmart points plus $30 off a $50 PSN card. I miss those days.

tell me where any other retailer is consistently offering at least $15 off another purchase with most new releases, then i'll agree with you, harvey.

Josh certainly has caused the other retailers to take notice and step things up, which is only good for us. It seems like before kmart came around most weekly ads were just 100% MSRP for a few years..

they don't do it as consistently week after week like kmart does and does not do it on the smaller titles very often..

Did I say that Kmart deals are bad? Absolutely not, they are good sales and if a particular person is looking for that title then they will jump on it. However, if someone is on the fence, a $15-$20 coupon when spending $63 after tax just isn't going to be appealing enough, especially when NO games are constantly being sold at their new release price any longer. Every week, I see Amazon, Best Buy, New Egg, Game Stop, and other sites/stores constantly either matching deals, competitive deals, or even offering the same game for less straight-up cost (which by far is going to be more appealing than having to get gift cards/coupons).

Is there something to say about a place offering consistent sales? Yes, I believe so and that is why I shop at Kmart. But I have yet to find anyone's customer service as top of the line as Best Buy, and if you think people won't go somewhere like that and spend $5-$10 more to ensure that they won't have any headaches, think again.

[quote name='dino88']You only gave two examples and I don't think either of them can be considered a match. Every retailer has been giving out gift cards with PS3 purchases for months and I'm sure GS would have done this with or without Kmart's deal. Amazon has been selling the DS3 for $35.99 for at least a few weeks now. So those two examples you gave could be considered as Kmart matching everyone else.[/QUOTE]
The only retailer that has consistently been neck and neck over the past year has been Amazon. Even now there really hasn't been as much of a go to markepug ash as I thought that there would have been by now by the competition. To be honest I haven't had to pay much attention to brick and mortar yet from a deal perspective. The Sony offers are being driven by Sony for all major retailers, same as Microsoft. Only Amazon and Kmart have been consistent with every main release for sometime. Best Buy after that.

It may not always be like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, when we are using the word consistent, there is no other store that compares with Kmart. Obviously in the .com world, Amazon has been all about matching deals. But I don't know of anyone or can imagine of anyone who is consistently buying every new release title that comes out, unless they do not have a job and/or family.

And to the person asking for a comparison, I'll give one for the current new release in Duke Nukem Forever, but I am not wasting my time going through every single circumstance. The entire time through pre-order and currently, you could purchase the game from Best Buy, and receive $30 off a sale price X11 Headset for $14.99 (I think now it is 15.99 after discount). That in my mind is a better deal than a $20 coupon. Now, you can pick Duke Nukem Forever and another game from a list, and get one for 50% off. Therefore, it is basically like a $15 coupon for each ($30 off), but it doesn't require you to make a future purchase on the deal because it is instant savings, not to mention you never have to leave your house and drive to get the game.
Amazon's current $49 price with their promotional credit is a buy it now price with free shipping and no tax like always. So never have to leave your home, and pay $14 less than it costs with tax without having to purchase a future game.
I am not hear to kiss the Kmart threads/Josh's ass like a lot of people here, even though I consistently shop at Kmart for ONLY gaming deals and appreciate what he has accomplished, just revealing the facts and my opinions.

Picked up Dynasty Warriors 7 for 20 with my LA Noire coupon. Took seemingly forever due to the guy with the keys having to finish up with somebody else, but plenty of people asked me if I was finding everything okay, and the guy who got the game and rang me up was great.

What does a Code S mean in Kmart lingo?

[quote name='harveyiscool']Once again, when we are using the word consistent, there is no other store that compares with Kmart. Obviously in the .com world, Amazon has been all about matching deals. But I don't know of anyone or can imagine of anyone who is consistently buying every new release title that comes out, unless they do not have a job and/or family.[/QUOTE]

This is just a silly arguement, filled with generalizations about how people spend their money or use coupons.

Kmart is the best place to buy week of release games. End of story. They're becoming pretty good/competitive on the weeks after release too.

Gamestop never puts anything on sale until it's a universal MSRP drop, and both them and best buy have some of the WORST customer service out there. I'd rather have a clueless kmart employee than a GS one who's giving you an attitude because you don't want to pre-order, pick up a used game, or a strategy guide, because their manager is breathing down their neck about losing hours if they don't push that crap.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The only retailer that has consistently been neck and neck over the past year has been Amazon. Even now there really hasn't been as much of a go to markepug ash as I thought that there would have been by now by the competition. To be honest I haven't had to pay much attention to brick and mortar yet from a deal perspective. The Sony offers are being driven by Sony for all major retailers, same as Microsoft. Only Amazon and Kmart have been consistent with every main release for sometime. Best Buy after that. [/QUOTE]

Well at the very least you are by far the most consistent. Amazon didn't even have a deal for Infamous 2 (just the pre-order bonus which was available at a bunch of places). They also don't have a deal for many of the middle tier type titles like Shadows Of The Damned, Child Of Eden and countless other titles like that; whereas you have without fail had at the very least a "solid" deal on almost anything anyone cares about.

Also, many...many people shop at Amazon simply to (illegally!) avoid taxes, which isn't fair to you or any other B&M retailer. It's just the way it is for now.

So imo you're at the very least competitive with Amazon. If not for the convenience of Amazon you'd be gaining much more ground more quickly I imagine.

I love buying at K-Mart and will do so as much as possible. The only thing I wish would be that K-Mart could get is more in-game bonuses like other retailers can get.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Once again, when we are using the word consistent, there is no other store that compares with Kmart. Obviously in the .com world, Amazon has been all about matching deals. But I don't know of anyone or can imagine of anyone who is consistently buying every new release title that comes out, unless they do not have a job and/or family.[/QUOTE]

I doubt many people without a job would be buying ANY games...lol.

[quote name='jer7583']This is just a silly arguement, filled with generalizations about how people spend their money or use coupons.

Kmart is the best place to buy week of release games. End of story. They're becoming pretty good/competitive on the weeks after release too.

Gamestop never puts anything on sale until it's a universal MSRP drop, and both them and best buy have some of the WORST customer service out there. I'd rather have a clueless kmart employee than a GS one who's giving you an attitude because you don't want to pre-order, pick up a used game, or a strategy guide, because their manager is breathing down their neck about losing hours if they don't push that crap.[/QUOTE]

I will agree that Gamestop employees can be pushy but I've never had a problem at Best Buy. New games have been on the shelves on release day nearly every time I've gone in there for a brand new game and if they're not, help is usually only within a few feet. When I go to Kmart, it's a roll of the dice on both counts which usually ends up not in my favor.

[quote name='Killbomb']I doubt many people without a job would be buying ANY games...lol.
[/QUOTE]

A student here. I hustle to buy games. Don't technically have "a job" though. Its possible to do.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The only retailer that has consistently been neck and neck over the past year has been Amazon. Even now there really hasn't been as much of a go to markepug ash as I thought that there would have been by now by the competition. To be honest I haven't had to pay much attention to brick and mortar yet from a deal perspective. The Sony offers are being driven by Sony for all major retailers, same as Microsoft. Only Amazon and Kmart have been consistent with every main release for sometime. Best Buy after that.

It may not always be like that.[/QUOTE]

Yes but best buy accepting @Gamer and other coupons on their "sale" prices is going to be very dangerous.. as previously proven over the last few weeks.

I didn't mean to open any wounds. I myself will defend Kmart; I've given them much business over the last year.

However I have a very good store. I don't think everyone else can say the same. If your store either doesn't have new releases out on time or only gets four copies of a major title then that can be frustrating, regardless of what stock boy or josh can prove that the store "should" have.

Look, we all like Josh and have the utmost respect for what he has done. Sometimes I get angry with Amazon because I feel like it is rare that they have a deal of their OWN as most of the time they are just mirroring someone elses deal.

But lately I just feel like other retailers that are most more convienent and consumer friendly have stepped their game up. That is very very scary IMO for Kmart. Only the cheapest of all gamers will shop at a retailer to save $5. Most consumers will shop out of convienence if only to save a few dollars.

As a whole Kmart will need to continue to step its game up as we already know josh will continue to do so.

true about best buy, they know how to stock shelves. lol.

I've just found at least in this area they hire a lot of toolbag bros who just fail to know anything about their job when you ask anything or have a problem with something.

Sending an email to josh once in a while is worth the hundreds of dollars in coupons i've used since last october or so.

[quote name='harveyiscool']
But I have yet to find anyone's customer service as top of the line as Best Buy
[/QUOTE]

This right here made me spit mountain dew out through my nose, thanks for the laugh.

[quote name='jer7583']This is just a silly arguement, filled with generalizations about how people spend their money or use coupons.

Gamestop never puts anything on sale until it's a universal MSRP drop, and both them and best buy have some of the WORST customer service out there. I'd rather have a clueless kmart employee than a GS one who's giving you an attitude because you don't want to pre-order, pick up a used game, or a strategy guide, because their manager is breathing down their neck about losing hours if they don't push that crap.[/QUOTE]
I would never shop at Game Stop either and agree with you about their customer service, but you are flat out wrong about Best Buy. If one of their employees was rude to you or was wrong about something, you would only have to call their customer service number and you would be sent out a gift card, usually for $50. But I don't even enjoy going in to their store if I don't have to. I would much rather walking into a Kmart and not being bothered than heading into Best Buy and being approached. But as far as the recent comparison of deals they are offering and the ease of online/in-store pickup....

If...

If they carry the title...

If they have it on the shelves on Tuesday (or whatever the release days happens to be)...

If they have more then 4 copies of it....

Their are so many "polar" cheerleaders on this site. Those that have blind allegiance to Kmart and then those that come on here to instigate and put down.

I have gotten so many AMAZING deals because of this thread and Josh so I'm certainly not trying to be a jack@ss but I'm just noticing that because other stores are trying harder to compete and match/beat Kmart's deals and because Kmart is continue to have the same customer service problems (just read this thread on a Tuesday) it just might not be enough

So what is everyone's theory on how widespread the post launch deals will be for Alice and possibly SotD also? Is it going to be KMart only? Or is it going to be at all retailers like Portal 2 was?

[quote name='confoosious']Being easy to finagle a gift card out of them is not the same as good customer service.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the gift card is just a way to make you forget until the next time you go in there that their customer service is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back