Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']The coupon promotion ended a week ago. Waiting until tomorrow will get you not a coupon but a special price of $34.99.[/QUOTE]

I gotcha

Saw this "Alice: Madness Returns $15 Gaming Coupon (post launch offer planned)" and was thinking the coupon deal was expanded

I know there is the alice $34.99 sale this upcoming week but i was really hoping for maybe a sale on Duke Nukem for $40 or Dungeon Siege for $40

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Curious, Is it worth it to just have a extra PS3 controller, if I am the only one playing the PS3?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing worse than having someone over who wants to play but you're the sad cheap ass who only has one controller.

Just get a second one. Keep it wrapped up until you need it.

[quote name='dennisb407']WHy waste $40 on Duke? #justasking[/QUOTE]

Always bet on duke.

Is there anyway to get the store to honor prices posted in this thread or online? no way am i paying $40 for MGS:pW or full price for some other game that hasbeen discounted for years/months.

[quote name='confoosious']There is nothing worse than having someone over who wants to play but you're the sad cheap ass who only has one controller.

Just get a second one. Keep it wrapped up until you need it.[/QUOTE]

This... and also it's nice to have a spare in case you don't realize your battery is dying/dead.

I wouldn't be too excited about the BLOPS LE. It's just a repack with a first strike code according to the GS Box Art they posted on their product page.

[quote name='dabamus']I wouldn't be too excited about the BLOPS LE. It's just a repack with a first strike code according to the GS Box Art they posted on their product page.[/QUOTE]

It is. We got ours yesterday and it's the exact same box with a sticker on it advertising the new map-pack. When I briefly glanced at the on-hands for our local stores I didn't see a large amount sent by the studio so I don't think it's anticipated to do all that well...perhaps slightly hurt by the COD: BO PS3 bundle we now have ~10 of in each store. Those without a PS3 already get BO for free when buying the PS3, so unlikely to sway some to jump over...And most of those with a PS3 without COD aren't going to jump all over a BO with one map pack bonus. It's a nice supplemental release to move units in a summer time lull, but other than that it's a minor footnote.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Man I wish the K was carrying Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. I just went and paid $64 and will pick it up on Tuesday, but not only do I feel terrible for spending full price on a game, I feel like I cheated on Josh. Even though they aren't carrying it at Kmart, I feel dirty for hitting up a different store for a game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cheated on Kmart with the cheap whore that TRU was this week, and I felt bad afterward. ...WTF? Do I have feelings for Josh and/or his stores? Someone get me a therapist, stat!

[quote name='admiralvic']I wouldnt trust reviewers on play time. I read two reviews claim 1 cycle of Infamous 2 would be a minimal of 20 hours and based off my trophy unlock times... I did the full bad cycle, all upgrades, every blast shard, all side missions, and every dead drop in under 20 hours.[/QUOTE]

guide or no guide?

[quote name='marvinhall05']I actually need to grab a DualShock since the dog chewed the rubber off the sticks =\[/QUOTE]

u can just replace those. i know u could do it wit the ps2 controllers and considering the dualshock 3 is basically the dualshock 2 (wit some changes outside of the form) those should work --- the rubber is basically just glued onto the stick which can be taken off and just covered again --- a few bucks i think for a set

[quote name='admiralvic']I wouldnt trust reviewers on play time. I read two reviews claim 1 cycle of Infamous 2 would be a minimal of 20 hours and based off my trophy unlock times... I did the full bad cycle, all upgrades, every blast shard, all side missions, and every dead drop in under 20 hours.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I've always had this problem, and the thing is, i'm slow as mollasses going through areas because i want every collectible and i generally stop to look at scenery often.

Despite that, Infamous 2 took about 16 hours to platinum. Maybe some of the reviewers thought every green mission needed to be finished, lol. (for folks who haven't played it, those are the user made missions.)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']guide or no guide?
[/QUOTE]
According to YGC I was the first to get the platinum on Jun 3rd. So I don't think any guide even existed at that point. I also believe my trophy guide was the first to come out... but thats debatable.

@ cheesebu:

I had the game prior to release and UGC didnt go live till friday via a patch. While its possible they had special versions which let them use UGC... the two I read (both big sites) gave zero details on UGC which strongly supports the they didnt have access to them theory.

Whaaaaat? K-Mart won't be carrying Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3?

The entire purpose of my purchasing Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Shadows of the Damned this week instead of waiting for price drops was so that I could use the $30 total in Gaming Coupons to score DWG3 for a bit cheaper...

I am disappoint...especially since there's nothing else coming out before the coupons expire that I would buy (except Catherine, but I plan to get the LE, and I seriously doubt the K-Mart here will carry it). Maybe Max Payne 3, though...

[quote name='cheesebu']So what is the deal for RE Mercs? $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, Josh hasn't announced anything yet. But yes, that would be awesome.

[quote name='Achilles00']As far as I know, Josh hasn't announced anything yet. But yes, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? It comes out in 3 days >.>

I guess i'll stick with Amazon for this one, i've got it preordered relatively cheap there.

[quote name='admiralvic']According to YGC I was the first to get the platinum on Jun 3rd. So I don't think any guide even existed at that point. I also believe my trophy guide was the first to come out... but thats debatable.

@ cheesebu:

I had the game prior to release and UGC didnt go live till friday via a patch. While its possible they had special versions which let them use UGC... the two I read (both big sites) gave zero details on UGC which strongly supports the they didnt have access to them theory.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, u nice, i usually take my time wit campaigns that i really like, unlike ones like cod where i just run through (and i take running and gunnin to a whole nother level lol), but very nicely done

[quote name='cheesebu']Wow, seriously? It comes out in 3 days >.>

I guess i'll stick with Amazon for this one, i've got it preordered relatively cheap there.[/QUOTE]

i guess u could weigh the amount u could save? take how much u saved wit amazon (add in any credit) and then add up any possible coupons (say like... 10$ min?) and any coupons u might've used

This is a bit late (I was unable to post anything since I just registered a few days ago), but I had great service at the Kmart location in south Toledo, OH Monday morning. The guy working in electronics was very courteous and looked for Ocarina of Time until he found it.

also meant to post, idr exactly, but the email about the july 4th 10x pts thing, where u had to spend... $50? during some time period, to get a 10x pts coupon for the week of 7-5 - 7-10. apparently it doesn't matter how u pay (i used two coupons to bring my total to 27, and i still got it) unless i'm wrong about the total needed

[quote name='SPVietBoy']ahhh, u nice, i usually take my time wit campaigns that i really like, unlike ones like cod where i just run through (and i take running and gunnin to a whole nother level lol), but very nicely done [/QUOTE]

Thanks and I get where you're coming from, but I tend to go though games rather fast lol. If I remember that time it was something like...

Got infamous 2 tuesday around 4
Got the platinum friday
Wrote my review/guide for vividgamer (1 published other is pending)
Jumped on streets of rage 2
Got 100%
Wrote a guide for VG (published)
Started Red Faction Arm
Platinum Red Faction Arm
Wrote a trophy guide/review for VG (both published)

So yeah we all move at different speeds.

On topic:

I would love to know the Biohazard deal, but I getting mine for free more or less so I doubt it will beat that.

[quote name='admiralvic']Thanks and I get where you're coming from, but I tend to go though games rather fast lol. If I remember that time it was something like...

Got infamous 2 tuesday around 4
Got the platinum friday
Wrote my review/guide for vividgamer (1 published other is pending)
Jumped on streets of rage 2
Got 100%
Wrote a guide for VG (published)
Started Red Faction Arm
Platinum Red Faction Arm
Wrote a trophy guide/review for VG (both published)

So yeah we all move at different speeds.

On topic:

I would love to know the Biohazard deal, but I getting mine for free more or less so I doubt it will beat that.[/QUOTE]

r u a professional reviewer or something? u seem to get games early far more often than most ppl i see (and yes... two is more than enough to justify my statement XD)

and biohazard? ohhh, resident evil, lol i was confused for a bit there --- hopefully stock boy can answer for u guys since josh is on a well-deserved vacation

[quote name='SPVietBoy']guide or no guide?

u can just replace those. i know u could do it wit the ps2 controllers and considering the dualshock 3 is basically the dualshock 2 (wit some changes outside of the form) those should work --- the rubber is basically just glued onto the stick which can be taken off and just covered again --- a few bucks i think for a set[/QUOTE]
Gonna have to look into that my other 2 controllers are getting worn down.

[quote name='salty tbone']I finally decided to jump in on the PS3 dualshock deal. My local store had white and blue versions.[/QUOTE]

i wanted to... but my kmart was teh same, white and blue only... didn't want those, only silver or black (have 2 black and 1 silver atm, wanted to make it even but... *sighs* guess not

[quote name='chicho13_420']Gonna have to look into that my other 2 controllers are getting worn down.[/QUOTE]

sorry i don't have a name or anything for u (honestly dr wat they're called)

[quote name='GreyFox787']Whaaaaat? K-Mart won't be carrying Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3?

The entire purpose of my purchasing Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Shadows of the Damned this week instead of waiting for price drops was so that I could use the $30 total in Gaming Coupons to score DWG3 for a bit cheaper...

I am disappoint...especially since there's nothing else coming out before the coupons expire that I would buy (except Catherine, but I plan to get the LE, and I seriously doubt the K-Mart here will carry it). Maybe Max Payne 3, though...[/QUOTE]
It's been asked many times if Kmart would carry it. I know the thread moves fast though, so people probably missed the times it got talked about. As soon as they announced a vague release time for the US, I asked Josh about it.
It's funny you bring up Catherine and them not carrying the LE. Pretty sure they aren't carrying the game at all.

Correct. KMart will not be carrying Catherine in any form, nor Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, nor Disgaea 4, nor Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

There may have been another couple of games confirmed as not being carried, but these are the ones I can recall at present.

I managed to pick up the ds3 color I wanted--white. After applying my Noire coupon I paid $14.99+tax. Very happy even though I didn't really need it. I will probably sell off my black conroller on craigslist.

Thanks to the SHC team for bringing yet another great deal.

I want to use my remaining $20 coupon on Alice tomorrow, but didn't see any at my local store.

Is there a way to look up store location inventory online? I'm going to have to try another store that is somewhat out of the way.

I think it's getting to the point where we might want to add a "GAMES THAT KMART IS NOT CARRYING" list to the OP of the thread just so it's in the first post and nobody has to ask constantly about games that we've said dozens of times will not be carried by Kmart.
Of course, putting that information readily available in the first post will mean that only MOST people will still ask about Catherine, Super Street Figher IV Arcade Edition and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 instead of ALL people.
Still something to consider though.

Can't wait for Alice in the morn!

[quote name='DPsycho']Correct. KMart will not be carrying Catherine in any form, nor Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, nor Disgaea 4, nor Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

There may have been another couple of games confirmed as not being carried, but these are the ones I can recall at present.[/QUOTE]

What about Captain America? I was saving my coupons for it...

What's the reason we no longer get info on the upcoming weeks deals? I remember Josh posting deals weeks in advance. I think it helps for many of us plan our purchases better. Without knowing in advance I have missed a few good deals at Kmart because I purchased elsewhere. Just sayin'.

[quote name='icarusmight']What's the reason we no longer get info on the upcoming weeks deals? I remember Josh posting deals weeks in advance. I think it helps for many of us plan our purchases better. Without knowing in advance I have missed a few good deals at Kmart because I purchased elsewhere. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

He is on vacation so expect it to return to normal shortly...

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I want to use my remaining $20 coupon on Alice tomorrow, but didn't see any at my local store.

Is there a way to look up store location inventory online? I'm going to have to try another store that is somewhat out of the way.[/QUOTE]
You can always call them, which I am going to end up doing tomorrow before I head out.

[quote name='DPsycho']Correct. KMart will not be carrying Catherine in any form, nor Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, nor Disgaea 4, nor Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.[/QUOTE]
What?! My $15 coupon that came with OOT is now useless. =(

True Frag... I should make the call in the morning. Hopefully I get the cool peeps that work there as opposed to the lazy ones.

Good luck to all that are in pursuit of Alice tomorrow.

I have tried calling my local Kmart only to be put on hold for 20 minutes (after being transferring), in which case I just hang up (cant wait forever). I called twice on friday, and this was each time, its like no one hears the phone ringing? Geeze.

[quote name='nakanenui']I have tried calling my local Kmart only to be put on hold for 20 minutes (after being transferring), in which case I just hang up (cant wait forever). I called twice on friday, and this was each time, its like no one hears the phone ringing? Geeze.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect when you call 1984?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']i wanted to... but my kmart was teh same, white and blue only... didn't want those, only silver or black (have 2 black and 1 silver atm, wanted to make it even but... *sighs* guess not[/QUOTE]

You could have bought the white or blue one and exchanged it for the color you wanted later.

[quote name='caponesgun']He is on vacation so expect it to return to normal shortly...[/QUOTE]

Not posting deals in advance has nothing to do with Josh being on vacation. He's made it clear that he's not posting deals far in advance anymore because other places (like Amazon) have been price matching them on or before they go live at Kmart.

He'll drop a hint here and there in advance (such as he did by saying Alice will mirror the post-release Portal 2 deal, and nothing more) and confirm there will be a deal, but don't be expecting the deal to be outright confirmed till around or in the week the deal goes live.

darn. i think i'm about to fall off the train. my LA Noire coupon is about to expire and this week seems short on releases so I guess I'm grabbing the Alice deal. Which means I'm off the train. BOOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back