Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sdclippers']The technical issues surprise me most, Bound in Blood didn't have this many problems.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like the developers were bound by deadlines. :whistle2:#
Just kidding!

[quote name='dino88']I didn't read up on this game or see any previews, so I was pretty surprised when I started playing the game. I was expecting a western.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this game has had practically zero press, advertising, or hype. I still have no idea why they decided people wanted a modern-era Western.

[quote name='GBAstar']
3) Deals on Collector's editions after week 1
- I don't understand this. Some stores keep these games under lock and key taking up valuable space in their display cabinets. Others put them out in the open where they get handled and destroyed. Some of the most beat up CE I've ever seen were at Kmart (not my store of course as they don't get any Epic Mickey or Halo Reach aside).

4) Accurate and easy way to check inventory
- Having to come on a message board to ask a Kmart employee and then wait is not an easy or accurate way of checking inventory. The only reason why I know my particluar store will even have the new releases on Tuesday is because the employees are good and it is a low volume store; games just don't get bought up.

Some of you need to cut the umbilical cord. This isn't an attack on Josh or Kmart. These are critiques and criticism and regardless of what circular logic you use each and every point made above is valid.[/QUOTE]

3 is tricky because, IIRC, Josh has said publishers rarely price protect CEs for drops after they launch, meaning that any discount would likely eat into Kmart as a loss. Bigger chains can probably afford to write them off as a loss, but Kmart's gaming department is still pretty new, so who knows the financials there but Josh. 4 was touched on by Josh in the past. It has something to do with the way their IT has set that all up. I gather it would be nigh-impossible to make it front-facing to any degree.

It's already been stated plenty of times no one cares if you give well-merited or constructive criticism. Josh has welcomed it, so I give honest feedback where I can, good and bad. And I know I'm not alone. The problem is when people start whining about not enough deals, or deals on what they want, etc. It's fine to ask for a deal, but complaining that something isn't enough and that someone else does it better is just pissing in the Cheerios.

[quote name='GBAstar']Everyone knows that if you want a major new release game you go to Kmart. But at this point that is all that is known. In the absence of any major titles though the store flyers that have been rival Target and Gamestop in dullness.[/QUOTE]
Really? Even though I've been shopping there for years and years, I have NEVER equated Kmart with someplace to get the newest releases as far as gaming goes.

Chances are normal shnook consumers don't either. This is why Kmart/Josh should really put some of the budget they blow on coupon deals into putting these deals they are making into the weekly circulars and I don't mean just a lil blurb about 'go to our blog to see the deals'.

People don't wanna be hassled to go to some random website to have to see the deals. They need it up in their face and out front and center where they can see it and put in clearly defined terms so they can understand it.

Until Kmart does THAT, then these deals will be like a little CAG(and whatever other deal sites copy/paste the info from here or the blog) secret and largely restricted to only those of us who keep track of such things.

Not trying to bash Josh or Kmart in this post(and I'm sure some of ya's will just have to respond to 'defend' Kmart/Josh), but this is what they really need to do to get their brand to be up there with places like Gamestop and recognized for the gaming deals.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Yeah, this game has had practically zero press, advertising, or hype. I still have no idea why they decided people wanted a modern-era Western.

3 is tricky because, IIRC, Josh has said publishers rarely price protect CEs for drops after they launch, meaning that any discount would likely eat into Kmart as a loss. Bigger chains can probably afford to write them off as a loss, but Kmart's gaming department is still pretty new, so who knows the financials there but Josh. 4 was touched on by Josh in the past. It has something to do with the way their IT has set that all up. I gather it would be nigh-impossible to make it front-facing to any degree.

It's already been stated plenty of times no one cares if you give well-merited or constructive criticism. Josh has welcomed it, so I give honest feedback where I can, good and bad. And I know I'm not alone. The problem is when people start whining about not enough deals, or deals on what they want, etc. It's fine to ask for a deal, but complaining that something isn't enough and that someone else does it better is just pissing in the Cheerios.[/QUOTE]

Except I'm not here complaining about wanting a deal on a particular game... the crowd that complained about Kmart not doing a deal on Dynasty Warrior 7 or not carrying a particular Atlus game is annoying. I"m just stating that they (Kmart) will have problems moving stale inventory unless some time of gameplan is put in motion.

Please understand I'm not calling for an absurd clearance but at least be proactive. Most all other retailers have some sort of clearance or discount plan in motion so that these old titles will disappear from their shelves.

If Kmart has a decent trade in program like Bestbuy, I will shop a lot more there. Otherwise I just can't recycle my old games.

[quote name='GBAstar']Except I'm not here complaining about wanting a deal on a particular game... the crowd that complained about Kmart not doing a deal on Dynasty Warrior 7 or not carrying a particular Atlus game is annoying. I"m just stating that they (Kmart) will have problems moving stale inventory unless some time of gameplan is put in motion.

Please understand I'm not calling for an absurd clearance but at least be proactive. Most all other retailers have some sort of clearance or discount plan in motion so that these old titles will disappear from their shelves.[/QUOTE]
Oh, please don't misunderstand me. That wasn't a criticism directed at you, just a global observation about what has been said by a few people in the past. I certainly didn't mean to aim that at you.

I think all of your criticisms are fair. They address a possible problem with some solutions, and they're stated with a calm tone and earnest disposition. The problem only comes about when people (again, not you) instead sound entitled to something not being given, i.e. "The coupons aren't good enough, you should be doing better, and run more deals!" That's a lot different than "Hey, since it's kinda slow, running a deal on clearance might be pretty cool." The former is entitled, but the latter is suggestive, and that difference is what prompts a negative reaction from people.

[quote name='foreinter']If Kmart has a decent trade in program like Bestbuy, I will shop a lot more there. Otherwise I just can't recycle my old games.[/QUOTE]
There was talk of a trade-in program starting and it was in beta in some stores for a while, but I haven't heard anything about it for a while now.

I fear that Kmart's experiment into game trades and possibly the used gaming market met the same fate as Walmart's(they ended it).

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Given from what ive seen from GBAstar, its just another major reseller showing support for his own kind.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Nice logic. Because I don't think Kmart does a good enough job moving "stale" titles then I must be a resller. :roll:

Hi. My name is GBAstar. I live in Bangor, ME and I'm a resller :roll::roll:

Let me fill you in on Central Maine. This is what we have available for big box retailers.

1 TRU; next closest 120 miles
1 Best Buy; next closest 80 miles
1 Kmart; next closest 60 miles
2 Walmarts within 30 miles.
2 worthless gamestops within 60 miles.

Do I hit clearance sales? Sure. Do I have an eBay account? Yes. Do I know the resale value of video games? You bet...

Here's another secret. Just because I work overnights and have the luxury of being able to browse these threads during my shift and I happened to contribute to the Black Ops Prestige thread doesn't mean I'm a reseller. Any idiot can tell you that a game which is 90% of retail and sells for much more above retail is a a smart investment. You don't have to be a "reseller" or a "hoarder" to know that buying multiple copies of that game will present a golden opportunity. I will be able to supplement my gaming budget for months of that deal alone.

And to be honest I sell more items from Staples then I do the rest of the box stores combined.

But let's continue to keep our rose colored glasses on and assume that anyone that has constructive criticisms of Kmart "must" be an eBay reseller.

Tool.

Edit: And if you think I'm wrong in my assessment tell me this; what do you think will happen to all these copies of Dead Rising 2, Castlevania, Mario Sports Mix, etc over the course of the next year? They will continue to sit at $29.99+ and take up space with the rest of the over priced junk. People don't want to buy games that are almost a year old at $30+. Period.

Also, people don't want to buy music CD's at $14.99 or DVD's at $17.99 but apparently Kmart thinks that is a good idea too and commits two dedicated aisles to doing so at my Kmart which takes up roughly 1/5 of the entire electronics department but that is another issue entirely.

Honestly..... has anyone here but a music CD, DVD, or blu-ray from Kmart in the last year?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Honestly..... has anyone here but a music CD, DVD, or blu-ray from Kmart in the last year?[/QUOTE]

I bought a couple of DVDs from Kmart for 3 bucks each a few months ago. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']I bought a couple of DVDs from Kmart for 3 bucks each a few months ago. :D[/QUOTE]

Were they being sold in the electronics section or up front by the registers?

[quote name='GBAstar']Were they being sold in the electronics section or up front by the registers?[/QUOTE]

They had a bin back in electronics.

[quote name='GBAstar']Wow. Nice logic. Because I don't think Kmart does a good enough job moving "stale" titles then I must be a resller. :roll:

Hi. My name is GBAstar. I live in Bangor, ME and I'm a resller :roll::roll:

Let me fill you in on Central Maine. This is what we have available for big box retailers.

1 TRU; next closest 120 miles
1 Best Buy; next closest 80 miles
1 Kmart; next closest 60 miles
2 Walmarts within 30 miles.
2 worthless gamestops within 60 miles.

Do I hit clearance sales? Sure. Do I have an eBay account? Yes. Do I know the resale value of video games? You bet...

Here's another secret. Just because I work overnights and have the luxury of being able to browse these threads during my shift and I happened to contribute to the Black Ops Prestige thread doesn't mean I'm a reseller. Any idiot can tell you that a game which is 90% of retail and sells for much more above retail is a a smart investment. You don't have to be a "reseller" or a "hoarder" to know that buying multiple copies of that game will present a golden opportunity. I will be able to supplement my gaming budget for months of that deal alone.

And to be honest I sell more items from Staples then I do the rest of the box stores combined.

But let's continue to keep our rose colored glasses on and assume that anyone that has constructive criticisms of Kmart "must" be an eBay reseller.

Tool.

Edit: And if you think I'm wrong in my assessment tell me this; what do you think will happen to all these copies of Dead Rising 2, Castlevania, Mario Sports Mix, etc over the course of the next year? They will continue to sit at $29.99+ and take up space with the rest of the over priced junk. People don't want to buy games that are almost a year old at $30+. Period.

Also, people don't want to buy music CD's at $14.99 or DVD's at $17.99 but apparently Kmart thinks that is a good idea too and commits two dedicated aisles to doing so at my Kmart which takes up roughly 1/5 of the entire electronics department but that is another issue entirely.

Honestly..... has anyone here but a music CD, DVD, or blu-ray from Kmart in the last year?[/QUOTE]

That response seemed overly defensive, just sayin.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That response seemed overly defensive, just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Why shouldn't I be defensive? I understand their are several Josh Deane man crushes going on in this thread but I have been nothing but positive in my criticism and suggestions towards Kmart. Sometimes it isn't even worth posting in this thread because the only two types are posts that are considered acceptable are the ones where users bash their in store experience or cuddle up to SHC-Gamer.

To try and discredit me with "red scare" tactics by labeling me as a reseller because I happened to frequent and contribute to the Black Ops Prestige thread AND also suggested to help clear out stale games by dropping their price is even more retarded.

I don't know what's worse... the Kmart fanboy love or the denial that this has been a bad month.

I know their haven't been many "hot" new releases but other retailers have had sales and other retailers have moved games.

That's all I'm trying to say.

[quote name='GBAstar']Why shouldn't I be defensive? I understand their are several Josh Deane man crushes going on in this thread but I have been nothing but positive in my criticism and suggestions towards Kmart. Sometimes it isn't even worth posting in this thread because the only two types are posts that are considered acceptable are the ones where users bash their in store experience or cuddle up to SHC-Gamer.

To try and discredit me with "red scare" tactics by labeling me as a reseller because I happened to frequent and contribute to the Black Ops Prestige thread AND also suggested to help clear out stale games by dropping their price is even more retarded.

I don't know what's worse... the Kmart fanboy love or the denial that this has been a bad month.

I know their haven't been many "hot" new releases but other retailers have had sales and other retailers have moved games.

That's all I'm trying to say.[/QUOTE]

You've been repeatedly given the reasons for why this month is a slow month deal wise, yet you and others keep whining about it. This is why you and the other morons get attacked by the K-Mart "fanboys."

It's a slow month for K-Mart, we get it. Josh gets it. Do you really think it's going to be like this every month? Do you guys even think your suggestions are things that Josh or the K-Mart team haven't considered before?

I'd rather we go back to the conversation about Catherine.

And if someone called me a reseller, I wouldn't post paragraphs about where I live and my history in an attempt to prove him wrong. I would laugh and call him an idiot.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']
[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it...

:D/offtopic

Honestly though, WTF do people expect from Josh in the middle of July? Its the light season in gaming for a reason, i.e: Few new games are released.

[quote name='advanced']Now that you mention it...

:D/offtopic

Honestly though, WTF do people expect from Josh in the middle of July? Its the light season in gaming for a reason, i.e: Few new games are released.[/QUOTE]

You're right. nothing. I don't expect any gaming sales until the next AAA title releases. All retailers should take note and not even bother running promotions or advertising any sales whatsoever. Very solid thinking.

anyways ... JOSH! Get us a Kmart exclusive DLC costume pack for UMVC3

you got this!!!

if u can't then I'll still buy it at Kmart though =)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You've been repeatedly given the reasons for why this month is a slow month deal wise, yet you and others keep whining about it. This is why you and the other morons get attacked by the K-Mart "fanboys."

It's a slow month for K-Mart, we get it. Josh gets it. Do you really think it's going to be like this every month? Do you guys even think your suggestions are things that Josh or the K-Mart team haven't considered before?

And if someone called me a reseller, I wouldn't post paragraphs about where I live and my history in an attempt to prove him wrong. I would laugh and call him an idiot.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% right. The reason why this is a slow month deals wise is because their are no hot new releases and Kmart ONLY does deals on New Releases. Point taken.

Wait... wasn't that the point I was trying to make?

Good God man. That was all I was trying to point out for the last xyz amount of posts and yet everyone had to get all sensitive and defend josh and defend Kmart while I was never attacking them and I wasn't whining because Kmart isn't the end all in gaming deals but I was just trying to throw my observations out their.

Kmart is the ONLY retailer on this board that people defend when they don't have any sales.

I will start a self imposed "posting" ban on anything "non-deal" related until the next worth while deal starts which will most likely be Madden which I will not be buying from Kmart because Amazon is adding the $20 preorder bonus on the HOF edition which like every other collector's edition I'm sure my Kmart will not carry.

[quote name='GBAstar']You are 100% right. The reason why this is a slow month deals wise is because their are no hot new releases and Kmart ONLY does deals on New Releases. Point taken.

Wait... wasn't that the point I was trying to make?

Good God man. That was all I was trying to point out for the last xyz amount of posts and yet everyone had to get all sensitive and defend josh and defend Kmart while I was never attacking them and I wasn't whining because Kmart isn't the end all in gaming deals but I was just trying to throw my observations out their.

Kmart is the ONLY retailer on this board that people defend when they don't have any sales.

I will start a self imposed "posting" ban on anything "non-deal" related until the next worth while deal starts which will most likely be Madden which I will not be buying from Kmart because Amazon is adding the $20 preorder bonus on the HOF edition which like every other collector's edition I'm sure my Kmart will not carry.[/QUOTE]

And he was also gone in June, which meant he couldn't set things up for July.

And yes, K-Mart's business plan as of late has been to focus on new releases. You know this, yet you still whine that older games aren't being discounted? Do you think Josh is going to change the department's whole goal because GBAstar was upset with one month worth of deals? They have a limited budget and they'd rather use it on the insane amount of AAA games that are coming out in the fall rather than dropping $20 games to $10.

You didn't just "throw out your observations" because you've gotten into lengthy discussions about how shitty this month has been for K-Mart and so on and so on and so on. If you just wanted to "throw out your observations," you would have made a single post and not argued with everyone who responded to you.

But what do I know? I'm just a K-Mart fanboy who will do anything for the red.

GBAstar, while i agree with your kmart asessment of the months deals, josh dad did pass a way and hes now trying to get things back in shape. I think giving him time to recoup is just common sense and human decency. As far as me calling you a reseller, i see you constantly post in the yard sale thread and other threads about your pick ups. I think you also got like 3+ copies of black ops while a lot of us got none. I didnt get any cause everyone else was busy buying multiples. Why did you need 3+? Do you honestly think youre giving them all to friends and family? I do small flips now and then to get cash for games. Having 3 kids, and a husband who are fellow gamers quickly adds up. Regardless, let josh get the time needed to get back on his feet. He either gets moving into areas like bb, target, and others or he gets left behind.

[quote name='jer7583']this thread needs moderator attention badly.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The 'lack of deals' are driving people to flame wars. I almost bit on the GBAstar flame bait, but I had my fill with the Catherine goons. This will all subside soon though... hopefully.

[quote name='nzgc']anyways ... JOSH! Get us a Kmart exclusive DLC costume pack for UMVC3

you got this!!!

if u can't then I'll still buy it at Kmart though =)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he will be able to start locking down stuff like that when the pre-order system is in place? Man oh man would I love to see a pack with a Scarlet Spider alt, a Beta Ray Bill alt, a Classic "Dread"-less Rad Spencer alt, and a MMX alt for Zero and have it be exclusive to Kmart.

The MvC3 deal was intense and I am leaning towards buying Ultimate at Kmart if it is carried. The only thing that will affect me on this is the costumes though. I've never been a sucker for pre-order bonus BS, but that is because there was never a game to get me this hyped that had it. If the DLC costumes get put up on the XBL marketplace sooner than two weeks after the game is released, then I will get the game at Kmart (once again, if they carry it).

However, if the costumes are going to be exclusive and unobtainable for an unspecified time or if they say that pre-order people get them a month early or something, then my crazed fandom and blindless devotion will cause me to preorder at Amazon to keep and preorder at GS and BB to return after buying. It's a good thing the game is only $39.99 and not the full 60.
My devotion to Kmart is only 14 months old, while my Marvel vs Capcom love is going on 13 years. Sorry Josh....

At this point it might be easier to just have Kmart Gamer 7.0 make an early appearance than to try to clean this mess up. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why Kmart/Josh should really put some of the budget they blow on coupon deals into putting these deals they are making into the weekly circulars and I don't mean just a lil blurb about 'go to our blog to see the deals'.

People don't wanna be hassled to go to some random website to have to see the deals. They need it up in their face and out front and center where they can see it and put in clearly defined terms so they can understand it.[/QUOTE]
I find this reasoning somewhat odd. A decade and a half ago as a Cheap-Ass Teen, I would live by circulars as THE source for deal information. Today, I never touch them. It's far less hassle to go to a website.

As far as I can tell, the only ones who rely on circulars are those who simply don't use the Internet (mix of older generation and those who find it intimidating, nothing wrong with that) and the unfortunately uneducated employees who use it as a shield in an attempt to avoid doing their jobs.

Putting things in the circular doesn't place it "up in their face and out front and center where they can see it and put in clearly defined terms so they can understand it." The signs with the sale pricing and terms do this. The KMarts I visit always have these, and if someone's does not, this is what your store needs, not details hidden in the circular.

Pushing for things to be in the circular would be a detriment as there's a reported 4-week lead time. Forcing deals to be cemented a month in advance means that Josh can't be reactionary in his plans. The last time he put a gaming promotion in the circular, it bit us all in the ass. Getting Infamous with Infamous 2 was no longer appealing when, two weeks before it hit, PSN users were all granted the option to download it free. Josh revised the promotion, but due to it being in the circular, the Infamous 1 tie-in had to remain part of it, bogging down the deal as a whole.

I prefer when the deals can be adjusted right up to the last minute, personally.

This shit is unreadable. We need a seperate thread for the people who post here daily. Nearly all of them fill these threads up with useless shit.

Why can't we have a deal thread and like...fuck, a complaint thread or something. Then all the white knights can go there and argue with the people complaining, leaving the deal thread for deals.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'd rather we go back to the conversation about Catherine.[/QUOTE]
No matter how much you talk about it, Kmart still wont get it.

[quote name='GBAStar']Kmart is the ONLY retailer on this board that people defend when they don't have any sales.[/quote]
It is a completely different scenario. First, no other retailer has such a person in power releasing information and taking suggestions from our community for future deals. Second, there is an understanding. When the person that makes the deals is gone, did you really expect to see tons of "new" deals? I didn't. I expected deals which would refer to games released since the beginning of this year and that's what we received.

If the other retailers are so good to you, why not go get your deals from them?

[quote name='cheesebu']This shit is unreadable. We need a seperate thread for the people who post here daily. Nearly all of them fill these threads up with useless shit.

Why can't we have a deal thread and like...fuck, a complaint thread or something. Then all the white knights can go there and argue with the people complaining, leaving the deal thread for deals.[/QUOTE]

Bitching is inevitable, and bitching about bitching won't solve anything either. Having a complaint thread won't solve anything because people will still complain. Check out the gamestop TIV thread and see how many posts consist of "gamestop sucks". Also, there's also no one pointing a gun to your head telling you to read all these posts.

Oh by the way, are you in any way related to bredbu? :D

[quote name='chriscolbert']At this point it might be easier to just have Kmart Gamer 7.0 make an early appearance than to try to clean this mess up. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about a cleansing as well lol :)

August may see 7.0 and hopefully that will bring back the goodness.

[quote name='lordopus99'] Second, there is an understanding. When the person that makes the deals is gone, did you really expect to see tons of "new" deals? [/QUOTE]

And this is a flaw I see worthy of complaint. When you are a Fortune 500 company, should a whole section of your business collapse when *one* guy needs some personal time? That should be a gigantic red flag to SHC that they need to get Josh some help. Things come up in everybody's life once in a while. There need to be procedures/contingencies in place to deal with them.

Still anxiously awaiting what will happen in August & beyond.

I am not a madden nor ncaa fan, so i won't jumping on those deals.

But summer of arcade is running now! Bastion and insanely twisted shadow planet are on the top of my list.

So how about a deal on xbox point cards? Even make it a coupon for xbox purchases only. Or buy a point card and get one of those pop cap collections, konami collection, plants vs zombies, arcade unplugged, rez/lumines/EEE free...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Gears 3 deal, and Star Fox 3ds deals.

[quote name='hostyl1']And this is a flaw I see worthy of complaint. When you are a Fortune 500 company, should a whole section of your business collapse when *one* guy needs some personal time? That should be a gigantic red flag to SHC that they need to get Josh some help. Things come up in everybody's life once in a while. There need to be procedures/contingencies in place to deal with them.
[/QUOTE]

Just relax already. I believe they are hiring an assistant buyer and josh's absence due to personal issues was just bad timing. It's business and corporate america -- shit happens. Every department and position won't have backup at all times. And sometimes that bites you in the ass.

If people weren't talking about off topic stuff there would be nothing to discuss right now anyway.

Agreed. Plus some people don't understand the reason why Josh didn't put out any deals this month is because he suffered a personal tragedy in June. Therefore, there was a temporary halt in his work life. Give Mr. Deane a break for fucks sakes.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm thinking about a cleansing as well lol :)

August may see 7.0 and hopefully that will bring back the goodness.[/QUOTE]

Please do! I don't think I can stand to read this thread much anymore.

[quote name='vlv723']Agreed. Plus some people don't understand the reason why Josh didn't put out any deals this month is because he suffered a personal tragedy in June. Therefore, there was a temporary halt in his work life. Give Mr. Deane a break for fucks sakes.[/QUOTE]
Those people understand that (claim to understand at least), but then say silly things like "Why didn't someone else take over for him in his leave?".

He's not operating a nuclear power plant. It can coast by on MSRP auto pilot for a while.

We all know that if K-mart had run some sort of awesome deal while he was away, there would have been some problem somewhere in the line and nobody would have been around to take care of it, and we'd be hearing the same people complain about that.

Back on topic (kind of):
Josh - Any sleeper hits on the horizon? What's something your excited about that we may not be paying attention to now?

[quote name='Megatim81'], and Star Fox 3ds deals.[/QUOTE]

Has anything been said about a Star Fox 3DS deal? It's not on the main page as a planned offer. I know Josh said that they would have a big push on 3DS titles this fall but nothing specifically about this title.

[quote name='joshrocker']Has anything been said about a Star Fox 3DS deal? It's not on the main page as a planned offer. I know Josh said that they would have a big push on 3DS titles this fall but nothing specifically about this title.[/QUOTE]
$15 gaming coupon for Star Fox most likely. I am going to try and hit $15 for all the major Nintendo 3DS launches this year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$15 gaming coupon for Star Fox most likely. I am going to try and hit $15 for all the major Nintendo 3DS launches this year.[/QUOTE]
Wow, awesome deal there. Thank god Nintendo is not doing any soundtrack deals no more so I don't have to be rushing from store to store looking for the game on Sunday :lol:.

[quote name='nbballard']Those people understand that (claim to understand at least), but then say silly things like "Why didn't someone else take over for him in his leave?".

He's not operating a nuclear power plant. It can coast by on MSRP auto pilot for a while.

We all know that if K-mart had run some sort of awesome deal while he was away, there would have been some problem somewhere in the line and nobody would have been around to take care of it, and we'd be hearing the same people complain about that.

Back on topic (kind of):
Josh - Any sleeper hits on the horizon? What's something your excited about that we may not be paying attention to now?[/QUOTE]
I kind of think El Shaddai could be a bit of a sleeper, I'm trying to work something out to bring it in but we have so little business with Ignition that may be tough in the stores.

I really do not see many people talking about the reboot of Ace Combat, I am so stoked for that game.

El Shaddai does look like an interesting title, but its something I wont try at a 59.99 price point, with my steam roller of a game list that starts with Deus Ex it most likely wont see any attention till December at the earliest.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$15 gaming coupon for Star Fox most likely. I am going to try and hit $15 for all the major Nintendo 3DS launches this year.[/QUOTE]

Very cool! I'm looking foward to Star Fox, Mario Kart (most anticpated 3DS game for me) and Super Mario. Thanks for giving us the good news.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I kind of think El Shaddai could be a bit of a sleeper, I'm trying to work something out to bring it in but we have so little business with Ignition that may be tough in the stores.

I really do not see many people talking about the reboot of Ace Combat, I am so stoked for that game.[/QUOTE]

The only Ace Combat game I played was 6 and I loved it to death. Never been a fan of flight games, be they sims or arcade-y, but when I first saw a video for 6 and saw how great the graphics were, I wanted it.
I haven't really paid too much attention to the new one, but I will probably get it. The only thing I know about it besides the real-world locations is that the dude-bro'd it up with 'bleeding' planes and stuff.

I still need to try the demo for El Shaddai though.

If El Shaddai got picked up by Kmart, my purchase would require a tasty deal to go with it, because $59.99 looks like a bit more than what it should be IMO.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, awesome deal there. Thank god Nintendo is not doing any soundtrack deals no more so I don't have to be rushing from store to store looking for the game on Sunday :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Off topic alert!!

the soundtrack wasn't all that interesting to me. I received mine in the mail yesterday. If some more of the tracks were actually performed by an orchestra I may have enjoyed it more but, as it stands, it will will probably be put into my CD collection to collect dust.

[quote name='joshrocker']Off topic alert!!

the soundtrack wasn't all that interesting to me. I received mine in the mail yesterday. If some more of the tracks were actually performed by an orchestra I may have enjoyed it more but, as it stands, it will will probably be put into my CD collection to collect dust.[/QUOTE]Yeah I just got it because it was a collectable item. I haven't even opened mine.

I think that nails down where I'm going to get mine.

If you are in discussion with capcom for Umvc3 pre-order DLC at all just want to suggest an alt for amaterasu that looks like Mega Man's robot dog Rush. That would be great ;)

I'm super excited for Ace Combat Assault Horizon too josh. The trailers they've done look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back