Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally for me I think its game dependent.

There are some games that will come out with DLC down the road. And for those games (CoD MW3, GoW3, Uncharted 3) I think it would be a better deal to offer $15 plus a points card (provided they are instock!).

I rather actually see a discount on the point cards during those game's releases. Getting half off a point card and getting $20 coupon with purchase of a game is much more appealing to me. It allows me the option to get the point card at an excellent deal as well as continue my coupon train. Also factor in that its cheaper for you guys. $15 plus a points card is $35 instead of the potential $30 with what I'm suggesting.

As for games that are one off's or wont have heavy dlc focus I think the $25 coupon is just right.

To those who were hoping to use their OoT 3d coupon next week on something on sale, you'll have to think of something: Josh responded to my email in which I asked if there would be any deals next week, saying there won't be anything in terms of deals until the week of 8/7.

I'm probably going for either a $20 points card or a $20 clearance game I don't have yet for $5.

Either way is ok with me as the Kmart I go to actually has the points cards on SECURITY PEGS!! I was like WTF? They have $50 items not on security pegs and points cards, which have no value to either the store or the customer until activated, locked away like they will get stolen. ha!

$25 coupon. Why only get $15 off a new game when you could get $25? Sadly, looks like more love their virtual money.

After having a night to think it over, I think my changing my vote from "$25 coupon" to "$15 coupon w/ free $20 points card" might have been a little hasty. When buying games from Kmart in the past, I relished the idea of paying less than $40 for a new release, and paying $35+tax is preferable to paying $45+tax, at least to me.

In short, I'm changing my vote again (last time, I promise), back to my original "$25 coupon" decision.

[quote name='Buuhan1']$25 coupon. Why only get $15 off a new game when you could get $25? Sadly, looks like more love their virtual money.[/QUOTE]

You know what, I'm gonna change that decision to a $25 coupon as well. Coupon train starts at $59.99 then any new release that has a $25 coupon, I get it for $35.

I'll be more happy once you do coupons for PSN/XBLA cards like last year. Think it was $10 for $20 and $20 for $50.

[quote name='Enixbelmont']15+ 20 dollar coupon. Why would people say otherwise? I'm sure you can resell it for more.[/QUOTE]The free point cards or games can be a headache at some stores. The coupons are pretty much automatic.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

$15 gaming coupon + $20 points card
or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers[/QUOTE]

I vote for the $25 gaming coupon as it helps keep my total spending costs out of wallet down.

[quote name='Vigilante']To those who were hoping to use their OoT 3d coupon next week on something on sale, you'll have to think of something: Josh responded to my email in which I asked if there would be any deals next week, saying there won't be anything in terms of deals until the week of 8/7.

I'm probably going for either a $20 points card or a $20 clearance game I don't have yet for $5.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for something to spend my coupon on also. I had decided to use it on Pacman/galaga but Kmart won't have it in stock until after the coupon's expired. As of now i'm thinking a points card unless something really catches my eye in store.

Now what would be really cool is if somehow the deal could be set up so that if you have a points card in your transaction with whatever game the deal is on, you get it free and the $15 coupon and if you don't have the points card in there it generates the $25 coupon instead. That way if you don't want a points card or the store doesn't have any you get the bigger coupon.

Probably would lead to a lot of complaining about relative values and/or fraudulent emails to Josh about stores not having cards when they really do in an attempt to get a gift card though.

I vote $25 coupon. It helps keep out of pocket costs down and would allow me to buy more games. The points card would be really nice and I realize it's the better overall deal but my gaming budget has gotten smaller and the bigger coupon would allow me an extra purchase or 2.

[quote name='aznhero913']I vote for the $25 gaming coupon as it helps keep my total spending costs out of wallet down.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^ This.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Now what would be really cool is if somehow the deal could be set up so that if you have a points card in your transaction with whatever game the deal is on, you get it free and the $15 coupon and if you don't have the points card in there it generates the $25 coupon instead. That way if you don't want a points card or the store doesn't have any you get the bigger coupon. [/QUOTE]

Good idea. I could see it being a nightmare on the back end though. Coding the deals right etc. . .

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Now what would be really cool is if somehow the deal could be set up so that if you have a points card in your transaction with whatever game the deal is on, you get it free and the $15 coupon and if you don't have the points card in there it generates the $25 coupon instead. That way if you don't want a points card or the store doesn't have any you get the bigger coupon.

Probably would lead to a lot of complaining about relative values and/or fraudulent emails to Josh about stores not having cards when they really do in an attempt to get a gift card though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joshrocker']Good idea. I could see it being a nightmare on the back end though. Coding the deals right etc. . .[/QUOTE]

Hate flipping flopping with decisions. I did had concerns about the $15+Free XBL/PSN card. I can't keep emailing Josh all the time saying "hey, there's no cards so please send me a $20 gift card." And yeah, more work for them.

I know Josh and the team aren't responsible for purchasing them as they keep telling Ops to e-mail store-level management to order the cards but nothing positive happens.

It be easier to do the adjustable promo. If there's no psn/xbla card scanned, then print out a $25 coupon. Otherwise, a $15 coupon will print and you'll get some spacebucks on dlc/digital games.

$15 coupon + $20 points card. A $25 coupon isn't much better than the competition's likely $20 Video game credit. When you factor in variables like tax, gas and time I'm always going to take the package that gives the most bang for your buck.

EDIT: vlv723 makes a good point. If there aren't any cards stocked at your local K-Mart the deal becomes more of a hassle than it's worth. So only $15 coupon + $20 points card under the assumption that there are plenty of point cards in stock otherwise go $25 coupon.

I said before that I was for both on a game-by-game basis, depending on MP element (even though I don't really play MP too much, I figure it would be better for more people), but after thinking about it, I would rather see more $25 coupons than not. There are so many games coming out that keeping the costs down on each one would be more what I want I suppose.

[quote name='caponesgun']hai

I've been busy with work, i decided to go back into Law Enforcement so it's caused a little bit of resistance by those who don't like it. A DA has a boner for me so I had to have a little chat with him...the kind I hide in a corner with the lights out to begin. Him and I are cool now.

Apparently it's not "legal" for a basic cop to carry a glock 23 as his primary, so I'm already violating rules. Anyone in Michigan, don't do anything stupid..I'm back :booty:

But, yeah, I'll be back to CAG now. Had to settle some beefs in the main front, now it's gaming time :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I thought you said you were a cop before when you had sixteen guns on your person and the woman screamed and you had her arrested in the store.

You bore me.

If everyone talked about their professions on here, it would be so obnoxious.

Oh - I'd prefer the coupon plus points card, while I generally revile DLC and all that it brings to the gaming universe, I understand it is the way things are and are going to be from here on out.

josh, would the offer of $15 coupon + $20 in points apply to both online and in store? i'm also concerned about the points being in stock at my local kmart and surprised you cant check availability in a local store(unless im missing something)

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']That's weird, I thought you said you were a cop before when you had sixteen guns on your person and the woman screamed and you had her arrested in the store.

You bore me.

If everyone talked about their professions on here, it would be so obnoxious.

Oh - I'd prefer the coupon plus points card, while I generally revile DLC and all that it brings to the gaming universe, I understand it is the way things are and are going to be from here on out.[/QUOTE]

If he bores you, why do you know so much about him?

[quote name='Darknuke']I vote for the $15 coupon + $20 points card easily. That is worth far more than a $25 coupon[/QUOTE]

This. Plus I love those $20 point cards and use them all the time.

But honestly, I'm so happy that Kmart keeps bringing the deals that I'll be content either way.

I choose the $25 coupon option. There are a couple factors like stock and such but I would rather have new releases for $35 the day they come out. Its also much more enticing for customers I talk to when they see they can get MW3 for $35 the day it comes out just for buying Battlefield 3 and have an extra $XX.XX coupon after that for Halo Anniversary edition the next week. I wouldn't mind a points card deal every once in a while but definitely not for every deal. I mean if somebody plans on getting Battlefield 3, MW3, and Halo anniversary they will have $60 worth of points and will be busy from those games for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say the $25 coupon as well. With a new baby I'm more of a cheapassoutofpocketgamer for a while. And as others have mentioned, the inconsistency of stock that people report for cards takes away that concern if you do coupon-only.

I think the $25 will also move more stock of a game that doesn't quite hit AAA as expected. Couple weeks to a month after release when it's offered for $35-$40 for a week it would be a lot more tempting using a $25 coupon.

If Sony/Xbox is working on a deal with you for the point cards, then the $15 coupon and $20 card is probably a better deal for Kmart and obviously a better deal for the consumer. Like someone posted before, this brings the customer base to Kmart and Kmart exclusively, since very few (if any) places will price match that. However, while the $25 coupon is also a great deal, other places will honor that and probably copy it. My vote for the $15 + point card.

To the people saying that the $25 keeps out of pocket gaming costs down: How about gamers like me who make the most out of buying DLC and buying XBLA/PSN games? Getting $15 and a $20 card is more saved out of pocket than a $25 gift card since there's a good chance I'd end up buying a point card anyways with a coupon. Hell, if you don't want the point card, I'm sure you'd find somebody willing to paypal you $15 for a $20 point card meaning you'd get $30 total out of it anyways.
I guess I'd have to side with the people saying single player experiences get a $25 coupon and multiplayer heavy stuff gets the $15 and free points. But then we should factor in single player games that would probably receive a lot of DLC.
For example, a game like Mass Effect 3 would probably benefit from a free point card than a bigger coupon, but that's just my opinion.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']To the people saying that the $25 keeps out of pocket gaming costs down: How about gamers like me who make the most out of buying DLC and buying XBLA/PSN games? Getting $15 and a $20 card is more saved out of pocket than a $25 gift card since there's a good chance I'd end up buying a point card anyways with a coupon. Hell, if you don't want the point card, I'm sure you'd find somebody willing to paypal you $15 for a $20 point card meaning you'd get $30 total out of it anyways.
I guess I'd have to side with the people saying single player experiences get a $25 coupon and multiplayer heavy stuff gets the $15 and free points. But then we should factor in single player games that would probably receive a lot of DLC.
For example, a game like Mass Effect 3 would probably benefit from a free point card than a bigger coupon, but that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]Personally, I think a game as big as ME3 should have a better deal than either option--$20/$25 coupon w/ free $20 points card, or something like that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't we get $45 coupons with games? Stop being cheap, K-Mart![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking $45 coupon with free $30 point card and free ME2 and ME1. That's reasonable isn't it?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm thinking $45 coupon with free $30 point card and free ME2 and ME1. That's reasonable isn't it?[/QUOTE]

But what if we already have ME2? Then it'd just be another slap in the face by K-Mart.

[quote name='harveyiscool']If Sony/Xbox is working on a deal with you for the point cards, then the $15 coupon and $20 card is probably a better deal for Kmart and obviously a better deal for the consumer. Like someone posted before, this brings the customer base to Kmart and Kmart exclusively, since very few (if any) places will price match that. However, while the $25 coupon is also a great deal, other places will honor that and probably copy it. My vote for the $15 + point card.[/QUOTE]

Plus $20 points cards are easier to flip on ebay right?

[quote name='jer7583']Plus $20 points cards are easier to flip on ebay right?[/QUOTE]

Yawn....I'm glad you felt compelled to make a comment.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm thinking $45 coupon with free $30 point card and free ME2 and ME1. That's reasonable isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Make it a $20 game purchase and you have a deal!

In all seriousness, $15 coupon + $20 PSN card will get me buying Mass Effect game in a heart beat
Then again, I'm already getting it day 1 :D I want this game ASAP

[quote name='yahoosale14']......people flip/sell kmart coupons? :shock:[/QUOTE]

harvey was outed as an ebay seller with multiple items from kmart deals for sale after complaining about there not being enough deals in the last month. Pretty funny.

I like the idea of free points cards more, but I also worry about the stock issues at many stores and the headaches it would then cause you and your team to mail out replacement gift cards.

[quote name='spree4567']I like the idea of free points cards more, but I also worry about the stock issues at many stores and the headaches it would then cause you and your team to mail out replacement gift cards.[/QUOTE]
I'm worried about coupon issues.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

$15 gaming coupon + $20 points card
or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers[/QUOTE]

i dont know about anyone else but $15+ $20 points card sounds pretty dam good......since now on the PSN you can buy new full games (infamous 2)...hopefully they will keep releasing major titles on the PSN

maybe to keep both sides happy with the rewards card you get $15 + $20 game card....without rewards card you get the coupon

[quote name='harveyiscool']Yawn....I'm glad you felt compelled to make a comment.[/QUOTE]

And y is that, is it because you are ready to re-open your "store" if these points card deals comes through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back