Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Joartrak']so when does this voting stop and the deals begin heh Dead Island is right around the corner ^_^[/QUOTE]

voting began today lmao. plus, josh said aug 7 deals will come back :) yay (prob wit deus ex)

edit: sorry, first big deal would be deus ex i guess. i mixed it up wit SCT original (... most recent before its change?) release date

[quote name='jer7583']harvey was outed as an ebay seller with multiple items from kmart deals for sale after complaining about there not being enough deals in the last month. Pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny. I guess that explains why some people took the short coupon drought so personal.

[quote name='aleraiders']i dont know about anyone else but $15+ $20 points card sounds pretty dam good......since now on the PSN you can buy new full games (infamous 2)...hopefully they will keep releasing major titles on the PSN

maybe to keep both sides happy with the rewards card you get $15 + $20 game card....without rewards card you get the coupon[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Always go for the card, I got a deal like that from you guys last year on mass effect 2. That was great since it paid for my DLC after buying the game.

I cant wait to see your sky rim offer....oops sorry!

Well, since no deals have happened so far during the Zelda OoT coupon redemption period and it seems like none will happen by next weekend I just bought a surprise find at a local Kmart. This store had never really had any good clearance games but all of a sudden they dug out a bunch (from where I wonder?). So I picked up Fire Embled Radiant Dawn for $5 after the coupon. Not bad...

I was glad to get that rather than another MS Points/PSN card (which would have been my fallback purchase) as I still have plenty of those from other promos. And it seemed risky to wait for 3DS cards to show up.

[quote name='affa']points cards all the way. heck, I'd be first in line to buy Hello Kitty: Attack of My Little Pony if it gave me a $15 and a $20 PSN card.[/QUOTE]
The more I think about this concept, the better it sounds. Are you Hello Kitty trying to protect the Sanrio characters from the marauding ponies, or can you take up the mantle of the equestrian menace? If this is a 3DS game, I'm sold.

Variable deals where you get a coupon the value of which is dependent on whether there was a point card in the transaction to be made free do indeed sound excellent if it can be pulled off.

As for tailoring the offer to the type of game, I don't buy many games that offer DLC, so I'd hate to miss out on card offers because of my buying habits. I like having PSN cards ahead of sale prices or promotions on digitally distributed games, but I won't buy them at full price. I was glad for the Portal 2 card promotion.

$25 coupon and here is why. The one k-mart I go to has not had any PSN cards since January (could be longer for all I know).

I and I am sure many other CAG's don't want to have to e-mail Josh just because their store doesn't have PSN cards.

Big news about the 3DS with the price dropping to $169, no wonder we didn't see any system deals, as I could see Nintendo telling retailers to wait. They also list Super Mario 3D land (new name) as November and Mario Kart 7 (new name) as December. I was hoping MK7 would be out earlier, but I guess Skyward Sword and MW3 will tide me over. Also Kid Icarus is still being touted as Holiday, which really worries me, as I expected this to be out much earlier, and it seems to keep getting delayed, even with good impressions from the demos at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='martinez91']Big news about the 3DS with the price dropping to $169, no wonder we didn't see any system deals, as I could see Nintendo telling retailers to wait. They also list Super Mario 3D land (new name) as November and Mario Kart 7 (new name) as December. I was hoping MK7 would be out earlier, but I guess Skyward Sword and MW3 will tide me over. Also Kid Icarus is still being touted as Holiday, which really worries me, as I expected this to be out much earlier, and it seems to keep getting delayed, even with good impressions from the demos at E3.[/QUOTE]
An $80 price cut (1/3 the original price!) so close after launch says a lot about how the system is performing for Nintendo vs. their expectations. I'm sure the Vita, launching with much better tech for the same price didn't help either. This is the price it should've launched at originally, but I get the feeling Nintendo saw dollar signs in their eyes from the good first impressions and jacked up the price to what they thought people would pay. Smacks of arrogant greed coming off the success of the Wii and DS, but that's just me.

I think it'll do much, much better at this price point. Throw in a few deals especially around Black Friday and I think it'll be strong for this holiday, though its continual drought of software is worrying. We'll see. That's really too bad for early adopters though. I've never seen such a large price cut happen so fast (besides the original iPhone.)

I know a lot of customers that come in and say "250? I can get a wii for that", then proceed to buy the DSiXL. I think this price is perfect. And being a launch day owner myself I am not really upset as I got in a lot of time with it and also am getting 20 games, and some good stuff too like Mario Kart, zelda, mario bros, etc. Good stuff all around but I think the final straw for making the price cut happen was all the games that got cancelled/delayed/never started (saints row drive by). Either way this IS going to be a huge holiday for nintendo, I just think putting Mario Kart in Dec. is a bad choice...

I'm gonna get one, so it's cool that there are a bunch of 3DS deals on the way. Can't wait to get it though, so I can play DoA and SFIV on the go.

I was almost mad about the price drop, and then I saw the free GBA games (Metroid, Warioware, Yoshi's Island . . .)

Now I have to decide whether to buy one as a gift in the next two weeks then price adjust.

I posted something similar in another thread: While Nintendo's offer is nice, it's pointless to me because I either already have those games on old systems or don't want those games. Giving me back $80 would say more than throwing a bunch of free crap at me that I don't want.

[quote name='Achilles00']I posted something similar in another thread: While Nintendo's offer is nice, it's pointless to me because I either already have those games on old systems or don't want those games. Giving me back $80 would say more than throwing a bunch of free crap at me that I don't want.[/QUOTE]

They should have offered a $80 gift credit like the iphone.

[quote name='confoosious']They should have offered a $80 gift credit like the iphone.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that would have been cool. Heck, I think I'd be happier if they offered me 1000 Club Nintendo points instead. At least then I could pick up some stuff I would use.

Anyway, I like the 3DS and have been enjoying it. I think most of us knew that the $250 price tag was too much, so the only surprise here is how quickly the price dropped.

[quote name='confoosious']They should have offered a $80 gift credit like the iphone.[/QUOTE]
Personally I think you are right but from their perspective the amount of capital it is going to take to help markdown all of the 3DS inventory throughout every retailer in the world is such a massive adjustment I am not sure how they are even pulling it off.

[quote name='martinez91']Big news about the 3DS with the price dropping to $169, no wonder we didn't see any system deals, as I could see Nintendo telling retailers to wait. They also list Super Mario 3D land (new name) as November and Mario Kart 7 (new name) as December. I was hoping MK7 would be out earlier, but I guess Skyward Sword and MW3 will tide me over. Also Kid Icarus is still being touted as Holiday, which really worries me, as I expected this to be out much earlier, and it seems to keep getting delayed, even with good impressions from the demos at E3.[/QUOTE]
It really is an unprecedented move by any of the big 3. A price drop within the first 5 months and this aggressive......I'm actually really pleased by this adjustment.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It really is an unprecedented move by any of the big 3. A price drop within the first 5 months and this aggressive......I'm actually really pleased by this adjustment.[/QUOTE]

I think it's great news for everyone looking for a deal, and it will definitely help the market this holiday.

I do have to say I'm shocked they did it this early though. I guess I expected them to try to ride out one holiday and then drop it around March. That being said, I think everyone truly knew Nintendo had boxed themselves into a corner though. Vita at 249.99. Ps3's are only 299.99 and you can find some for around 200.00 Used if you are smart enough. Also, they have a new console coming out in 2012. Imagine they rode the 249.99 price and hypothetically they announced the Wii U at 299.99. Who would want to buy the 3DS at that point when you can get a brand new Hi Graphics box for 50 dollars more?

They just didn't have the perceived value in the majority of consumers eyes and this will help them tremendously. 179.99 is that sweet price point that justifies a shiny new toy. You step away from those high end console prices and suddenly this thing looks a lot more appealing.

[quote name='Phenomic']I think it's great news for everyone looking for a deal, and it will definitely help the market this holiday.

I do have to say I'm shocked they did it this early though. I think everyone truly knew Nintendo had boxed themselves into a corner though. Vita at 249.99. Ps3's are only 299.99 and you can find some for around 200.00 Used if you are smart enough. Also, they have a new console coming out in 2012. Imagine they rode the 249.99 price and hypothetically they announced the Wii U at 299.99. Who would want to buy the 3DS at that point when you can get a brand new Hi Graphics box for 50 dollars more?

They just didn't have the perceived value in the majority of consumers eyes and this will help them tremendously. 179.99 is that sweet price point that justifies a shiny new toy. You step away from those high end console prices and suddenly this thing looks a lot more appealing.[/QUOTE]

:shock: could the price point so close to the consoles mean the collapse of the handheld market?!?! i can't believe they priced their handheld at the same price as their console, though. how much did game boy colors and game boy advance/SPs go for(MSRP)?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

$15 gaming coupon + $20 points card
or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers[/QUOTE]

Just to put my two cents in, I'd prefer the $15 coupon plus points card.

Yeah. Offering 20 old games from 2+ gens back just seems weak. Sure, there's a lot of them, but if you've already played them (or worse, still own them, since the DS can still play them), then it does you no good. Early adopters are the most likely to be big Nintendo fans, so what are the chances they have all those classic games? Pretty high, I'd imagine. The handheld market will never get back the large casual audience it once had, so they need to focus on their fans and enthusiasts. Since enthusiasts tend to buy lots of software and adopt the new consoles first, their plans should be drawing them in more actively, not trying to appeal to a crowd that isn't really there anymore.

[quote name='yahoosale14']:shock: could the price point so close to the consoles mean the collapse of the handheld market?!?! i can't believe they priced their handheld at the same price as their console, though. how much did game boy colors and game boy advance/SPs go for(MSRP)?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, yes. I don't mean that as "FIRE AND BRIMSTONE WE'RE ALL DOOMED," but the handheld market will collapse to a degree. Think about how many people bought them for just a few games so they could play something on the go. These same people now have smartphones, tablets, or iPod Touches. What seems better, shelling out another $169 for yet another device, plus some $40 games, or just paying a few bucks for some cheap games on a device they've already bought? Those kind of handheld games are good enough for the huge casual crowd Nintendo hooked on the DS, before that all went mainstream. I think it'll be very hard for them to get that audience back.

There will always be a place for enthusiast handheld gaming devices, but the question is whether or not that market will be big enough in the future to sustain it. I have a feeling this will be the last big generation of handhelds. But who knows, honestly? I never would have predicted people would go for a huge iPod Touch, so there you have it.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Psst' Josh, you know if you had a 3DS sale (@ $170) the week before the price drop, it'd make a lot of people happy. : D[/QUOTE]

Doubt he would be able to get away with it even if we wanted to. Why does everyone on CAG want him to break bridges with the publishers. Nintendo is obviously going to go out of their way to secure that the exclusives stay exclusive to people who paid 249.99.

Case in point: Type 3DS Into Amazon. The Aqua Blue units now says something similar to Available for Preorder will ship out August 12th. Black units don't reflect this yet, but I expect it to happen at some point. Obviously this could also have something to do with the Amazon units being pulled and reviewed for defectiveness. (Strangely though it only seems to happen half the time I search for 3DS in the search bar.)

[quote name='Phenomic']Doubt he would be able to get away with it even if we wanted to. Why does everyone on CAG want him to break bridges with the publishers. Nintendo is obviously going to go out of their way to secure that the exclusives stay exclusive to people who paid 249.99.

Case in point: Type 3DS Into Amazon. The Aqua Blue units now says something similar to Available for Preorder will ship out August 12th. Black units don't reflect this yet, but I expect it to happen at some point. Obviously this could also have something to do with the Amazon units being pulled and reviewed for defectiveness. (Strangely though it only seems to happen half the time I search for 3DS in the search bar.)[/QUOTE]

Oh, lighten up. A suggestion is a suggestion (even lightheartedly), not a demand. It wasn't even a question, a simple no would suffice.

I would prefer a $25 gaming coupon over the offer with points card because of card availability and i don't buy much digital content.

Thanks for asking. I'm guessing this is geared towards mw3, bf3, uncharted 3, or gears 3.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Psst' Josh, you know if you had a 3DS sale (@ $170) the week before the price drop, it'd make a lot of people happy. : D[/QUOTE]
I doubt it will happen from a financial standpoint. IANABuyer, so I can't claim to know with certitude the financials behind it, but what I've gleaned is that Josh has to get publisher support for things like coupons or sales, to a certain degree, depending on time frame and value. With the 3DS, Nintendo will be protecting retailers against the drop in value through some financial magic. I don't think they'll look kindly on a sale they would have to support as well, and Josh won't have the budget to support an $80 drop on every 3DS sold that week. That'd be tens of thousands of dollars or more after all is said and done, and that's just not realistic.

However, I would expect Josh will do something when or soon after the 3DS drops to help give extra momentum as he likes to hit sales aggressively, so there's always that. At the worst, you'll only wait an extra week, so it's not so bad. :)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I doubt it will happen from a financial standpoint. IANABuyer, so I can't claim to know with certitude the financials behind it, but what I've gleaned is that Josh has to get publisher support for things like coupons or sales, to a certain degree, depending on time frame and value. With the 3DS, Nintendo will be protecting retailers against the drop in value through some financial magic. I don't think they'll look kindly on a sale they would have to support as well, and Josh won't have the budget to support an $80 drop on every 3DS sold that week. That'd be tens of thousands of dollars or more after all is said and done, and that's just not realistic.

However, I would expect Josh will do something when or soon after the 3DS drops to help give extra momentum as he likes to hit sales aggressively, so there's always that. At the worst, you'll only wait an extra week, so it's not so bad. :)[/QUOTE]

I was more joking, but I appreciate the thorough answer, and I think you're 100% correct. A deal post-price-drop would be the best way to hit the ground running on this since you know there will be an influx of buyers between now and late August.

3DS is a great system and $170 is a pretty fair price. Hopefully it drives sales and drives third party development.

The real problem is those fucking iphone games poisoning the handheld market. Who cares about quality?? ITS NINETY NINE CENTS, that's what's really important, right???

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I agree with what some people have said:
-Game with a a huge focus on online mulitplayer and DLC = $15 coupon/$20 points card
-Game that is SP only or has mulitplayer that no one will care about = $25 coupon[/QUOTE]

why are some people equating the game with whether or not they want a PSN/xbla card? you can use the PSN/xbla card for anything, not just DLC for that specific game. you can buy any number of fantastic single player, coop, or MP games, you can buy DLC for another game... i just don't get why the game being currently bought has any relevance to whether or not one can use a PSN/xbla card.

[quote name='affa']why are some people equating the game with whether or not they want a PSN/xbla card? you can use the PSN/xbla card for anything, not just DLC for that specific game. you can buy any number of fantastic single player, coop, or MP games, you can buy DLC for another game... i just don't get why the game being currently bought has any relevance to whether or not one can use a PSN/xbla card.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's pretty silly logic. I don't buy DLC for most games but I would want a points card with every coupon release.

[quote name='jaritter']hey josh, any upcoming deals on the new ps3 headset coming out in sept, and 3ds with its price drop to $169.99 on aug 12th?[/QUOTE]

To what ps3 headset are you referring?

Also, I think the handheld market is dead/dying at this point. As somebody else somewhat mentioned, the advancement of smartphones and tablets have essentially made 'handhelds' available to everybody. And when you can buy a $1.99 game on one of their marketplaces it makes it a whole lot more enticing. I understand those are just shovelware and super casual but I think it's going to cause an end to the handheld market. I believe the hardcore handheld games would sell better on XBLA, WiiWare, or PSN.

I also don't think that the $179.99 price is going to help the 3DS much. I think Nintendo has a problem not differentiating their hardware. With a DS, DSi, DS Lite, DSi XL, and 3DS it makes it very difficult for a consumer to casually walk into a store and purchase one. If a person with no knowledge of the DS were given those names, there is no way to tell which is the most current, powerful, best portable there. I actually think calling the WiiU the WiiU is going to end up hurting their sales because people aren't going to see it as a NEW console. We'll see.

if smartphone and tablet games become the only means of portable gaming that will be a very, very sad thing.

That's essentially like saying "well there's facebook games now that don't cost anything to play we should just stop buying 360/ps3 games which cost $60!!!"

[quote name='jer7583']The real problem is those fucking iphone games poisoning the handheld market. Who cares about quality?? ITS NINETY NINE CENTS, that's what's really important, right???[/QUOTE]
Well, to casual consumers, it sure is. I know it's hard to view this through the eyes of a non-gamer, believe me, but it's essential to understand why that market isn't flocking to the 3DS like they did with the DS, even setting aside the lack of novelty (glasses-free 3D isn't as novel or compelling as a touch screen was in 2004, simply by merit of the fact that 3D is already mainstream, glasses-free is showing up in other devices already, and nothing requires it, so there's lack of a compelling reason to get it that you can't get elsewhere.)

If someone doesn't buy games but a few times a year, why would you spend $180 on a console and $40 a pop for a few games when you could use your smartphone/tablet/iPod Touch you already own and for the price of a Starbucks get some good time-wasting games? Casual gamers don't want the same gaming experiences we do, so while Super Mario 3D will undoubtedly be great, casual gamers would just as easily be content buying Game Dev Story for a couple of bucks and get just as much entertainment value from it. I've found that my non-enthusiast gaming buddies care less about getting the best gaming experiences as much as just getting a gaming fix from whatever's available. And there are supposed to be some amazing games on the App Store/Android Marketplace, so it's no wonder dedicated handhelds have lost the casual market.

[quote name='affa']why are some people equating the game with whether or not they want a PSN/xbla card? you can use the PSN/xbla card for anything, not just DLC for that specific game. you can buy any number of fantastic single player, coop, or MP games, you can buy DLC for another game... i just don't get why the game being currently bought has any relevance to whether or not one can use a PSN/xbla card.[/QUOTE]
Because it ties in with the purchase in a relevant way. Sure, not everyone who buys COD will buy map packs with their card, but consider how many people would find it compelling to get a $15 coupon and essentially a map pack for free with their game? It's no different than putting marshmallows on sale on an end cap next to crackers and chocolate. It leverages items against one another to entice people to buy them.

[quote name='jer7583']if smartphone and tablet games become the only means of portable gaming that will be a very, very sad thing.

That's essentially like saying "well there's facebook games now that don't cost anything to play we should just stop buying 360/ps3 games which cost $60!!!"[/QUOTE]
That's not really the same at all though. For one thing, the scales are different. The content and scope of handheld games can be the same no matter the platform now (before mobile phone games paled in comparison to what a dedicated handheld could give.). Infinity Blade would at home as easily on the Vita as the iPad, but Facebok games by necessity can't offer the same types of experiences as full, AAA games on home consoles. All that's happening is that the casual market, which has always been a big part of the handheld market and only got bigger under the DS, has moved to a more accessible and versatile mobile platform. So the handheld market will be affected more by the demographic shift. But consoles inherently offer an experience that is as yet unmatched elsewhere in scope and features. It also helps that the enthusiast base is likely a much larger percentage of the overall console demographic than handhelds.

In short, the casual shift away from what was the only option for them will change things, but it will not kill it entirely. It will simply mean things will change and be different in the future. There will always be an enthusiast market though because enthusiasts spend so much money on games. It's the same reason the traditional theatre didn't die once movies came about, or the PC market didn't die once consoles reached relative parity.

Count me in as another for the $15 + $20.

I know PSN card isn't quite "same as cash", but neither is the coupon. I'll take $35 in value any day, over $25 in value.

I think the smart decision from now on would be buying a new release at Kmart and getting 20 free games. Take a page from Nintendo here, Josh. They know what's up.

Would have loved a deal on Catherine this week, I know its a niche game and all but judging the demo I am NOT paying retail price for this one.

Not a bad deal on gold in the flyer if your looking for points anyway. Buy a 1600 pts card get a 3 month card 1/2 price, buy a 4000 points card get 12 month card 1/2 price. Limit 1 per card, 1 card per transaction. july 31- aug 6

Facebook games are as close to home console games as iphone games are to real handheld games.

Smearing your finger around a touchscreen for an analog stick sure is great!

[quote name='jer7583']Facebook games are as close to home console games as iphone games are to real handheld games.

Smearing your finger around a touchscreen for an analog stick sure is great![/QUOTE]
Facebook games seem closer to PSN/XBLA games than actual full retail releases. I think iphone games are closer to handhelds. Still aways off for now but they'll move closer and closer pretty quickly I think.

There's a market for both handhelds and iphone right now but I think the iphone is going to increasingly take away from the handheld market as the tech gets better.

[quote name='jer7583']Facebook games are as close to home console games as iphone games are to real handheld games.

Smearing your finger around a touchscreen for an analog stick sure is great![/QUOTE]
I couldn't disagree more, but we'll agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not pretending that iPhone games control better, look better, or play better than games for a dedicated handheld. I'm only saying for a lot of casual gamers, they're good enough to supplement or replace traditional handheld games. And I think that's the differentiating key between enthusiast and casual audiences, regardless of what it's for. Simple crummy little digital cameras are good enough for most people, but enthusiast photographers use DSLRs. Avatar is good enough for most moviegoers, but film buffs watch Exit Through the Gift Shop. And so forth.

[quote name='confoosious']i like games on my iphone fine but it's nothing near as good as something on my DS.[/QUOTE]
Sure, I'll agree to that. I'm an enthusiast after all. But I'm simply saying that priorities for casual gamers aren't the same as ours. Good enough will do.

[quote name='sageridder']Not a bad deal on gold in the flyer if your looking for points anyway. Buy a 1600 pts card get a 3 month card 1/2 price, buy a 4000 points card get 12 month card 1/2 price. Limit 1 per card, 1 card per transaction. july 31- aug 6[/QUOTE]

link? what are the prices of a 12 month card originally???

[quote name='yahoosale14']link? what are the prices of a 12 month card originally???[/QUOTE]
It's in the print flyer for July 31st to August 6th. Checked kmart site but they don't have online version yet. original price of 12 month $59.99

[quote name='sageridder']It's in the print flyer for July 31st to August 6th. Checked kmart site but they don't have online version yet. original price of 12 month $59.99[/QUOTE]
I'm a fan of this one as well :) 8/7 will get posted early next week, I think it is saucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back