Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
went to kmart today to pick up uncharted 2 with my $20 coupon from la noire. turns out i couldnt get it because the game is $19.99 before tax...and i need to have a $20 purchase to use the coupon

so i just got that and heavy rain. still a great deal

[quote name='SPVietBoy']hmm... i should be able to stack coupons wit different offer ids right? anyway, sometimes im glad kmart doesnt get a whole lot of gaming business... i was able to pick up an infamous 2 hero edition :)[/QUOTE]

dayummm!!!

My store got 5 copies of the regular version.
It was sold out by tuesday afternoon....no I2 deal for me.

No Heavy rain for me this week. Both Kmarts here were sold out, then I called every store around me that would price match and not one store had it in stock at all.

[quote name='jer7583']he probably bought it before seeing the sales for next week, what do you care?[/QUOTE]
I was just asking out of curiosity and confusion. I didn't understand the reasoning behind the experience he was sharing, so I thought I'd ask. I'm not trying to be an ass, so please don't take it as such.

[quote name='EndersGamer']This is a little early, but I assume Kmart will not be getting Catherine on July 26?[/QUOTE]

Josh had stated that they will not be getting Catherine as it is too much of a niche title.

[quote name='aznhero913']dayummm!!!

My store got 5 copies of the regular version.
It was sold out by tuesday afternoon....no I2 deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Ahhm, sucks. the store that i went to still had an I2 hero edition, along wit like... 5-10 copies of I2, i havent even checked my regular store (just a few blocks away) i'm sure there's copies left (have yet to see any game get sold out... not even close lol)

I'm not saying anything BUT summer of arcade is just around the corner so if Kmart would do some points deals in the next few weeks I would be inclined to go there for my point card needs.

NCAA '12 is the only game I am 100% buying this summer when I just took a look.

I was 95% sold to going to Josh for it but now when I looked my retailer has a decent "bonus" when buying it. Gah.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pass on the release deal, there is a post release offer worth waiting for.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Looks I'll have something to use my Zelda $15 coupon for.

[quote name='Serpentor']I think someone should post a list of games K-mart is not carrying... Sadly no Catherine :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It's not all that exhaustive to be honest. It's most niche titles or high cost "collectors" editions. Even those are in some locations based on sales. Josh or stock-boy always says what will be carried. To my knowledge they've said two games won't be carried and neither of them have much market appeal in the states.

Hey Josh, I was wondering if you going to have kinect on sale or with a coupon before November? I would love to pick one up for Forza 4 using my reward card.

Red Faction: Armaggedon is really pretty fun so far.. rented it for a few days. I dunno about buying it but it's actually pretty good. More like the old PS2 games as far as pacing and setting though.

Looking to pick up some backlog but curious if Alan Wake is really $29.99? Not really much to bite on at my local Kmarts except maybe Alan Wake and Medal of Honor

So Josh, no inFamous 2 at my Kmart and I could not take advantage of this deal. I couldn't do the buy a gift card then buy it online like some have said because I wanted to spend my $20 coupon on it from LA Noire and it seems like I'm going to end up buying an old game. Is there anything I can still do?

[quote name='The_ZZ']So Josh, no inFamous 2 at my Kmart and I could not take advantage of this deal. I couldn't do the buy a gift card then buy it online like some have said because I wanted to spend my $20 coupon on it from LA Noire and it seems like I'm going to end up buying an old game. Is there anything I can still do?[/QUOTE]

Well as of now, the deal is DEAD. Same thing happened at my K-Mart, they were out of inFamous 2. So I told Josh about it and he said to order it online and send him the order confirmation number. Hope this helps!

Well, went in today and got in on the Infamous 2 deal. Surprised to see that they still had 6 copies there. More about using the LA Noire coupon than wanting I2 at this time.

Was going to wait to use the coupon on DNF since I enjoyed the demo, but I'm thinking it'll drop in price much sooner than I2.

Thanks for the deal Josh

In the end I can't wait for the day Josh can build a "store within a store" idea where we could really reserve pre-orders to ensure they had copies, had semi-knowledgeable sales people, etc.

Here is my story (Chicago land 6/11/11: Roosevelt in Central on way back from suburbs downtown trying to avoid the i290 traffic yesterday and 100% annoyed after seeing my awesome brother in law's wife :)
1. No one even at the counter in back
2. Most games looked at least 3 -12 months old
3. All behind a locked glass door
4. Finally found someone who said "dig around"

My patient wife and I dug and dug. We found in the back:
LA. Noire
Crysis 2
MotorStorm Apoc

And other recent games....

No infamous 2 (but they had the first one!) :(

Given I have the most awesome wife she wanted to keep digging. So we bought some KMART flavored H20 (good shit!!!!!) and just left to catch x-men.

Oh well, will wait for another deal. Still playing AC2: Brotherhood and Motorstorm :)

Thanks fro everything Josh. I hope this feedback helps you in your quest for dominiation over the Empire (GS).

sjc

Josh,

If you need more info on the exact store I can look it up for you. I also have the incredibly unhelpful sales person name. Not sure if you at that level yet - fixing broken stores. The one in the city has a really great manager but it is a pain to get to....

Hi, how do the gaming coupons work? Can they be used that same day? I think I'm going to pick up Zelda with the $15 gaming coupon and would like to use it on a 3DS points card...do they work on those and does Kmart have 3DS points cards in their stores now? Thanks.

[quote name='zeb06']Hi, how do the gaming coupons work? Can they be used that same day? I think I'm going to pick up Zelda with the $15 gaming coupon and would like to use it on a 3DS points card...do they work on those and does Kmart have 3DS points cards in their stores now? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Gaming coupons wont be active till the folllowing sunday when you buy one. Example buy Duke Nukem this week, coupon wont activate till next sunday.

They do work on points cards and I do not know if they have 3DS cards

[quote name='sjchmura']If you need more info on the exact store I can look it up for you.[/QUOTE]

The receipt (since you did buy some water) should have the store number within the first few lines, which would be the easiest way for Josh to id the store. He usually asks for negative experiences to be emailed so he can keep a solid record for when he addresses issues.

[quote name='zeb06']Hi, how do the gaming coupons work? Can they be used that same day?[/QUOTE]

No. A coupon earned during one week's promotion (running Sunday through Saturday) cannot be used until the following Sunday.

The 3DS uses the same Nintendo point cards used for the Wii and DSi.

[quote name='DPsycho']The receipt (since you did buy some water) should have the store number within the first few lines, which would be the easiest way for Josh to id the store. He usually asks for negative experiences to be emailed so he can keep a solid record for when he addresses issues.

No. A coupon earned during one week's promotion (running Sunday through Saturday) cannot be used until the following Sunday.

The 3DS uses the same Nintendo point cards used for the Wii and DSi.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info...so they work on points cards. From what nintendo has said, only the specific 3DS labeled points cards will work for the 3ds eshop...older cards don't work they said.

[quote name='newslowsad']Time to go use my $20 coupon from L.A. Noire to get Dead Space 2 for $10. I'll report back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

I'm planning on picking it up later. Let us know if it rang up correctly at the register.

[quote name='zeb06']Thanks for the info...so they work on points cards. From what nintendo has said, only the specific 3DS labeled points cards will work for the 3ds eshop...older cards don't work they said.[/QUOTE]

Can you link that? I haven't bought any download software for my 3DS yet, though I did update to receive the store, the free Excitebike game, and some of the E3 videos. It looked like the shop format wasn't fundamentally different from the DSi one, but I can't actually say for certain.

Could be referring to the old clamshell cased point cards that were already active when purchased?

Good experience at Kmart this morning.
Took less than 5 minutes for an employee to help me, (the regular electronic guys weren't there), he rang me up and I got Red Faction: Armageddon for a total of $40.12.
The whole trip took less than 30 minutes.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the shelves were pretty bare, so I don't know if they just haven't restocked the games or not, but overall, great job!

[quote name='DPsycho']Can you link that? I haven't bought any download software for my 3DS yet, though I did update to receive the store, the free Excitebike game, and some of the E3 videos. It looked like the shop format wasn't fundamentally different from the DSi one, but I can't actually say for certain.

Could be referring to the old clamshell cased point cards that were already active when purchased?[/QUOTE]

On my phone but here's a forum post and gaming site article - http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/9255?tstart=0 and http://www.gamesradar.com/3ds/ninte...a-20110216145242854078/g-20100616102754448006

[quote name='DPsycho']Can you link that? I haven't bought any download software for my 3DS yet, though I did update to receive the store, the free Excitebike game, and some of the E3 videos. It looked like the shop format wasn't fundamentally different from the DSi one, but I can't actually say for certain.

Could be referring to the old clamshell cased point cards that were already active when purchased?[/QUOTE]

zeb06 is correct. The 3DS has specific point cards and the Wii/DSi ones do not cross over with it.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...=eshop&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-eshop-requirements

It's the fourth topic under "Nintendo eShop Information".

EDIT: Ha beat me to it! either way here it is straight from nintendo's website too

Has there been any confirmation on the post launch offer of Alice: Madness Returns?

Debating on keeping my $44.99 pre-order on Amazon or waiting a week and getting it at K-mart when I pick up Shadow of the Damned.

[quote name='aznhero913']Thanks!!

I'm planning on picking it up later. Let us know if it rang up correctly at the register.[/QUOTE]

Im headed there in the next half hour to get Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2. I'll post results then.

Edit: both rang up @ 29.99 just fine. Unfortunately the cashier spent 20 minutes calling everyone in the store just to see if they were having any problems with the coupons. This was before she even tried the coupon. Eventually she pulled out some binder and asked me if i got the coupon from Duke Nukem. I finally told her just scan the barcode and it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kazoo22']Has there been any confirmation on the post launch offer of Alice: Madness Returns?

Debating on keeping my $44.99 pre-order on Amazon or waiting a week and getting it at K-mart when I pick up Shadow of the Damned.[/QUOTE]

Josh told us that alice will have the same discount in the same time frame as portal 2

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Josh told us that alice will have the same discount in the same time frame as portal 2[/QUOTE]

What is the same time frame? One person is saying two weeks while another is saying one.
I have it pre-ordered for $44.99 but if it's $34.99 the same week as Shadows of the Damned is released, I'll cancel my preorder and pick it up at Kmart instead.

The second week after release, alternately one week after the initial promotion ends. Both describing the same.

Josh has very specifically only referred to it as being the "same deal and same timeframe as Portal 2" meaning that he can't come right out and announce it, but you have enough to put it together.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I'm really sorry if its not:
I just signed up for the kmart rewards card, I'm not sure what to do next in order to get the kmart gamer coupons or deals. please help.

[quote name='lml417']Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I'm really sorry if its not:
I just signed up for the kmart rewards card, I'm not sure what to do next in order to get the kmart gamer coupons or deals. please help.[/QUOTE]

Read over the first page of the thread.

Jumped on Dirt 3 and Medal of Honor at those prices. Really losing patience at my local Kmart (Moorestown, NJ) though, waited a good 30 minutes for a fucking rep to get unlock the cabinet and had a similar experience last week when picking up GoW 3 & Heavy Rain.

I know not many in here care about clearance(gaming or otherwise), but since we no longer have a dedicated Kmart clearance thread I figured I'd mention this in here.

I noticed a Magnavox Blu-Ray player on clearance today when I stopped into the local Kmart to pick up some other stuff.

Model number started with BDP, but I didn't catch the numbers.

It was $50-ish, down from $179.99.

Sears also has 2-3 BR players on clearance for between $70-90 as well right now, with brands ranging from Toshiba to Sony.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Does anyone know if k-mart will have duke nukem forever at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Even if they do, I don't believe the coupon offers start until 6 AM when the system resets.

Josh, we don't get the same circular ads in Hawaii. Every other coupon or price reduction works ok however. Do you think the xbox slim coupon would work here even though it's not on our ad this week. Hard to believe they would have a separate ad update from everywhere else when most other stuff works ok.

josh can you confirm? or anybody confirm?

if PC version of duke nukem will be in stock? and if the $20 gaming coupon deal apply to this as well.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back