Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newtype06']curious as well since I'm looking for a solid/good deal with Shadows of the Damned.[/QUOTE]I think the $15 coupon with Shadows of the DAMNED next week is a pretty solid deal, especially once I bring it down to $40 with my Infamous 2 coupon. ;)

[quote name='nbballard']So Josh- Back to DNF. Based on your fears Tuesday afternoon, howe did the title sell?[/QUOTE]

yeah what this guy said.

[quote name='ssr']Just got an email stating that KMart is having one of it's SYWR promotions. This Saturday earn 5000 SYWR points for every $50 you spend. It's only available at participating stores but I got a list of the participating stores for this promotion so I'll post it as a link here.

http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/6 18 K...MemberEventKU3R50A&eml=107883114&ruid=1003920 [/QUOTE]
I just got off the phone with SYWR customer service and there are 3 different SWYR points offers this Saturday:$75, $50, and $30 or $40(can't remember which it was) A certain percentage of stores are participating in each offer with some stores not participating at all. So if you don't find your store on the list above for the $50 your store may still be participating in the $75 or $30/$40 offer.(sorry I don't have links to those lists because I didn't get the email)

I was also told that:

1. Anyone who is a SYWR bonus member (opted in to receive emails) can receive the bonus points even if they did not receive the email.

2. Even though it may read like it every $50 you spend, it's not. If you spend $150 in a single transaction would only only get 5,000 points. But if you split that up into 3 $50 transactions you would get 15,000. (Max is 3 per account)

And I still can't find out any new info about the buy a game console before June 30 and get 5,000 points on future game purchases offer. Here is a link to the email I received. (It's pretty vague on the details)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64157746@N06/5840930592/

[quote name='AcidRain25']I just got off the phone with SYWR customer service and there are 3 different SWYR points offers this Saturday[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. All the various bits of info were rather confusing.

It's a pity this doesn't overlap with the Zelda release. I would've grabbed an extra PSN card or something to hit the tier.

[quote name='nbballard']So Josh- Back to DNF. Based on your fears Tuesday afternoon, howe did the title sell?[/QUOTE]

Well going by the few post I seen in the Gamestop thread of people getting it as part of the B2G1 Free promotion going on I would say terrible or people must really hate the game.

Josh, quick question about the Transformers offer for next week: is the comic book packaged with the game or a free-floating promo item that we have to ask for at the counter?

Went to Kmart w/ a local CAGer tonight and found a couple surprises.
First none of the clearance games we tried were ringing up their appropriate clearance prices(we went there for the socom confrontation bundle) and we found a copy of MK T.E....

Didn't even know Kmart carried this!!!

[quote name='aznhero913']Went to Kmart w/ a local CAGer tonight and found a couple surprises.
First none of the clearance games we tried were ringing up their appropriate clearance prices(we went there for the socom confrontation bundle) and we found a copy of MK T.E....

Didn't even know Kmart carried this!!![/QUOTE]
Was it stickered with a yellow clearance sticker? Or even stickered with a correct price?
The old "clearance list" with all $**.97 prices were NOT in the system as clearance. They were in the system as a sale price, which are activated automatically. That's why you used to be able to get the right price even in the shitty stores where they weren't marked correctly.
Recently (earlier this week I think) the sale ended and everything moved to the clearance system. Those prices have to be manually activated by someone. Good luck with that if it's a shitty KMart. My advice would be to email Josh the store info so he can jump down some throats if it isn't done by the start of next week.

[quote name='KemperJones']Sent you an email a few minutes ago, Josh. Hoping you can help me get a new copy of a digital receipt so I can do a return. Thanks to getting Dead Space 2 w/the included Extraction for $20 at Sears, I no longer need the unopened copy of it for Wii that I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
If you used your SYWR card, just use that to return it. You don't need a receipt to return stuff bought with a SYWR card.

[quote name='mguiddy']Was it stickered with a yellow clearance sticker? Or even stickered with a correct price?
The old "clearance list" with all $**.97 prices were NOT in the system as clearance. They were in the system as a sale price, which are activated automatically. That's why you used to be able to get the right price even in the shitty stores where they weren't marked correctly.
Recently (earlier this week I think) the sale ended and everything moved to the clearance system. Those prices have to be manually activated by someone. Good luck with that if it's a shitty KMart. My advice would be to email Josh the store info so he can jump down some throats if it isn't done by the start of next week.

If you used your SYWR card, just use that to return it. You don't need a receipt to return stuff bought with a SYWR card.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about emailing Josh( I hate the idea of losing another ten bucks of gas in case they don't update the system/prices)... we actually went out of our way to get to that kmart(30 minutes each way)... I showed the cashier and floor manager a digital receipt of my purchase from a few weeks ago the same item but she kept insisting that it was a sale item at the time. I didn't even bother showing her CAG Kmart clearance list

It didn't have the clearance sticker on it but neither did my regular store which I went to so I could fulfill CAGers requests from a couple weeks ago for the socom confrontation bundles.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Tell him you never received the card and that you can use your phone number and PIN number. You will be prompted to type the PIN on the keypad and everything will work fine. There is no doubt that this can be done (this is the only way I've ever done it since I never received a card either) and if he tells you otherwise it is either his first day or he is being a jerk. Get a manager involved if you have to.[/QUOTE]

I was never asked for a pin when I made my account. :cry:

[quote name='Tonnous24']I was never asked for a pin when I made my account. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You should be able to (re)set it through the website while accessing your account.

I was wondering if I can use $20 gaming coupon from L.A. noire and my 18000 reward points together to get Alice? I went today to pick up Alice and the store cashier used my rewards points then told me I couldn't use the gaming coupon,then proceeded to throw it away???? I quickly said wait my coupon didn't work he said ya cause you used your reward points,and asked if I wanted my coupon back,I told him hell ya I did,I believe he was trying to steal my gaming coupon.After that he was like well I can void your reward points and use coupon, but after his shadiness on trying to swipe my gaming coupon I was like nah just give me my game and I'll hold on tight to that $15 gaming coupon too! I was trying to pick up Alice for $22 but didn't work out that way.I got two gaming coupons now though but wish I could have used the $20 one on Alice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']You should be able to (re)set it through the website while accessing your account.[/QUOTE]

I can't even do that. The only info they took from me was my name, phone number, and email. I never got a password or pin set up, and when I try to get it to send me my password through email it says there are multiple account tied to the email.

I'm so confused lol

[quote name='chicho13_420']I was wondering if I can use $20 gaming coupon from L.A. noire and my 18000 reward points together to get Alice? I went today to pick up Alice and the store cashier used my rewards points then told me I couldn't use the gaming coupon,then proceeded to throw it away???? I quickly said wait my coupon didn't work he said ya cause you used your reward points,and asked if I wanted my coupon back,I told him hell ya I did,I believe he was trying to steal my gaming coupon.After that he was like well I can void your reward points and use coupon, but after his shadiness on trying to swipe my gaming coupon I was like nah just give me my game and I'll hold on tight to that $15 gaming coupon too! I was trying to pick up Alice for $22 but didn't work out that way.I got two gaming coupons now though but wish I could have used the $20 one on Alice.[/QUOTE]

Get Josh or another CAG to give you first hand experience on this but I feel like I've heard other people on here say that they have used both in a single transaction. I never have just because of timing but I'd be pretty upset that I couldn't. I see no reason that they both wouldn't work in one transaction. I'd say that guy was either ill informed or attempting to take your gaming coupon.

[quote name='chicho13_420']I was wondering if I can use $20 gaming coupon from L.A. noire and my 18000 reward points together to get Alice? I went today to pick up Alice and the store cashier used my rewards points then told me I couldn't use the gaming coupon,then proceeded to throw it away???? I quickly said wait my coupon didn't work he said ya cause you used your reward points,and asked if I wanted my coupon back,I told him hell ya I did,I believe he was trying to steal my gaming coupon.After that he was like well I can void your reward points and use coupon, but after his shadiness on trying to swipe my gaming coupon I was like nah just give me my game and I'll hold on tight to that $15 gaming coupon too! I was trying to pick up Alice for $22 but didn't work out that way.I got two gaming coupons now though but wish I could have used the $20 one on Alice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssr']Get Josh or another CAG to give you first hand experience on this but I feel like I've heard other people on here say that they have used both in a single transaction. I never have just because of timing but I'd be pretty upset that I couldn't. I see no reason that they both wouldn't work in one transaction. I'd say that guy was either ill informed or attempting to take your gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]That is extremely shady on the employee's part. You most definitely can use a gaming coupon along with your SYWR points. I've done that myself with zero problems. Your SYWR points are not a coupon. Those points are credit that you have earned from past transactions.

[quote name='robodaddyo']That is extremely shady on the employee's part. You most definitely can use a gaming coupon along with your SYWR points. I've done that myself with zero problems. Your SYWR points are not a coupon. Those points are credit that you have earned from past transactions.[/QUOTE]
Ya I think he knew what he was trying to do.I seen a tomb raider trilogy so I'll just use the $20 gaming coupon on that.Thanks for letting me know it's OK to use SYWR points and gaming coupons together, I'll know for next time.

So this weekend, it's like getting a $20 coupon for Alice! I was going to wait for the post-launch sale, but now...I got off the coupon train a while ago, must resist.

[quote name='aznhero913']I don't know about emailing Josh( I hate the idea of losing another ten bucks of gas in case they don't update the system/prices)... we actually went out of our way to get to that kmart(30 minutes each way)... I showed the cashier and floor manager a digital receipt of my purchase from a few weeks ago the same item but she kept insisting that it was a sale item at the time. I didn't even bother showing her CAG Kmart clearance list

It didn't have the clearance sticker on it but neither did my regular store which I went to so I could fulfill CAGers requests from a couple weeks ago for the socom confrontation bundles.[/QUOTE]
My question about the clearance stick was just to see if they had activated the PLCs yet.
Sad thing is, they were right.
On the receipt it'll have an "A" next to the price which means it was set up as an Advertised Sale.
Sucks that it was set up that way.
One thing you could've tried, have them scan it with an RMU. It should tell them that there's a pending clearance PLC for the item.
No guarantee that would've worked though.

[quote name='PaulDE01']Is it confirmed that Alice deal for 34.99 will start next week?[/QUOTE]

Jeez, and I just bought Alice there. I figured it'd be longer than the week after release for a $25 price drop. If Alice is $34.99 next week, I'll have to return the one I just got (it's unopened still) and rebuy it.

SHC-Gamer has [post=8535780]confirmed[/post] the post release deal for Alice as:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Same time frame and discount as portal[/QUOTE]

Looking at the older KmartGamer.com blog, Portal 2 was released April 19th then had it's post release discount nearly two weeks later on May 1st for $34.99. So it would seem that Alice would be $34.99 starting the 26th.

Josh, are any deals planned for 3DS hardware? I didn't need one at launch, but after that E3 showing, this is the year.

[quote name='nnthomas']Alice post-offer hasn't been revealed yet.[/QUOTE]

While not officially so, Josh has said for weeks now that Alice would have a similar deal that Portal 2 had, which was to say $34.99 two weeks after release. I'm sure EA didn't want him coming out saying it so that was his way of letting us in on it.

Okay, it's been a while since I've done one of these Kmart deals.

Are they still doing the thing where they won't sell Sunday-release games (OoT3D, for example) until Tuesday?

[quote name='takotchi']Okay, it's been a while since I've done one of these Kmart deals.

Are they still doing the thing where they won't sell Sunday-release games (OoT3D, for example) until Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

They should be for sale Sunday if it's a Sunday release. If it's not, it's an issue with your particular store and not with Kmart in general.

[quote name='takotchi']Okay, it's been a while since I've done one of these Kmart deals.

Are they still doing the thing where they won't sell Sunday-release games (OoT3D, for example) until Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Only if they are too stupid to read theur own sunday ad flyer. It says available sunday in the ad.

That guy who had the problems with alice/rewards/coupons should absolutely email josh so that store can get a nice message from corporate about how they are dumbasses.

[quote name='mkelehan']Josh, are any deals planned for 3DS hardware? I didn't need one at launch, but after that E3 showing, this is the year.[/QUOTE]
I really want to hit the 3DS but I have a feeling I will have to wait to go after it hard core this fall.

Hey Josh, random question but I'm curious. In a case like DNF where the game is panned and thus sales (likely) aren't very strong, what protections do Kmart or other retailers have? I could see where a lot of hype for a game that ends up being terrible could lead to more copies being brought in than could realistically be sold, even through the normal price drop and clearance cycle. What does a retailer do, in that case? Do they have to eat the loss on the extra stock that isn't selling, or what? Just curious.

Seems like there have been a lot of high-profile, hyped games that really end up below expectations (DNF, Alice, and Brink jump to mind.) I imagine that has to be frustrating. Though you'd think when the press preview these games, they'd point out how bad they are rather than glossing over everything. I doubt DNF suddenly went from passing to terrible overnight, so I'm still scratching my head over some positive previews I've read contrasted with those outlets reviews.

I heard that kmart is having some kind of Zelda deal. If this is right can someone give me a link to where it says that, because i cant seem to find anything about it. Thanks.

[quote name='giancarmen']I heard that kmart is having some kind of Zelda deal. If this is right can someone give me a link to where it says that, because i cant seem to find anything about it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If only the first page had a list of deals, that would be a great idea.

[quote name='spree4567']They should be for sale Sunday if it's a Sunday release. If it's not, it's an issue with your particular store and not with Kmart in general.[/QUOTE]

Hardly. I've read of people having the same problem many times in the Kmart threads. I've seen the issue twice personally, at two separate stores.

Anyway, if it's in the ad, that's good. They can't argue with the ad... at least not very well.

[quote name='takotchi']Hardly. I've read of people having the same problem many times in the Kmart threads. I've seen the issue twice personally, at two separate stores.

Anyway, if it's in the ad, that's good. They can't argue with the ad... at least not very well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can. Is what they say is "we must have sold out". Whether they will go with that excuse if you show up when they open, I don't know. I would be SHOCKED if the store I go to would have any Sunday releases out when they open, though, so I don't even bother trying.

Well, if my usual store won't cooperate, I'll just hit another one. I'm taking a trip Sunday and there's more stores on the way.

[quote name='Tonnous24']I can't even do that. The only info they took from me was my name, phone number, and email. I never got a password or pin set up, and when I try to get it to send me my password through email it says there are multiple account tied to the email.

I'm so confused lol[/QUOTE]

In that case, you need to get on the phone with them. I had an issue where my card and my email were never properly attached to one another, and the person I talked to was able to pull up both on his system and attach them in an instant. I just had to confirm my phone number and maybe something else. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of resolution.

[quote name='takotchi']Anyway, if it's in the ad, that's good. They can't argue with the ad... at least not very well.[/QUOTE]

Josh has confirmed that the ad for next week clearly states that Zelda is available Sunday, so we have that going for us.

I opened a "cardless" SYWR account at my local Kmart. I tried to register the account online but it's asking me for my card number. What number am I supposed to enter there? I tried my phone number but it wouldn't take and is asking for 16 digits.

I've used my phone number at the store to get a few gaming coupons so I know my account is working properly.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is a $50 gift card with the Black Ops bundle that will start 6/26 with choice of 2 select greatest hits games. :)
[/QUOTE]

Tempting... when will the details on the "select" games be revealed? Not until the weekend of the 26th, or any earlier?

[quote name='jaritter']heads up for father's day weekend take $5 off of $50 or more purchase with this coupon. I found it on swag bucks site.

http://www.gwallet.com/splash/kmartcouponV3/index.php?sid=49338900[/QUOTE]

Since this has been up since last night as has not been mod-deleted, is it safe to assume this is a legit coupon, not a forgery? If it's a fake, please feel free to delete this post, along with the original I quoted. Thanks.

[quote name='DJP519']Tempting... when will the details on the "select" games be revealed? Not until the weekend of the 26th, or any earlier?[/QUOTE]

I took this to mean the PS3 greatest hit titles. The ones have Sony discounted down to $30 I believe.

[quote name='joshrocker']I took this to mean the PS3 greatest hit titles. The ones have Sony discounted down to $30 I believe.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if it meant pick one out of two, or if it meant pick two out of a larger group.

Although I fear a quick price drop, I think I'm going to go for Eden (as a Father's Day present to myself) using the $20 coupon from L.A. Noire. Figure $30 and then I get another $15 gaming coupon. Can't go too wrong. And the $15 coupon is good for some $19.99 games I'd like to pick up.

[quote name='DJP519']Since this has been up since last night as has not been mod-deleted, is it safe to assume this is a legit coupon, not a forgery? If it's a fake, please feel free to delete this post, along with the original I quoted. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing but I could not find it on their website. The last official one I remember around Mother's Day was linked on the main Kmart page so I'm leery since there have been problems in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back