Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Being easy to finagle a gift card out of them is not the same as good customer service.[/QUOTE]
You are right about that, but believe me, when it happens it is passed down the pipeline or directly to the store manager about the situation. Being compensated for a bad experience and not having to beg for it means something to me, especially when you go back into the store and it hasn't happened since. GBAstar and I are thinking the exact same way here.

I am not trying to convince anyone that Kmart is a bad place to buy video games, because it is a very good place. I just can't imagine that the majority of people are going to go there when other places are offering very comparible deals as of recent. The coupon train is a great idea, but when there is a 3-4 week lull in deals that top all others, that coupon train comes to a halt real fast.

I think it is very amusing how there are a couple die hard Kmart fans that see absolutely no faults. Blind allegiance = great phrase.

If your Kmart store is taking part in one of the 3 bonus offers today, I can confirm that the bonus points do stack. I called SWYR customer service to find out if my store was participating in one of the offers and they were doing the 4,000 bonus points for $40 spent. Then I was told that if I spent $200 in one transaction I would only get 4K points and I would have to do separate transactions to get more points but I just bought a Xbox 360 4GB for $199 and got 16K points. I also can confirm that the $5 off $50 spent coupon that was posted earlier works also.

So in 2 separate transactions I bought Xbox 360 4gb and Child Of Eden+ pack of gum to push it over the $50 mark, then used 2x father's day coupons to save $10 for a total of $256.18 after tax. Then I got 31412 SYWR points (29000 bonus + 2412 Base) and $75 in gaming coupons ($60 + $15)

Of note, out of the 29000 bonus SYWR points 5000 were from this offer (only members who got the email can participate) http://www.flickr.com/photos/64157746@N06/5840930592/

[quote name='GBAstar']If...

If they carry the title...

If they have it on the shelves on Tuesday (or whatever the release days happens to be)...

If they have more then 4 copies of it....

Their are so many "polar" cheerleaders on this site. Those that have blind allegiance to Kmart and then those that come on here to instigate and put down.

I have gotten so many AMAZING deals because of this thread and Josh so I'm certainly not trying to be a jack@ss but I'm just noticing that because other stores are trying harder to compete and match/beat Kmart's deals and because Kmart is continue to have the same customer service problems (just read this thread on a Tuesday) it just might not be enough[/QUOTE]
A lot of truth here but I dont actually see the competitive market yet from a deal perspective. That said, the new store test that is launching in Chicagoland this month that hopefully spreads out to the rest of the chain soon, the new site and Aug. update that will become our main focus, some more trade in options potentially launching this summer as well. We are not sitting on our hands just thnking deals alone will turn this around. I saw a comment that we have had more than enough time to fix this thing but I havent even been here more than two years. We are actually ahead of where I thought we would be when I launched this 5yr plan. To change a 50billion Corp that really has never been relevant in this genre is not a year or even a two year project.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']A lot of truth here but I dont actually see the competitive market yet from a deal perspective. That said, the new store test that is launching in Chicagoland this month that hopefully spreads out to the rest of the chain soon, the new site and Aug. update that will become our main focus, some more trade in options potentially launching this summer as well. We are not sitting on our hands just thnking deals alone will turn this around. I saw a comment that we have had more than enough time to fix this thing but I havent even been here more than two years. We are actually ahead of where I thought we would be when I launched this 5yr plan. To change a 50billion Corp that really has never been relevant in this genre is not a year or even a two year project.[/QUOTE]

I can understand how deals/web sites/etc can take a long time to fix.

But getting employees to do their job(Im sure thats not your responsibility) should be a 1 week fix. The employees should be told either do their job or they are gone.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']A lot of truth here but I dont actually see the competitive market yet from a deal perspective. That said, the new store test that is launching in Chicagoland this month that hopefully spreads out to the rest of the chain soon, the new site and Aug. update that will become our main focus, some more trade in options potentially launching this summer as well. We are not sitting on our hands just thnking deals alone will turn this around. I saw a comment that we have had more than enough time to fix this thing but I havent even been here more than two years. We are actually ahead of where I thought we would be when I launched this 5yr plan. To change a 50billion Corp that really has never been relevant in this genre is not a year or even a two year project.[/QUOTE]

That is good news Josh. I'm glad you have a new project to roll out. For many posters I feel like they do not understand that the world of gaming extends BEYOND their purchases. This site represents just a fraction of a percent of what is bought for electronics at Kmart.... AND most of us a very cheap...

well most consumers buy out of convienence that is why Walmart can offer relatively few if any deals and still move video games.

But even Walmart has been offering some good deals lately (albeit mostly online).

It is great that Josh has been keeping other retailers honest. Now if he can get chainwide support in the other areas that Kmart lacks he can again widen the gap.

But for now whereas I collect many of the collector/limited/special edition games Kmart doesn't do much for me because I live in a small market but even that doesn't make sense because much smaller stores (volume wise) in my area do get the collectors' editions.. anyways all I was seeing is I am seeing more effort put forth from other stores. For us that should be good news.

I just wanted to see if that was something others recognized and see how Josh and Kmart plan on moving forward

Apparently though other stores could all but give a game away for FREE and people would still hate on the them.

Some more options? Does Kmart already have a trade-in program?

[quote name='joshdts']I can understand how deals/web sites/etc can take a long time to fix.

But getting employees to do their job(Im sure thats not your responsibility) should be a 1 week fix. The employees should be told either do their job or they are gone.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how retail works but it's not a 1 week process in corporate america anymore. Unless the employee is taking dumps on desks or stealing stuff, you have to go through a 30+ day review process.

Do we really need ANOTHER place to give us pennies on the dollar trade in credit for our old games?
Do we really need ANOTHER retailer selling copies of Madden 07 and Big Bumpin for $9.99 each because that's all that people traded in?

Please don't get into trade ins and used game sales. Please.
Just focus on what you're doing with new releases, focus on improving the stores, focus on improving the employees and focus on making Kmart great for buying a new game on release date with a great offer that will convince me to not shop anywhere else.
There is no need at all to dick around with anything else. At least not until all the current problems are fixed on a national level.

Gotta say I'm excited about Ocraina 3D tomorrow. I was never big into OoT, but I'll give this one another shot. Personally I prefer 2D, top down Zelda games, but I might as well give OoT one more honest shot beyond watching an elf hump a rock in the beginning village for 10 minutes.

[quote name='dino88']Some more options? Does Kmart already have a trade-in program?[/QUOTE]
There is a trade in program online via gazelle and about five stores that have trade in options. There are plans to roll out to more this summer. We won't sell used but we will do trade ins in certain stores.

[quote name='JoeCamNet'] Big Bumpin
[/QUOTE]

Goty

Also, kindly shut up. I'm sure if K-Mart implemented a trading program, it would be the best one out there. Just sayin'.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Do we really need ANOTHER place to give us pennies on the dollar trade in credit for our old games?
Do we really need ANOTHER retailer selling copies of Madden 07 and Big Bumpin for $9.99 each because that's all that people traded in?

Please don't get into trade ins and used game sales. Please.
Just focus on what you're doing with new releases, focus on improving the stores, focus on improving the employees and focus on making Kmart great for buying a new game on release date with a great offer that will convince me to not shop anywhere else.
There is no need at all to dick around with anything else. At least not until all the current problems are fixed on a national level.

Gotta say I'm excited about Ocraina 3D tomorrow. I was never big into OoT, but I'll give this one another shot. Personally I prefer 2D, top down Zelda games, but I might as well give OoT one more honest shot beyond watching an elf hump a rock in the beginning village for 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with this. It's hard enough to buy things at kmart. Imagine having to get a clueless employee to trade things in.

But if kmart gets into the trade in business, they better make sure TIVs can be quickly lowered. Otherwise you'll get stuck with 2000 copies of stuff like Two Worlds II you'll never be able to get rid of.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not sure how retail works but it's not a 1 week process in corporate america anymore. Unless the employee is taking dumps on desks or stealing stuff, you have to go through a 30+ day review process.[/QUOTE]
Labor is actually the hardest thing to change in retail.

[quote name='confoosious']I gotta agree with this. It's hard enough to buy things at kmart. Imagine having to get a clueless employee to trade things in.

But if kmart gets into the trade in business, they better make sure TIVs can be quickly lowered. Otherwise you'll get stuck with 2000 copies of stuff like Two Worlds II you'll never be able to get rid of.[/QUOTE]
There are only plans to trade in, it's an automated system at customer service. No plans to sell used.

[quote name='confoosious']
But if kmart gets into the trade in business, they better make sure TIVs can be quickly lowered. Otherwise you'll get stuck with 2000 copies of stuff like Two Worlds II you'll never be able to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

They could implement a system of only 1 game trade in per SYWR account each day, you could trade in multiple games each day, but the same game could only be traded in once per SYWR account. If that makes any sense.

Edit:

Woops SHC beat me. What would you do with the games then, just ship them back to the manufacturer?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There are only plans to trade in, it's an automated system at customer service. No plans to sell used.[/QUOTE]

so is the plan for a 3rd party company to take on the risk of selling them?

Cause Best Buy is gonna take a bath on some recent trade ins. Not sure if you follow other threads on this site but people are getting 3 copies of TW2 for about $45 and trading them in for $90.

You know why I know BB is gonna take a bath? Cause I kept a copy to play and it's awful. :)

or ignore the question if you don't think this is for public consumption.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is a trade in program online via gazelle and about five stores that have trade in options. There are plans to roll out to more this summer. We won't sell used but we will do trade ins in certain stores.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. I've only visited your website a few times, so it makes sense that I hadn't heard about it. I've had two stores in the area either close or stop taking trade-ins, so I'd love to have more options.

Doing trade-ins at Kmart (at least at the store in ATL) is a bad fuckn idea...

I can hardly get out of the store in under 15 mins. for just buying a game, I can't imagine how long it would take having the bubble heads at the stores trying to figure out how to process a trade-in while I'm trying to make a purchase.

Well, if they're smart, then they would just implement a system where all the employee has to do is inspect the disc, scan a barcode, and give you a gift card. All the setup would be done on your computer beforehand. (Which is what BB doesn't do.)

[quote name='confoosious']Well, if they're smart, then they would just implement a system where all the employee has to do is inspect the disc, scan a barcode, and give you a gift card. All the setup would be done on your computer beforehand. (Which is what BB doesn't do.)[/QUOTE]

I know TRU does it like this, and it's fairly straightforward, with little room for the employee to mess things up.

Assuming a gaming console is purchased before June 30, is it 5000 bonus SYWR points for each $49.99+ game through June? Or is the bonus points offer extended past June 30?

[quote name='AcidRain25']If your Kmart store is taking part in one of the 3 bonus offers today, I can confirm that the bonus points do stack. I called SWYR customer service to find out if my store was participating in one of the offers and they were doing the 4,000 bonus points for $40 spent. Then I was told that if I spent $200 in one transaction I would only get 4K points and I would have to do separate transactions to get more points but I just bought a Xbox 360 4GB for $199 and got 16K points. I also can confirm that the $5 off $50 spent coupon that was posted earlier works also.

So in 2 separate transactions I bought Xbox 360 4gb and Child Of Eden+ pack of gum to push it over the $50 mark, then used 2x father's day coupons to save $10 for a total of $256.18 after tax. Then I got 31412 SYWR points (29000 bonus + 2412 Base) and $75 in gaming coupons ($60 + $15)

Of note, out of the 29000 bonus SYWR points 5000 were from this offer (only members who got the email can participate) http://www.flickr.com/photos/64157746@N06/5840930592/[/QUOTE]

I updated the OP with the weekly ad.

This is only thing found in the ad that wasn't already revealed in the OP:

ps3.gif
Buy either Killzone 3 or Socom 4 ($59.99 each), get the PS3 Move Sharpshooter for $30 off, for the price of $9.99 (after $30 off $39.99 regular price).

[quote name='SPVietBoy']who do i talk to about clearance prices? i bought some games that i think are supposed to be cheaper than wat i bought them for[/QUOTE]

Manager would probably be the best bet.

Josh, someone asked this earlier, but I think it got buried, so I'll ask it again: What do you think of Shadows of the DAMNED, if you've had a chance to play it?

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

Any plans for Red Dead GOTY when it releases(supposedly) this summer?[/QUOTE]

i've heard its supposed to be fallout new vegas.....both are pretty good choices either way.

they havent announced what game is goty have they?

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, someone asked this earlier, but I think it got buried, so I'll ask it again: What do you think of Shadows of the DAMNED, if you've had a chance to play it?[/QUOTE]
My hunch is, either he doesn't give a damn (about the game), or it's damn awesome. (gulp)

My local Kmart has been out of $20 PSN cards for some time now and I'm loosing faith they will come back in stock before my gaming coupon expires (7/2) from LA Noire. How often do Kmart stores order these? It sucks that the price has to be $20 before taxes, I would just give them a penny if it made all the difference and get a 1600 MSP card.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the clearance game prices have gone back up? A few weeks ago, A Boy and his Blob (Wii) was $14.99. This week, I went back for it and it was $19.99. I bought it anyway since it was the last copy, but I don't get K-Mart's logic since clearances are supposed to clear out items that haven't been selling.

[quote name='yahoosale14']that was posted in february and had a leaked release date of march 1...it never happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but where there is smoke there is fire. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

[quote name='josekortez'] A few weeks ago, A Boy and his Blob (Wii) was $14.99. This week, I went back for it and it was $19.99. I bought it anyway since it was the last copy, but I don't get K-Mart's logic since clearances are supposed to clear out items that haven't been selling.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up this afternoon for $14.99 in Belleview Florida. Sticker said $14.99 and the register did too.

[quote name='josekortez']Has anyone else noticed that some of the clearance game prices have gone back up? A few weeks ago, A Boy and his Blob (Wii) was $14.99. This week, I went back for it and it was $19.99. I bought it anyway since it was the last copy, but I don't get K-Mart's logic since clearances are supposed to clear out items that haven't been selling.[/QUOTE]

I think this was referenced as being a problem with how the price drops were entered into the system. Seems they were posted as a sale rather than a permanent update?

Went to my nearest location, Bloomingdale IL, and got to experience the new layout without glass cases. There was a managerial somebody on the phone trying to sort out and explain to whomever was on the other end why the shelving they were sent to hang at the ends of aisles were incompatible with what was in place and what they'd need to be sent to properly install them and how he would explain this if they arrive in the week he's on vacation. Amusing thing to hear half of.

The layout seemed rather nice. Easy to find things, for now anyway.

Looked for something to make use of the $50+ promos. They actually had a sign at electronic promoting it -- this location has been good about these things lately. Only thing I saw worth grabbing was Castlevania for PSP for $9.99.

Will be back to my next-nearest location tomorrow morning for Zelda.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, psp gos are 160 on clearance at kmart.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Sony is going to get rid of all the extra PSP Go's, like just dump them all in a landfill somewhere?

[quote name='aznhero913']gamestop.com is already taking orders for the RDR GOTY guide that is gonna be sold in July sometime...[/QUOTE]

straight trollin. unless you're off in fairy unicorn land with a special gamestop.com

:roll:

[quote name='joeshmoe']I wonder how Sony is going to get rid of all the extra PSP Go's, like just dump them all in a landfill somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Was to Target today...they have the PSP Go marked for clearance with a price of $169.99. Would consider picking one up, but with the Vita costing less that $100 more than that, they would have to go a lot lower for me.

[quote name='KSS181920']Was to Target today...they have the PSP Go marked for clearance with a price of $169.99. Would consider picking one up, but with the Vita costing less that $100 more than that, they would have to go a lot lower for me.[/QUOTE]

had to read that twice....that came off as "less than $100 of $170" :lol:

[quote name='LouieT']I updated the OP with the weekly ad.

This is only thing found in the ad that wasn't already revealed in the OP:

ps3.gif
Buy either Killzone 3 or Socom 4 ($59.99 each), get the PS3 Move Sharpshooter for $30 off, for the price of $9.99 (after $30 off $39.99 regular price).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, not a bad deal if you already have a Move bundle and want the Sharpshooter with either of those games. I might have to use my $20 coupon on Killzone 3 with the Sharpshooter deal if I don't find a couple of $10-$20 games.

Is it even possible to for an average person to hold two Move equipped Sharpshooters at one time? If I had the money, I'd so get this deal twice along with a Move bundle. That would be cool, dual-welding two Sharpshooters. I wonder if any game even supports the idea.

[quote name='yahoosale14']straight trollin. unless you're off in fairy unicorn land with a special gamestop.com

:roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznhero913']gamestop.com is already taking orders for the RDR GOTY guide that is gonna be sold in July sometime...[/QUOTE]

Yahoo - It appears AZN read the article from February on Rockstar network. There, they link to the GOTY pre-order for the guide to "prove" the game exists. However, if you click the link in the article it comes up as "Opps!". Basically laziness instead of trolling.

In fairness, I'm sure a complete version is coming at some point.

JOSH - Are you guys getting / doing a deal for Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3?

[quote name='Stry-ker']What us the black ops LE offer listed for the 28th?[/QUOTE]
I think it's a repackaged version of the game with additional features.

[quote name='sadboy']I think it's a repackaged version of the game with additional features.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if it was a ymmv type thing with the hardened edition leftovers (that was my guess). I couldn't find anything on a new sku

[quote name='Stry-ker']I was wondering if it was a ymmv type thing with the hardened edition leftovers (that was my guess). I couldn't find anything on a new sku[/QUOTE]
Peep this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back