Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
So, for the Zelda deal tomorrow, if my Kmart has the game out, should the coupon just print or is there some kind of "reset" that they need to do to the computers before it will work. I seem to remember some discussion of the reset on one of the deals, but I'm not sure how to express this to the employee.

I really want to pick up the game tomorrow, but I will be in a hurry, because of what I'm doing for Father's Day, so if it is not something that will work, then I will want to pass for tomorrow.

[quote name='DerClaw']So, for the Zelda deal tomorrow, if my Kmart has the game out, should the coupon just print or is there some kind of "reset" that they need to do to the computers before it will work. I seem to remember some discussion of the reset on one of the deals, but I'm not sure how to express this to the employee.

I really want to pick up the game tomorrow, but I will be in a hurry, because of what I'm doing for Father's Day, so if it is not something that will work, then I will want to pass for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how anyone can tell you whether it will work tomorrow.... before tomorrow.

[quote name='DerClaw']So, for the Zelda deal tomorrow, if my Kmart has the game out, should the coupon just print or is there some kind of "reset" that they need to do to the computers before it will work. I seem to remember some discussion of the reset on one of the deals, but I'm not sure how to express this to the employee.

I really want to pick up the game tomorrow, but I will be in a hurry, because of what I'm doing for Father's Day, so if it is not something that will work, then I will want to pass for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it working or not.

Either way just buy it and if there is a problem, send Josh and email. He'll take care of ya.

Went to Kmart earlier. I didn't know the gaming coupon works on PSN cards too. I bought a couple $20 PSN card with my 2 LAN coupons, no tax and I was out the door :)

[quote name='yahoosale14']straight trollin. unless you're off in fairy unicorn land with a special gamestop.com

:roll:[/QUOTE]

uhm, a website is fairy unicorn land to you now?

[quote name='takotchi']It is/was real. Nothing ever came of it though.[/QUOTE]

Kmart 4377 is now sold out of zelda.
I got the last one.
This is the bloomington indiana east side location.

Good luck and happy fathers day!

[quote name='aznhero913']uhm, a website is fairy unicorn land to you now?[/QUOTE]

surprised they still have an active link, but they arent taking orders for it as of today =p

Im Going to head out and see if i can get OoT in a few minutes. Like someone else posted earlier I have family plans the rest of the day because of fathers day. For some reason even though its supposed to be my day the kids don't want me to sit around and play my new video games all day. . . . .

[quote name='could have won']OOT coupon didn't work. I didn't bother complaining but figured I'det people know.[/QUOTE]

Same. I complained and they took 15 off my total! Very pleased to have paid 26.49 over 42.39 :3

Ugh. Got to the store in Kokomo, IN this morning at about 8:15. No Zelda at all. It's not even a matter of selling out, there was a spot in the case and I was clearly the first customer asking about it. The girl in electronics had to get a manager to unlock the stockroom and claimed they didn't receive any copies and since it is a new release I should try again Tuesday or Wednesday. I tried pointing out that today was the release date and that she should let someone hire up know about not getting it in stock on the correct day, and she basically looked at me like I was crazy for being annoyed that I came in for nothing.

Guess I'm going to have to go elsewhere for it. None of the other deals really thrill me though since I don't want any other 3DS games.

The K-Mart I frequent has about a 75% success rate on providing games on time/coupons. Since I was out buying groceries this morning, I thought I would go ahead and pick up Zelda when the store opened at 8:00 am.

It was a complete failure. The game was not in the case, and no one was in electronics. It looked like there was an associate's meeting going on, since a group of workers were standing around a gentleman who appeared to be a manager. I was within sight/earshot of the group, and I know they could see me. Not wanting to interrupt, I stood by and waited for someone to ask if I needed assistance, which turned out to be a complete waste of time. After seven minutes of waiting, I gave up and left. Even if someone had bothered to assist me, who know how long it would have taken for them to look for the game in the back.

Seven minutes doesn't sound like a lot of time, but it seems like forever when you're standing close to a group of employees waiting for assistance and being ignored. Josh has always been great in assisting with problems in the past (in fact, I was trying to use a gift card that was sent to me due this stores failure to provide me the deal on Crysis 2), but it's no longer worth the hassle. I plan to use my gift card and last gaming coupon on point cards and be done with K-Mart.

I called my local store for Zelda and they can't find the game. Electronics rep thinks that they won't get it until Tuesday. I am glad I called before I drove 20 minutes to Kmart.

Sorry if this has been asked before but will Kmart sell Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition retail discs? I believe it comes out around the 28th.

Thanks.

This is a first for me, the gaming coupon didn't print. I will send an email to Josh but I would recommend you have the cashier restart the register, and see if that helps. Can't wait to start playing!

I"m not that worried about the gaming coupon since I know it will be taken care of but I am worried I didn't get a prompt for the free CD after I registered with club nintendo... anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='martinez91']This is a first for me, the gaming coupon didn't print. I will send an email to Josh but I would recommend you have the cashier restart the register, and see if that helps. Can't wait to start playing!

I"m not that worried about the gaming coupon since I know it will be taken care of but I am worried I didn't get a prompt for the free CD after I registered with club nintendo... anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yeah got off the phone with them and they more or less said I was screwed unless I get lucky and its an error.

[quote name='admiralvic']Yeah got off the phone with them and they more or less said I was screwed unless I get lucky and its an error.[/QUOTE]

I will be angry if that is the case but hopefully that was just a bad rep as I have had nothing but good experiences with Nintendo making up for mistakes. When Smash Bros Brawl came out I had to have my Wii cleaned because the game used the rare (for Nintendo) dual layer DVD, and they sent me a guide for the game free of charge. I guess only time will tell...

Also, will Josh accept a forward of my digital receipt in my email as proof for the coupon not printing? I can take a picture but I lost my SD card reader so it will be a little bit of a pain in the butt...

[quote name='martinez91']I will be angry if that is the case but hopefully that was just a bad rep as I have had nothing but good experiences with Nintendo making up for mistakes. When Smash Bros Brawl came out I had to have my Wii cleaned because the game used the rare (for Nintendo) dual layer DVD, and they sent me a guide for the game free of charge. I guess only time will tell...

Also, will Josh accept a forward of my digital receipt in my email as proof for the coupon not printing? I can take a picture but I lost my SD card reader so it will be a little bit of a pain in the butt...[/QUOTE]

Picture message to an email address from your phone.

This is beyond frustrating to see, and why good, but not great sales, aren't going to do anything for this company when I can go drive 1 minute away from my Kmart and get a better deal at another retail store. I am waiting for the Kmart die hards to come on here and make up some BS now.

[quote name='havoksend']Picture message to an email address from your phone.[/QUOTE]

My phone doesn't have data/web.... I know its lame but I plan on getting it next year when I get a smartphone... so no on the email forward?

[quote name='martinez91']I will be angry if that is the case but hopefully that was just a bad rep as I have had nothing but good experiences with Nintendo making up for mistakes. When Smash Bros Brawl came out I had to have my Wii cleaned because the game used the rare (for Nintendo) dual layer DVD, and they sent me a guide for the game free of charge. I guess only time will tell...

Also, will Josh accept a forward of my digital receipt in my email as proof for the coupon not printing? I can take a picture but I lost my SD card reader so it will be a little bit of a pain in the butt...[/QUOTE]
I posted the details like 5 other times and felt lazy this time. He took my information and submitted it to the admin department. If they have stock I will 100% get one, but with the offer "working now" and me lacking it... I might miss out over a glitch and if thats the case I might complain and see where this takes me.

Harvey why you so butt hurt on kmart?
You're being quite the troll in this thread.

Anytime I've ever had a kmart issue I ask for the manager inform him thegame is in stock, I know it is because I confirmed with josh deane.

After a couple times they know I'm right everytime and the games start showing up release deal.

A lotof times the people in this thread just stand around like a goon instead of getting help from an employee. Make noise if you want results people.

And what store are you gonna hit up for a better OoT deal harvey? No one.

[quote name='admiralvic']I posted the details like 5 other times and felt lazy this time. He took my information and submitted it to the admin department. If they have stock I will 100% get one, but with the offer "working now" and me lacking it... I might miss out over a glitch and if thats the case I might complain and see where this takes me.[/QUOTE]

I have faith they will make this right, kind of like we all have faith Josh will make the coupon errors right.... haha

[quote name='OnettHero']A lotof times the people in this thread just stand around like a goon instead of getting help from an employee. Make noise if you want results people.[/QUOTE]

I imagine this is the scenario for many of the forum's socialites... lol. They are so used to clicking "Buy" on Amazon that interaction is lost on them. :lol:

[quote name='option.iv']Sorry if this has been asked before but will Kmart sell Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition retail discs? I believe it comes out around the 28th.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I believe Josh said that they didn't move enough units of SSF4 to rationalize carrying AE.

[quote name='OnettHero']Harvey why you so butt hurt on kmart?
A lotof times the people in this thread just stand around like a goon instead of getting help from an employee. Make noise if you want results people.
[/QUOTE]

It's true. Pretty much every trip I've made to K-Mart has proceeded as follows:
Walk to Electronics in back of the counter
See that there's nobody there
Walk to customer service in front of store and ask them to send someone back
Walk back to electronics and wait
Finally get some help

It's certainly more of a hassle than pretty much any other store I frequent, but it's worth it overall. Not to mention there are 3 other K-marts nearby that I should probably check out. Maybe one of them is better with this stuff.

I was afraid I'd log in and see a lot of reports of this deal not working right. I've got nothing but good things to say about Josh's customer service, but having to wait on the USPS to get me my gift card isn't something I'm a fan of, especially when I'm planning to use the coupon from this on RE: Mercs next week. Hopefully everything'll get fixed some time today.

[quote name='OnettHero']Harvey why you so butt hurt on kmart?
You're being quite the troll in this thread.

Anytime I've ever had a kmart issue I ask for the manager inform him thegame is in stock, I know it is because I confirmed with josh deane.

After a couple times they know I'm right everytime and the games start showing up release deal.

And what store are you gonna hit up for a better OoT deal harvey? No one.[/QUOTE]
First of all, another retail store is offering a $25 gift card if you purchase Zelda and another 3ds game, ranging from $19.99-$39.99, so yes, that is a better deal when you can get Zelda today. I shouldn't have to post that and will not post another store's deals on Kmart's link. So don't ask anymore.

Secondly, I don't always post negatively about Kmart, but I feel that Kmart is letting off of the accelerator when it is coming to deals. Only offering these $15-$20 gaming coupons, which expire, are obviously a MAJOR pain, is just not good enough or acceptable. It is my opinion.

So anyone getting the coupon to print? I was going to pick it up a Kmart now but am worried after checking CAG. I really want the game today but wanted to get it at Kmart since I have a couple of $20 coupons to use and Kmart has the best deal for just the game. Deals at other stores involve buying a second game and I only want Zelda.

[quote name='aem']So anyone getting the coupon to print? I was going to pick it up a Kmart now but am worried after checking CAG. I really want the game today but wanted to get it at Kmart since I have a couple of $20 coupons to use and Kmart has the best deal for just the game. Deals at other stores involve buying a second game and I only want Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully somebody will ask their cashier to reboot the register and then post the results...

[quote name='harveyiscool']First of all, another retail store is offering a $25 gift card if you purchase Zelda and another 3ds game, ranging from $19.99-$39.99, so yes, that is a better deal when you can get Zelda today. I shouldn't have to post that and will not post another store's deals on Kmart's link. So don't ask anymore.

Secondly, I don't always post negatively about Kmart, but I feel that Kmart is letting off of the accelerator when it is coming to deals. Only offering these $15-$20 gaming coupons, which expire, are obviously a MAJOR pain, is just not good enough or acceptable. It is my opinion.[/QUOTE]

yes, we know your opinion already. do you have to say it multiple times? Once is cool. Duly noted. Now you're just annoying.

[quote name='martinez91']Hopefully somebody will ask their cashier to reboot the register and then post the results...[/QUOTE]

yep. and hopefully use their SYWR card too.

[quote name='aem']So anyone getting the coupon to print? I was going to pick it up a Kmart now but am worried after checking CAG.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from getting two copies; the game wasn't out but after asking if they had it the employee looked through his freight boxes and found it. The first gaming coupon didn't print off, but the second gaming coupon did. I went up to the service desk and they fixed everything in five minutes. Goodluck to everyone trying today! :)

[quote name='OnettHero']Anytime I've ever had a kmart issue I ask for the manager inform him thegame is in stock, I know it is because I confirmed with josh deane.

And what store are you gonna hit up for a better OoT deal harvey? No one.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately after the employees spend like 5 minutes searching the stockroom and come up empty, you are pretty much SOL.

Unfortunately there are no other stores with a deal quite like K-Mart's hence why I tried going there yet again. However it doesn't help that the last 3 times I've tried going to my local K-Mart, they haven't actually had the item in stock on the day it was supposed to get there (or if they did have the item, the salesperson was too clueless to actually find the item in the back. This actually happened to me once, and I sort of suspect it may have happened again today.)

[quote name='martinez91']This is a first for me, the gaming coupon didn't print. I will send an email to Josh but I would recommend you have the cashier restart the register, and see if that helps. Can't wait to start playing!

I"m not that worried about the gaming coupon since I know it will be taken care of but I am worried I didn't get a prompt for the free CD after I registered with club nintendo... anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

I would wait to register for the cd; Club Nintendo's website has been down for the last two days, and I'm assuming this might have something to do with the problem.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Only offering these $15-$20 gaming coupons, which expire, are obviously a MAJOR pain, is just not good enough or acceptable. It is my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You haven't been doing this long, have you? These deals have always had expiring coupons. When josh started the program, the coupons were $15-$20, and they expired in 30 days. The 45 day change was relatively recent.

The SYWR deals over the past few months (that don't expire) were not done by choice- but because the coupon system was broken- and we were always told it would go back to the old coupons.

(Also, buy 2 get $25 is only a better deal when a system has more than 1 game worth buying)

Got my copy with no issue. Game was out in the case with a sign about the $15 coupon offer. Coupon printed out fine as well.

Great deal!

Now I need to complain to Nintendo since their soundtrack Club Nintendo offer didn't work for me...

How is having to buy two games for a $25 giift card when I only want one and am getting a $15 a better deal?

That's completely stupid, we get it , you mad at kmart.

[quote name='nbballard']You haven't been doing this long, have you? These deals have always had expiring coupons. When josh started the program, the coupons were $15-$20, and they expired in 30 days. The 45 day change was relatively recent.

The SYWR deals over the past few months (that don't expire) were not done by choice- but because the coupon system was broken- and we were always told it would go back to the old coupons.

(Also, buy 2 get $25 is only a better deal when a system has more than 1 game worth buying)[/QUOTE]
1. I think there is one or two games worth purchasing in that scenario.
2. I have been here for the start of the coupons, and I know how it works very well. But when the goal is to draw in customers from the gaming world, not CAG gamers, an expiring print out on a piece of thin paper which has dates and restrictions on what you purchase just isn't the same as a gift card.

I don't know how this is hard to comprehend. Is any normal person excited about the Zelda game coming out going to want to have to go through all this drama, BS, wasted time on Father's Day when it doesn't and shouldn't have to happen? Things need to be fixed for Kmart to succeed! I hope they do.

[quote name='OnettHero']How is having to buy two games for a $25 giift card when I only want one and am getting a $15 a better deal?

That's completely stupid, we get it , you mad at kmart.[/QUOTE]

who is offering a $25 gift card?

[quote name='harveyiscool']First of all, another retail store is offering a $25 gift card if you purchase Zelda and another 3ds game, ranging from $19.99-$39.99, so yes, that is a better deal when you can get Zelda today. I shouldn't have to post that and will not post another store's deals on Kmart's link. So don't ask anymore.[/QUOTE]

You do know the offer is; Free $25 Gift Card with the purchase of two 3DS games. Tell me how spending $80 for a $25 GC is a better deal...

Both Kmart and Walmart can fuck off today...

Show up at 9:00 at Kmart (Pontiac, IL). Store is already open and I'm not the first customer in the door. I head back to electronics, check the case and no OoT is in there. That, of course, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Ring the bell. I see a blue shirt employee coming towards the department, so I assume things are going to go smoothly. (Blue shirt is prolly a manager?) I kindly ask for the game, mention its release date is today and that they don't have them in the case.

She turns, checks the small drawer behind her register and then tells me they didn't get any in. And I must have been CRAZY to suggest she check the stockroom; I mean, every single game I go to buy at the dump isn't out on the shelf on time. But nope, she won't go check, because she knows they don't have it in.

So, I try Walmart. Like Kmart, they have no game in the glass. The guy at the counter says he thinks all game releases are Tuesday...so I kindly tell him most first-party Nintendo games are Sunday. He checks the computer, sees it came out today, and says he didn't get any in. And then, he too, won't go check the fucking stockroom.

Next closest store that even sells videogames is 35 miles away (one-way). I am an extremely calm shopper, and I never raise my voice to any of the workers. But, maybe that's all they respond to. Absolutely ridiculous that I coudln't get a little extra effort at either store.

Unless they magically fall into the case at either store later today, I guess I'll be gouged for that damn OoT CD on eBay.

since they didnt have OoT today....wouldnt they just honor it when they do eventually get it in? Its a release date coupon and since their distribution is slow/ or they wont get it in till tuesday or whenever i dont see it being an issue for them to honor the coupon when it does come in. or is that too logical for it to happen?

[quote name='yahoosale14']since they didnt have OoT today....wouldnt they just honor it when they do eventually get it in? Its a release date coupon and since their distribution is slow/ or they wont get it in till tuesday or whenever i dont see it being an issue for them to honor the coupon when it does come in. or is that too logical for it to happen?[/QUOTE]

Kmart's coupon offer is good all week, not just today

[quote name='harveyiscool']1. I think there is one or two games worth purchasing in that scenario.
2. I have been here for the start of the coupons, and I know how it works very well. But when the goal is to draw in customers from the gaming world, not CAG gamers, an expiring print out on a piece of thin paper which has dates and restrictions on what you purchase just isn't the same as a gift card.

I don't know how this is hard to comprehend. Is any normal person excited about the Zelda game coming out going to want to have to go through all this drama, BS, wasted time on Father's Day when it doesn't and shouldn't have to happen? Things need to be fixed for Kmart to succeed! I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

For 2- the explanation all goes back to what josh is and isn't allowed to do. Giftcards are supported by distributors in the same way that printed coupons are for new releases. If he were to run a promo with a giftcard, it would be very low, like 5 dollars (ala Target). The gaming coupons trap the money in the electronics section and increase the chance that the value won't be redeemed. The low redemption rate, and expiration date are what gives josh the freedom to run these deals on a title by title basis without having to make it a "Buy 2 games get this" promo.

This program works for me, and a lot of us, because we buy a new game at least once a month. I recognize that the expiration dates pose issues for the average consumer- but nothing is forcing them to use it on a new release.

That said- i am not in anyway disagreeing with you about going up to K-mart today and fighting for this deal. Sunday releases are particularly hard for the staff to get their head around, and I'm not looking forward to making my trip in a few minutes.

[quote name='yahoosale14']since they didnt have OoT today....wouldnt they just honor it when they do eventually get it in? Its a release date coupon and since their distribution is slow/ or they wont get it in till tuesday or whenever i dont see it being an issue for them to honor the coupon when it does come in. or is that too logical for it to happen?[/QUOTE]

Is this question for me?

Yes, the coupon deal works all week. So, yes, I could go back to the store sometime this week and (maybe) get in on the deal...assuming they put the game out.

But, it's too crazy for a customer to ask for a game that comes out on day X and expect them to try and find it? I'd bet dollars to donuts that both stores have the damn game in stock; these were sent out to retailers very early. (Just look at Target, where many of their stores put the game out on the shelves at the beginning of this week!)

Besides, I don't even want OoT. At least, not for a good long while. I don't even have a 3DS. I just want the promotional soundtrack that Nintendo is giving away for buying the game. Since nobody knows how many they have, I really don't want to put off registering the game into "sometime this week".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back