Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Socom: Confrontation bundle with the Bluetooth headset today for $20. I've been wanting a PS3 bluetooth headset for awhile now (didn't want to spend $50 just on a headset) and to get it for $20 with Socom included was a no brainer. :)

So I went in to grab LoZ: OoT 3DS using the $20 coupon I had. They had a lot in stock, and had sticker tags already out advertising the deal. Cashier was new and didn't know how to ring up the coupon but she listened to me on scanning it in after hitting total. With reward points I ended up paying only $17 and the $15 coupon printed out fine. Now all I need is to get a 3DS some day to play it.

Went to my local Kmart this morning around 10:30. No dice. They had the price sticker on the shelf, but no game. When I asked one girl, she looked like she was stoned, but, luckily another worker walked within seconds and I asked her. She said she didn't know but would look. She walked up front, then back to electronics and called someone. Told me they were looking in to it. Another worker walks up and then the phone rang. No dice, but the worker in the back had boxes of games she had to go through and the ones on the floor asked if I could look around a bit or if I wanted to come back. Went on to church and decided to come back afterwards.

Got back to Kmart and the third lady that walked up just as the phone rang before remembered me and said the stockroom lady brought it out like 10 minutes after I left. They only had 1 copy on the shelf and I asked if that was all they got. She said no, but they had to be entered into the system. Alarm bells were ringing about the supposed coupon, but it printed out fine. All in all, I had to go through 3 workers, but spent no more than 20min waiting around for them to find it. The game is beautiful!

I just spent the last 30-40 minutes reading all these posts, and if I had to put up with 25% of the problems all these people had to put up with to save a couple bucks, I would never shop at Kmart again because about 99% of their prices are higher than Walmart on other items.

Luckily, my Kmart has amazing electronics employees who always seem to be more than willing to help their customers and are polite. There has been times when on release day the game is still in the box, but it is out on a cart waiting to be put out. I only had one problem with an employee not entering my phone number correctly for SYWR purposes on the Portal 2 10k points/$50 PSN card deal, but to her credit, it was her first day in electronics because someone called in sick.

[quote name='phoenix83']
So 3 stores, no Zelda, insulted, and no coupon equals me pissed off and upset. How can I get my coupon now???[/QUOTE]

if only there was information in the first and second posts of this thread on what to do and who to email if you have any issues with anything at any store!

I seem to remember there being a part of the FAQ at the front that said you can get 2 games and get two coupons, but I don't see it anymore. Can somebody help me out on whether there is a limit?

[quote name='DerClaw']I seem to remember there being a part of the FAQ at the front that said you can get 2 games and get two coupons, but I don't see it anymore. Can somebody help me out on whether there is a limit?[/QUOTE]

There is a two game limit per SYWR account, but you need to do separate transactions to get both coupons.

2 Kmarts both told me that they wouldn't have Zelda instock till Tuesday because Fedex wouldn't deliver it until then. Then I found out later that one of the stores was lying to me and they had got copies in. This deal is going swimmingly so far.

[quote name='OnettHero']Not to be a dick, but popping the lock off a cage and tossing a box of games in a case takes less han 5 minutes.
Not having time is a BS excuse.[/QUOTE]

Was checking up on this thread, and seeing this post reminded me of a hilarious incident 7-8 months ago. I went to one K-Mart out of town to grab something, and they told me their game case lock was broken, and furthermore, they might not be able to sell ANY 360 games for 4-5 days, until they could 'get someone out there'.

The game I wanted was even on the very edge of the 'locked' section of the case, so I suggested maybe we could open the adjacent working door and just reach over to get my game...that didn't fly either; had to go to another K across town.

So anyway, it seems that something as simple as popping a lock off of a cage can be a complex task, requiring much more than 5 minutes. You can't make a sale if you literally can't access your inventory...seems like they would've been a little more motivated to get a locksmith over there during a weekend over the holiday season, if that was the case.

Anyway, has there been any word on a new round of price drops on the older games? I imagine you need to get those things out of the door, with the holiday game season fast approaching, and most K-Mart game cases I've seen verging on packed, to say the least. That is assuming, of course, they employees can open the display cases to stock the new games...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnettHero']Not to be a dick, but popping the lock off a cage and tossing a box of games in a case takes less han 5 minutes.
Not having time is a BS excuse.[/QUOTE]

Was checking up on this thread, and seeing this post reminded me of a hilarious incident 7-8 months ago. I went to one K-Mart out of town to grab something, and they told me their game case lock was broken, and furthermore, they might not be able to sell ANY 360 games for 4-5 days, until they could 'get someone out there'.

The game I wanted was even on the very edge of the 'locked' section of the case, so I suggested maybe we could open the adjacent working door and just reach over to get my game...that didn't fly either; had to go to another K across town.

So anyway, it seems that something as simple as popping a lock off of a cage can be a complex task, requiring much more than 5 minutes. You can't make a sale if you literally can't access your inventory...seems like they would've been a little more motivated to get a locksmith over there during a weekend over the holiday season, if that was the case.

Josh/Stock Boy

If it makes you feel better, the Fenton, MO Best Buy was turning people away from getting Zelda saying they wouldn't sell it until Tuesday so that drove sales to Gamestop, Wal-Mart, and Target. Not sure about the KMart in High Ridge down the highway getting any of that traffic, but my hopes wouldn't be high as that store can't get most of the Tuesday releases out, let alone a Sunday one.

Well, my FEAR 3 sale just got stolen from Kmart for this week thanks to TRU, I absolutely hate TRU, but they had a deal that is surely going to lose them a lot of money... And who would I be to not help them lose it.

Now I really have to figure out what to use my $20 gaming coupon from L.A. Noire on.

Just use it on a $20 PSN card, no reason to continue a coupon train when there are better deals out there. Run and jump back on when Kmart stops to fuel up.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:... that Toys R Us 2-for-$50 deal is fucking epic. Preorder F3AR for a flat $25 + free shipping? Yes, please! I got one copy for :360: and one for :ps3:, I'll keep whichever one is reported to run smoothest (expecting :360:) and sell the other for profit. :whee:

Josh is gonna be pissed off about being undercut on this one, LOL.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:... that Toys R Us 2-for-$50 deal is fucking epic. Preorder F3AR for a flat $25 + free shipping? Yes, please! I got one copy for :360: and one for :ps3:, I'll keep whichever one is reported to run smoothest (expecting :360:) and sell the other for profit. :whee:

Josh is gonna be pissed off about being undercut on this one, LOL.[/QUOTE]
You are right, I have not seen a better deal for some of the nice titles included. Amazing.

[quote name='mvp828']well, my fear 3 sale just got stolen from kmart for this week thanks to tru, i absolutely hate tru, but they had a deal that is surely going to lose them a lot of money... And who would i be to not help them lose it.

Now i really have to figure out what to use my $20 gaming coupon from l.a. Noire on.[/quote]
f.e.a.r. 3.

Was wondering what Josh thought about the Tru deal. How the hell can they even have a deal like that?

Also going to go check on Zelda today at Kmart. I've already been to 2 Walmarts and they didn't have it out at all. I didn't bother asking about it since they don't have any deals with it anyway. Hopefully Kmart will have it out.

Hopefully I can stop myself from buying a 3DS soon. I'm surprised that Target is the only store with a 3DS system deal this week. With Zelda launching it certainly would have sold me on a 3DS system if there were any decent deals on it. Instead I'll just buy the game now and wait for a deal on the 3DS itself.

Sorry if this question seems odd but can I tell the cashier to use a specific amount of SYWR points? I want to use my $20 coupon on Zelda but I have about $25 in points and using them all would lead me to not being able to use the coupon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Was wondering what Josh thought about the Tru deal. How the hell can they even have a deal like that?[/QUOTE]
I think that the more interesting observation here is just how much TRU is adapting their tactics. This deal was a nicely executed blow below the belt to pretty much the rest of the B&M players for a number of reasons:
  • It was last minute, so nobody could anticipate and counter it.
  • It didn't have to be in the printed ad, so they stole a page out of Josh's playbook about not having to deal with the printing lead times, and dynamically created it as needed right before it started.
  • Since it wasn't in the ad, it couldn't easily be leaked too far out.
  • And since it isn't in the ad, it makes pricematching elsewhere at least more difficult, if not impossible for some people.
I actually wonder if this is how B&M will evolve over time. The printed ads will mostly cover items with slow-moving prices for the less demanding customers, and things like games will be covered by last-minute, dynamically generated, hyperlocal deals. Those, in turn, will then also be countered by similar reactive deals from other local stores. Deals lasting just days, not a full week, and all delivered quickly via apps and/or text messaging directly to customers.

[quote name='iPhone']Sorry if this question seems odd but can I tell the cashier to use a specific amount of SYWR points? I want to use my $20 coupon on Zelda but I have about $25 in points and using them all would lead me to not being able to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can specify to use an exact amount of SYWR points. However, in this case, you needn't even do that.

Have them ring it up and total it. Then present your coupon and get your new total. Then tell them you want to pay the rest with points. Requires nothing fancy on the part of the cashier that way, and you'll still have your remaining point balance.

Will Kmart have the PC version of Fear3 and if so will it also qualify for the gaming coupon? ...I love my xbox but when given the option I'd still much rather play an FPS with a keyboard & mouse...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Was wondering what Josh thought about the Tru deal. How the hell can they even have a deal like that?
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. With the older games, I kinda understand, but on Fear 3? How did they do that? Mistake?

Went to the South Burlington, VT KMart today in the hopes of snagging a copy of Ocarina with the $15 coupon. Checked the case, saw no copies of Ocarina, nor did I even see a spot for it near the other 3DS games. Waited around the dept for 10 minutes, finally some kid comes out the swinging stockroom doors, I ask him whether anyone is working in the Electronics department.

"I don't know, but I can find out for you". He calls someone, they must have said "no", because he said "I'll go get the keys". I told him I was looking for Ocarina of Time, but didn't see it in the case, and asked if there might be a copy in the back.

"We don't have games in the back. If it's not in the case, we don't have it". I told him the release day was yesterday, and a lot of K-Mart stores had mistakenly thought the date was Tuesday. "If it's not in the case, we don't have it".

Left and bought a copy at Gamestop. Well played, K-Mart. Well played.

Amazing.
I left work for lunch a minute ago, and stopped by kmart to see if they got their shit together today and had Ocarina out.
Spoke with the woman in electronics, she gave me the usual stock moron response, if its not in the case we donthave it.
How unsurprising.
I asked a different employee for a customer care line because I'm tired of dealing with the useless uncaring managers, in true kmart fashion she couldn't even direct me to a number.
Honestly, its officially become not worth the hassle.
How in the hell does a company lose track of its new releases? Is there no LP at all? Doesn't someone give a shit that they can't seem to locate hundreds of dollars in games.
This whole store is run in this fashion, how its still in business is a damn mystery. Go west lebanon, nh kmart.

Went to the Kmart at Fort Lauderdale, FL and was able to walk in a pick up the game and coupon with no issues. They had about five copies left after I bought mine.

[quote name='OnettHero']Amazing.
I left work for lunch a minute ago, and stopped by kmart to see if they got their shit together today and had Ocarina out.
Spoke with the woman in electronics, she gave me the usual stock moron response, if its not in the case we donthave it.
How unsurprising.
I asked a different employee for a customer care line because I'm tired of dealing with the useless uncaring managers, in true kmart fashion she couldn't even direct me to a number.
Honestly, its officially become not worth the hassle.
How in the hell does a company lose track of its new releases? Is there no LP at all? Doesn't someone give a shit that they can't seem to locate hundreds of dollars in games.
This whole store is run in this fashion, how its still in business is a damn mystery. Go west lebanon, nh kmart.[/QUOTE]
I called one yesterday (Wilkes-Barre, PA), asking for Zelda. Now they were like we don't have it. When I asked them when they would because the release date was yesterday, they told me I don't know. We get trucks in Mon-Fri.

I mean seriously? I had to waste hours of my time just to find this damn game all because it was a Sunday release. Never had a problem with a Tuesday release.

Third time in a row I went to my kmart and they didn't have the new released games out. I was trying to get Zelda, they told me it was in the back and to try back tomorrow :|

I just went to walmart.

[quote name='Buuhan1']My local Kmart only has two copies of Alice, I can only hope they don't sell before Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Has Josh confirmed it officially? I remember him saying that Alice will have a deal similar to Portal 2 which means $34.99, but has he confirmed it? I just want to be sure so I can plan to take a run up sunday.

With my Shadows of the Damned Coupon and my Zelda Coupon, I will be getting this game for $5, which is more than the DLC that comes with it :D.

I really do hope my K-mart has Shadows of the Damned tomorrow or sometime this week. I don't mind when I get it, I just want this game pretty bad.

Stopped by kmart last night and luckily they had zelda 3ds on display. The guy working there was suprised it was out so I used my $20 LA noire coupon on it and my $15 coupon printed without a hitch and is good til 8-2-2011.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm wondering the same thing. With the older games, I kinda understand, but on Fear 3? How did they do that? Mistake?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure wb games has read the previews and sees the lack of hype for this game. Fear 3 is going to be a major disappointment and a sales failure. Either TRU overbought on it big time or worked something out with WB.

I'd say dont go buying it just because its $25. Game looks really awful and generic. And ive heard that the campain is pretty dull and runs under 4 hours.

Shadows of the damned is the game to get this week, regardless of deals. Its an original, not sequel game by the guy who made resident evil 4 and has a really cool, original design.

No luck with Zelda at the K-Mart in New Lenox, IL either. Just picked it up at Wal-Mart so I can register in time for the CD. Will purchase with my $35 in coupons at K-Mart later this week, and then just return that one to Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Redeema']Kmart fails again. First, no one available to even help, after multiple calls finally someone comes back to help and they don't have the keys to open the case for their TWO copies and they can't find the person who has them. Then the coupon doesn't print and they tell us to return it and come back tomorrow. Where else do they have you do all this? So, now I guess no Father's Day gift for me...[/QUOTE]

Mine did not print out either, and the gal got another employee, and said the deal is online only. But, that is ok because I have had this happen before and Josh and the gang will always help out. So dont be too concerned, it is a bummer however. Out of the hundred purchases, almost weekly, I have only had like two other times a coupon didn't print. So, pretty good in my opinion.

Went to KMart during my lunch break to pick up OOT. As I pulled in, noticed a fire engine and about 6 police cars in front of the store. All of the employees were outside the store turning people away. I guess I'll try after work. Hopefully the crime scene will be clear by then.

Nearly had to kick someone's ass at store 3115, but I got OOT. They did not have any on the shelf and I asked the guy in electronics. He said that they must not have gotten it in and told me to check back. He went to lunch so I asked the girl covering and she didn't know as it wasn't her area. She got a manager and they were able to locate it in the back. Got the game and coupon so thank you Christina.

Yeah these sunday releases are a real killer for store-level kmart employees. I don't know what they do on the holidays when games are releasing almost every day of the week for a while.

keep waiting for those original, unique games to hit $20 and they'll just stop making them entirely. Good move, CAGs.

I for one look forward to our modern military FPS future.

[quote name='Vigilante']Game Informer's review for Shadows of the DAMNED has surfaced, and it's a great sign (although I don't trust GI all that much): http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...-to-the-depths-of-hell-plays-like-heaven.aspx
[/QUOTE]
I am not surprised if this game gets very good reviews. Suda 51 has been known to make weird shit in games and well with the good direction of the guy who made Resident Evil 4 great. It is a perfect combination when you think about it. I am actually thrilled for this game because it is so off the wall, it's something fresh, new and creative.

Well, I contacted my store in West Leb, NH again today for an update on the status of Transformers and OoT. Was told the first wasn't in stock and they didn't think they were going to get it (though the last time I was there, I saw a blank shelf tag for it) and that they don't carry 3DS games. That, of course, I know isn't right since I bought our 3DS there.

The problem is obviously on a store level with us and even though we deal with this just about every single week, it never gets fixed. If we go on launch day for a game and the regular electronics woman isn't there, they never, ever, ever put it out. Or they say they don't have it, won't get it, never heard of it,don't know where it is, etc. At least the regular electronics woman will probably have not put it out, but knows where it is, or will tear apart the store trying to find it. Everybody else either doesn't have the keys to the cage, doesn't know where to look, is sure it didn't come out, wants you to come back tomorrow...

I asked for a District Manager name, she didn't know it (seriously?) and didn't know what the customer care phone number was. So I looked it up (1-866-KMART-4U (1-866-562-7848)) and called. Spoke to Kyle and filed a complaint about my store... I was really, really clear that the issue is on a store level, that we always get satisfaction on individual incidents over the long run with Josh and that Josh was the only reason we hang in there for Kmarts video game deals, but that it's frustrating that almost every single week, that's what we have to do. I think at this point that is what the store is HOPING we will do because it means they don't have to deal with it. Anyway, I told Kyle (who was nice but really didn't listen very well at first) that I'm not reporting the specific incident of not getting Transformers and OoT since I know in the end that will be resolved by Josh, but the overall trend of missing games, not released games, told games aren't out, that they haven't come in, poor customer service on a store level, etc that require me to have to contact Josh more than I contact my own mother.

Anyway, Kyle submitted a complaint to the store, their corporate, and their DM and promised a call back in 48 hours. He said if I don't get a call back or the problem isn't fixed, then the DM calls back and they go from there. He says these reports reflect horribly on the store so he encouraged all others who are having problems with customer service ON THE STORE LEVEL to call and make reports.

I'm not sure what, if anything, will come of it... However, looking online I've found that there is almost a 100% resolution rate for people who complain this way about specific store actions. So perhaps this is the way to go to let stores know that they're not team players when it comes to these sales? Because in all honesty, as much as I love hearing from Josh, the poor guy shouldn't have to get 100s of complaints from the same people about the same stores for the same problems that they refuse to correct. I tend to think that if these same stores get an ass chewing by their DM, somebody they see and know has the power to hire and fire, that maybe changes will occur.

[quote name='Scorch']It seems like things got better for a while, now they've taken a nosedive again.[/QUOTE]

That it certainly the case at my main store. For a few months, the new games were in the case or close at hand every Tuesday. Now the last few times I've gone in there, the games have been in back. Hell, I went for Red Faction Armageddon a week after release and it was STILL in the back.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am not surprised if this game gets very good reviews. Suda 51 has been known to make weird shit in games and well with the good direction of the guy who made Resident Evil 4 great. It is a perfect combination when you think about it. I am actually thrilled for this game because it is so off the wall, it's something fresh, new and creative.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad SotD is being released on 360/PS3 instead of the Wii. Definitely picking it up tomorrow.

[quote name='Scarlet H']
I'm not sure what, if anything, will come of it... However, looking online I've found that there is almost a 100% resolution rate for people who complain this way about specific store actions. So perhaps this is the way to go to let stores know that they're not team players when it comes to these sales? Because in all honesty, as much as I love hearing from Josh, the poor guy shouldn't have to get 100s of complaints from the same people about the same stores for the same problems that they refuse to correct. I tend to think that if these same stores get an ass chewing by their DM, somebody they see and know has the power to hire and fire, that maybe changes will occur.[/QUOTE]
Oh I am sure something will. I mean K-mart's biggest competitors are target and wal-mart and I am sure they would always want to have the best store of the three. It's not like gamestop where they practically own the used retail market now and well any complaints to them don't do shit.

Plus they hired Josh, which has gave me an incentive to not only shop at k-mart but to want to shop and support k-mart now.

Good experience at Kmart #7259. Didn't have Ocarina of Time in the case, I asked a lady who was stocking. She didn't know what I was talking about, but when I told her it released yesterday, she said "Maybe they haven't brought it out yet, let me go look for you." Less than five minutes later she's back with a box with 5 copies of Zelda. Nice. I also grabbed a blue Dualshock (they didn't have white). The computer keeps prompting ridiculous shit like "would you like to add your email to be a bonus member" (I've done that half a dozen times now). Anyway, coupon scanned, just under $58 for Zelda and a DS3 and a $15 coupon.

That's the third time I've been to this store, and they seem to mostly have their shit together. The employees I've encountered have been helpful, talkative, nice, and willing to look for things that aren't out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back