Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
What these idiot employees who think that it's easier to just say "we won't get it" "I don't know" or "if it's not in the case we don't have it" don't understand is that turning people away doesn't just cost them a game sale, it's every week after that that a customer who had a good experience would keep coming back for.

it's also all the sales of other items that kmart sells that customer would be more likely to buy there since he/she already had to stop at kmart for the game. I know I often pick up household stuff while i'm there for whatever game is coming out that week..

But most of these employees can't see any further than their next break so i guess you can't expect much from them. Driving return traffic to the store directly affects their likelihood of continued employment and pay.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Oh I am sure something will. I mean K-mart's biggest competitors are target and wal-mart and I am sure they would always want to have the best store of the three. It's not like gamestop where they practically own the used retail market now and well any complaints to them don't do shit.

Plus they hired Josh, which has gave me an incentive to not only shop at k-mart but to want to shop and support k-mart now.[/QUOTE]

That's what I made clear... That Josh was the only reason I keep trying. He gives me the info I need to be able to walk in with confidence and say "No, I know you're full of it, you have this game." But that only gets you so far. And like I said, he's in corporate, this kind of customer complaint reslolution is why they have managers and DM's in the stores and regionally. He shouldn't *have* to get the same complaints about the same behavior from the same stores every, single week.

The problem is that where we are, Kmart doesn't feel the need to be a part of the competition. As far as box stores, we only have Wal*Mart, Best Buy, and Kmart that sell games, and we have a GameStop. I think they assume that they are on the bottom of the shopping list for regular gamers and they feel no need to even try to compete. Frustrating for those of us who want to shop there and get these deals. Considering how poorly stocked and poorly priced our Wal*Mart is, how poorly stocked and how poor customer service is at Best Buy, and how over travelled and over priced our Gamestop is, they could be a stronger source of competition if they just tried and advertised. But not all customers are like us who, when turned away week after week, keep trying again. Most have one strikeout and that's it.

[quote name='jer7583']What these idiot employees who think that it's easier to just say "we won't get it" "I don't know" or "if it's not in the case we don't have it" don't understand is that turning people away doesn't just cost them a game sale, it's every week after that that a customer who had a good experience would keep coming back for.

it's also all the sales of other items that kmart sells that customer would be more likely to buy there since he/she already had to stop at kmart for the game. I know I often pick up household stuff while i'm there for whatever game is coming out that week..

But most of these employees can't see any further than their next break so i guess you can't expect much from them. Driving return traffic to the store directly affects their likelihood of continued employment and pay.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they don't understand or they simply don't give a shit.

I said this a long time ago (probably in thread 2.0), Kmart needs to either overpay for talent (and really, it's not much talent) to clean up their stores, or just call it a day and close shop.

The crappy/uncaring field is ruining any efforts corporate makes.

[quote name='jer7583']keep waiting for those original, unique games to hit $20 and they'll just stop making them entirely. Good move, CAGs.

I for one look forward to our modern military FPS future.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I forget, is this Cheap Ass Gamer?

[quote name='Scarlet H']

I asked for a District Manager name, she didn't know it (seriously?) and didn't know what the customer care phone number was. So I looked it up (1-866-KMART-4U (1-866-562-7848)) and called. Spoke to Kyle and filed a complaint about my store.

Anyway, Kyle submitted a complaint to the store, their corporate, and their DM and promised a call back in 48 hours. He said if I don't get a call back or the problem isn't fixed, then the DM calls back and they go from there. He says these reports reflect horribly on the store so he encouraged all others who are having problems with customer service ON THE STORE LEVEL to call and make reports.

I'm not sure what, if anything, will come of it... However, looking online I've found that there is almost a 100% resolution rate for people who complain this way about specific store actions. So perhaps this is the way to go to let stores know that they're not team players when it comes to these sales? Because in all honesty, as much as I love hearing from Josh, the poor guy shouldn't have to get 100s of complaints from the same people about the same stores for the same problems that they refuse to correct. I tend to think that if these same stores get an ass chewing by their DM, somebody they see and know has the power to hire and fire, that maybe changes will occur.[/QUOTE]

I will tell you from experience that filing a complaint is the best way to get attention. Even though you shouldn't have to resort to it, this really motivates the store manager and there will be changes made to keep it from happening again, as at that point the store manager is held responsible if it happens again. This will make a difference in your store if you make a formal complaint.

[quote name='martinez91']I will tell you from experience that filing a complaint is the best way to get attention. Even though you shouldn't have to resort to it, this really motivates the store manager and there will be changes made to keep it from happening again, as at that point the store manager is held responsible if it happens again. This will make a difference in your store if you make a formal complaint.[/QUOTE]

Well, I will keep everybody updated. If this really is a solution, I suggest everybody use it to make sure they don't have to deal with these hassles weekly. Frustration levels go down, satisfaction in Kmart goes up, and with more positive sales (and more physical sales of the copies of the game), perhaps more frequent and awesome deals are sure to follow.

[quote name='confoosious']I said this a long time ago (probably in thread 2.0), Kmart needs to either overpay for talent (and really, it's not much talent) to clean up their stores, or just call it a day and close shop.[/QUOTE]

Within the retail sector, Sears Holdings is almost always dead last in reinvesting sales into store/capital improvements. The problem is with Sears Holdings majority stock holder and chairman Eddie Lampert. Instead of reinvesting money into stores, he reinvests that money in the stock by buying back shares. Might be sensible for short term shareholders but it dooms Sears and Kmart in the long term. Sad thing is, while Lampert will become richer, 1 quarter million people will end up losing their jobs including our dear friends Josh and stockboy.

Went back in to get my copy, they were holding it for me (they only had two copies in the case at 8:10 am yesterday, ten minutes after they opened, so they had one copy to sell to anyone else looking. They took about ten minutes to find it, but we got it, the coupon printed out and in the end everything worked out, but I should've had this yesterday as my Father's Day gift instead of a day later with me going to get it for myself. It'll be tough to go back, but maybe the $15 coupon will make the customer service ineptitude worth it, who knows?

Also registered the copy and should be getting my CD as it was extended one more day. Almost makes the headache worth it, but not really.

Another good way to get the store in trouble for being terrible is filling out those online surveys that come on your receipt. Make sure you fill in the comment section to specify what the problem is. I can tell you from experience the store managers get heat for those bad reviews from corporate management, and they will pay attention to them.

Went to get Zelda aaand they didnt have it out =/ First time fail at my store.

Don't know if they sold out or just never put it out. I didn't see any empty spots where it may have been. Seems like maybe the person that actually got crap done at my local store may not have been around to put it out. There was no signage or anything for any deals this week which isn't normal for that particular Kmart. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

I'll be checking back one more time tomorrow when I go to get Shadows of The Damned.

Well resolution was swift... The game was located and is available for purchase.

The crappy part is we never got a call from the GM or the DM, we got a call from hapless Joyce, the employee I have no complaints about. That is actually really, really irritating because the last person I wanted in trouble was Joyce since she's the one that, when we go there, may not always be prepared but almost always has the answer. It's everybody else that drops the ball.

We will see if this trend is fixed or not.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Well, I contacted my store in West Leb, NH again today for an update on the status of Transformers and OoT. Was told the first wasn't in stock and they didn't think they were going to get it (though the last time I was there, I saw a blank shelf tag for it) and that they don't carry 3DS games. That, of course, I know isn't right since I bought our 3DS there.

The problem is obviously on a store level with us and even though we deal with this just about every single week, it never gets fixed. If we go on launch day for a game and the regular electronics woman isn't there, they never, ever, ever put it out. Or they say they don't have it, won't get it, never heard of it,don't know where it is, etc. At least the regular electronics woman will probably have not put it out, but knows where it is, or will tear apart the store trying to find it. Everybody else either doesn't have the keys to the cage, doesn't know where to look, is sure it didn't come out, wants you to come back tomorrow...

I asked for a District Manager name, she didn't know it (seriously?) and didn't know what the customer care phone number was. So I looked it up (1-866-KMART-4U (1-866-562-7848)) and called. Spoke to Kyle and filed a complaint about my store... I was really, really clear that the issue is on a store level, that we always get satisfaction on individual incidents over the long run with Josh and that Josh was the only reason we hang in there for Kmarts video game deals, but that it's frustrating that almost every single week, that's what we have to do. I think at this point that is what the store is HOPING we will do because it means they don't have to deal with it. Anyway, I told Kyle (who was nice but really didn't listen very well at first) that I'm not reporting the specific incident of not getting Transformers and OoT since I know in the end that will be resolved by Josh, but the overall trend of missing games, not released games, told games aren't out, that they haven't come in, poor customer service on a store level, etc that require me to have to contact Josh more than I contact my own mother.

Anyway, Kyle submitted a complaint to the store, their corporate, and their DM and promised a call back in 48 hours. He said if I don't get a call back or the problem isn't fixed, then the DM calls back and they go from there. He says these reports reflect horribly on the store so he encouraged all others who are having problems with customer service ON THE STORE LEVEL to call and make reports.

I'm not sure what, if anything, will come of it... However, looking online I've found that there is almost a 100% resolution rate for people who complain this way about specific store actions. So perhaps this is the way to go to let stores know that they're not team players when it comes to these sales? Because in all honesty, as much as I love hearing from Josh, the poor guy shouldn't have to get 100s of complaints from the same people about the same stores for the same problems that they refuse to correct. I tend to think that if these same stores get an ass chewing by their DM, somebody they see and know has the power to hire and fire, that maybe changes will occur.[/QUOTE]

EVERYONE DO THIS.
In case no one has figured out , ScarletH is my fiance. She called the corporate line, I got a call within an hour. Profuse apologies from the store ensued, and I picked up my magically found game on my way home from work.
Finally results.

[quote name='OnettHero']EVERYONE DO THIS.
In case no one has figured out , ScarletH is my fiance. She called the corporate line, I got a call within an hour. Profuse apologies from the store ensued, and I picked up my magically found game on my way home from work.
Finally results.[/QUOTE]
SHC Corporate is an amazing group. I've had some issues over the years and talked to some of the reps that fix store level issues and they have always been absolutely amazing.

One of the reps even continued to call me over the course of the next month or so to check in and see how things were going.

It's the best service I've experienced in my life. It really sucks that the company has such a hard time pulling that level of work into the stores most of the time.

Why is anyone going to waste their time calling corporate so we can have an employee who I will have to come face-to-face with call me back and apologize? Why in the world is anyone going to go through all of these steps when they can go down the road or online and get similar deals, better deals, and not have to put up with this BS? It is not going to happen and never will happen. We all love Josh, and I believe everyone respects what he has accomplished/tried to do with this company, but the BS just is not worth it for anyone other than a few die hard CAGers.

That is why I posted the original comments yesterday morning. Did I know that this Zelda deal was going to turn into a nightmare for about 90% of the people? Of course not, but I am not shocked at all. It does not make me feel any better by saying "I told you so". I am eagerly waiting for a deal that will get us back into Kmart and FORCE us to deal with this BS, but make it worth it for people at the same time. Meanwhile, it looks like the other retailers will be getting my business because they are stepping their game up, much like Kmart started to a few months ago.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Why is anyone going to waste their time calling corporate so we can have an employee who I will have to come face-to-face with call me back and apologize? Why in the world is anyone going to go through all of these steps when they can go down the road or online and get similar deals, better deals, and not have to put up with this BS? It is not going to happen and never will happen. We all love Josh, and I believe everyone respects what he has accomplished/tried to do with this company, but the BS just is not worth it for anyone other than a few die hard CAGers.

That is why I posted the original comments yesterday morning. Did I know that this Zelda deal was going to turn into a nightmare for about 90% of the people? Of course not, but I am not shocked at all. It does not make me feel any better by saying "I told you so". I am eagerly waiting for a deal that will get us back into Kmart and FORCE us to deal with this BS, but make it worth it for people at the same time. Meanwhile, it looks like the other retailers will be getting my business because they are stepping their game up, much like Kmart started to a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnettHero']Cause I like saving $15 on a $40 game[/QUOTE]

While i agree with what you are saying here, Harvey- once the wheels have been greased and a store is working properly it's awesome. My store has about 4 CAGs and it was rough at first, but now I can go up there and they'll have the game out- or know where to go to get it.

I may have to hang around at a store for a while, and that sucks- but my physical game budget doesn't factor in the cost of my time so on paper it still looks awesome. Saving $15 to $20 per purchase is a necessity if I don't want my wife to poke a giant hole in my game spending.

Well my one time calling KMart corporate over the Mass Effect 1 fiasco 3.5 years ago got no results and ended with me screaming over the phone and never going back to a KMart until Josh.

Glad to see others are getting results.

[quote name='OnettHero']In case no one has figured out , ScarletH is my fiance.[/QUOTE]
^ That is so hot. It's like, "I'm tired of playing video games and browsing CAG, honey... (censored)" Yeowza.

Or the reverse. (gulp)

You are right man and it makes sense with why you continue to shop at Kmart, and if I really believed that store possibility existed everywhere I would be on board with you. I have zero complaints with my store as well, even though there is apparently zero CAGs that go there, but weekly reading the horror stories is crazy/big time bad news for Kmart as a whole.

Does any Kmart sell PSN cards? The one nearest me doesn't so i have like nothing to spend my $20 gaming coupon on. Kinda wish i had gotten SYWR points so i could buy a Music CD.

Continuing the fail week at my store, today we finally had Transformers DotM out (although no Zelda for anybody looking for that), but nobody had heard of the comic book (anybody found this?) and the coupon didn't print either. I shudder to think what will happen with tomorrow's releases.

[quote name='nnthomas']Well we can tell who wears the pants in the relationship...[/QUOTE]

Man, of all the canned responses you could have used, that's what you went with? There were so many other better ones you could have gone with...

"Of course a WOMAN knows how to fix a shopping issue."
"I smell troll, everybody knows girls don't play games..."
And my favorite: "R u a gurl? R u hot?"

;) Just teasing of course...

The truth is actually he works days, I work nights so I have more time to do this sort of stuff than he does. And being a gamer myself, I need me my new games.

I am going to go out on a limb and say all the coupons will print fine tomorrow and you will have a few stores with zero accountability not have the games out. However, if anyone purchases Fear 3 at Kmart, they are a complete moron.

No luck with Zelda at the Wall or Brick stores....ended up picking it up at GS with a giftcard- I'll save my 20 dollar coupon for next week (maybe Alice?)

[quote name='thejnc']I'm sorry I forget, is this Cheap Ass Gamer?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But the important word here is "Gamer" separating us from merely being cheap-asses. As gamers, we appreciate and support our cherished art form (Yeah, Ebert, I said it), though as CAGs we make sure we optimize our gains while doing so. Those gains aren't always quantified in currency. Most often, those gains are measured in the amount of enjoyment had, and the timing of the experience factors in. Sending a message that we will endorse some things over others (be them games, publishers, retailers, purchase methods, etc.) is part of this as well. Playing a game while others are first experiencing it, having avoided business elements that we dislike, and even getting a bonus or a deal on top of that is all part of the overall value.

Alternately, if the goal is to merely spend as little as possible on a game, NES and Genesis carts tend to go for a few bucks at flea markets. Bet you're laughing now at all your friends who paid top dollar twenty years ago when these titles were socially relevant.

didn't see it posted anywhere yet, so I wanted to share:

Burger king kids meals come with a $5 off $20 gaming purchase for Kmart valid 6/20-7/23.

The Burger King thing was posted, though it looks like no one has added it to the first page yet. Worth noting that it cannot be combined with other gaming coupons per its fine print.

[quote name='Nezo']didn't see it posted anywhere yet, so I wanted to share:

Burger king kids meals come with a $5 off $20 gaming purchase for Kmart valid 6/20-7/23.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does and I would also like to confirm that this does work on a $20 PSN card. That is if you can find $20 PSN cards at your store as Kmart does a poor job at restocking them.

If the $20 coupon that expires on 7/2 is "voided", will the coupon that prints be valid?
I bought Duke Nukem with the coupon and a manager, she didn't have a name tag, said this coupon may not work.

I forgot to bring my reciept today. I'll email Josh tomorrow with my issue and experience.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Why is anyone going to waste their time calling corporate so we can have an employee who I will have to come face-to-face with call me back and apologize? Why in the world is anyone going to go through all of these steps when they can go down the road or online and get similar deals, better deals, and not have to put up with this BS? It is not going to happen and never will happen. We all love Josh, and I believe everyone respects what he has accomplished/tried to do with this company, but the BS just is not worth it for anyone other than a few die hard CAGers.

That is why I posted the original comments yesterday morning. Did I know that this Zelda deal was going to turn into a nightmare for about 90% of the people? Of course not, but I am not shocked at all. It does not make me feel any better by saying "I told you so". I am eagerly waiting for a deal that will get us back into Kmart and FORCE us to deal with this BS, but make it worth it for people at the same time. Meanwhile, it looks like the other retailers will be getting my business because they are stepping their game up, much like Kmart started to a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Because true cheapasses know that customers contacting corporate gets you not only satisfaction in the short-term, but in the long-term as well. I had an issue with Pampers, I called them and got the issue resolved (plus something extra for my trouble), but also I get gift certificates, coupons for up to 80% off, vouchers for new items to try for free... I did the same at Longhorn, got a gift card, coupons for free food, and I still get mailers and coupons. Fritolay, Unilever, General Mills, Chilis... The first rule of couponing in general is to contact companies to get exclusive deals and promos.

Besides which, the more feedback people get about sales, service, etc, the better your service, sales, etc will be. I wrote a positive email about Joyce at Kmart, she treats me like a Queen when I go in there and her service for us is above and beyond.

Now if only the nitwits who fill in while she's gone were so helpful.

[quote name='sadboy']^ That is so hot. It's like, "I'm tired of playing video games and browsing CAG, honey... (censored)" Yeowza.

Or the reverse. (gulp)[/QUOTE]

Many a conversation in our house has started with "Can you believe what so-and-so wrote on CAG?" And more than one day trip has been planned around what store is having an amazing sale.

How many copies of Zelda OOT 3D did most stores get? I've never had problems getting games release day/week at my Kmart in Bangor, ME but I went in today and although their was alloted space in the gaming section for Zelda no copies could be found. An employee in the gaming section who I hadn't seen before used his scanner to check and said he might have "one copy" went out back and told me that they must of sold the "one" copy they got?

When I went to pick up mines yesterday in NYC, Astor Place, they must have had 10 copies on the shelves when I left. Then again, the store and area was pretty empty around 11AM.

[quote name='DPsycho']Yes. But the important word here is "Gamer" separating us from merely being cheap-asses. As gamers, we appreciate and support our cherished art form (Yeah, Ebert, I said it), though as CAGs we make sure we optimize our gains while doing so. Those gains aren't always quantified in currency. Most often, those gains are measured in the amount of enjoyment had, and the timing of the experience factors in. Sending a message that we will endorse some things over others (be them games, publishers, retailers, purchase methods, etc.) is part of this as well. Playing a game while others are first experiencing it, having avoided business elements that we dislike, and even getting a bonus or a deal on top of that is all part of the overall value.

Alternately, if the goal is to merely spend as little as possible on a game, NES and Genesis carts tend to go for a few bucks at flea markets. Bet you're laughing now at all your friends who paid top dollar twenty years ago when these titles were socially relevant.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Some people just dont get it.

Awww, my K-Mart didn't have any Zeldas, which means I'm going to miss out on the soundtrack. Ahhh well, I don't care enough to drive to the other ones.

I was able to get in on the Zelda 3DS deal for free + a $15 coupon by using a previous $20 coupon and $19.99 in SYWR points, which was a great deal but...I was only able to get it by sheer determination and perseverance on my part. The story is a little lengthly but I believe it is a good read.

My wife was going by Kmart this afternoon so I told her to pick up Zelda. She calls back later after she doesn't see it in the case and talking to two associates who give her the "we must not have gotten it?" Of course she gives up because I don't think she cared too much about getting the game but that's another story. Determined because of the soundtrack offer ends today, I go the store after work, walk to electronics and I don't see a tag for the game in the display case. I ask the female associate behind the electronics counter about the Zelda game that was released yesterday. She said they must not have gotten it. I inform her, yes, you got it. She said it probably won't be released until tomorrow and I enlighten her that Nintendo releases their games on Sunday. So she looks in the drawer under the cash register and all the new release games for this week are in there. Each set of games, including Shadows of the Damned, has a rubber band around them with a date on a Post It note. I see (4) Zelda's with a Post It note that says 6/19 and she said she could not sell it to me before the release date. I tell her the date was yesterday, it was released yesterday. She said she needed to check so she looks in the circular then goes and gets the portable price scanner (PPS for short, I'm not sure what it's called). She scans the game then said okay she can sell it and if she sold it before the release date she would get fired. I tell her I don't believe the register would allow her to sell it before the release date and she said it (the register) would but the PPS would not. She was nice enough but no "I'm sorry" or anything. I can't imagine a regular, non-informed, gamer or parent, etc. getting in on some of these new release Kmart deals.

Josh, you must feel like you're herding cats sometimes!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']:applause:

Some people just dont get it.[/QUOTE]

I hear that you don't need any expensive game console if you just play free games on facebook, why don't we all just do that, we are CHEAP ASSES RITE?RITE?

[quote name='confoosious']:applause:

Some people just dont get it.[/QUOTE]
Gotta agree. Absolute lowest price ever isn't the first, last, and only goal of most CAGs. It's getting what you want, when you want it, for the best price at that time. I mean, sure, I can wait a few years and most games will be $10 or $15, maybe even less. But it also means that the online communities for said games are almost always extinct, so if it's a game like Brink where the game's value is its multiplayer, then you're not really getting your money's worth anyways.

Sometimes, having a game on day one can be worth the extra money if you get that money's worth of enjoyment out of it. It all comes down to what matters to you.

[quote name='GBAstar']How many copies of Zelda OOT 3D did most stores get?[/QUOTE]
The Kmart I go to only got three copies in, seems like shipments were small or nonexistant. :cry:

[quote name='GBAstar']How many copies of Zelda OOT 3D did most stores get? I've never had problems getting games release day/week at my Kmart in Bangor, ME but I went in today and although their was alloted space in the gaming section for Zelda no copies could be found. An employee in the gaming section who I hadn't seen before used his scanner to check and said he might have "one copy" went out back and told me that they must of sold the "one" copy they got?[/QUOTE]

My store only got 2 copies in... I was very surprised when I opened the box to find only two! I guess we are considered a low volume store game wise, and the one copy that was left after I bought mine is still there...

yeah there were two copies at mine as well. I remember hearing something about that the shipments would be limited, or maybe that was only for japan.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah there were two copies at mine as well. I remember hearing something about that the shipments would be limited, or maybe that was only for japan.[/QUOTE]

It would have been awesome if Nintendo had done something to make the first wave truly limited. The soundtrack is really cool but I would have liked to see the first shipment had had collectors packaging or a "gold cartridge".

Regardless one of my biggest criticisms of Kmart right now is their stock issues. I know they don't have the buying power and market share of a gamestop or best buy but it sucks that Josh puts out this great deals and Kmart gets such small quantities and takes a long time to restock.

I had an issue yesterday with my coupon and I still haven't heard back from anyone at SHC. Usually these things are handled near instantly. I'm kinda worried.

[quote name='Fabs']I had an issue yesterday with my coupon and I still haven't heard back from anyone at SHC. Usually these things are handled near instantly. I'm kinda worried.[/QUOTE]

He's on vacation, give him a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back