Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
shadows of the damned is the real deal. I haven't been as impressed with a game in years. Really feels like something from the PS2 era in a good way.

Also, fucking weird. But you knew that already.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Sears = overstaffed. Kmart = understaffed. (At least, from my experience.)

If only we could balance the two between themselves. One can dream.[/QUOTE]

Then we can have Kmart workers staring at the TVs instead of helping customers! Perfect!

Well I just had my first bad experience with a KMart coupon.

I got a $20 coupon for L.A. Noire, but didn't really want to pick up a game. So on Monday I went to grab a PSN card. The KMart I went to (Lincoln & State College) had no cards, and from what I've seen of that store haven't had any for at least 2 months. That's a different problem for another time, but it made me turn my attention to another day and another store.

On Wednesday, I went to the Euclid and Katella location where I got the coupon in the first place. After looking around for a while I managed to find some $20 PSN cards. I went with one to checkout, gave the guy my SYWR card, and the coupon. This is where the problems began.

Part of it could be my fault. I don't know how it happened, but the coupon itself is fading away, and looks like it has spots...hard to describe exactly. Anyway, the barcode won't read, and the 16 digit number below it is also starting to fade. I wrote down the number to try and combat this.

He tried keying in the numbers, and the register said "reward not met" or something to that effect. He thought it might be because I was only buying one card. So we tried 2 PSN cards, and the same problem. At this point I asked him to call the Manager. He told me that if he couldn't help me then the manager wouldn't be able to do anything about it either. I told him to call the manager anyway.

He did, and the "manager" came back there. After explaining the situation to her, she told me there was nothing that she could do, and that I could come back tomorrow and talk to...THE MANAGER!

Now at this point I'm getting a bit frustrated. I asked to see the manager, and after waiting...and waiting for who I thought was the manager to come back there, she doesn't turn out to be the manager. Maybe they don't quite understand, but when I'm asking to see the manager, I'm asking to see someone who has some kind of power to get things done, not someone who tells me I should come back another time.

So now I don't know what to do. One store doesn't have cards, and one store has them but can't find a way to make the coupon work.

i dunno what to tell you if the number you wrote down isnt right and the coupon faded.

I always keep mine in a drawer with other receipts and stuff, if you've been running around with it in your wallet it probably did get worn off.

[quote name='TheKing']So now I don't know what to do. One store doesn't have cards, and one store has them but can't find a way to make the coupon work.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried getting someone else to see if they can make out the numbers differently?

[quote name='sadboy']Have you tried getting someone else to see if they can make out the numbers differently?[/QUOTE]

You know after scanning the coupon into Photoshop, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake with one of the numbers. Something that looked like a 7 to my eye (and the guy at KMart) looks like a 9 in PS.

I even used PS to repair the barcode, but its not UPC so I can't figure out anything from it other than the fact that KMart may be able to scan the reprinted code.

Every time I've bought something at K-Mart recently with my SYWR card, they email me a digital copy of the receipt. I guess that's just for situations like this where the original receipt gets damaged or lost and you can still get your rewards back. Might want to check your email back on the day your purchased the item and you might have that digital copy.

[quote name='jer7583']shadows of the damned is the real deal. I haven't been as impressed with a game in years. Really feels like something from the PS2 era in a good way.

Also, fucking weird. But you knew that already.[/QUOTE]

Just finished it on Hard in a little over 9 1/2 hours and I'd probably give it a 7.5 or 8. The graphics are well behind the times and there is some tedium involved especially with a few bosses and a certain level. The gameplay is solid for the most part though and I really liked most of the humor as lowbrow as it was. :D

[quote name='TheKing']Well I just had my first bad experience with a KMart coupon.

I got a $20 coupon for L.A. Noire, but didn't really want to pick up a game. So on Monday I went to grab a PSN card. The KMart I went to (Lincoln & State College) had no cards, and from what I've seen of that store haven't had any for at least 2 months. That's a different problem for another time, but it made me turn my attention to another day and another store.

On Wednesday, I went to the Euclid and Katella location where I got the coupon in the first place. After looking around for a while I managed to find some $20 PSN cards. I went with one to checkout, gave the guy my SYWR card, and the coupon. This is where the problems began.

Part of it could be my fault. I don't know how it happened, but the coupon itself is fading away, and looks like it has spots...hard to describe exactly. Anyway, the barcode won't read, and the 16 digit number below it is also starting to fade. I wrote down the number to try and combat this.

He tried keying in the numbers, and the register said "reward not met" or something to that effect. He thought it might be because I was only buying one card. So we tried 2 PSN cards, and the same problem. At this point I asked him to call the Manager. He told me that if he couldn't help me then the manager wouldn't be able to do anything about it either. I told him to call the manager anyway.

He did, and the "manager" came back there. After explaining the situation to her, she told me there was nothing that she could do, and that I could come back tomorrow and talk to...THE MANAGER!

Now at this point I'm getting a bit frustrated. I asked to see the manager, and after waiting...and waiting for who I thought was the manager to come back there, she doesn't turn out to be the manager. Maybe they don't quite understand, but when I'm asking to see the manager, I'm asking to see someone who has some kind of power to get things done, not someone who tells me I should come back another time.

So now I don't know what to do. One store doesn't have cards, and one store has them but can't find a way to make the coupon work.[/QUOTE]

I hate when stores do that (The manager thing). It always really ticks me off.

Anyway, the digital receipt you got from your LA Noire purchase should have the gaming coupon on it. So if you can find that, no biggie.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Sears = overstaffed. Kmart = understaffed. (At least, from my experience.)

Accurate statement. I went to Kmart last week to pick a game up and then directly to Sears to grab Dead Space 2. Kmart was was very understaffed and Sears had three employees just in the TV department - discussing pawn shops and who offers the best deals on pawning.

[quote name='sadboy']I don't about anyone else, but I don't always get a digital receipt.[/QUOTE]

When you make a purchase at Kmart, during the transaction the cashier has the option to select one of three choices about your receipt. He/she can select:

-- print only
-- print and email
-- email only

The options are self explanatory, but I've noticed that if I am watching and ask them to press the "print and email", I get the emailed receipts. If I'm not paying attention, I just get a print copy. If you're getting a game coupon with the purchase, I highly suggest that you have them select "print and email", so you get a digital copy as well.

Also, if you put the receipt in your wallet, it can easily get faded from being cooked and exposed to moisture. Probably better to put the receipt somewhere safe at home until you are planning to use it.

[quote name='sadboy']I don't about anyone else, but I don't always get a digital receipt.[/QUOTE]

Me too, although I haven't bought anything since LA Noire. I believe the cashier needs to select a prompt that says "digital receipt." At least that's how it used to be.

[quote name='TheKing']You know after scanning the coupon into Photoshop, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake with one of the numbers. Something that looked like a 7 to my eye (and the guy at KMart) looks like a 9 in PS.

I even used PS to repair the barcode, but its not UPC so I can't figure out anything from it other than the fact that KMart may be able to scan the reprinted code.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like it's on you man, you should keep your receipts out of the sunlight. The sunlight kills the print, same thing on lotto tickets.

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha i need one too.[/QUOTE]3

nope, u said he needed a proofreader, as in, someone to proofread his stuff, u didn't say he needed to have it proofreaded, u were right, and would it be proofread (read as in past tense) or proofreaded?

i've noticed that too... although in a kmart store i was at yesterday, there were like... 7 employees in the electronics section... lol

[quote name='Glasscocked']This sounds like it's on you man, you should keep your receipts out of the sunlight. The sunlight kills the print, same thing on lotto tickets.[/QUOTE]

yep, but as long as u keep ur coupon in ur wallet and keep ur wallet dry, it'll fade a bit but not to the extent that it's illegible. I have one nearing the exp date (6/25) and its still good

[quote name='Glasscocked']This sounds like it's on you man, you should keep your receipts out of the sunlight. The sunlight kills the print, same thing on lotto tickets.[/QUOTE]
This. Thermal paper isn't that hard to manage, people.

My wife tells a story about driving 5 hours to a concert one summer with a friend, only to get there and realize that her friend had left the tickets on the dash and the thermal ink had turned them solid black. lol.

They had to buy new tickets off a scalper in the parking lot.

These coupons are horrible! The purchase has to be $20 or more and that kmart has almost everything pirced incorrectly. $40 for MGS:pW? And to make things worse I can't even see the prices of any of the games since they are shelved so goddamned weirdly. If there was anyway I could opt out of coupons and get the SYWR points I would love it.

[quote name='TheKing']Well I just had my first bad experience with a KMart coupon.

So now I don't know what to do. One store doesn't have cards, and one store has them but can't find a way to make the coupon work.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem before. When they have to enter it into the register, they have to choose a category. The gaming coupons don't fall under the obvious category. I think the correct choice is "Kmart Cash," but my memory is a little hazy. There's a more obvious one like "coupons" but that's not the right choice.

Hi Josh, I was wondering if there will be any kind of promo for the Uncharted and Resistance Collections coming to us in about a month?

Both are probably must buys for me, so I was wondering if I was going to ride or die on the coupon train. Thanks!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi Josh, I was wondering if there will be any kind of promo for the Uncharted and Resistance Collections coming to us in about a month? [/QUOTE]
Uncharted Collection? Has that been announced?

Well Sears' big departments are usually staffed by two types.

1) People on draw commission. Which means they only get to keep their money if they are selling

2) People on a low base+ commission structure who make less than minimum wage but with commissions added in if they are selling.

So it's not as costly to keep them overstaffed. Plus as others have said, adding more Kmart employees who talk to themselves and ignore customers isn't really going to help. Kmart needs to change it's culture. They need a renewed focus on management, teamwork and training.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi Josh, I was wondering if there will be any kind of promo for the Uncharted and Resistance Collections coming to us in about a month?

Both are probably must buys for me, so I was wondering if I was going to ride or die on the coupon train. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I asked about the Resistance collection a couple weeks ago, Josh said Kmart wouldn't be carrying it, because they have too much existing stock of the two individual titles.

[quote name='DJP519']I asked about the Resistance collection a couple weeks ago, Josh said Kmart wouldn't be carrying it, because they have too much existing stock of the two individual titles.[/QUOTE]
Ok. Thanks for the reply dude. Uncharted Collection may or may not share the same fate.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']nope, u said he needed a proofreader, as in, someone to proofread his stuff, u didn't say he needed to have it proofreaded, u were right, and would it be proofread (read as in past tense) or proofreaded?[/QUOTE]
I apologize for being a Grammarazi for a moment but it's "proofread," not "proofreaded." You don't say "I readed a book yesterday," after all, so the same past tense rule applies to "proofread." Although it is ironic getting grammatical corrections from someone with, shall we say, less than stellar spelling and grammar himself. ;) (I kid, I kid. No harm meant.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I apologize for being a Grammarazi for a moment but it's "proofread," not "proofreaded." You don't say "I readed a book yesterday," after all, so the same past tense rule applies to "proofread." Although it is ironic getting grammatical corrections from someone with, shall we say, less than stellar spelling and grammar himself. ;) (I kid, I kid. No harm meant.)[/QUOTE]

No harm taken. Honestly, I am quite capable of speaking/typing with decent spelling and grammar. And yep, that's what I thought, Proofread (past tense). I was merely quoting what had been said as a correction (confoosious wrote he needs a proofreader, which is correct but someone made it a quote and said, he needs a proofreaded).

[quote name='SPVietBoy']No harm taken. Honestly, I am quite capable of speaking/typing with decent spelling and grammar. And yep, that's what I thought, Proofread (past tense). I was merely quoting what had been said as a correction (confoosious wrote he needs a proofreader, which is correct but someone made it a quote and said, he needs a proofreaded).[/QUOTE]

he went back in and edited it...:roll:

[quote name='oiskaio']he went back in and edited it...:roll:[/QUOTE]

? wat? i know, confoosious was right, and the guy who "corrected" him was wrong. maybe i was being unclear? i apologize

[quote name='chimpmeister']The options are self explanatory, but I've noticed that if I am watching and ask them to press the "print and email", I get the emailed receipts. If I'm not paying attention, I just get a print copy. If you're getting a game coupon with the purchase, I highly suggest that you have them select "print and email", so you get a digital copy as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that explanation! I guess at my store they all of a sudden started not picking the e-mail options about a month ago, because before that I always used to get the digital copies, and since then I never have. Good to know.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']? wat? i know, confoosious was right, and the guy who "corrected" him was wrong. maybe i was being unclear? i apologize[/QUOTE]

It was originally a typo. I clearly meant proofreadeR and typed a D instead. Which was ironic since I was saying the article was poorly written. I then fixed myself.

So i laughed at myself and fixed it.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']? wat? i know, confoosious was right, and the guy who "corrected" him was wrong. maybe i was being unclear? i apologize[/QUOTE]
I think what he means to say is that confoosius had typed "proofreaded" (a simple typing mistake to make) originally. Someone quoted that post, where the mistake was. Confoosius, seeing the mistake pointed out, dutifully went back and corrected his post accordingly (and was good-natured about the ribbing.) You can see confoosius' post was edited at the bottom of it.

...my, we have gotten off-topic, haven't we? :lol:

In other news, August can't get here soon enough. There isn't a whole lot coming out this summer that seems especially huge. Once Deus Ex hits, we start a nice stream of titles through November. Should be good times.

EDIT: Ninja'd by six whole minutes! Man I'm slow.

[quote name='martinez91']Somewhat off topic but an interesting read about sears/kmart nonetheless. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112989/brands-disappear-2012-247
[/QUOTE]
Interesting read. I had to chuckle at this part though:
New CEO Lou D'Ambrosio recently said of the last quarter that, "we also fell short on executing with excellence. We cannot control the weather or economy or government spending. But we can control how we execute and leverage the potent set of assets we have."
No, you definitely cannot control just how badly your HR assets in some stores execute.

Interestingly, around my area, Sears is definitely the more upscale brand. Nicer, cleaner, larger, brighter stores, some as mall anchors, with wider isles, more attractive displays, nicer weekly ads, better brands of products, and sure, maybe overstaffed, but at least you get help.

The market image is sort of a cross of JCPenney and Home Depot - a big push on tools and equipment, but also clothing, bedding, jewelry.

K-marts are definitely the more ghetto-ish stores in comparison. Worse locations in strip malls, darker, more chaotic, harder to find things, lack of staff. Sort of like a one-eyed competitor to Walmart, but probably not as cheap or offering as many services in a store.

A Sears you may want to go to. A K-mart you probably don't, especially given that most of the K-marts around here definitely attract a certain socio-economic layer that at least some people would rather pay more than shop with.

So around here, I would actually prefer if Sears "won" and the K-marts went away, if I had to pick.

[quote name='biledriver']

So it's not as costly to keep them overstaffed. Plus as others have said, adding more Kmart employees who talk to themselves and ignore customers isn't really going to help. Kmart needs to change it's culture. They need a renewed focus on management, teamwork and training.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they seriously need to hire some of the Sears employees at K-mart. I work like a minute from a Sears, and about 10 minutes from a K-mart. Every time I go to that k-mart the electronics guy is like some 20 year old guy who is always in a pissed mood, and seems to not even give a fuck. Now if I walked into Sears I would be greated by a guy saying can I help you with anything, all nice and friendly.

Around here Sears is like a up scale department store, and k-mart is a ghetto wal mart knockoff (with the same crowd as wal mart shoppers). Nothing against K-mart or Sears, just what I been noticing.

By the way anyone have any 100% confirmation on Alice on sunday yet? I just want to be sure so I can plan our my trip on Sunday.

What? I'm always good natured! :)

If anyone is hesitant on Shadows of the Damned - Get It. Poor Alice is gonna take a backseat to Garcia Hotspur on my 360.

[quote name='confoosious']It was originally a typo. I clearly meant proofreadeR and typed a D instead. Which was ironic since I was saying the article was poorly written. I then fixed myself.

So i laughed at myself and fixed it.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh

[quote name='confoosious']What? I'm always good natured! :)

If anyone is hesitant on Shadows of the Damned - Get It. Poor Alice is gonna take a backseat to Garcia Hotspur on my 360.[/QUOTE]

hmm... not sure if i wanna do SoTD or get another controller... anyone know for sure if the dualshock price is for all colors for sure?

[quote name='confoosious']What? I'm always good natured! :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are. I don't harp on typos on the Internet, but I thought the context was funny. I regret it now because of the thread derailment.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']ahhhh

hmm... not sure if i wanna do SoTD or get another controller... anyone know for sure if the dualshock price is for all colors for sure?[/QUOTE]
Forumers have reported getting various colors. I'm going for a white one tomorrow.

[quote name='confoosious']What? I'm always good natured! :)

If anyone is hesitant on Shadows of the Damned - Get It. Poor Alice is gonna take a backseat to Garcia Hotspur on my 360.[/QUOTE]
Dang.. i was planning on skipping both. I think i'm going to have to get SotD though.

So, I'm not familiar with Kmart's receipts or policy or computer system, but if you used your rewards card they can definitely look up that transaction and at least reprint your original receipt, which may or may not reprint the coupon. Again, I'm not familiar with their receipts, but when I worked at Circuit City back in the day and we had rebates those would reprint with the receipt regardless of when they were printed. At the very least, though, someone, somewhere higher up the chain of command has a copy of that coupon. Especially if, as they mentioned a few pages back, they're tracking people who have used coupons they're not earned. So, if they know that much, they know how to get those rewards back into your hands. Just a thought.

Tried my local store, and they were completely out of Dualshock 3 stock. They said "maybe" they would get a shipment in by Thurs or Fri, so that was a complete waste of a trip. Going to have to call before heading there now. I see some people are getting various colors, so were the candy pink ones available, or forest green? If they have the pink, its a no brainer for my wife's birthday.

Has anyone seen a dark green/jungle green Dual Shock 3 at any of their Kmarts? I think I only saw the regular colors like red/blue/silver/white/charcoal.

Edit: I was thinking the same thing about the green one like the poster above me. lol

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Has anyone seen a dark green/jungle green Dual Shock 3 at any of their Kmarts? I think I only saw the regular colors like red/blue/silver/white/charcoal.

Edit: I was thinking the same thing about the green one like the poster above me. lol[/QUOTE]

You likely already know this but if not I just wanted to let you know. The dark green controller is not entirely that color. Just the front of the controller is that color. The back of the controller is solid black. So it's a two tone controller. I personally wasn't a fan when I found out the back was not green.

Edit: I've been out of town since this past Sunday so I haven't really been able to check this thread as closely as I usually do and I don't want to go back and read every post that I missed. The OP hasn't been updated to reflect next weeks deals but has Josh or anybody else posted the deals for this coming week? If somebody could link me to that post or recap what was said, I'd appreciate it. If they haven't been posted, that's cool also. Thanks.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Has anyone seen a dark green/jungle green Dual Shock 3 at any of their Kmarts? I think I only saw the regular colors like red/blue/silver/white/charcoal.

Edit: I was thinking the same thing about the green one like the poster above me. lol[/QUOTE]

I emailed Josh about this before and Kmart will not be carrying the green controller at all.

[quote name='splintercell']Continuing the fail week at my store, today we finally had Transformers DotM out [...], but nobody had heard of the comic book (anybody found this?)[/QUOTE]

I'm curious if anyone got a copy of this book as well. I've left my name and number with two different people at my local store, but they apparently cannot locate it.

Just got the weekly ad. Nothing in it except a few deals on uDraw software and $10 off wii titles that I believe are advertised cheaper on the Best Buy weekly ad thread.

RE for 3DS is advertised but no mention of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back