Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gerry P.']What's with all the "we can't even plan ahead anymore" drama? Has there been a trend in the OP where sales were announced and then delayed?... or is this just a singular mistake? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]
It's just that RE: Mercs had the release date (6/28) listed and said there was an offer planned next to it. cheesebu wanted to use his LA Noire coupon on it but couldn't because the deal for it isn't until next week at which point the LA Noire coupon may be expired. It just happened with that one game and it was fixed though so no big deal.

Welcome back Josh hope you got some good R&R.

People complaining about the Resident Evil 3DS game deal not being until "the following week" are forgetting that there is a difference between a street date and a ship date. The major games are street dated, meaning that they are shipped to stores ahead of time so that they can go on sale on release day. Most of your other titles, such as RE, are merely ship dated, which means that they don't actually get dropped into UPS until that day, and it's gonna be Thursday, Friday, or worse before they actually show up on store shelves. And Josh has a well-established history of doing deals on ship-dated games throughout the following week, because he knows that most stores have a major problem with getting the games out, and he wants to give all of you a full week worth of opportunity to actually be able to pick up the deal.

So the next time you're anticipating a deal on any game that isn't exactly a AAA release, you'd be smart to pay attention to whether it is street-dated or ship-dated, because if it's ship-dated, it is VERY likely that Josh is going to set up the deal for the entire FOLLOWING week, knowing that you'd be lucky as hell to actually find it in a store until then anyways. Use 2 brain cells and plan your coupons accordingly.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Welcome back Josh. Thanks for the great deals I've been cashing in on.

Here is a question. Any plans to participate in Shopkick?

@chimpmeister:
Nice Sig btw...[/QUOTE]
What is shop kick? :)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']People complaining about the Resident Evil 3DS game deal not being until "the following week" are forgetting that there is a difference between a street date and a ship date. The major games are street dated, meaning that they are shipped to stores ahead of time so that they can go on sale on release day. Most of your other titles, such as RE, are merely ship dated, which means that they don't actually get dropped into UPS until that day, and it's gonna be Thursday, Friday, or worse before they actually show up on store shelves. And Josh has a well-established history of doing deals on ship-dated games throughout the following week, because he knows that most stores have a major problem with getting the games out, and he wants to give all of you a full week worth of opportunity to actually be able to pick up the deal.

So the next time you're anticipating a deal on any game that isn't exactly a AAA release, you'd be smart to pay attention to whether it is street-dated or ship-dated, because if it's ship-dated, it is VERY likely that Josh is going to set up the deal for the entire FOLLOWING week, knowing that you'd be lucky as hell to actually find it in a store until then anyways. Use 2 brain cells and plan your coupons accordingly.[/QUOTE]
One thing I could do to make it easier it to make sure ship date titles are noted as such to avoid confusion.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One thing I could do to make it easier it to make sure ship date titles are noted as such to avoid confusion.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea, I hope you do.

And thanks for the great deal on Alice. I stopped by one store on the way to work, but they were sold out. I'll have to wait until Wednesday now and drive the opposite direction to go scour the 3 "big city" stores until I find a copy, which I will then spend my LA Noire coupon on :)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']People complaining about the Resident Evil 3DS game deal not being until "the following week" are forgetting that there is a difference between a street date and a ship date. The major games are street dated, meaning that they are shipped to stores ahead of time so that they can go on sale on release day. Most of your other titles, such as RE, are merely ship dated, which means that they don't actually get dropped into UPS until that day, and it's gonna be Thursday, Friday, or worse before they actually show up on store shelves. And Josh has a well-established history of doing deals on ship-dated games throughout the following week, because he knows that most stores have a major problem with getting the games out, and he wants to give all of you a full week worth of opportunity to actually be able to pick up the deal.

So the next time you're anticipating a deal on any game that isn't exactly a AAA release, you'd be smart to pay attention to whether it is street-dated or ship-dated, because if it's ship-dated, it is VERY likely that Josh is going to set up the deal for the entire FOLLOWING week, knowing that you'd be lucky as hell to actually find it in a store until then anyways. Use 2 brain cells and plan your coupons accordingly.[/QUOTE]
You can defend it all you want bottom line is it was unclear at best and ideally it wouldn't happen. If it was a lat minute deal or anything like that it was unavoidable. If it was a ship date it should have said so if that was known (as has been done with other titles).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One thing I could do to make it easier it to make sure ship date titles are noted as such to avoid confusion.[/QUOTE]
And that solves that. NEXT!

[quote name='nbballard']Will there be a deal on Catherine?

(I KID!!!)[/QUOTE]Of course come on down! I heard they got it early!

PS fuck Capcom for their RE Mercs DRM. Why would people support that garbage anyway. I hope it sells like shit (except at Kmart)!

My in-store pickup preorder at another store for RE: Mercs will be available for pickup tomorrow.
What would make you think it wouldn't be consiered a "major title" Anyway? It's Resident Evil.

[quote name='Greyline108']My in-store pickup preorder at another store for RE: Mercs will be available for pickup tomorrow.
What would make you think it wouldn't be consiered a "major title" Anyway? It's Resident Evil.[/QUOTE]
For the 3DS. And even then it's not really the type of RE that everyone wants.

[quote name='ShockandAww']For the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

DOA Dimensions was available day 1, I'd imagine that its even less of a "major title" than mercs.
I know there's a difference between ship and street dates, but I don't think that that technicality pops up as often as it was made to sound like it did. Take SotD. Undeniably a very niche title, but it was also available at most stores the first day, wasn't it?

[quote name='Greyline108']My in-store pickup preorder at another store for RE: Mercs will be available for pickup tomorrow.
What would make you think it wouldn't be consiered a "major title" Anyway? It's Resident Evil.[/QUOTE]

In my experience just about every game gets there for release except for titles by very small companies. These games are usually Blazblue, anything NISA, and other companies in this area.

@ Shockedandaww

I dont honestly see the issue here. Resident Evil the mercs is a mini game and sure you can fight to prevent future games having it... but most likely it will not take off. A bigger problem is EA/THQ and their ongoing passes to use X or Y. Either or RETM is an arcade game which means the majority of save space will be high scores. In addition just about every 3DS game has had some sort of deal for a lower price. It's hard to say used is worth it when we have constant buy 1 get 1 50%/29.99 release week price/15.99 3DS titles at TRU/etc.

[quote name='Greyline108']DOA Dimensions was available day 1, I'd imagine that its even less of a "major title" than mercs.
I know there's a difference between ship and street dates, but I don't think that that technicality pops up as often as it was made to sound like it did. Take SotD. Undeniably a very niche title, but it was also available at most stores the first day, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]
I dont know exactly what youre saying so Im just going to babble and hope that something hits...

Yeah SotD was street dated. I think it's the publishers that do that BS with ship/street dates and no it isnt extremely common but it's common enough. If they ship dated a game like Skyrim I imagine people would throw a shit fit. Everybody knows it's 11/11/11. And it better be available to buy that day or people will be upset.

[quote name='admiralvic']In my experience just about every game gets there for release except for titles by very small companies. These games are usually Blazblue, anything NISA, and other companies in this area.

@ Shockedandaww

I dont honestly see the issue here. Resident Evil the mercs is a mini game and sure you can fight to prevent future games having it... but most likely it will not take off. A bigger problem is EA/THQ and their ongoing passes to use X or Y. Either or RETM is an arcade game which means the majority of save space will be high scores. In addition just about every 3DS game has had some sort of deal for a lower price. It's hard to say used is worth it when we have constant buy 1 get 1 50%/29.99 release week price/15.99 3DS titles at TRU/etc.[/QUOTE]

I think the opposite. An online pass is acceptable to me. I don't like it, but looking from their perspective it is fair as far as I can see. I may just not be looking very far though.

The no resetting of saved data in RE is just ridiculous though. They're crippling replay value of the game for the original buyer even if there is no intention to resell.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What is shop kick? :)[/QUOTE]

Mobile App/Deal Generator that gives offers when you "check in" at certain locations.

www.shopkick.com

Best Buy recently used it for a $5 Reward Zone promotion.

[quote name='blahtastic']Do people even read manuals anymore? I haven't even bothered looking at the manual for video games in years...especially since there is almost always a tutorial level at the beginning nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Ever since a kid, I loved to read manuals in bed and the restroom lol. That still applies today with games that provide interesting manuals.

If anyone of you remember or know, Working Designs made some of the best manuals.

[quote name='nbballard']Will there be a deal on Catherine?

(I KID!!!)[/QUOTE]

Yea, its the same release deal as DWG3 :lol:

[quote name='ShockandAww']
I think the opposite. An online pass is acceptable to me. I don't like it, but looking from their perspective it is fair as far as I can see. I may just not be looking very far though.

The no resetting of saved data in RE is just ridiculous though. They're crippling replay value of the game for the original buyer even if there is no intention to resell.[/QUOTE]
Some passes are ok like Bulletstorm which unlocked some levels which were basically cropped out of campaign. Red Faction was the same with their god awful destruction mode... I admit being optional is a perk; though these are bigger features than the save state that few care about.

I dont think they're killing replay value. The game has a LONG way to go till you hit "100%". To 100% the game you will need to use coins to buy every weapon for every character and all that jazz. I dont know how many would have fun reobtaining the highest score cause they cant beat their old score/want to reunlock stuff. The only thing I wonder is if corruption would automatically make a new save. (it should atleast)

[quote name='admiralvic']Some passes are ok like Bulletstorm which unlocked some levels which were basically cropped out of campaign. Red Faction was the same with their god awful destruction mode... I admit being optional is a perk; though these are bigger features than the save state that few care about.

I dont think they're killing replay value. The game has a LONG way to go till you hit "100%". To 100% the game you will need to use coins to buy every weapon for every character and all that jazz. I dont know how many would have fun reobtaining the highest score cause they cant beat their old score/want to reunlock stuff. The only thing I wonder is if corruption would automatically make a new save. (it should atleast)[/QUOTE]
Well in a realistic situation, you might not want to replay it, but what happens if you have someone else like a family member or significant other who wants to play it. You would have to buy another copy for them to experience the whole game.

I don't have a problem with Online Passes because I prefer to buy new games anyway and support the devs. If it helps increased sales of games, I am all for it. Yes I am a CAG, don't get me wrong but I am also a developer so I know what it's like to be on that end.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Mobile App/Deal Generator that gives offers when you "check in" at certain locations.

www.shopkick.com

Best Buy recently used it for a $5 Reward Zone promotion.[/QUOTE]
Very cool, hmmm.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well in a realistic situation, you might not want to replay it, but what happens if you have someone else like a family member or significant other who wants to play it. You would have to buy another copy for them to experience the whole game.

I don't have a problem with Online Passes because I prefer to buy new games anyway and support the devs.[/QUOTE]

Meh people act like this is Zelda and all the temples are open. You have 20 hearts/nothing to collect/every power up. Mercs is an arcade game (thats mission based) and you only miss out on unlocking items. Playing the game now or later will add minimal differences...

• Alternate costume
  • Alternate characters
  • Alternate weapons

From what I understand the weapons are only unlocked though coins. Going off the console versions playing as Wesker for instance did not make the game easier (I actually found it harder...), but simply different. If you need coins to unlock other weapons they're just going to replay missions (which is all the game is). Seriously if people want to get mad about things go be mad at Arc... Their 3DS version of Blazblue was simply in 1 word "Insulting"

My view is that Project $10 and others like it should stop punishing used buyers and start rewarding new buyers. Instead of withholding entire modes or levels or other parts of the game to punish people who buy it used, why not instead find some way to reward people who buy it new? It makes people hate your system less and keeps your loyal customers happy.

That's the thing that irritates me a lot about this industry at times, is how little companies value the fans loyal enough to buy their games day one. Of course, given how little developers and publishers value their own workers, I guess that's not surprising.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't have a problem with Online Passes because I prefer to buy new games anyway and support the devs. If it helps increased sales of games, I am all for it. Yes I am a CAG, don't get me wrong but I am also a developer so I know what it's like to be on that end.[/QUOTE]
I'm all for supporting good developers too, but I don't understand why the industry seems to so vitriolically hate used sales. Sure, it sucks the publishers don't get that new sale, but economically speaking not everyone can or will outlay $60 for every new game they may want, and used sales legally and financially satisfy that consumer demand. Valve has figured this out, and that's why they have their crazy sales: they know there are different prices that different segments of the consumer base will buy something at, and the trick is to eventually get it to a price that they will.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']My view is that Project $10 and others like it should stop punishing used buyers and start rewarding new buyers. Instead of withholding entire modes or levels or other parts of the game to punish people who buy it used, why not instead find some way to reward people who buy it new? It makes people hate your system less and keeps your loyal customers happy.

That's the thing that irritates me a lot about this industry at times, is how little companies value the fans loyal enough to buy their games day one. Of course, given how little developers and publishers value their own workers, I guess that's not surprising.

I'm all for supporting good developers too, but I don't understand why the industry seems to so vitriolically hate used sales. Sure, it sucks the publishers don't get that new sale, but economically speaking not everyone can or will outlay $60 for every new game they may want, and used sales legally and financially satisfy that consumer demand. Valve has figured this out, and that's why they have their crazy sales: they know there are different prices that different segments of the consumer base will buy something at, and the trick is to eventually get it to a price that they will.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on how you look at it- It can be seen as "If you buy it new- you get free modes and multiplayer", whereas if you buy it used, you have to play for that DLC.

I don't have a problem with this system. It's much more preferable that CD keys, DRM, or those pesky cart based games that can't be reset (I'm looking at you, new RE game!)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']My view is that Project $10 and others like it should stop punishing used buyers and start rewarding new buyers. Instead of withholding entire modes or levels or other parts of the game to punish people who buy it used, why not instead find some way to reward people who buy it new? It makes people hate your system less and keeps your loyal customers happy.
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the same thing. It's all perception. All the used buyers will say "what the f? where's the content that the new buyers get? waaaaaahhhh"

have you seen the idiot silver members complaining about deals gold members get? people are whiny and stupid so fuck em. I don't mind the online pass stuff cause i get 95% of my games new.

So Josh good to have you back
as a curiosity what are the requirements and restrictions for the $10 coupon that for example I just got for buying alice and a $20 points card
(ie can we get it multiple times and what is the dollar amount required)

We all want things for free or as cheaply as possible. Just like companies want to pay as little and make as much margin as possible. At the end of the day we want it all and dont want to pay for it. Its the way it is. That is why there will always be people complaining. Those are the people that dont have it all.

Cool, but every other retailer has it on the day that it releases, which is tuesday. Every game that Kmart has gotten days late due to this, i've just bought it somewhere else.

If its just a ship date, why does it only affect Kmart?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']

I'm all for supporting good developers too, but I don't understand why the industry seems to so vitriolically hate used sales. Sure, it sucks the publishers don't get that new sale, but economically speaking not everyone can or will outlay $60 for every new game they may want, and used sales legally and financially satisfy that consumer demand. Valve has figured this out, and that's why they have their crazy sales: they know there are different prices that different segments of the consumer base will buy something at, and the trick is to eventually get it to a price that they will.[/QUOTE]

Well I can see why they hate used sales. They get no money from a used sale so it's essentially like you pirated the game from them. Plus it takes millions of dollars to make a game nowadays so every sale they can get from a game is needed so they can stay in business. Online passes are just another form of income. Like it or hate it, game companies are doing everything they can to stay afloat.

Now with that said, I hate any and all forms of DRM (except for Steam and the PSN/360 store).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Mobile App/Deal Generator that gives offers when you "check in" at certain locations.

www.shopkick.com

Best Buy recently used it for a $5 Reward Zone promotion.[/QUOTE]
I gotta admit (I know this ain't a BB thread), that was very cool.

We had a couple days advance notice throuth the app. I even posted a thread here to remind some forumers. It got deleted because I posted my referral code.

[quote name='mebegod']So Josh good to have you back
as a curiosity what are the requirements and restrictions for the $10 coupon that for example I just got for buying alice and a $20 points card
(ie can we get it multiple times and what is the dollar amount required)[/QUOTE]
There's a ten dollar coupon when you buy points and Alice? I don't think we set anything up to be honest.

[quote name='confoosious']I have a vision of Josh saying "RE Mercs? I altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further."

And maybe mind choking a few bitches.[/QUOTE]
I am ready to choke some people out today, not on CAG though :)

[quote name='cheesebu']Cool, but every other retailer has it on the day that it releases, which is tuesday. Every game that Kmart has gotten days late due to this, i've just bought it somewhere else.

If its just a ship date, why does it only affect Kmart?[/QUOTE]
Stock boy reminded me this is a street dated title, similar to Red Faction the week 2 deal was preferred over the coupon. I think that just due to the recent craziness, me being gone for two out of the last three weeks led to not updating the OP effectively.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There's a ten dollar coupon when you buy points and Alice? I don't think we set anything up to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned it a while ago. Might be a SYWR thing for random people.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am ready to choke some people out today, not on CAG though :)[/QUOTE]

How could you not? :)

Just had a very positive experience over at the Holyoke, MA KMart. I haven't been using them for my gaming purchases, but stumbled on the Alice deal so I figured I'd give them a shot. The games didn't seem to be in any particular order in the case so I didn't think they had any copies, but I quickly located it. I couldn't really tell how many copies they had, but it was at least 3 or 4 and there was a tag noting the sale price for this week. The man at the register (who was very friendly and seemed to actually care about being there) came right over and grabbed me a copy and then asked about the rewards card. I don't have one so I did the sign up right there. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for future deals to see how good they are about stocking new releases.

[quote name='nbballard']I don't have a problem with this system. It's much more preferable that CD keys, DRM, or those pesky cart based games that can't be reset (I'm looking at you, new RE game!)[/QUOTE]
But what's to say that won't happen at some point? Isn't this arguably just a smaller version of a CD key? It doesn't seem unreasonable that we could eventually have to deal with keys on the console. It's a logical progression from what we have now if you want to fully protect your new sales as a publisher.

[quote name='confoosious']This is exactly the same thing. It's all perception. All the used buyers will say "what the f? where's the content that the new buyers get? waaaaaahhhh"[/QUOTE]
That's only true regarding how they do it now, where your perception of the content unlocked by the code is a bonus or a part of the game removed and given back. What about how Alan Wake did it? It gave people the first DLC for free. It wasn't content removed from the game, it was a true bonus. It seems to suit both parties well: it gives fans/customers something they'll care about and not a part of the game proper, and it incentivizes people to buy the game new.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well I can see why they hate used sales. They get no money from a used sale so it's essentially like you pirated the game from them. Plus it takes millions of dollars to make a game nowadays so every sale they can get from a game is needed so they can stay in business. Online passes are just another form of income. Like it or hate it, game companies are doing everything they can to stay afloat.[/QUOTE]
Except it's not like piracy since it's legal, and DLC has shown that even someone who is a used game customer can and will still contribute to the company directly in other ways. Companies should be asking themselves how to economically reach people who would normally buy used games rather than trying to stop them.

I want to clarify I'm not a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth critic who flips his shit at the very idea of Project $10. I buy mostly new games as well, and as a consequence, plenty of games with Project $10 or similar codes. I just have criticisms with its current implementation. I think the game industry can do a better job incentivizing new sales, and I hope it does.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
That's only true regarding how they do it now, where your perception of the content unlocked by the code is a bonus or a part of the game removed and given back. What about how Alan Wake did it? It gave people the first DLC for free. It wasn't content removed from the game, it was a true bonus. It seems to suit both parties well: it gives fans/customers something they'll care about and not a part of the game proper, and it incentivizes people to buy the game new.

.[/QUOTE]

You're truly underestimating the whininess and sheer stupidity of the majority of people.

Instead of seeing as "oh, people who bought it new got extra content", they think "what the fuck, where's my The Signal? F you Microsoft!"

[quote name='confoosious']You're truly underestimating the whininess and sheer stupidity of the majority of people.

Instead of seeing as "oh, people who bought it new got extra content", they think "what the fuck, where's my The Signal? F you Microsoft!"[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I don't think I can disagree with you there. You have a point.

Had my first terrible experience at Kmart in Green Bay. The normal electronics guy wasn't working last night so when I went to buy the Blops PS3 bundle and get Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 with it nobody knew what I was talking about. First they wouldn't let me use my 80 dollars in gaming coupons than they used the 50 dollar giftcard on the purchase itself and than they were saying the games were not free. After spending about an hour there trying to convince them and showing them the website they finally agreed the games were free.
However, they had already rang it up so they had to go through the mess of voiding my transaction which the first time cost 200 dollars without the games than they were going to use my 20 dollar gaming coupon on unncharted 2 and Killzone 2 when I had already told them they were free.
Than they took me to customer service to try all over again, where one of the woman told me I was going to get cancer from the video games anyways, but that is a whole different story. They said I couldn't use my 60 and 20 dollar gaming couponm on the PS3 and only let me use 1 so I used the 60 dollar one and after about an hour I spent 250 dollars on the bundle got the games for free and my 50 dollar gift card as well as another 10 dollar coupon and got out of there asap.

This was the worst customer service of my entire life. They could not even use simple math, and the one woman told me I was going to die of cancer, the normal electronics guy is great. He keeps up with all the deals and last week even posted little post its on the display. I believe the woman who said I was going to die of cancer might have been the manager since she had to be called over butt I'm not sure. I was going to go back on Tuesday and find out.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Ever since a kid, I loved to read manuals in bed and the restroom lol. That still applies today with games that provide interesting manuals.

If anyone of you remember or know, Working Designs made some of the best manuals.[/QUOTE]
I remember that I enjoyed reading about Samus Aran and space pirates during the ol' NES days.

^^ so you can't use both the $60 and $20 dollar gaming coupon on the ps3. I feel for you man. It's really a hassle to go thru with this. Takes your time and energy. Atleast you save some money out of it.

I usually avoid stuff like this unless it's a really good deal.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There's a ten dollar coupon when you buy points and Alice? I don't think we set anything up to be honest.[/QUOTE]

If it's what I got yesterday, it's buy $50 worth of stuff, get a $10 off general merchandise coupon that's good from 7-5 to 7-10. If you go back to Sunday's posts, all of us got it buying Alice and a points card.

[quote name='stevocbk24']Than they took me to customer service to try all over again, where one of the woman told me I was going to get cancer from the video games anyways[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Just, wow.

And you say she was the manager of the store? Really?

[quote name='stevocbk24']the woman told me I was going to get cancer from the video games anyways, but that is a whole different story. \[/QUOTE]

Did you tell her you also use the microwave to heat up your extra butter (artificially flavored and colored), genetically altered popcorn before playing then use your cell phone to talk to your friends while online. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back