Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this post, ALL emails have been caught up with. If you have not heard back please resend. Thanks everyone for your patience this month. I know it has been nuts with me being gone so much.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']As of this post, ALL emails have been caught up with. If you have not heard back please resend. Thanks everyone for your patience this month. I know it has been nuts with me being gone so much.[/QUOTE]

FYI, Green Day Rockband, Tony Hawk Shread and a few others i can't remember atm are begging for a pricedrop.

[quote name='sgr76']FYI, Green Day Rockband, Tony Hawk Shread and a few others i can't remember atm are begging for a pricedrop.[/QUOTE]

Agree, think I saw a copy of Folklore at Kmart in Penn Station.

[quote name='sgr76']FYI, Green Day Rockband, Tony Hawk Shread and a few others i can't remember atm are begging for a pricedrop.[/QUOTE]
I agree, they will be soon!

[quote name='confoosious']if you're gonna be all :roll:, at least get the name right. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Fair point, I was aware it sounded off but posted before checking Calibre

[quote name='atc250es']I wouldn't call it a glitch, there were signs for it in the stores. It's not like there was a deal advertised than it rang up differently at the registers.[/QUOTE]

what was this referring to? i know it was tru something, but i'm confused.

[quote name='affa']what was this referring to? i know it was tru something, but i'm confused.[/QUOTE]Toys R Us recently ran a deal for Xbox 360 and PS3 games, buy 2 for $50 that included L.A. Noire, F.3.A.R., Brink, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Portal 2, and one other game. It started online and was also in-store. There was signage all over the R Zone and the registers rang the deal automatically. Well, they realized their error (at the corporate level) and this was supposed to be a buy any 2 of those games listed and receive a $50 gift card. On Tuesday the new signage was being put up in the stores and the registers were adjusted to reflect the new deal. To go even further, some stores had the old signage still up so they were manually overriding the system to get the "2 for $50" deal to work and in conjunction, the registers would prompt for the $50 gift card to kick out. So, people were getting 2 games plus a $50 gift card for $50. :hot: Pretty damn crazy.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Toys R Us recently ran a dea...[/QUOTE]

SNIP -- thank you so much for the rundown.

sort of feel bad for missing out on that, but i never feel right about taking advantage of a glitch that ridiculous anyway. but wow.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Check the clearance thread on the first page. I picked up some $19.99 clearance games+ a $5 copy of mx vs atv untamed just to bump it over the limit. Filler is your friend.[/QUOTE]

I can only find $19.97 copies for the 360, PS3, and Wii and a $14.97 copy for the PSP in the Feb and May drops. Can you point me to this list I'm not finding?

[quote name='Sway']I can only find $19.97 copies for the 360, PS3, and Wii and a $14.97 copy for the PSP in the Feb and May drops. Can you point me to this list I'm not finding?[/QUOTE]

You're looking at the right list. I'm not sure if it's gone down more or if it's just my locals, but I've bought a few really shitty PS3 games for $5 as filler lately. There are also a few singing/dance mat ps2 game bundles for $5 around here.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any major deals next week? If not, I guess I'll use this $10 off coupon from Alice I got on Sunday for Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

speaking of that deal (the $10 coupon one) is that still live?

I would just like to thank you guys for having great customer support. I reported the one store for bad customer service and they got back to me and told me that they are working to get better releases at this store :D.

Seriously you guys are the best.

[quote name='mebegod']speaking of that deal (the $10 coupon one) is that still live?[/QUOTE]
I never got those coupons. I was told that it was a mistake in the system.

Josh, when will you be able to reveal the deal for Star Fox 64 3D (though I predict another $15 coupon ;))? With Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD delayed (again) to September, SF64 3D looks like my only hope to continue my coupon train.

I had a problem where Shadows of the damned wasn't put out in my store until after the 15 dollar coupon promotion expired. They put it out the week after. I purchased it and after talking to Josh he was able to send me a gift card.

Josh went above and beyond and I am quite pleased with the way things turned out. Every since Kmart started uping the ante with their game promotions I found them to be my main source for video game purchases. Since than though I have also tried to give them my business for other things.

The level of customer service in the store is sometimes less than ideal. The level of customer service that Josh provides is a level that is unheard of these days.

Thankyou, your level of commitment should be commended by more than just a post, i'm not a CEO for Sears holding though so this is all you get.

I still can't decide whether to pull the trigger on Alice. I know it will most likely remain unopened until I could get it even cheaper. After all, I still haven't opened Bioshock 2, Castlevania:LOS, and FEAR 3 among scores of others that I've barely scratched the surface on.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I still can't decide whether to pull the trigger on Alice. I know it will most likely remain unopened until I could get it even cheaper. After all, I still haven't opened Bioshock 2, Castlevania:LOS, and FEAR 3 among scores of others that I've barely scratched the surface on.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling which is why I didn't pull the trigger on Alice. I have a lot of games unopened and couple sold to goozex because they all had next to nothing in trade in value.

[quote name='Marauder7']I know the feeling which is why I didn't pull the trigger on Alice. I have a lot of games unopened and couple sold to goozex because they all had next to nothing in trade in value.[/QUOTE]

Well so much for discipline. I went ahead and picked it up on my lunch break. I figured if I haven't opened it and it drops somewhere else cheaper within 90 days I'll return it. Heck I could install the first game and trade it in to Best Buy by tomorrow to get $32.50 (assuming I traded in another game to get the 30% bonus) back as well. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='chriscolbert']I still can't decide whether to pull the trigger on Alice. I know it will most likely remain unopened until I could get it even cheaper. After all, I still haven't opened Bioshock 2, Castlevania:LOS, and FEAR 3 among scores of others that I've barely scratched the surface on.[/QUOTE]I know the feeling of backlogged games. But I'm a compulsive buyer! I pulled the trigger but had a $20 incentive from Infamous I had to use (which didn't work on PSN cards for some reason). Alice for $15 makes me feel like a winner!

My daughter grabbed one of the PS3 bundles today (CoD Black Ops PS3, $50 gift card, and 2 GH titles), although someone had bought the last system earlier today at one of the local stores.

I literally stood in front of the case for about fifteen minutes debating Alice. I want it, but in the end, I just have too many games to play. It is definitly something that will either go on my Christmas list or my list of games to catch up on next summer, since there is never more than a few decent games that time of year.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well so much for discipline. I went ahead and picked it up on my lunch break. I figured if I haven't opened it and it drops somewhere else cheaper within 90 days I'll return it. Heck I could install the first game and trade it in to Best Buy by tomorrow to get $32.50 (assuming I traded in another game to get the 30% bonus) back as well. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

No you can't. You need the disk to play the first game. Its in-game DLC, not XBLA game. Unless you were just going to get it used down the line and trying to get the first game for only a few bucks.

[quote name='advanced']No you can't. You need the disk to play the first game. Its in-game DLC, not XBLA game. Unless you were just going to get it used down the line and trying to get the first game for only a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... thanks for that. I was misinformed and hadn't bothered researching it since I assumed I was told right.

My experience:
Had to pull up the site on my phone and let them read through the blog word for word, have her call her manager, ask for the phone from her, tell him how to get to the blog, and he had to print it out and come meet us in electronics to attempt to walk her through how to do it.

They also asked where I "met this 'Josh person'", and I had to explain just who exactly 'Josh Deane' is, how I knew about the site (yes, I had to say Cheap Ass in front of older Kmart employees:lol:), and everything. So I guess you're not famous yet, Josh. Keep trying. ;) Very tough buying experience(Josh said it would be), but at least they were nice and helpful.

Ended up snagging a new PS3(with Blops and First Strike), Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II, and Uncharted 1 (the only GH) and 2 GOTY for $299+Tax for my father-in-law's b-day. Uncharted 1 and AC2 because the GC was effective immediately and they did two separate transactions for me. I'm pretty sure all they did was scan the PS3, the two "GH" games, and the giftcard(in that order), and the computer did the rest for them, so you may not even need to go to all the trouble I did.

So if you find the GH games on the list at your store, but they're in the standard cases, I can confirm that you can go ahead and snag em, because the SKU's match. I will say that it's especially helpful to have a smartphone though. However, last day of the sale's today(July 2), so I'm not entirely sure just how helpful this is, but I'm sure it can help somebody.

5 free games with a new PS3 that I was already intending to buy, though? Yes please.

[quote name='phoenix529']My experience:
Had to pull up the site on my phone and let them read through the blog word for word, have her call her manager, ask for the phone from her, tell him how to get to the blog, and he had to print it out and come meet us in electronics to attempt to walk her through how to do it.

They also asked where I "met this 'Josh person'", and I had to explain just who exactly 'Josh Deane' is, how I knew about the site (yes, I had to say Cheap Ass in front of older Kmart employees:lol:), and everything. So I guess you're not famous yet, Josh. Keep trying. ;) Very tough buying experience(Josh said it would be), but at least they were nice and helpful.
[/QUOTE]

Why did it come to that? Did they not want to run the items or something? Or did everything go through but the deal didn't come up?

I think it was more that they were just curious. They said they'd never had any experience with someone coming in asking for a gaming deal, so they were wondering how I'd even heard about the blog, and the Store Manager just wanted to know more about his own company, at least it seemed to me.

She initially said that it wasn't on sale and there was no way she could clear that kind of a deal, so I showed her the blog, and they'd never even heard of it before. I also pulled aside a weekly that had KmartGamer.com right at the heading of it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Ahhh... thanks for that. I was misinformed and hadn't bothered researching it since I assumed I was told right.[/QUOTE]

No problem! :) I bought Alice from the sale earlier in the week and went through all that myself. Its about 930MB and is launched through the game's main menu. My girlfriend was displeased as well because she wanted to play that on my older 360 I let her have but she'd need the disk with her at all times.

The new Alice is a wonderful game though. Some of the sections seem a bit long, but I love it so far. I couldn't get adjusted to the controls of the first one though. Could be with how old it is and then it could be KB+M converted to game pad as well.

[quote name='PublikDefender']we need a drop for castlevania order of ecclesia (ds). it is still $19.99 after almost 3 years. thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

That's less than the thirty-something I paid for it brand new less than three years ago, and I don't see it in stores that often nowadays. It's easily worth it at a mere twenty bucks. Cheaper than Amazon's $27, too.

Wow, slow day in the Kmart thread. Couldn't believe it only gained 1 page in 24 hours, LOL.

Wondering if there's anything special going on sale at Kmart this Sunday? Just about everyplace on earth is running big "summer sales" this week. Amazon's b1g1 sounded promising until the only game I was interested in was Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, without a 2nd game b1g1 doesn't really work... LOL

God I love Steam's big semiannual sales at July 4th & New Year's, though! I already bought like 7 games in the first 2 days of the sale. My Steam account holds 196 games now :joystick:

[quote name='gamerdogbert']God I love Steam's big semiannual sales at July 4th & New Year's, though![/QUOTE]

This. With the daily deals and in-game challenges to earn added content to several Steam games, the reality is that I might not remember to take advantage of any KMart deals this week.

Even so, I'm also left wondering what to expect come tomorrow.

Never bought any games at KMART, but I think I may get the NCAA 12. So, I just signed up for the Rewards Card online, so it should automatically print the coupon when I buy the game at the register? Then, I can use said coupon on any gaming product (including XBL / PS3 Points?)

Thanks!

[quote name='DPsycho']This. With the daily deals and in-game challenges to earn added content to several Steam games, the reality is that I might not remember to take advantage of any KMart deals this week.

Even so, I'm also left wondering what to expect come tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
It's the one time I've been disappointed that most retailers are running such good sales since Steam is Hoovering the money right out of my wallet.

[quote name='doubledown']Never bought any games at KMART, but I think I may get the NCAA 12. So, I just signed up for the Rewards Card online, so it should automatically print the coupon when I buy the game at the register? Then, I can use said coupon on any gaming product (including XBL / PS3 Points?)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That's how it works. Just remember that some people like to wait a day or so after release and check this thread, as the coupon printing isn't always reliable day one. But SHC Gamer always gets the issue fixed promptly.

My week with Kmart was bittersweet. Went through a lot to get the PS3 deal but than lost my wallet at the tranformers 3 premier. Goodbye coupons and giftcard.

[quote name='stevocbk24']My week with Kmart was bittersweet. Went through a lot to get the PS3 deal but than lost my wallet at the tranformers 3 premier. Goodbye coupons and giftcard.[/QUOTE]

The coupons get emailed to you if the cashier did it properly. They should be able to somehow look up the GC number as well I would imagine.

[quote name='stevocbk24']My week with Kmart was bittersweet. Went through a lot to get the PS3 deal but than lost my wallet at the tranformers 3 premier. Goodbye coupons and giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Oh man that sucks, I lost my wallet a few years back. What a pain in the ass going and getting everything back, I feel your pain brother.

Over the years, I learned to make sure I never carry anything that can't be replaced. My cellphone is probably the closest thing to an exception, because it contains text messages that I want to keep.

I was able to get the PS3 deal. I saw the Black Ops bundle so I grabbed Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2: GOTY. I didn't mention anything about the deal, I just hoped it would all work automatically and it did. Although the employee seemed very confused about the free gift card. He had to call up front and ask them "how do I get past this screen?" when showed the promotion. I guess they walked him through it, and then after he figured it out he called up front again and asked "Who gets to keep the gift card?" haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkskill']I was able to get the PS3 deal. I saw the Black Ops bundle so I grabbed Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2: GOTY. I didn't mention anything about the deal, I just hoped it would all work automatically and it did. Although the employee seemed very confused about the free gift card. He had to call up front and ask them "how do I get past this screen?" when showed the promotion. I guess they walked him through it, and then after he figured it out he called up front again and asked "Who gets to keep the gift card?" haha.[/QUOTE]

Is ^ the best way to do it? I'm going to try today; I figured if I have them scan the games first, then the console, then he scans in the gift card, then I hand him a Sears Gift card i already have to pay, and then hand the gaming coupons, then pay?

That should work right....

I would have them scan the system first and then the rest since it's the system that triggers the promotion, though it should work with the games first as well. Just keep an eye on the "rewards earned" value to make sure it's fully negating the game values.

When paying, always use the coupons first. It won't matter with a $300 purchase, but using a gift card or SYWR points first on a smaller purchase can put the following total below the needed threshold to use the coupons. Once coupons are applied, using gift card or points or cash in any amounts would all be the same.

And yes, the way described above (where the shopper brought everything to the register without saying a word about the deal until things were scanning correctly) is absolutely the right way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back