Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yahoosale14']any possiblity of more buy a 360, get a $50-100 credit? any ETA on the 360 holiday bundles?[/QUOTE]

Asked John about another 4GB + GC deal about a month ago and he said maybe August. Hope he can make it happen, since I have no interest in Kinect and retailers have only been giving deals on the Kinect bundles recently

[quote name='BobbyTastic']It seems as if the K-mart deals are in hibernation of some sort. Or did I just come back to lurk during K-mart's off-weeks? (I suppose I'd manage to make a return during off-topic discussion galore time.) Did hear of the Alice sale ($35) I missed out on though. :(

Don't worry Josh, we know the summer is a good time for game sales to take a break (especially after this past few months, and for the months that lie ahead). I had just hoped for something solid after last week.[/QUOTE]

Josh had to take some personal time off last month which effected setting up deals for these weeks. It'll be back to normal next month he said.

[quote name='justinLEEx329']Asked John about another 4GB + GC deal about a month ago and he said maybe August. Hope he can make it happen, since I have no interest in Kinect and retailers have only been giving deals on the Kinect bundles recently[/QUOTE]

yeah, should've bitten on the amazon(i think thats who it was) $100 gc on the 4gb/250gb. hope that comes back :whistle2:(

[quote name='yahoosale14']yeah, should've bitten on the amazon(i think thats who it was) $100 gc on the 4gb/250gb. hope that comes back :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Microsoft has a pretty detailed Kinect Xbox program sheet that helps retailers hit certain deals that are co funded now and through holiday. I would get used to the Kinect deals for sure :)

[quote name='jza1218']Now that Amazon has put a $20 credit on NHL 12, I'm excited to see what K-mart does for it. That and Batman are the only certain console purchases I'll be making for the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]
We will at least hit $20, I like Amazon went right for it on NHL this time. I don't remember them doing that LY.

Makes it easier on me to sell internally :)

[quote name='Marauder7']Josh did you get my email that I sent couple days ago about CoJ?[/QUOTE]
I am going to get back with everyone tonight, thanks bud.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Microsoft has a pretty detailed Kinect Xbox program sheet that helps retailers hit certain deals that are co funded now and through holiday. I would get used to the Kinect deals for sure :)[/QUOTE]

interesting. hopefully a non kinect deal comes along eventually, although i could probably sell a kinect for $100+ to get the hard drive.

[quote name='yahoosale14']interesting. hopefully a non kinect deal comes along eventually, although i could probably sell a kinect for $100+ to get the hard drive.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure there will be it just won't be as regular as the Kinect program since it would come out of the retailer's direct budget (IMO of course).

I'm thinking...Deus Ex at kmart to get me started. FIFA having preorder credits has me torn. Until I hear good reviews and auto save as an option, I'll pass on the series.

I think I let my gamefly lapse into end of the month for Deus Ex, I don't see any titles I want right now with NCAA taking up my time + college.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Uncharted definitely, I am hoping to get pre order functionality up in time for Dark Souls to get the CE.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Awesome!

[quote name='o_O']Josh had to take some personal time off last month which effected setting up deals for these weeks. It'll be back to normal next month he said.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's depressing. Really puts into perspective how fucked we'd be without him.

Microsoft cofunds Kinect sales? They really are pushing the damn thing. Here's a hint, drop the solo price from $150? I'm sure if the thing hit $100 (without the console), it would get a lot more buyers. The SW bundle seems a step in the right direction.

Edit: Ello capones!

Worst experience ever. I went with my $60 coupon to KMart today to buy Catherine and 1) They said they didn't have a coupon offer on Catherine, 2) They said they weren't stocking Catherine, and 3) They said that the pretax total had to be higher than the coupon I had.

What garbage. I wash my hands of KMart. Death to Josh!

Edit: Also, my coupons were expired and they said they couldn't do anything about it. Utter garbage.

[quote name='ssr']Worst experience ever. I went with my $60 coupon to KMart today to buy Catherine and 1) They said they didn't have a coupon offer on Catherine, 2) They said they weren't stocking Catherine, and 3) They said that the pretax total had to be higher than the coupon I had.

What garbage. I wash my hands of KMart. Death to Josh![/QUOTE]
lol

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

Edit: Ello capones![/QUOTE]

hai

I've been busy with work, i decided to go back into Law Enforcement so it's caused a little bit of resistance by those who don't like it. A DA has a boner for me so I had to have a little chat with him...the kind I hide in a corner with the lights out to begin. Him and I are cool now.

Apparently it's not "legal" for a basic cop to carry a glock 23 as his primary, so I'm already violating rules. Anyone in Michigan, don't do anything stupid..I'm back :booty:

But, yeah, I'll be back to CAG now. Had to settle some beefs in the main front, now it's gaming time :lol:

[quote name='caponesgun']hai

I've been busy with work, i decided to go back into Law Enforcement so it's caused a little bit of resistance by those who don't like it. A DA has a boner for me so I had to have a little chat with him...the kind I hide in a corner with the lights out to begin. Him and I are cool now.

Apparently it's not "legal" for a basic cop to carry a glock 23 as his primary, so I'm already violating rules. Anyone in Michigan, don't do anything stupid..I'm back :booty:

But, yeah, I'll be back to CAG now. Had to settle some beefs in the main front, now it's gaming time :lol:[/QUOTE]You worry me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You worry me.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Kinda glad I'm nowhere near Michigan right now.

I agree with the below post, wasn't sure if that was a joke or not, but it'd be a perfect time for one.

[quote name='ssr']Worst experience ever. I went with my $60 coupon to KMart today to buy Catherine and 1) They said they didn't have a coupon offer on Catherine, 2) They said they weren't stocking Catherine, and 3) They said that the pretax total had to be higher than the coupon I had.

I honestly can't tell if you are serious or just pulling our legs?

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol[/QUOTE]

LOL, the last part sealed it for me.

Reminded me of a WoW cutscene/quote: "Death to the living and the undead!"

Slow kmart gamer thread day. Lolz.

[quote name='Josh5890']I honestly can't tell if you are serious or just pulling our legs?[/QUOTE]

Twas a joke. Sorry for the brief confusion.

[quote name='ssr']Twas a joke. Sorry for the brief confusion.[/QUOTE]

Good joke, tbh. It was a needed smile on a day of paperwork.

Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

$15 gaming coupon + $20 points card
or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers[/QUOTE]

I'll take the $15 + $20 points card.

I would vary it depending on the title.

For instance a title that you know will offer dlc i.e Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3 to do option 1.

For a title will less focus on dlc i.e Batman, Assassin's Creed Revelations do the $25 coupon.

I think I'd prefer the $25 coupon. With so many great games being released to retail this year, I'm thinking that'd provide the bigger savings overall.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Let's make a deal - Imagine a big Fall title which offer would you prefer...

or
$25 gaming coupon

Either one will get me to Kmart but I think most people will agree the $15 + points card is the better value. However if there's no good XBLA/PSN games and you don't sell on ebay the $25 coupon could definitely be better.

It's like a $10.75 savings over a $15 coupon when factoring tax.

Either way I think it would be best for the customers if you make any late year games $15 + points card because christ knows in December we probably won't get any good releases.

So my vote: a mix of both

[quote name='hoofrog']I'll take the $15 + $20 points card.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also, after finding out Best Buy only got two copies of Catherine, both to fill their online orders, I decided to press my luck going to Kmart with my Zelda coupon. Just so everyone knows, they really don't have Catherine. Ya know, in case anyone thought Josh might be tricking us.

I would say $25 coupons sound better early in the holiday season and the other offer late, that way I can chain the big coupons on later releases and when the holiday releases stop coming get in on a deal with the 15+card and use the smaller coupon on something old/cheap if need be.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']I would say $25 coupons sound better early in the holiday season and the other offer late, that way I can chain the big coupons on later releases and when the holiday releases stop coming get in on a deal with the 15+card and use the smaller coupon on something old/cheap if need be.[/QUOTE]
Personally this is what I'd agree with. September - Mid November has so many big releases I wouldn't have time for anything but them.

I'd just like to deliver a list of my wanted fall games to Josh & Andrew, and get them for free.

Honestly, a rotation of the two would be fine. There's soooo much good stuff on XBLA coming out this fall that I'll need points, too. Once you're on the train, it makes it easy to spend a bit of extra cash. I'm starting with Deus Ex, and I'm riding until Saints Row 3.

or
$25 gaming coupon

If it is a $15 coupon and a FREE $20 point card then my vote is there.
A $25 coupon is great, and hard to pass on, but i like having points readily available.

or
$25 gaming coupon

My vote goes to the $15 coupon and points card. I'm not sure why anyone would vote the other way. If you don't want a point card, you can always sell it for at least $15. It's the better deal without question.

You should add a poll to the OP.

Points offers all the way.

Also josh did capcom communicate anything to you about the Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation? i'm really, really disappointed by it. I don't expect full disclosure, but I wonder if they mentioned it during any communications to retailers on upcoming titles?

or
$25 gaming coupon

This will determine some holiday new release offers[/QUOTE]I rarely get points cards, as I'm very economical with my points, but it might be good for one or two games to have the first offer (unfortunately, no suggestions immediately come to mind).

However, I agree with the CAG(s) who suggested that the second offer be used during the onslaught of games released in the fall, as it would significantly reduce wallet pains for game purchases.

Furthermore, I'd rather get points cards for free or at a discount later on than when the games release.

EDIT: I just read dino88's post with the suggestion of selling unwanted points cards, and I think that's a very, very good point. I think I'll change my vote to the first offer then.

One potential problem I can think of with the points card deal is that certain stores have made it very difficult to purchase points cards in the past.

Additionally, no idea if it is even a possibility but I for one would love to see deals of that type extended to Nintendo points cards as well.

So many games coming...here's a release schedule of some of the biggest titles for Xbox/PS3:

8/23 - Deus Ex
8/30 - Madden 2012
9/6 - Dead Island, Resistance 3
9/20 - Gears of War 3, RE4 HD (PSN/XBLA game)
10/4 - Dark Souls, Rage
10/18 - Batman: Arkham City
10/25 - Battlefield 3
11/1 - Uncharted 3
11/8 - Modern Warfare 3
11/11 - Skyrim
11/15 - Assassins Creed Revelations, Saints Row The Third

That list doesnt include: Bodycount, Disgaea 4, Driver, NHL 12, Ico/SotC Collection, Splinter Cell Trilogy, NBA 2K12, Twisted Metal, The Cursed Crusade, Once Upon A Monster, Ace Combat, Silent Hill, LotR War In The North, Sonic Generations, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Need For Speed, Rayman Origins, Lego Harry Potter, and of course The Adventures of TinTin: The Game!

If were talking about only one title getting in on the deal I would say coupon + card. But if it's on multiple, $25 dollar coupon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So many games coming...here's a release schedule of some of the biggest titles for Xbox/PS3:

8/23 - Deus Ex
8/30 - Madden 2012
9/6 - Dead Island, Resistance 3
9/20 - Gears of War 3, RE4 HD (PSN/XBLA game)
10/4 - Dark Souls, Rage
10/18 - Batman: Arkham City
10/25 - Battlefield 3
11/1 - Uncharted 3
11/8 - Modern Warfare 3
11/11 - Skyrim
11/15 - Assassins Creed Revelations, Saints Row The Third

That list doesnt include: Bodycount, Disgaea 4, Driver, NHL 12, Ico/SotC Collection, NBA 2K12, Twisted Metal, Once Upon A Monster, Ace Combat, Silent Hill, LotR War In The North, Sonic Generations, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Need For Speed, Rayman Origins, and of course The Adventures of TinTin: The Game![/QUOTE]

That is a nice looking list. I'll definitely be getting the highlighted ones. I'll wait for reviews for Dead Island and Rage. Did you forget The Last Guardian and Max Payne or have they been delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back