Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']Honestly, i rather have clearance come back, then these coupons. These games will be drop eventually anyway, so the coupons defeat the purpose if your patient. I guess CAG's knew this, but i guess i was wrong. Ya, ya, i know its a business...blah..blah. I haven't stepped foot in Kmart in months, atleast Target has the right idea. R.I.P. Kaydigi :([/QUOTE]

It's definitey not the $5 gold mine it used to be however nobody has won in retail by winning at clearance.

We've marked a fairly substantial amount of inventory in the stores from a breadth perspective that should get more aggressive this holiday from a depth standpoint.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitey not the $5 gold mine it used to be however nobody has won in retail by winning at clearance.

We've marked a fairly substantial amount of inventory in the stores from a breadth perspective that should get more aggressive this holiday from a depth standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Ya, i get it. I know i sounded like a prick, but i was just stating my opinion. I have a feeling all your minions will pounce on that comment i made though. Oh well...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Typically GCs can take ten Business days from my confirmation back as a standard rule.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was hoping to get it before the $40, get $15 promo/sale ends. Oh well. By the way, what could cause a game to be $5.97 everywhere else I've been, but $20.97 and be IN stock but showing up as OOS(on that Google Shopping thing)? I ask because this is what happened with the local copy of :ps3:Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 at Sears. It's showing OOS and much higher than other stores. I take it the markdowns are still based on what management at each store feels they can sell for there?[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, a hundred stores will have a program shortly.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I assume if the program takes off you'll start doing like BB and run promos like GS does?

[quote name='GBAstar']I think if you evaluate the deals solely title vs title Kmart will beat anything the other retailers offer hands down.However over the long run I'm really intrigued by what Best Buy is doing because it appears they will stack that 5 titles $100 RZ with other offers.For example I'll be getting Resitance 3: Doomsday Edition for $120 (retail $150) due to it stacking with an accessories promotion and it is ALSO included in the 5 game $100 RZ promotion.Now if they do a gift card during release week I'll get that as well and also earn RZ points on it.I
Edit: I also wanted to add that I think this weeks promotion is awesome and if you get creative and make use of the clearance section in electronics you can find cheap filler items like usb flash drives for just a couple of dollars.My only question (and sorry if it has been answered) is the $40 spending requirment out of pocket? Or can I use a $20 coupon even if that $20 coupon means I'm only spending less then $40 out of pocket?[/QUOTE]If I remember correctly I believe using a coupon that takes you below 40 would keep the coupon from printing while a GC or SYWR points does not matter. I screw this one up sometimes thinking about it s if someone could confirm that would be great.

For the BB promo, if they stack the offers strong, then I couldn't agree more, they will tear it up this season and would represent an investment under cost (opinion, I do not know their individual negotiations) that would be very hard to compete with.

[quote name='lude21']Ya, i get it. I know i sounded like a prick, but i was just stating my opinion. I have a feeling all your minions will pounce on that comment i made though. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

And a valid opinion, I totally get it. I wish I could be aggressive on entry and exit strategies at the same time/same level.

I'll wait for Sadboy to find a pun to what I just said lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. I was hoping to get it before the $40, get $15 promo/sale ends. Oh well. By the way, what could cause a game to be $5.97 everywhere else I've been, but $20.97 and be IN stock but showing up as OOS(on that Google Shopping thing)? I ask because this is what happened with the local copy of :ps3:Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 at Sears. It's showing OOS and much higher than other stores. I take it the markdowns are still based on what management at each store feels they can sell for there?

Cool. I assume if the program takes off you'll start doing like BB and run promos like GS does?[/QUOTE]

It's a common myth that Sears managers apply their own clearance strategies. It is actualy done through an advanced store by store inventory/sales performance calculator. I then authorize the release of the computed strategies which can drastically vary by store. Now, what I've done the last couple of months is allow store managers to increase the depth of discount to a certain level if they feel the environment requires it. This why you are seeing variances.

I've never been against clearance, it just needs to fit within an overall strategy :)

Not sure on the google thing to be honest.

The only problems I see with with the Best Buy promotion is that you have to preorder five games and that the list does not include all the fall titles (Dark Souls is ommitted for example). Those who only plan on three of these games is out of luck and five games is a lot for one person to buy. Many people struggle with what games to buy as it is because they take a decent chunk out of the paycheck and have to pick and choose a few games they really want. The fact that you do not get the $100 until 35 days after the last purchase also will lead some people to pass, as having an instant coupon in hand that you only have to wait less than a week to use is more appealing.

Then there are people like me who live a 5 minute walk from Kmart, but a 50 minute drive to Best Buy.
I will GLADLY take every Kmart deal over anything Best Buy shits out.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Then there are people like me who live a 5 minute walk from Kmart, but a 50 minute drive to Best Buy.
I will GLADLY take every Kmart deal over anything Best Buy shits out.[/QUOTE]

I am in a similar situation. Only place that sells games, reasonably priced, within a half hour is KMart. I could walk to and from KMart by the time I would've driven to Best Buy. I've been fortunate, until finances dictated otherwise, to get in on every game that I wanted to at the local KMart. I am,finally, very grateful for the deals that KMart has run.

I'm really on the fence now on jumping on that Move controller and Navigation controller get the sharp shooter for free. I got the camera already, just ponying up the $79.98 and tax is the tricky part.

It looks like a great deal saving you $40, but I have a feeling this package will just sit in my backlog for a long time. Then again, maybe there will be some great Move titles that will be released in the future.

Already spent about $60 at one Kmart already. Trip number two is in the works.

Does Kmart have an online inventory searcher like Bestbuy? I want to pick up Alan Wake but am not sure where it is in stock.

I just noticed that in the on-line weekly ad it mentions "save 30-50% off on clearance video game software"; does anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it's not referring to the recent price-drops since pictured in the ad is a game only copy off that PS3 Move sports\olympic game, as well as a few other games not listed.

[quote name='buddynayr']Does Kmart have an online inventory searcher like Bestbuy? I want to pick up Alan Wake but am not sure where it is in stock.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not that those things are all that reliable anyway...

[quote name='nietzsche74']I just noticed that in the on-line weekly ad it mentions "save 30-50% off on clearance video game software"; does anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it's not referring to the recent price-drops since pictured in the ad is a game only copy off that PS3 Move sports\olympic game, as well as a few other games not listed.[/QUOTE]
Wait, there was a recent Kmart clearance price drop?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitey not the $5 gold mine it used to be however nobody has won in retail by winning at clearance.

We've marked a fairly substantial amount of inventory in the stores from a breadth perspective that should get more aggressive this holiday from a depth standpoint.[/QUOTE]

When I go to Kmart, I see a bunch of shovelware choking the inventory and hiding the games that most people would really want. You should really have a couple bins set up in the front and fill them full of $5 shovelware games. Once all that stuff is out of the electronics section, you can better highly the other older titles you have that are great deals like Alan Wake. Just a suggestion.

[quote name='Kimura']Is Alan Wake worth the 10 dollars? I was thinking about going up to Kmart today to go pick it up[/QUOTE]

While some would no doubt disagree with me, I believe Alan Wake is one of the top 3 games that have ever been on the 360 so hell yes it's worth $10. It's fucking fantastic. Some of the gameplay is not perfect and there are a couple levels in the middle that have you running in the woods for longer than they should BUT it's still a great fucking game. Best story this generation and one of the best story's a game has ever had.

[quote name='Kimura']Is Alan Wake worth the 10 dollars? I was thinking about going up to Kmart today to go pick it up[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I understand that $10 is the breaking point for some people on a lot of average to mediocre games, but this is not one of those games. WELL worth it. (Even though I have yet to finish it)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's a common myth that Sears managers apply their own clearance strategies. It is actualy done through an advanced store by store inventory/sales performance calculator. I then authorize the release of the computed strategies which can drastically vary by store. Now, what I've done the last couple of months is allow store managers to increase the depth of discount to a certain level if they feel the environment requires it. This why you are seeing variances.

I've never been against clearance, it just needs to fit within an overall strategy :)

Not sure on the google thing to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wait, there was a recent Kmart clearance price drop?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not for the games under this particulat section of the ad. The only other games I can identify are Alpha Protocol and Singularity, though I can't tell for sure whether these are PC or 360 boxes. It also shows 2 Wii games. Unfortunately, it's not terribly informative.

Paid twice that (coincidentally a year ago this month @ Kmart) and have ZERO regrets. Get a good pair of headphones and play a chapter a night for 6-8 nights (depending on if you get the DLC, I think the first one is included). If you have a soul, I think you'll get enjoyment out of the game. Shooting is a bit mundane (and the biggest drawback of the first DLC) but serviceable. The tension is ratcheted up and down, like a well laid out rollercoaster.

I'd recommend the game to *anyone* who likes gaming.

Hit up Kmart today and grabbed Hunted and Vanquish for $60 and got my $15 coupon.
So in my mind, I bought Hunted for full price and got a $15 coupon and a free copy of Vanquish.
How the hell do people always find shit to complain about with these sales? I'm more than happy with this transaction and I would've also bought Mortal Kombat on 360 but they had none in stock. Same with the Guitar Hero: WoW guitar bundle for 360. It's my favorite guitar and I want to have an extra one on hand in case the one I have now dies on me someday.
Just sad that after discounting over thirty games AND giving us a coupon offer, there are still some ungrateful bastards who NEED to complain about something.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']How the hell do people always find shit to complain about with these sales? I'm more than happy with this transaction and I would've also bought Mortal Kombat on 360 but they had none in stock. Same with the Guitar Hero: WoW guitar bundle for 360. It's my favorite guitar and I want to have an extra one on hand in case the one I have now dies on me someday.
Just sad that after discounting over thirty games AND giving us a coupon offer, there are still some ungrateful bastards who NEED to complain about something.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for constructive criticism and I understand we all want great deals but some of the complaints are absurd. For example, you mean I actually have to spend $40 to get a $15 coupon, boo hoo...:cry: It is just like sales at Best Buy, such as the buy one game, get one 50% off (but if you only want the one game, you don't get the discount). People know the guidelines of the sales but a few still want to circumvent the system and get custom made sales.

To my knowledge, Josh is the only one out there trying to cater to us within the limitations he has been given. I know a few of you will come out of the weeds to say I'm one of his worshippers but he has made Kmart relevant for video games in a fairly short amount of time. The deals do not always suit me but competition is good for the consumer. Walmart, which probably has 1,000,000 times the buying power and budget than Kmart, does not routinely have great sales on new release or clearance games.

I don't really understand the level of praise Alan Wake receives overall. While the story, atmosphere and presentation were all quite good, I found the gameplay to be painfully mediocre and repetitive. Shining your flashlight at things and fighting the same 4 enemies over and over got old fast. That being said, it's certainly worth 10 bucks for a single playthrough.

[quote name='crookshow']I don't really understand the level of praise Alan Wake receives overall. While the story, atmosphere and presentation were all quite good, I found the gameplay to be painfully mediocre and repetitive. Shining your flashlight at things and fighting the same 4 enemies over and over got old fast. That being said, it's certainly worth 10 bucks for a single playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't like it either. Some games are really hit or miss with me though, I don't really consider my tastes relatively similar to most of those who are core gamers per say.

[quote name='buddynayr']Does Kmart have an online inventory searcher like Bestbuy? I want to pick up Alan Wake but am not sure where it is in stock.[/QUOTE]
Make sure to check the bargain bins by the register, that is where I found it. They had no copies by the game section.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If I remember correctly I believe using a coupon that takes you below 40 would keep the coupon from printing while a GC or SYWR points does not matter. I screw this one up sometimes thinking about it s if someone could confirm that would be great.
[/QUOTE]

That is correct. If it's a dollar amount (ie. Spend $40, Get $15 SYWR coupon) you won't get the coupon to print unless you spend $40 or more. Method of payment does not matter. You could spend 39.99 using SYWR and GC and pay 0.01 and you'd still get the coupon. As long as you hit the $40 price mark, you'll get the coupon.

However, you still get a coupon to print on select games (ie. Buy X game, get a $Y coupon) because the computer triggers only once a certain game is bought, irrelevant of price. I'd like to say that if you covered the entire purchase of X game with coupons, you'd still get the $Y coupon for that particular game, but I'm not 100% sure.

I am not sure where to ask this question but I have a problem with the SYW rewards website. I cannot get into my account and I haven't been able to for months ever since the website changed. I can't use my account on sears.com or kmart.com either. When I request a password reset I never get the email not even in my spam folder and I check carefully. I need to get into my account because I am considering a potential purchase of a television in the future and I won't be able to order it if I can't get into my account. I am not going to leave my account details in this thread but I am hoping someone will get back to me on this as I have tried all official channels for help on this issue and was promised that someone would reach out to me but no one ever did. My SYW rewards card works just fine at the store and I am accumulating points on it its just that I can't get into my account on the website for nothing.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I just noticed that in the on-line weekly ad it mentions "save 30-50% off on clearance video game software"; does anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it's not referring to the recent price-drops since pictured in the ad is a game only copy off that PS3 Move sports\olympic game, as well as a few other games not listed.[/QUOTE]
Can someone provide a link to this ad? I can't find it. Also, Is this corporate wide at all locations or is it like the circular that doesn't apply to new york and hawaii? I'd be picking up games in hawaii so plz let me know.

And will this apply to castlevania order of ecclesia ds?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Can someone provide a link to this ad? I can't find it. Also, Is this corporate wide at all locations or is it like the circular that doesn't apply to new york and hawaii? I'd be picking up games in hawaii so plz let me know.

And will this apply to castlevania order of ecclesia ds?[/QUOTE]

Just click on the "new local ad" section on Kmart.com and then select the "entertainment" department.

But I assure you, the ad itself is of very little help.

[quote name='Blaster man']When I go to Kmart, I see a bunch of shovelware choking the inventory and hiding the games that most people would really want. You should really have a couple bins set up in the front and fill them full of $5 shovelware games. Once all that stuff is out of the electronics section, you can better highly the other older titles you have that are great deals like Alan Wake. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

All the Kmarts I've been to do this already. The shovelware, as well as a few good but older games, reside in a display/bin up front for the rest of their days. The electronics sections, of course, have the newer and higher profile games.

Seems to me that this is just an issue with your particular location. You should provide the store number so they can look into it.

Didn't see Alan Wake at the local store. Sucks, because there were three or so copies for quite a long time. Even checked the shovelware bin up front. :/

Was tempted by the lone copy of Castlevania (PSP), but, left it there for somebody else.

I found and bought 3 copies of Alan Wake at my local store. Such an awesome game I feel like I need to give it to friends just so they can experience it. For $10, why not.

(I actually think I saw a few more copies. They were all in a bargain bin so if you don't find any on the shelves, check the bins.)

So I managed to find a copy of Fable 3 CE at my local store. It was priced full price - does anyone know if there's been a price drop at all on it?

yo, that harvey guy - HE'S COOL.

fuck you harvey

I recommend we buy these kmart items from him and then file chargebacks so that his ebay account gets banned.

[quote name='jer7583']yo, that harvey guy - HE'S COOL.

fuck you harvey

I recommend we buy these kmart items from him and then file chargebacks so that his ebay account gets banned.[/QUOTE]

Don't start that crap again.

What's wrong with harvey buying a copy to flip? Kmart gets rid of stale inventory, and Harvey get's a marginal profit.

what's wrong is people who want the deal not to flip get screwed plus he's a jackass who complained about josh not giving enough deals for him to run his ebay store.

Nothing "illegal" with what he does but it doesn't mean that I have to like him for it. Or stop calling him a fucking jerk.

[quote name='jer7583']what's wrong is people who want the deal not to flip get screwed plus he's a jackass who complained about josh not giving enough deals for him to run his ebay store.

Nothing "illegal" with what he does but it doesn't mean that I have to like him for it. Or stop calling him a fucking jerk.[/QUOTE]

beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.png

Was there a physical ad in stores/papers this week? Wanting to price match Dirt 3 at BB so I can use my $10 rz cert.

Not really liking the new web local ads becaue I doubt BB will accept it for a pm.

well, the ebay seller defense force posted more replies than I did and exactly one more large obnoxious image than I did.

When is that pre-order system supposed to be happening?

[quote name='jer7583']well, the ebay seller defense force posted more replies than I did and exactly one more large obnoxious image than I did.

When is that pre-order system supposed to be happening?[/QUOTE]

Just, just stop.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Just, just stop.[/QUOTE]

yes, sir!

Is it too early in the year to start listing our anticipated purchases this holiday? I stole this list from a gaf thread. Feel free to fill it in with your own preferences. It's gonna be a busy November 15th. WOW.
August 2011:

El Shaddai; 16th YES
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise; 16th Only with price drop
Deus Ex: Human Revolution; 23rd YES PLEASE
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North; 24th NEVER
Madden NFL 12; 30th NEVER
Bodycount; 30th NEVER
Driver: San Francisco; 30th NEVER
Tropico 4; 30th NEVER

September 2011:

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine; 6th NEVER
Dead Island; 6th Only with price drop
Resistance 3; 6th NEVER
Disgaea 4; 6th NEVER
Star Fox 64 3D; 11th YES PLEASE
White Knight Chronicles 2; 13th NEVER
NHL 12; 13th NEVER
Child of Eden (ps3); 20th NEVER
F1 2011; 20th NEVER
Gears of War 3; 20th STATUS NEVER
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection; 27th YES PLEASE
FIFA Soccer 12; 27th NEVER
X-Men Destiny; 27th NEVER

October 2011:

Spider-Man Edge of Time; 4th NEVER
Rage; 4th YES PLEASE
NBA 2K1; 4th NEVER
Dark Souls; 4th NO
Twisted Metal; 4th NEVER
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon; 11th YES
Rocksmith; 11th NEVER
Just Dance 3; 11th NEVER
Forza Motorsport 4; 11th NOPE
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record; 11th Only with price drop
Batman: Arkham City; 18th STATUS YES
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One; 18th STATUS NOT A CHANCE
Battlefield 3; 25th STATUS NOPE
Silent Hill: Downpour; 31st STATUS NEVER
Sims 3 pets; 31st NEVER
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaich; 25th fuck no

November 2011:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception; 1st STATUS YES
Sonic Generations; 1st NO
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; 8th NO
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; 11th YES
Need For Speed: The Run; 15th NO
Assassin's Creed: Revelations; 15th If I finish Brotherhood by then
Halo Anniversary; 15th YES
Saints Row: The Third; 15th Maybe
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3; 15th YES
Rayman Origin's; 15th Maybe

Spoilered to hide the huge list. I think the only ones kmart isn't carrying are Ultimate Marvel 3 and El Shaddai.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I hope none of you guys whine about hoarders.[/QUOTE]

They must not have seen the other numerous sealed games from this week's sale the dude has on his store. He's been buying $40 worth and getting coupons all week!

We all should be so lucky to have people in our area buying up the sales to put on ebay, they're such awesome people. I sure would be happy if someone would clear out my kmart shelves when I go to buy items on sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back