Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You'd cancel a $45 pre-order, then pay MSRP to get a $20 off coupon for ANOTHER game AND deal with the hassle that many have in this thread(that being the game not being in stock @ Kmart week of release)?

Not only that but I believe the TRU deal has free shipping included. So you would get it shipped to your house for free for $15 off MSRP the week of release.[/QUOTE]

Well considering I'll still have a coupon from Starfox 3DS or something else and will use it - I'll pay $40-$45 and get another $20 coupon for the next purchase.

I already cancelled because TRU charged my bank account today when they state on their website that they don't charge you until october. It's a pain in the ass to have $47 removed from my account that I can't use for almost 2 months because of a pre-order.

Done questioning people's logic about what they pay?

[quote name='jer7583']Well considering I'll still have my $20 coupon from Deus Ex (which I'm planning to buy at Kmart because I have a $30 gift card to use) and will use it - I'll pay $40 and get another $20 coupon for the next purchase.

I already cancelled because TRU charged my bank account today when they state on their website that they don't charge you until october. It's a pain in the ass to have $47 removed from my account that I can't use for almost 2 months because of a pre-order.

Done questioning people's logic about what they pay?[/QUOTE]

TRU is similar to Best Buy in that they put a temporary hold against the funds upon your initial purchase that depending on your bank will disappear withing 2-14 business days and then the funds will be available again.

I preordered Gears of War 3 Epic Edition x1 and Limited Edition x2 in seperate transactions when they had a promotion where if you used a Mastercard you got $25 of a $100 purchase.

At the time the price of Epic Edition was $169.99 and Limited was $89.99 which is ABOVE MSRP. I assumed they'd drop the price back to MSRP (which I believe is $149.99 and $79.99) when it got closer to release but they haven't yet.

I know this is OT but it it common for a company to sell games ABOVE MSRP?

[quote name='GBAstar']TRU is similar to Best Buy in that they put a temporary hold against the funds upon your initial purchase that depending on your bank will disappear withing 2-14 business days and then the funds will be available again.

I preordered Gears of War 3 Epic Edition x1 and Limited Edition x2 in seperate transactions when they had a promotion where if you used a Mastercard you got $25 of a $100 purchase.

At the time the price of Epic Edition was $169.99 and Limited was $89.99 which is ABOVE MSRP. I assumed they'd drop the price back to MSRP (which I believe is $149.99 and $79.99) when it got closer to release but they haven't yet.

I know this is OT but it it common for a company to sell games ABOVE MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I realize that it's a hold but it's annoying. Amazon doesn't do it that way and I assumed TRU just charged when it shipped. It's enough of an annoyance that I won't pre-order through them.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I realize that it's a hold but it's annoying. Amazon doesn't do it that way and I assumed TRU just charged when it shipped. It's enough of an annoyance that I won't pre-order through them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Best Buy really annoys me when they'll have a price mistake and still hold your funds for 5+ business days even though they cancel the order almost immediately.

I had $500+ dollars tied up into a flat screen tv price mistake last year that took them almost two weeks to release the funds and of course they used the classic excuse that my order was cancelled because they (Best Buy) couldn't verify my information... yet they could still charge my card and hold the funds?

[quote name='jer7583']Well considering I'll still have a coupon from Starfox 3DS or something else and will use it - I'll pay $40-$45 and get another $20 coupon for the next purchase.

Done questioning people's logic about what they pay?[/QUOTE]
No need to be overly sensitive about it. I just found it amusing that someone would choose paying MSRP and getting a coupon for future use over getting an initial $15 savings with no coupon needed.

But now that you've clarified that you have a prior coupon to reduce the initial cost out of pocket, then this makes much more sense.

I just thought the "coupon train" was pretty common knowledge and practice around these parts is all.

I have plotted my purchases from Gears3 till Christmas. Since they're all AAA titles I'm sure SHC will have deals for them all and the coupon train will be rolling.

Is Kmart carrying the Gears of War 3 controller?

Does anyone know the expiration date for the recent $15 coupon (from the $40 purchase)? I am trying to plan my coupon train but do not have it with me to see the end date.

If my counting is right and it is 45 days, then I should be okay. For some reason September 3rd is stuck in my head though.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Does anyone know the expiration date for the recent $15 coupon (from the $40 purchase)? I am trying to plan my coupon train but do not have it with me to see the end date.

If my counting is right and it is 45 days, then I should be okay. For some reason September 3rd is stuck in my head though.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

For some reason its shorter than normal and expires on 9/3

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']I've never lost a coupon or had any problems with it personally, but as I said, you have to be a smart consumer in order to manage that because those coupons are easily faded and you have to take your chances on a purchase you fully do not expect to return. Some people are just not empathetic enough to see both sides of the story.

Josh, I appreciate your pace of work and look forward to a more detailed explanation as to the true benefit of the coupon system versus the gift card system. While the lack of double taxation is definitely a benefit (not 100% sure if they apply tax to the total before or after coupon to validate that argument), it still seems like a shallow advantage and surely not one that would impact SHC's decision.[/QUOTE]
Sorry it has taken so long!

I usually think about it in useless car analogies.

The coupon system has the best 0-60 speed, brakes and best emission standards of any system. All of which help in negotiations with publishers and my internal finance teams where all the deals have to be approved.

Through the coupon system I can hit a $20 coupon on publisher funding that could probably only fund a $5-10 gift card (0-60 speed). This happens because one, a coupon breakage rate is much less than a gift card, basically those that don't redeem them (brakes) and another more important factor. Gift card redemptions typically only give back 33% (if that) to the category that offers them while gaming coupons give 100% back to the gaming department (emission standards). This is a huge boon for the publishers and a primary lever I have when negotiating an offer which also allows me to hit a very high amount on the coupons. EA doesn't really care if Kmart sells more toilet paper but because the engine is always pumping into building the industry, yep, big deal.

From a consumer perspective, basically, gift card programs would allow me to hit a $5-10 average while remaining margin neutral, coupons $15-$20. Smart gaming customers will (power users) will always have the best buy at Kmart while on the coupon train because of it.

P.S. The digital coupon option should solve all problems for storing and saving coupons.

How is Kmart with clearance games? I'm going into the city today but I don't see a clearance thread on CAG. Might pick up some clearance games if the price is right and it's a decent title.

Anyone know if there will be a deal on the new Deus Ex? I can't seem to find a deal anywhere on this game, beyond 5 bucks off. I don't really care about add on content in the game, I'll take the $$$. Here's a good chance for Kmart to step in and get some good business, all they need is a good deal :)

[quote name='Dysheekie']Anyone know if there will be a deal on the new Deus Ex? I can't seem to find a deal anywhere on this game, beyond 5 bucks off. I don't really care about add on content in the game, I'll take the $$$. Here's a good chance for Kmart to step in and get some good business, all they need is a good deal :)[/QUOTE]Josh is actually going to reveal the deal later today. :bouncy:

[quote name='karyadi']How is Kmart with clearance games? I'm going into the city today but I don't see a clearance thread on CAG. Might pick up some clearance games if the price is right and it's a decent title.[/QUOTE]There is a list in one of the first posts in this thread.

Does Kmart still carry Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition? If so how much does it cost? I really need to get it. I'll get the GOTY edition for $30 or less and if that's not available, I guess I'll get the regular for $15 or less. Any deals?

[quote name='horns456']I keep checking for the Deus Ex announcement. Not sure why, but it's probably because I am so bored today.[/QUOTE]
It's $20 gaming coupon + a 8 x 11 screen shot similar to how we did Marvel vs. Capcom. I was trying to get sick with it and add a points offer but the funding fell through for me a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah Im looking forward to it too but most of the time he shares it late in the evening.

Edit: Well then!

Points deal would have been awesome and made me pick it up there, guess ill be going the be bestbuy route.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's $20 gaming coupon + a 8 x 11 screen shot similar to how we did Marvel vs. Capcom. I was trying to get sick with it and add a points offer but the funding fell through for me a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Does the coupon come with augmented versions as well?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah Im looking forward to it too but most of the time he shares it late in the evening.

Edit: Well then!

Points deal would have been awesome and made me pick it up there, guess ill be going the be bestbuy route.[/QUOTE]

Can I ask why? Not trying to be a smart ass, more curious if I missed something because all I saw from BB was a $10 reward zone cert.

[quote name='oiskaio']Can I ask why? Not trying to be a smart ass, more curious if I missed something because all I saw from BB was a $10 reward zone cert.[/QUOTE]

Not to derail this thread but you'd be getting the $10 RZ cert, credit towards the preorder 5 titles get $100 RZ cert, points towards the spent $150 on gaming merchandize get a $10 cert and any release day offers they may have (if they have any at all).

It's more of a piece of a puzzle towards a great deal down the the road although I'm a sucker for swag so I'm going to get mine at Kmart... if they have the augmented version (I'm while to travel) anywhere in state; which is doubtful :(

[quote name='GBAstar']Not to derail this thread but you'd be getting the $10 RZ cert, credit towards the preorder 5 titles get $100 RZ cert, points towards the spent $150 on gaming merchandize get a $10 cert and any release day offers they may have (if they have any at all).

It's more of a piece of a puzzle towards a great deal down the the road although I'm a sucker for swag so I'm going to get mine at Kmart... if they have the augmented version (I'm while to travel) anywhere in state; which is doubtful :([/QUOTE]
Deus Ex isn't in the 5/$100 Best Buy deal. Would have been sweet if Kmart could have had a points card deal along with the $20 though :(

[quote name='GBAstar']Not to derail this thread but you'd be getting the $10 RZ cert, credit towards the preorder 5 titles get $100 RZ cert, points towards the spent $150 on gaming merchandize get a $10 cert and any release day offers they may have (if they have any at all).

It's more of a piece of a puzzle towards a great deal down the the road although I'm a sucker for swag so I'm going to get mine at Kmart... if they have the augmented version (I'm while to travel) anywhere in state; which is doubtful :([/QUOTE]

Deus Ex isnt part of that deal for some reason.

I have a $10 cert, $15 gift card, it comes with $10, has DLC I can sell, goes towards my next $150 which will put me over to another 10, I'll also get double points and hopefully it'll have a decent gc deal which should be posted in the next weeks ad in a day or so. So personally its a much better deal for me. But if there were a points deal at kmart would get there for sure, need PSN money for that new infamous addon.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Deus Ex isnt part of that deal for some reason.

I have a $10 cert, $15 gift card, it comes with $10, has DLC I can sell, goes towards my next $150 which will put me over to another 10, I'll also get double points and hopefully it'll have a decent gc deal which should be posted in the next weeks ad in a day or so. So personally its a much better deal for me. But if there were a points deal at kmart would get there for sure, need PSN money for that new infamous addon.[/QUOTE]

Got ya! Thanks for the reply. Still trying to decide where to get it at... or just wait. :roll:

points would have been nice to use on third strike online edition that same week :( still a good deal!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Deus Ex isn't in the 5/$100 Best Buy deal. Would have been sweet if Kmart could have had a points card deal along with the $20 though :([/QUOTE]Same here--a few weeks back, Josh told me the planned deal was for a $20 coupon and free $20 points card :)cry:), so while this deal is slightly less "hot" by comparison, it's still better than anything else I've seen, and I'm not even buying Deus Ex myself (hopefully I'll be getting it as a birthday present).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's $20 gaming coupon + a 8 x 11 screen shot similar to how we did Marvel vs. Capcom. I was trying to get sick with it and add a points offer but the funding fell through for me a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Other retailers giving preorder bonus pack of those two guns and creds, not as good as gamestop preorder but still extra gear. Are you all going to be including that preorder bonus in your deus ex games or no?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It shouldn't, but it really bothers me how stupid people are on this site.

Okay, genius, I didn't mean treat it like money so go try and deposit it in the bank or use it to buy groceries. I meant treat it like cash in the way you store it/take care of it because if you lose it, you're basically losing money.

And no, this isn't a program similar to Reward Zone at all. This is a program similar to those coupons that print up at the register when you buy groceries. If you lose those, you don't magically get another one.

And to the person saying that it should be clear that you don't get the full value back when you use a coupon? Really? fuck, this shit is just sad. No wonder China is kicking our asses.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bring this back up but I just caught up and have to reply to this stupid fuck:

I know exactly what you meant it was just asinine.

You are right. Silly me receipt paper is SOOOO good and doesn't fade at all. So a gift card would be a better fit, in my opinion. Or something similar to Best Buys Reward zone where you can print it off yourself on paper that isn't heat sensitive like receipt paper.

I have a question regarding the Kmart 7 days price adjustment when an item changes in price.
I bought a PS3 at kmart last week and I got a 50$ gaming coupon with that rewards card. The PS3 got a price cut yesterday, and I am still within the 7 days period.
If I go price adjust it at my local kmart with my receipt (not talking about a full return/rebuy), will they take away my coupon or they won't care? (it'd be nice of course if I could keep it).
Does anyone know for sure?

Also, my local store hasn't updated the PS3 price yet, only the kmart website has it. Josh, could you check so that info is relayed to the local stores quickly?

[quote name='GBAstar']TRU is similar to Best Buy in that they put a temporary hold against the funds upon your initial purchase that depending on your bank will disappear withing 2-14 business days and then the funds will be available again.

I know this is OT but it it common for a company to sell games ABOVE MSRP?[/QUOTE]

TRU in NYC are NOTORIOUS for selling all games $5-$10 over MSRP.

Hoping for a B2G1 or something for the new nintendo selects at the end of the month. Or the $5 off deal that runs this week would be awesome. I want to get like, 3 of those when they drop to $20. I never was able to find punch out at any of my stores when it dropped to $20.

[quote name='joshnorm']Sorry for bring this back up but I just caught up and have to reply to this stupid fuck:

You are right. Silly me receipt paper is SOOOO good and doesn't fade at all. So a gift card would be a better fit, in my opinion. Or something similar to Best Buys Reward zone where you can print it off yourself on paper that isn't heat sensitive like receipt paper.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to have a coupon fade on me. You know why? Because, like you, I know it's a possibility. Therefore, I make sure it doesn't happen.

Go whine some more.

[quote name='joshnorm']Sorry for bring this back up but I just caught up and have to reply to this stupid fuck:

You are right. Silly me receipt paper is SOOOO good and doesn't fade at all. So a gift card would be a better fit, in my opinion. Or something similar to Best Buys Reward zone where you can print it off yourself on paper that isn't heat sensitive like receipt paper.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried the digital version of them? Never fades, really works out for me!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Have you tried the digital version of them? Never fades, really works out for me![/QUOTE]
You buy games at Kmart too? Just kidding.

It's like, you go to Kmart, and the cashier gives you all sorts of trouble. You're like, "Do you know who I am!?"

[quote name='sadboy']You buy games at Kmart too? Just kidding.

It's like, you go to Kmart, and the cashier gives you all sorts of trouble. You're like, "Do you know who I am!?"[/QUOTE]

He gets mad at the cashier and calls corporate. Ends up calling his own voice mail.

[quote name='o_O']He gets mad at the cashier and calls corporate. Ends up calling his own voice mail.[/QUOTE]
This is pretty much how it goes.....

[quote name='jza1218']Any idea on when we'll see the offers for NHL 12 and StarFox?[/QUOTE]
Looking like a $20 for NHL and a $15 for Star Fox.

Josh, out of curiosity (and forgive me if I've asked before), but from a retail standpoint, how do retailers view games with Steamworks? It seems to offer a way to keep retailers from being cut out completely while giving customers the convenience of tying it to Steam.

[quote name='sadboy']You buy games at Kmart too? Just kidding.

It's like, you go to Kmart, and the cashier gives you all sorts of trouble. You're like, "Do you know who I am!?"[/QUOTE]
I'm telling you man, he has a badge he can whip out. It's the source of all of his powers.

SHC-Gamer, could I please have an answer on this?

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']I have a question regarding the Kmart 7 days price adjustment when an item changes in price.
I bought a PS3 at kmart last week and I got a 50$ gaming coupon with that rewards card. The PS3 got a price cut yesterday, and I am still within the 7 days period.
If I go price adjust it at my local kmart with my receipt (not talking about a full return/rebuy), will they take away my coupon or they won't care? (it'd be nice of course if I could keep it).
Does anyone know for sure?

Also, my local store hasn't updated the PS3 price yet, only the kmart website has it. Josh, could you check so that info is relayed to the local stores quickly?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Josh, out of curiosity (and forgive me if I've asked before), but from a retail standpoint, how do retailers view games with Steamworks? It seems to offer a way to keep retailers from being cut out completely while giving customers the convenience of tying it to Steam.

I'm telling you man, he has a badge he can whip out. It's the source of all of his powers.[/QUOTE]
I've got a different view on this in the industry that is starting to gain some traction. It centers around licensing agreements more than transactions. We'll see where it goes.

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']SHC-Gamer, could I please have an answer on this?[/QUOTE]
I do not believe they will take away your coupon however, it may be YMMV since the coupon value is the price drop essentially and store may just not price adjust it.

A communication was just sent down to all stores to have them honor the price drop even though the price change won't reflect in the system until tomorrow though.

Definitely post your experience if you try it!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking like a $20 for NHL and a $15 for Star Fox.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I know where I'll be getting my hockey fix. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Does it have to be "in the system" for them to be able to do the price adjustment, or is the memo that you said was just sent enough for them to do the price adjustment for me? (asking because I'm about to head in the area and it'd save me a trip).
And regarding my gaming coupon, do you know the procedure they use to process price adjustments? What would be the best steps for me to take to ensure I keep my coupon if possible?
Thanks for the help.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Have you tried the digital version of them? Never fades, really works out for me![/QUOTE]

I don't keep up with the Kmart thread that much, but I thought stores weren't taking those.

For anybody wondering, the 3DS points cards, along with DSi points, Wii points, and xbox live points cards arrived at my store yesterday. YMMV where they will put them, as there are no designated plot plans, so you may have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back