Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Wow, I hope Kmart isn't stocking many copies of Bodycount. If the demo is anything to go by, then it's going to bomb, and hard. It's terrible. They managed to ruin ironsights and make the act of shooting unsatisfying. There's a certain je ne sais quoi you feel in most modern FPS that makes movement and aiming feel smooth and precise that's missing here. Moving, shooting, and aiming all felt awkward, slow, or frustratingly imprecise. This makes Homefront look good.

[quote name='confoosious']+1

Getting something release week means you pay more for the privilege. Game X will be $20 in 5 years? No shit? Wow, as a CAG, I never would've been able to figure out that games get cheaper the older they are. That's AMAZING. Does everyone know about this?![/QUOTE]
The Da Vinci Code of cheapassery has been cracked! :hot: Spread the word, for all shall know the truth of the Price Drop.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']EDIT: Wow, I hope Kmart isn't stocking many copies of Bodycount. If the demo is anything to go by, then it's going to bomb, and hard. It's terrible. They managed to ruin ironsights and make the act of shooting unsatisfying. There's a certain je ne sais quoi you feel in most modern FPS that makes movement and aiming feel smooth and precise that's missing here. Moving, shooting, and aiming all felt awkward, slow, or frustratingly imprecise. This makes Homefront look good.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was hoping the Demo for Bodycount would have revealed a diamond in the rough but unfortunately I agree it was just a meh sort of game. I will buy it on the cheap someday though. The crazy thing is a Demo is always a risk and you would hope they would put their best foot forward to generate sales but I think this will have the opposite effect.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Like I said I did not include trade on trade in my "cost". So I had GS credit and bought 9 copies of Two Worlds II during the B2G1 sale for about $120 in trade and $30 cash. Turned around and took them to BB for $30 each for $270. Took some of that BB credit and bought 4 DA2 for about $18 a piece after coupons (bought multiple mags) and traded them to GS for $32 a piece. That same DA2 purchase had several Shift2 purchases at $17 which traded for $23 at Amazon. I also bought Bulletstorm multiple times from Gohastings for around $14 and traded to BB for $21-$25. I also bought 6 copies of Star Wars FU:II at Blockbuster for $7.50 a piece and trades them to BB for $18.20 a piece. I have other individual games from my collection and Black ops from TRU when they messed up the 2 for $50 deal (got those for $21/each and traded to BB for $32.50/each)

People won't like me talking about all the flips but you just have to keep your eyes out for trade on trade flips. Going back and forth between stores can increase credit really fast.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for those details.

Just so you all know, at least temporarily there is a change in how I answer email.

I'll give you the context of course.

Monday - I leave at 2:30-2:45a.m. for work and get done around 6-7. That night I am spent to be honest.

Tuesday - I work through 10p.m. generally and go right to the hotel.

Wednesday - I work until about 5p.m. and drive to Michigan. Get in about 12-1a.m.

Thursday night (Free)

Friday evening, Sat. Sun. I am with my family.

Until I am done commuting back and forth Thursdays and Friday afternoons are my available times to catch up on email. I am very sorry it is not as quick as it used to be but I wanted to be straight up with everyone.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With the backlog I have(40-ish games and growing) I've learned to have patience and wait for price drops and clearances, since I never know how long it's going to be before I finally get to playing those games.:razz:

Speaking of Kmart coupons and things, I'm still (im)patiently waiting for the $30 gc that Josh sent out to me.:cry: I was kinda hoping to use it on maybe a copy of Hunted: Demon's Forge(which is $40 new now I think) or a couple clearance titles by now.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Patience is key...btw Hunted is $29.99/$26.99 at GS. I think it's funny, and quite sad that people try to rationalise their purchases. Some guy last week replied to people complaining about these deals and said (not exact quote) "I just bought Hunted for $60 and got Vanquish for free plus a $15 coupon" Wow, ya dude great deal!! lol. Vanquish is $19.99/$17.99 at GS. He could of bought these games used for about $40-$42 with edge card. And these people call themselves a CAG? Lmao at these coupons.....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just so you all know, at least temporarily there is a change in how I answer email.

I'll give you the context of course.

Monday - I leave at 2:30-2:45a.m. for work and get done around 6-7. That night I am spent to be honest.

Tuesday - I work through 10p.m. generally and go right to the hotel.

Wednesday - I work until about 5p.m. and drive to Michigan. Get in about 12-1a.m.

Thursday night (Free)

Friday evening, Sat. Sun. I am with my family.

Until I am done commuting back and forth Thursdays and Friday afternoons are my available times to catch up on email. I am very sorry it is not as quick as it used to be but I wanted to be straight up with everyone.[/QUOTE]

sucks you have to start work at 2 am. why such odd hours? :shock:

[quote name='lude21']Patience is key...btw Hunted is $29.99/$26.99 at GS. I think it's funny, and quite sad that people try to rationalise their purchases. Some guy last week replied to people complaining about these deals and said (not exact quote) "I just bought Hunted for $60 and got Vanquish for free plus a $15 coupon" Wow, ya dude great deal!! lol. Vanquish is $19.99/$17.99 at GS. He could of bought these games used for about $40-$42 with edge card. And these people call themselves a CAG? Lmao at these coupons.....[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize being a cag meant you couldn't distinguish between used and new.

yeah that bodycount demo was pretty bad.

If you're going to make a shooter in 2011 you're going to need to do better than that. There's just too much competition in that genre. It just wasn't fun to play and had no context or motivation, nothing really going on but shoot the dudes and get to the checkpoint shown in front of your face.

I don't know why poop like this gets approved and funded but Mega Man Legends 3 gets cancelled and Xenoblade can't even be published in america. Bodycount and a dozen other generic FPS games coming out this holiday will fail and have huge budgets attached to them - at least MML3 and Xenoblade would be cheap to make..

The game industry sucks sometimes.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']On a side note, the coupon/gc train is one of those smoke & mirrors types of deals. This is not singling out Kmart as all of the National retailers use the same method. If you figure that the average coupon/gc is $20 you have to string together 7 coupons/gc to pay less than you would have if each of the games was merely reduced $20 in the price or on sale for that price. If you can string together more than 7 in the train then you start to beat those prices of a $20 discount using that model. When you factor in that the coupons/gc are commonly below $20 (any given retailer), then you see how much of a "deal" you are really getting.

The big difference of course is how flexible the money you've invested into the chain is. If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole. If you spend your money on other things, the restrictions of those coupons really devalue.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing your logic on "you need to buy 7 games before the discounts add up to $20"

Especially during the holiday release season, there are a lot of games many people want to buy coming out in a short amount of time. If you spend $60 on that first game, then your next one is $40 and you get another $20 coupon, you could look at it as a $10 discount on the first two titles, and a $20 one on every game afterwards. or you could look at it as one full price purchase and $20 off every one after that. How did you come up with seven?

If you only buy 1 or 2 new releases during the 3-4 months of holiday release bedlam maybe it's not best for you - but it's still more of a discount than what you'd get at any other retailer for new release games. Even if that last $20 coupon only goes towards a points card or a controller or another game that got discounted to $30/$40.

All the retailers are focused on volume with new release titles - look at best buy's pre-order 5, get $100 credit. Or you could just buy at MSRP at gamestop.

[quote name='yahoosale14']sucks you have to start work at 2 am. why such odd hours? :shock:[/QUOTE]
I currently live in Troy, MI taking care of my fam after my dad passed and I work in Hoffman Estates, IL I drive Monday to Illinois and Wednesday I drive back.

[quote name='lude21']Patience is key...btw Hunted is $29.99/$26.99 at GS. I think it's funny, and quite sad that people try to rationalise their purchases. Some guy last week replied to people complaining about these deals and said (not exact quote) "I just bought Hunted for $60 and got Vanquish for free plus a $15 coupon" Wow, ya dude great deal!! lol. Vanquish is $19.99/$17.99 at GS. He could of bought these games used for about $40-$42 with edge card. And these people call themselves a CAG? Lmao at these coupons.....[/QUOTE]

Some of us would rather pay more to get new than to save a few bucks and buy some game that some fat ass gamer got Cheeto crumbs on and probably read the manual while taking a shit. Gamers are some of the most un-hygenic pieces of shit around, why would I want anything second hand from them?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Some of us would rather pay more to get new than to save a few bucks and buy some game that some fat ass gamer got Cheeto crumbs on and probably read the manual while taking a shit. Gamers are some of the most un-hygenic pieces of shit around, why would I want anything second hand from them?[/QUOTE]

agreed

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Some of us would rather pay more to get new than to save a few bucks and buy some game that some fat ass gamer got Cheeto crumbs on and probably read the manual while taking a shit. Gamers are some of the most un-hygenic pieces of shit around, why would I want anything second hand from them?[/QUOTE]

Do you have friends, if you don't mind me asking?

Alright, this made me laugh :)

[quote name='jer7583']yeah that bodycount demo was pretty bad.

If you're going to make a shooter in 2011 you're going to need to do better than that. There's just too much competition in that genre. It just wasn't fun to play and had no context or motivation, nothing really going on but shoot the dudes and get to the checkpoint shown in front of your face.

I don't know why poop like this gets approved and funded but Mega Man Legends 3 gets cancelled and Xenoblade can't even be published in america. Bodycount and a dozen other generic FPS games coming out this holiday will fail and have huge budgets attached to them - at least MML3 and Xenoblade would be cheap to make..

The game industry sucks sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I just got done playing (single player) 007 Quantum of Solace and I thought it was actually decent. One of the better movie games. The MP is fun also. Bodycount may look better but the gameplay is so much worse than 007 even though it is 3 years old. Say what you want about Treyarch but even their C class shooters feel better than some of these supposed high tier games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I currently live in Troy, MI taking care of my fam after my dad passed and I work in Hoffman Estates, IL I drive Monday to Illinois and Wednesday I drive back.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Hartland, 45 minutes away with me driving. If you're ever killing time in our area, let me know! Any special midnight releases you decide to attend, I may crash :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']I didn't realize being a cag meant you couldn't distinguish between used and new.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't my point, i put new prices also. I was saying this guy "thought" he got a GREAT deal, if he bought them new he only would of spent $50 out of pocket instead of $60, so in essence he got a $5 coupon. Whooohoo party time! And if he waited longer....guess what? They get cheaper. Sorry, thought this was Cheapassgamer, not, Notsocheapimpatientgamer. :)

As far as used games, what ghetto do you live in that games are full of crud? Well, 360 games are usually in worse shape than PS3 games i'll admit. I only buy PS3 games and there always in great shape. Who cares if there fingerprints on the case. Ever hear of windex?

I guess i just find it funny that alot of people think spending $60 and getting a $15 coupon on a sub-par game is a GREAT deal. I rather wait a month and get it for $40. But then again, i wouldn't even do that. Yup, im a CAG :)

OMGZ? Games get cheaper?

Being a CAG doesn't mean buying a game as cheap as possible.

Being a CAG means buying a game as cheap as possible at the time you want to buy it.

Somehow people are incapable of understanding this distinction.

[quote name='confoosious']OMGZ? Games get cheaper?

Being a CAG means buying a game as cheap as possible at the time you want to buy it.

Somehow people are incapable of understanding this distinction.[/QUOTE]

idk about that...a large amount of people will only buy game A when it hits $10,$20 etc.

although paying $60 without a $10-$20 credit is illegal here. :)

[quote name='confoosious']OMGZ? Games get cheaper?

Somehow people are incapable of understanding this distinction.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you just made my point for me, thank you! Being a CAG means gettin a game as cheap as possible when you want it. Sure i buy games new/used when i want them, but i do by flipping clearance/flea market/yard sale stuff to either GS or local stores.

I don't know how much more we'll accomplish with this discussion really.

Feels like groundhog day.

Seems like a lot of preorders (with the exception of Newegg) are holding their preorder incentives close to the chest (perhaps due to increased competition?!?!)

Amazon has nothing, quiet here too, which I understand. Still plenty of time.

Its been a while, but I have to say it again. This may be the 10th time I have said this, but I LOVE THIS THREAD. Almost reminds me of the Altanis (dont call me Atlantis) period.

[quote name='wrencrest']Its been a while, but I have to say it again. This may be the 10th time I have said this, but I LOVE THIS THREAD. Almost reminds me of the Altanis (dont call me Atlantis) period.[/QUOTE]

Lol, this thread is laughable and useless, to me anyway. I just come in here to get a good laugh at Notsocheapimpatientgamers jumping for joy over coupons and the people who ride Josh's dik.

To (kind of) start a new discussion, what does everyone think about the recently-posted Captain America: Super Soldier review on the KmartGamer website?

http://gamer.kmart.com/2011/08/captain-america-super-soldier-review/

I agree with it for the most part (I wouldn't exactly call the graphics "stunning" and I would have preferred if there were slightly less collectibles). Based on my time with the game so far, I'm pleasantly surprised; while not nearly as polished as Arkham Asylum, the battle system feels great and I actually feel like I'm Captain America when playing. I'm so glad I was able to get this through my local library. :p

If I had to put a rating to it, I'd rate it 4.25/5.

[quote name='lude21']As far as used games, what ghetto do you live in that games are full of crud? Well, 360 games are usually in worse shape than PS3 games i'll admit. I only buy PS3 games and there always in great shape. Who cares if there fingerprints on the case. Ever hear of windex?

I guess i just find it funny that alot of people think spending $60 and getting a $15 coupon on a sub-par game is a GREAT deal. I rather wait a month and get it for $40. But then again, i wouldn't even do that. Yup, im a CAG :)[/QUOTE]

Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I would never trust the hygiene of a gamer to save $5-10.

That was me! So first off, don't compare buying new games to buying used games. I wanted something new, not used, as many others have mentioned. And by YOUR account, Hunted new is $30, Vanquish new is $20. That's $50. Add in $15 for that coupon and HOLY SHIT! IT TOTALS UP TO $65! Which is MORE than the $60 I was content paying!
On top of that, Kmart is a 5 minute walk from my house which requires no gas. GameStop is a minimum 20-25 minute drive which eats up some gas money, so there's some more savings.
Seems I got a better deal than what GameStop is offering now, and that was what, last week? Two weeks ago?
You're not a CAG, you're a shithead.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']
You're not a CAG, you're a shithead.[/QUOTE]

Post of the day.

Just because he wants to buy used at gamestop doesn't mean he needs to shit on people who want to get new releases quickly and are ok with the coupons and whatever value calculation they make. It's laughable that he thinks he's a better CAG than others.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Holy shit, that's a lot of games.[/QUOTE]

it was that long before it was removed.

nice to know mgs HD collection is on the 8th now. hopefully theres a $20 credit with it

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry it fell off for a bit[/QUOTE]:applause: Bravo, Josh! There's no need to apologize.

Now, let's take a look here at my coupon train...*gulp*

8-23 :ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon + 8x11 Collectible Print
9-9 :3ds: Star Fox 64 3D
9-19 :ds: Kirby Mass Attack [NOTE: I'm hoping Kirby Returns to Dreamland comes out the same day/week and that there will be a combined deal for both]
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection
10-18 :ps3: Batman Arkham City
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-11 :360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360: Saint's Row: The Third
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-21 :3ds: Kid Icarus
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart

Let me start off by saying that I really like the format here, Josh: clear and direct.

I think that compared to most people, I'll be buying fewer games this holiday season (I'm willing to wait for sales/price drops on others like AC:R, Dark Souls, Rage, etc., while the above list contains my potential day-one purchases with my desired platform for the multiplatform games), but my gosh, there's still a lot of games that interest me. My wallet will probably begin crying...now. 8-[

SHC-Gamer, is there any chance that Disgaea 4 (coming out on sept 6) will have any kind of offer/coupon at all?
Also, I asked my store if they were going to carry it and they told me they have no way of knowing. Do you know if that particular game will ship to all KMarts and be available in stores on the 6th?

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']SHC-Gamer, is there any chance that Disgaea 4 (coming out on sept 6) will have any kind of offer/coupon at all?
Also, I asked my store if they were going to carry it and they told me they have no way of knowing. Do you know if that particular game will ship to all KMarts and be available in stores on the 6th?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, Josh has said that no Kmart stores will be getting Disgaea 4 in stock, and as such, there won't be any deal for it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Unfortunately, Josh has said that no Kmart stores will be getting Disgaea 4 in stock, and as such, there won't be any deal for it.[/QUOTE]

Well this sucks, I was really looking forward to using my coupon for that game since that's pretty much the only game I'm interested in for september.
Is there any way at all to use a store coupon for an online kmart purchase? Unfortunately I don't think there is, but you never know...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So, any deals planned for Disgaea 4?

How about post-launch deals for Catherine?[/QUOTE]

Hate to be THAT GUY....but....did you happen to read two post above yours?

Any word if K-Mart will be carrying the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)? It'll be cool to get this version of the game plus the $20 credit coupon!

[quote name='DreamStinger']Any word if K-Mart will be carrying the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)? It'll be cool to get this version of the game plus the $20 credit coupon![/QUOTE]
Very limited, less than 300 of each for 360 and PS3

[quote name='caponesgun']Madden in 12 days and Deux Ex right around the corner. I haven't seen any news on DE recently. Good or bad, any words yet?[/QUOTE]
First few reviews have been pretty positive, and impressions I've read of the leaked build a few months back were also positive. I'd say it's going to be a very good game. Hopefully getting out ahead of the crowd will help it sales-wise. My cynicism will only grow if the market rejects it completely in favor of Call of Duty 8.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Will there be a coupon for Disgaea 4?[/QUOTE]
:applause: I hope this becomes a new meme for this thread.

[FONT=&quot]Here's my list of games. As if I'll be able to stop myself from buying more. Bolded = I'm so excited I just couldn't hide it.

[/FONT]
8-23 Deus Ex Human Revolution
9-6 Dead Island
10-4 Rage
10-4 Dark Souls
10-18 Batman Arkham City

10-25 Battlefield 3
11-1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

11-8 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 Saint's Row: The Third

11-15Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (maybe)

As for Deus Ex It's getting some positive reviews so far. OXM 8.5'd it and said the voice acting was terrible, story was disappointing, killer music, gameplay is a superb mix of stealth/combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back