Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='victimsofadown']The coupon train makes me so happy! Another questions... are the coupons transferrable? For example can he give me a coupon, then I buy a game and give him a coupon back? Or give a coupon to another friend?

I know that doesn't really make sense but is it possible?[/QUOTE]

makes sense. as in, say theres a release u want but he doesnt? umm... technically no, they're tied to ur sywr acc. so unless u guys share one, it wont work

[quote name='Shurs']So, are these deals -- which are great, by the way -- limited to one game per customer?

I ask because I just got back from Kmart, looking for a copy of Dead Island (I went yesterday, too) and the woman working told me that a man came and bought all 6 copies of the game (3 on Xbox, 3 on PS3) that they received.

She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

did you ask her if his name was harvey? :)

They really need to limit new release games to 2 per person if they don't have a ton of stock.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']makes sense. as in, say theres a release u want but he doesnt? umm... technically no, they're tied to ur sywr acc. so unless u guys share one, it wont work[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Can you buy 2 copies of a game (separate transactions) to receive the $20 coupon for each game?

[quote name='Shurs']So, are these deals -- which are great, by the way -- limited to one game per customer?

I ask because I just got back from Kmart, looking for a copy of Dead Island (I went yesterday, too) and the woman working told me that a man came and bought all 6 copies of the game (3 on Xbox, 3 on PS3) that they received.

She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

ughh ya know I can see 2 copies for the coupon deal but 6? and 12 or so games every tuesday? is he building a video game fort of some sorts?

[quote name='Huggybear1688']a lot of people i think buy games for the coupons then sells the games for like 50 bucks, that way they net about 10 free bucks every coupon[/QUOTE]

Makes sense but there is a cap on how many coupons can be used per bar code. So 6 copies of the same game are pointless when 4 of the 6 coupons will be void after the first 2 are used. Unless I am reading the OP wrong?

That may be $10 of profit for every game/coupon before tax, but it only comes out to ~$5-6 after tax. And if he sells on Amazon or eBay, the listing fees will eat into that more.

God, the things people will do for a few bucks.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Thank you. Can you buy 2 copies of a game (separate transactions) to receive the $20 coupon for each game?[/QUOTE]

yup. typically the deals are set up so each acc can get in on the deal twice. if its any diff josh usually lets us know

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You may wanna hold off on the Dark Souls Collector's Edition, since Namco-Bandai has supposedly changed it.

The artbook is a physical extra, but the guide they promised with the game may be a digital download, and the soundtrack and a behind the scenes featurette are both only digital downloads at this point.:cry:

The only thing still being offered as a free bonus for buying right at launch is a metal(steelbook perhaps) case for the game.

You may want to start following this thread on CAG to keep up with the details of the Dark Souls CE to see if the offer changes anymore before launch.[/QUOTE]
Sad to see how bad they are Fable II-ing this release.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Thank you. Can you buy 2 copies of a game (separate transactions) to receive the $20 coupon for each game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but do note that when you use those two coupons, they must be on separate purchases since they were earned from the same game. You can, however, combine coupons that were earned from different games.

Also, regarding transferring coupons, others have reported that their household has more than one SYWR account and they've never had an issue when losing track of which coupons were from which account. While they are tied to their originating account for bookkeeping purposes, it appears that you don't have to be using that card when redeeming.

Even so, you might be better off just agreeing to buy the games for one another for simplicity's sake. I don't have one on hand to examine, but there's possibly a restriction printed on the coupons against transfer.

When I went on release day at night, two stores only seemed to have 3 copies of dead island left for ps3and a bit more for resistance 3 but since these games are surely good games, I'm sure plenty people want these at the deal price

Here's something to make Josh fell better about Dead Island stock: All of the Gamestop's in the southwest section of St. Louis (about 15 stores total) are sold out of Dead Island on all 3 platforms. Also one of my friends who lives in the Austin, TX area said all of the Best Buy's are sold out of Dead Island also.

My personal Gamestop (among those 15) is also down to 2 copies of R3 and ran out of Warhammer on 360 on Tuesday, but got more copies on Wednesday. They ran out of Deus Ex on PS3 in the first week and just got 2 more copies yesterday. They're also down to their last 6 or so copies on 360.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Sad to see how bad they are Fable II-ing this release.[/QUOTE]

Especially since From Software screwed over Atlus to have this game published by Namco/Bandai. You can read the hurt in-between-the-lines in the interview the NA head of Atlus gave to Game Informer a couple of months back.

I had a good experience to report at Store #3483. On Wednesday evening, I dropped by to pick up a copy of Dead Island for 360. With all the posts about supply issues that this game seems to have, I was expecting "We're sold out, the truck hasn't delivered the game yet, or I've opened up all the boxes in the back and haven't found it." To my pleasant surprise, there were about 4 copies of each version left. A girl working in the electronics dept. immediately came up to me and asked if I needed help. I told her I wanted to buy the 360 version of DI. She knew exactly what I was talking about and mentioned that a $20 gaming coupon was included for future purchase. All copies were stored in a drawer at the cash register of the electronics dept. My only criticism is that there were no signs that DI was available at the cash register. Apparently, they were waiting to make room in the glass cabinet for the new releases. The coupon printed out with no problems. Finally, I always recommend that you ask the clerk to choose the "Print/Email" option regarding the receipt. Not only was the digital version of the receipt emailed to me, the gaming coupon was too! So if I ever lose the originals, I have my digitals as backup.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']a lot of people i think buy games for the coupons then sells the games for like 50 bucks, that way they net about 10 free bucks every coupon[/QUOTE]

Those people are dumb as hell. If they sell it on eBay, they'll most likely only make $1 or $2 after fees, if that. Factor in the gas they used to get to the store and their time and they lost money. I just don't understand it sometimes.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Those people are dumb as hell. If they sell it on eBay, they'll most likely only make $1 or $2 after fees, if that. Factor in the gas they used to get to the store and their time and they lost money. I just don't understand it sometimes.[/QUOTE]
agreed. Because of issues such as this, stock/inventory, I found myself just waiting for price drops on titles I would probably purchased at release.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Those people are dumb as hell. If they sell it on eBay, they'll most likely only make $1 or $2 after fees, if that. Factor in the gas they used to get to the store and their time and they lost money. I just don't understand it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

If even. There are a lot of people who try to resell games day 1 so you see a lot of 3rd parties selling the game off for $46-$48 at launch because of the amount going up for sale. So if the guy the previous poster mentioned was trying to resell 6-12 copies, its much more likely he'd be losing money than anything else. Just ridiculous to see. Now if he found 6 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy or Ultimate Sith...that would be different and I'd commend the lucky bastard.

To those wondering, yes the SYWR cap for coupons is set at 2. Nothing comes out when you buy the third copy. From my previous experience buying two of the same title on the same transaction only gives 1 coupon as well.

Back on topic, I picked up Dead Island for PS3 in Lodi, CA. Coupon printed fine, worker knew how to ring up my Madden coupon, and they had a lot available for purchase on both systems.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I had a good experience to report at Store #3483. On Wednesday evening, I dropped by to pick up a copy of Dead Island for 360. With all the posts about supply issues that this game seems to have, I was expecting "We're sold out, the truck hasn't delivered the game yet, or I've opened up all the boxes in the back and haven't found it." To my pleasant surprise, there were about 4 copies of each version left. A girl working in the electronics dept. immediately came up to me and asked if I needed help. I told her I wanted to buy the 360 version of DI. She knew exactly what I was talking about and mentioned that a $20 gaming coupon was included for future purchase. All copies were stored in a drawer at the cash register of the electronics dept. My only criticism is that there were no signs that DI was available at the cash register. Apparently, they were waiting to make room in the glass cabinet for the new releases. The coupon printed out with no problems. Finally, I always recommend that you ask the clerk to choose the "Print/Email" option regarding the receipt. Not only was the digital version of the receipt emailed to me, the gaming coupon was too! So if I ever lose the originals, I have my digitals as backup.[/QUOTE]

I did lose my original once, the $15 Ocarina of Time coupon. I printed out the digital one from the email and it worked just fine.

I bought a couple of appliances at Sears and was signed up for the shopyourwayrewards. Does this automatically sign you up for all participating stores, including Kmart ? I've got about $25 on the card and would love to add the $15 coupon from StarFox. So can you use the balance on the card with the coupon on one purchase. If so I know where I am buying Gears 3. Thanks for any info.

[quote name='bigE24']So, can we expect stores that are currently out of stock on Dead Island 360 to get more this week? I've never had them run out of a title in less than one day.[/QUOTE]

Did we get an answer to this yet?

[quote name='crazybot']I bought a couple of appliances at Sears and was signed up for the shopyourwayrewards. Does this automatically sign you up for all participating stores, including Kmart ? I've got about $25 on the card and would love to add the $15 coupon from StarFox. So can you use the balance on the card with the coupon on one purchase. If so I know where I am buying Gears 3. Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the program is company wide, so you're good to go for using your membership at KMart.

[quote name='rawrker']If even. There are a lot of people who try to resell games day 1 so you see a lot of 3rd parties selling the game off for $46-$48 at launch because of the amount going up for sale. So if the guy the previous poster mentioned was trying to resell 6-12 copies, its much more likely he'd be losing money than anything else. Just ridiculous to see. Now if he found 6 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy or Ultimate Sith...that would be different and I'd commend the lucky bastard.

To those wondering, yes the SYWR cap for coupons is set at 2. Nothing comes out when you buy the third copy. From my previous experience buying two of the same title on the same transaction only gives 1 coupon as well.

Back on topic, I picked up Dead Island for PS3 in Lodi, CA. Coupon printed fine, worker knew how to ring up my Madden coupon, and they had a lot available for purchase on both systems.[/QUOTE]

There was a long gap inbetween games I wanted, and I wanted to keep the coupon train going, so I bought a game once with a coupon and resold it. I think after all eBay and PayPal fees, I made about $5. When you factor in gas, I didn't even make that. So yeah, if you're looking to become rich over buying and reselling using the coupon program, you're not too bright.

Copies of Warhammer and Dead Island aren't selling out (by some extraordinary demand), some of these stores just didn't order any in on launch day or they ordered in one or two copies only. It's really infuriating.

[quote name='DomLando']Did we get an answer to this yet?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately no, there will not be more. If you would like to purchase online I'll honor the purchase via gift card but I know it's not as good as using a coupon and getting a coupon. Only solution I have though right now. Thx.

Josh, while your around will there be any deal for F1 2011? It seems no one even knows this game it coming out on the 20th. It would be awesome to get the same deal as last year with f1 2010, where it was $44.99 on release. If its too late, a sale down the line would be awesome.

[quote name='atlantis']Copies of Warhammer and Dead Island aren't selling out (by some extraordinary demand), some of these stores just didn't order any in on launch day or they ordered in one or two copies only. It's really infuriating.[/QUOTE]
Dead Island is (very much outpacing the sales estimate), Warhammer is not.

Either way, not having it in stock sux without question. Every store received Dead Island however.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Josh, while your around will there be any deal for F1 2011? It seems no one even knows this game it coming out on the 20th. It would be awesome to get the same deal as last year with f1 2010, where it was $44.99 on release. If its too late, a sale down the line would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Nope, can't do it again. We sold less than 50 when it was on $44.99 and I bought 4500 (3-4 per store).....you can imagine the markdown liability.

[quote name='Joartrak']Would love to get my hands on Warhammer, any sales for it before the holiday josh?[/QUOTE]
THQ is pretty stingy but save $10 or $15's should occur October on.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dead Island is (very much outpacing the sales estimate), Warhammer is not.

Either way, not having it in stock sux without question. Every store received Dead Island however.[/QUOTE]
Not surprised Warhammer isn't selling as expected because it doesn't have the Gears of War name on it :lol:. I should not be laughing but it's true.

SHC-Gamer,

Any clue if you guys will be getting copies of MW3 Hardened Edition for 360? This might be more of a Stock-Boy question... I'm looking to grab a copy for my buddy, and I'd rather grab one at Kmart and get a gaming coupon than go to Best Buy or Gamestop and get meaningless points.

Thanks! You guys do an awesome job!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dead Island is (very much outpacing the sales estimate), Warhammer is not.

Either way, not having it in stock sux without question. Every store received Dead Island however.[/QUOTE]

I'll back this up, I was at many Gamestops and Best Buys in the last few days (flipping ps2 sports games f yeah) and almost all of them were sold out of Dead Island.

I don't think anybody predicted how much demand that game would have.

[quote name='Hiro0015']SHC-Gamer,

Any clue if you guys will be getting copies of MW3 Hardened Edition for 360? This might be more of a Stock-Boy question... I'm looking to grab a copy for my buddy, and I'd rather grab one at Kmart and get a gaming coupon than go to Best Buy or Gamestop and get meaningless points.

Thanks! You guys do an awesome job![/QUOTE]
Should be getting our allocations in the next week actually.

[quote name='jer7583']I'll back this up, I was at many Gamestops and Best Buys in the last few days (flipping ps2 sports games f yeah) and almost all of them were sold out of Dead Island.

I don't think anybody predicted how much demand that game would have.[/QUOTE]

I rolled into GS Tuesday morning at opening to get my DI LE and they were practically sold out of copies of the game for non-preorders.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortunately no, there will not be more. If you would like to purchase online I'll honor the purchase via gift card but I know it's not as good as using a coupon and getting a coupon. Only solution I have though right now. Thx.[/QUOTE]

Its out of stock online as well...Thanks though

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Should be getting our allocations in the next week actually.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they make more than last year as I know at the very least we will sell 3, just between me and some coworkers, and a probably bunch more especially if we have a midnight release. Last year we didn't get any hardened editions though so here's hoping!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nope, can't do it again. We sold less than 50 when it was on $44.99 and I bought 4500 (3-4 per store).....you can imagine the markdown liability.[/QUOTE]
That's rather sad. Codemasters may publish some mediocre games, but their racing sims have always been quite good. I guess Formula1 is a hard sell in the US since it's predominantly a European sport and we're a NASCAR nation. Heck, even Indy Racing is struggling for relevance, and that's a very US-centric open-wheel series.

And I have to ask, since I haven't yet seen a response (and I miss this thread's old levity): what did you think of Deus Ex? I know you were pretty excited for it. I've been struggling to find time to get invested in it, personally, but the intro was pretty good.

[quote name='advanced']I rolled into GS Tuesday morning at opening to get my DI LE and they were practically sold out of copies of the game for non-preorders.[/QUOTE]

bet the publisher is happy, its even sold out at newegg and amazon (unless u want to pay full-price + through 3rd party @ marketplace >.

Well Josh, I dunno who handled Dead Island, but they really screwed the pooch (saying this lightly). Unfortunately my money went to GS this time, who had it on-hand for me.

On the plus, I hope you have a killer Gears 3 deal, cause my gift card is still waiting to be used :)

What I wanna know is, why would people NOT think that an open-world zombie FPS game would elicit some decent demand? Or just zombie FPS, for that matter?

I just picked up a copy of :360:Dead Island each for my brother-in-law and myself. There were probably 8-10 copies when I got there. I was also at Gamestop right before that and they had some copies up behind the counter, though I don't know if those were for pre-orders. I guess I'm one of the fortunate few.

I've been wondering of l should jump on the starfox deal or wait for the game to be black friday'd ? I could spin off the gift card and get my girlfriend Mario galaxy with it. Does the star fox deal last through the week ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']I've been wondering of l should jump on the starfox deal or wait for the game to be black friday'd ? I could spin off the gift card and get my girlfriend Mario galaxy with it. Does the star fox deal last through the week ?[/QUOTE]Yes, the deal for Star Fox 64 3D lasts from tomorrow (9/9) to next Saturday (9/17), and the coupon won't go into effect until the Sunday after the deal ends (9/18).

[quote name='sTaTIx']What I wanna know is, why would people NOT think that an open-world zombie FPS game would elicit some decent demand? Or just zombie FPS, for that matter?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how it did for other retailers but I would imagine it was the same...but Dead Island sold almost 50% more in day 1 than Deus Ex did it's entire first week.

Pretty tought to forecast that, even Square didn't expect it to be that much bigger.

Hmm debating on going to pick up star fox tomorrow and chance it getting sold out or just wait till next week. :whistle2:k

Keep in mind I would be chancing the flooding, but apparently Hazleton is not too bad.

I found a PSP-2001PB console for $102.xx at my gamestop. I haven't seen one of these for a long time; if I remember correctly weren't they fairly popular because they were easy to mod/hack? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Also, after a quick glance at some other retailers I don't feel so bad for Josh. Almost everyone else was out of Dead Island (especially the 360 versions).

You dead island players should check out the analog combat mode.

Makes the game way more interesting, in my opinion.

[quote name='jer7583']You dead island players should check out the analog combat mode.

Makes the game way more interesting, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

Just picked up Dead island for the 360. Kmart in Lakewood,wa store 4467. They had one more for the 360, and 2 more for the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back