KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mel gibson']What if I buy battlefield today, then use that coupon on skyrim and mw3, then use th 50 coupon the week after on something? Is that doable?[/QUOTE]
Yep. You'd get the $20 coupon for BF3 through today, then get a $50 coupon if you buy Skyrim + MW3 on the 11th/12th. And yeah then the following week (starting the 13th) you could use the $50 coupon on something. I suggest Saints Row as one of them on the week of the 13th :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep. You'd get the $20 coupon for BF3 through today, then get a $50 coupon if you buy Skyrim + MW3 on the 11th/12th. And yeah then the following week (starting the 13th) you could use the $50 coupon on something. I suggest Saints Row as one of them on the week of the 13th :)[/QUOTE]

Or Assassins Creed

[quote name='ShockandAww']1. All that's been said about it is that it'll be revealed before MW3s release and that some of the titles in the deal include Skyrim, MW3, Saints Row, and AC:R

2. You'd only get two $15 coupons if you did it in separate transactions. It'd be nice if there was a way to set it up at least for Skyrim in that way though since it had to be retarded and release on a Friday.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Thanks for the info though. I want both MW3 and Skyrim at launch so I dont know what to do now.

[quote name='Kain']Sorry, I stand corrected. It was Batman that gave a $30 coupon, not Battlefield.

Because $15 off of a $60 game only brings the price down to $45. Whereas you can typically wait a month and you'll usually find the game on sale somewhere for $40. If the coupon doesn't at least knock off a third of the price, it's usually worth waiting a month to buy it on sale for a cheaper price. And the discount on the LIVE subscription and MS Points cards is just a kick in the face to us PS3 players who get absolutely nothing extra for our purchase.

$10 off of MGS? That's a pretty high profile series right there too. $10 off of that is just insulting.

Having issues with the way the deal works doesn't make a critique a whine. It's not that the deal doesn't fit exactly what I want. My issue is that last time around, Josh thought it through to allow people to use the cards to get over the two cents they needed. That was a "get out of jail card", for lack of a better term, and quite frankly, great planning on his part. So aside from those people who were whining that they'd have to buy a card at a 50% discount to get over the two cents, it pretty much solved everyone's problem. This time around, he thought ahead to lower the target price to $110, which was good to solve the problem people had the last time, but he removed the points cards from counting, leaving those of us who are two cents short without a "get out of jail card" and in quite a bind. Whether or not it was an oversight on his part or deliberate, trying to make the deal work better for people this time around has only made it work worse for some of us.[/QUOTE]

Let's face it, it is because it doesn't fit exactly what you want.

Fact is, you are in the minority. This deal was obviously customized to help those that wanted in on two of the biggest releases of the year. An HD remake collection (as nice as they are) doesn't hold a candle to MW3 and Skyrim as far as demand, and it's probably a good thing not to get MGS right away given the track record of how quick those collections go on sale. If you've waited this long might as well wait for Best Buy to have it at $24.99 by the end of the year.

Look, I'm not saying this deal is perfect. It doesn't benefit PS3 users as much and it forces people dying to play MW3 to have to wait 3 more days if they want in on the better deal (if they want Skyrim). But as you mentioned, Josh listened to the complaints from last time and lowered the threshold to work for 98% of us. I'm sure he can only pull so many strings and had it been the exact same as last time ($120 threshold w/cards counting) many more would be complaining (especially those weren't in on the deal last time).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok, you cant do that on Skyrims release week, you'd have to wait until that $50 in coupons activated (on the 13th). It may be good to do that though since then Skyrim will be in the buy X get X at a discount deal that week.[/QUOTE]

Is there proof skyrim will be included the week of the 13th?

Personally picking up:

MW 3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Halo Anniversary, MGS HD Coll

Didn't see anything on the clearance list, already have AC: Rev and Uncharted 3 paid off at lamestop, signature edition and coll editions. Really need to see the reveal for the week of the 13th to decide how to go about this, as well as the rumored buy 2 get 1 at best buy that week.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']III? You mean Morrowind? It was a great game for its time as well but Skyrim will be much better. I think you should give it a shot.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/120/1200474p1.html?fb_ref=.TpzKGoHVwig.like&fb_source=profile_multiline

How does that not seem amazing to you? You can do whatever you want or follow the main story. If you were to attempt to explore the FF4 world...well...you know how that would go.[/QUOTE]
Morrowind, yes.

Well, from those pics, it looks very...brown. One thing you gotta hand it to when it comes to JRPGs, is that they're very colorful.

But graphics aside, it's really the storyline that has to pull me in. In FF4, for example, you had stories of Betrayal (Kain turning on Cecil), Redemption (Due to stealing Mysidia's crystal for the Evil Empire of Baron,) Love (Cecil & Rosa & Kain, Edward & Anna & Tellah, Edge & Rydia), Loss of Loved Ones (Edward & Anna & Tellah, Rydia & her mom), Sacrifice (The Twins, Tellah), Soul-searching (Cecil & Kain)... It had everything needed to really pull you into the plight of the characters. Saving the world from Zeromus was just a McGuffin for taking you on the trip and experiencing everything else.

A lot of modern games try to have that overall cause with a lot of actiony sidequests, but don't elicit the same type of emotional attachment. Fallout 3, while great in it's own part, basically consisted of your character coming out of a vault, looking for his father, and then trying to get clean water out into the world. Which are all noble causes and certainly fit the world in which the game takes place. But I didn't feel any emotional connection to my own character or the ones around me. I had no reason to care whether that little kid running from the giant ants got eaten by an ant or not. But I felt bad when the Twins turned themselves into stone to stop the walls from crushing everyone in FF4.

Based solely on the plot synopsis at Wikipedia for Skyrim, I can't see it as having the same type of connection as FF4 would have. It sounds more like the Fallout 3 style of having a grand setting and problem that needs resolving but focusing less on the individual character interactions.

In regards to all the MAP talk of the COD games: last year I got a $20 gift card from walmart.com when I preordered Black Ops. From what I'm understanding here people are saying there were no deals/coupons on Black Ops during release. Am I correct or just misread what others have said?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Fact is, you are in the minority.[/QUOTE]
There's no telling whether I'm in the minority or not. I could just be the only one speaking up. There could be a lot more people who think this is flawed than those who think this is perfect, but happen to have better things to do on a Saturday than waste their time posting. Besides, even if I were in the minority, it doesn't mean I don't have valid points. Remember, Pythagoras was in the minority thousands of years ago when he said the world was round.

it forces people dying to play MW3 to have to wait 3 more days if they want in on the better deal.
Okay, this one I'm confused on. Why do they have to wait three days? What better deal?

[quote name='Kain']Morrowind, yes.

Well, from those pics, it looks very...brown. One thing you gotta hand it to when it comes to JRPGs, is that they're very colorful.

But graphics aside, it's really the storyline that has to pull me in. In FF4, for example, you had stories of Betrayal (Kain turning on Cecil), Redemption (Due to stealing Mysidia's crystal for the Evil Empire of Baron,) Love (Cecil & Rosa & Kain, Edward & Anna & Tellah, Edge & Rydia), Loss of Loved Ones (Edward & Anna & Tellah, Rydia & her mom), Sacrifice (The Twins, Tellah), Soul-searching (Cecil & Kain)... It had everything needed to really pull you into the plight of the characters. Saving the world from Zeromus was just a McGuffin for taking you on the trip and experiencing everything else.

A lot of modern games try to have that overall cause with a lot of actiony sidequests, but don't elicit the same type of emotional attachment. Fallout 3, while great in it's own part, basically consisted of your character coming out of a vault, looking for his father, and then trying to get clean water out into the world. Which are all noble causes and certainly fit the world in which the game takes place. But I didn't feel any emotional connection to my own character or the ones around me. I had no reason to care whether that little kid running from the giant ants got eaten by an ant or not. But I felt bad when the Twins turned themselves into stone to stop the walls from crushing everyone in FF4.

Based solely on the plot synopsis at Wikipedia for Skyrim, I can't see it as having the same type of connection as FF4 would have. It sounds more like the Fallout 3 style of having a grand setting and problem that needs resolving but focusing less on the individual character interactions.[/QUOTE]

Since I now have a better understanding of what you are looking for in a game, I would say you should bust open those Mass Effects and play them. Elder Scrolls probably isn't for you. But definitely play ME because the story is amazing and ME3 is coming in March.

[quote name='Kain']Sorry, I stand corrected. It was Batman that gave a $30 coupon, not Battlefield.

Because $15 off of a $60 game only brings the price down to $45. Whereas you can typically wait a month and you'll usually find the game on sale somewhere for $40. If the coupon doesn't at least knock off a third of the price, it's usually worth waiting a month to buy it on sale for a cheaper price. And the discount on the LIVE subscription and MS Points cards is just a kick in the face to us PS3 players who get absolutely nothing extra for our purchase.[/QUOTE]One question determines if Kmart is offering a good deal. Can you get the game for cheaper or with better terms somewhere else? In the case of COD the answer is that you can not. It may not meet your definition of a good deal, but it is the best deal you are going to get at this time.

[quote name='Kain']

Okay, this one I'm confused on. Why do they have to wait three days? What better deal?[/QUOTE]

To wait till Friday for Skyrim to get the $50

Too many people in this thread are fucking spoiled. I'm sure Josh is terribly sorry that he can't make specific deals for each person in this thread. He is, on the other hand, able to satisfy the extremely vocal majority.

And to the dude comparing himself to Pythagoras: seriously??? Thanks to Josh and crew there is almost always some sort of deal for all new releases, which is more than I can say for 99% of other retailers.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']To wait till Friday for Skyrim to get the $50[/QUOTE]Oh, okay. Didn't realize it came out on a different day.

[quote name='Kain']There's no telling whether I'm in the minority or not. I could just be the only one speaking up. There could be a lot more people who think this is flawed than those who think this is perfect, but happen to have better things to do on a Saturday than waste their time posting. Besides, even if I were in the minority, it doesn't mean I don't have valid points. Remember, Pythagoras was in the minority thousands of years ago when he said the world was round.

Okay, this one I'm confused on. Why do they have to wait three days? What better deal?[/QUOTE]

No you're not the only one. I am also slightly disappointed, the deal is just not for me. Looking to end the coupon train with SR3. Pick it up in January or February.

[quote name='Kain'] Remember, Pythagoras was in the minority thousands of years ago when he said the world was round.
[/QUOTE]

His belief was something that could be determined scientifically. You have an opinion.
You, sir, are no Pythagoras.

[quote name='Preedatore']In regards to all the MAP talk of the COD games: last year I got a $20 gift card from walmart.com when I preordered Black Ops. From what I'm understanding here people are saying there were no deals/coupons on Black Ops during release. Am I correct or just misread what others have said?[/QUOTE]

No, Black OPs had plenty of deals, with Kmarts being the best ($25 coupon + badge + discount on headset if I remember correctly). Its MW3 that Activision has gone crazy with all the restrictions.

[quote name='rawrker']No, Black OPs had plenty of deals, with Kmarts being the best ($25 coupon + badge + discount on headset if I remember correctly). Its MW3 that Activision has gone crazy with all the restrictions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarification.

[quote name='confoosious']His belief was something that could be determined scientifically. You have an opinion.
You, sir, are no Pythagoras.[/QUOTE]

Confucius says: He who compares himself to to Pythagoras over a Kmart deal had one too many blunts to smoke.

so... for a ps3 user, the best plan seems to be to wait to buy Uncharted 3 to the 6th, and pick it up with either MW3, Skyrim, or some clearance/sale items?

I so, so wish the Driver: SF sale was that week. I really want that. Not sold on either MW3 or Skyrim, though I guess I'd get MW3.

I have about $75 in coupons/sywr points. So ultimately, I'll be getting multiple games + $50 coupon for spending $45... so I have no reason to complain.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Too many people in this thread are fucking spoiled. I'm sure Josh is terribly sorry that he can't make specific deals for each person in this thread. He is, on the other hand, able to satisfy the extremely vocal majority.

And to the dude comparing himself to Pythagoras: seriously??? Thanks to Josh and crew there is almost always some sort of deal for all new releases, which is more than I can say for 99% of other retailers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']His belief was something that could be determined scientifically. You have an opinion.
You, sir, are no Pythagoras.[/QUOTE]

I never said I was Pythagoras, nor am I comparing myself to him, I'm merely using his situation as an example. Seriously, does nobody understand what an analogy is anymore? Look it up.

An in his time, confoosious, they DID scientifically prove the world was flat, using their own "scientific" method. The same way the Salem witch trials scientifically proved a woman was not a witch if she didn't float to the top of the water after having a giant weigh tied to her and tossed in a river (another analogy, btw.) And Pythagoras's theory of a round earth wasn't even considered an opinion, it was considered a sign of mental illness.

Look n4styn4t3, I totally appreciate Josh and all his deals. I've been a big supporter since he first arrived at CAG. But being supportive of Josh doesn't mean just brown-nosing him. He needs to hear critiques just as much as praise, and has, in fact, asked for it numerous times. Things cannot and will not get better if shortcomings are dismissed or ignored, even the slightest ones. George Bernard Shaw said it best, "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Why oh why are we going on with this?

Kain raised a decent point. Lowering the threshold to 110 works well for those buying the $59.99 releases that week, but it presents the original sale's problem when buying the new release that's $49.99. This is a valid criticism and not what I would call whining. The fact that there is no better deal on COD doesn't change that.

However...

Making reference to Pythagoras in relation to your situation here as an analogy IS comparing yourself to him. Sheesh. I wanted to tell people to lay off, but the more this goes on, the less I want to defend you. No offense.

Also...

If we're going to demand of people to discuss the merits of the RPGs from which their avatars were selected, I'm just going to hide away in this corner and wait for the storm to pass...

[quote name='DPsycho']Why oh why are we going on with this?

Kain raised a decent point. Lowering the threshold to 110 works well for those buying the $59.99 releases that week, but it presents the original sale's problem when buying the new release that's $49.99. This is a valid criticism and not what I would call whining. The fact that there is no better deal on COD doesn't change that.

However...

Making reference to Pythagoras in relation to your situation here as an analogy IS comparing yourself to him. Sheesh. I wanted to tell people to lay off, but the more this goes on, the less I want to defend you. No offense.

Also...

If we're going to demand of people to discuss the merits of the RPGs from which their avatars were selected, I'm just going to hide away in this corner and wait for the storm to pass...[/QUOTE]

A potentially easy way to solve the issue of being pennies below the threshold is to go to your Kmart and look at the Wii games and check the price drops. There should be at least one or two $2.99 titles in a bin somewhere. If not then it obviously won't work but paying an extra $3 to get $20 more in coupons is worth it.

A good one to look for is the AC/DC rock band track pack.

Because $15 off of a $60 game only brings the price down to $45. Whereas you can typically wait a month and you'll usually find the game on sale somewhere for $40. If the coupon doesn't at least knock off a third of the price, it's usually worth waiting a month to buy it on sale for a cheaper price. And the discount on the LIVE subscription and MS Points cards is just a kick in the face to us PS3 players who get absolutely nothing extra for our purchase.

$10 off of MGS? That's a pretty high profile series right there too. $10 off of that is just insulting.

Having issues with the way the deal works doesn't make a critique a whine. It's not that the deal doesn't fit exactly what I want. My issue is that last time around, Josh thought it through to allow people to use the cards to get over the two cents they needed. That was a "get out of jail card", for lack of a better term, and quite frankly, great planning on his part. So aside from those people who were whining that they'd have to buy a card at a 50% discount to get over the two cents, it pretty much solved everyone's problem. This time around, he thought ahead to lower the target price to $110, which was good to solve the problem people had the last time, but he removed the points cards from counting, leaving those of us who are two cents short without a "get out of jail card" and in quite a bind. Whether or not it was an oversight on his part or deliberate, trying to make the deal work better for people this time around has only made it work worse for some of us.[/QUOTE]

First of all, if you think MW3 will drop to $39.99 in a month....good luck. Activision is NOT going to drop the price on that game for quite some time. They don't need to. It will still sell 10+ million copies on each console. Secondly, the MGS collection is a high profile game? Get the hell out of here. If it was MGS 5, then yes that would be a high profile game. But the MGS collection is just a compilation of recycled old PS2 games. It is not high profile...especially when there are so many AAA releases this Fall. Most gamers are just going to overlook the MGS collection and play some other hot new AAA title.

And this is the real world. You can't please EVERYONE because it is impossible. So you just gotta deal with it, or shop somewhere else, quit frankly.

[quote name='Kain']I never said I was Pythagoras, nor am I comparing myself to him, I'm merely using his situation as an example. Seriously, does nobody understand what an analogy is anymore? Look it up.
[/QUOTE]

I know what an analogy is. I was just mocking your analogy as shite.

The "You, sir, are no pythagoras" was an allusion (look it up) to Dan Quayle.

[quote name='DPsycho']

[/QUOTE]

That's the way I saw it too.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep. You'd get the $20 coupon for BF3 through today, then get a $50 coupon if you buy Skyrim + MW3 on the 11th/12th. And yeah then the following week (starting the 13th) you could use the $50 coupon on something. I suggest Saints Row as one of them on the week of the 13th :)[/QUOTE]

This is my plan. I will be using the fitty on ACR/SR3. Hoping to pay about $29.98 + tax out of pocket for both. I envision a Buy ACR/get $40 off SR3 type of deal.

[quote name='confoosious']I know what an analogy is. I was just mocking your analogy as shite.

The "You, sir, are no pythagoras" was an allusion (look it up) to Dan Quayle.

That's the way I saw it too.[/QUOTE]

It is quite hilarious how you always try and pick fights with people in this thread and make smart-aleck remarks. Are you the K-Mart thread police? LOL

[quote name='DPsycho']Making reference to Pythagoras in relation to your situation here as an analogy IS comparing yourself to him. Sheesh. I wanted to tell people to lay off, but the more this goes on, the less I want to defend you. No offense.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it that way. If I said, "I'm a old, dead, Greek, philosophical mathematician just like Pythagoras" then I'd be comparing myself to him. I merely stated that just because a person is in the minority, whether it be me, you, or anyone else in the world, doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong. The fact that I listed Pythagoras as one example of someone who was in the minority and yet wasn't wrong doesn't imply at all that I am comparing myself to the person but rather using his situation as an example, especially considering I could have picked any person in a minority who wasn't wrong and made the exact same point.

[quote name='confoosious']The "You, sir, are no pythagoras" was an allusion (look it up) to Dan Quayle.[/QUOTE]

I know what an allusion is, I just didn't get the reference. Dan Quayle is, well, I'd completely forgotten he existed until you just mentioned him.

[quote name='EducAsian']First of all, if you think MW3 will drop to $39.99 in a month....good luck. Activision is NOT going to drop the price on that game for quite some time. They don't need to. It will still sell 10+ million copies on each console.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about a global price drop. I'm talking about a sale. The same way as how, according to the op, Dark Souls will be on sale at K-Mart next week for $39.99 after having been released a month ago. It's not because Dark Souls is not as high profile as CoD because we all know that after the first couple weeks pass and stores are allowed to put previously-restricted games on sale, they always put the high profile ones on sale as soon as they can. It has nothing to do with not being able to sell them at a higher price and everything to do with the fact that if they can get you into the store by lowering the price, you might buy another game at full price while you're in there.

Secondly, the MGS collection is a high profile game? Get the hell out of here. If it was MGS 5, then yes that would be a high profile game. But the MGS collection is just a compilation of recycled old PS2 games. It is not high profile...
So what if it's a remake? Metal Gear Solid is a high profile series. Which means they could put out a non-interactive disc called "Metal Gear Solid: Watch Snake Wipe His Butt" visual graphic novel and MGS fans will still buy it.
especially when there are so many AAA releases this Fall. Most gamers are just going to overlook the MGS collection and play some other hot new AAA title.
You make it sound like buying games is a this-or-that experience. Most gamers, myself included, will buy the MGS collection AND some of the other hot new AAA tiles.

[quote name='EducAsian']It is quite hilarious how you always try and pick fights with people in this thread and make smart-aleck remarks. Are you the K-Mart thread police? LOL[/QUOTE]
I don't think Confoosious picks fights. He just flames those who post dumb shit and troll this thread. I don't agree with everything he says but he provides more to this thread than most.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']I don't think Confoosious picks fights. He just flames those who post dumb shit and troll this thread. I don't agree with everything he says but he provides more to this thread than most.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Although I've been pretty quiet lately until mjoa/stickwhitesubstance/godknowwhonext started trolling.

I also find it highly ironic that this Educasian fellow was trying to pick a fight with me by accusing me of picking fights. And it's highly ironic that the guy trying to pick the fight is also the same guy who trolled the thread by telling people that he got a penny back from the manager a second time after we told him to stop telling people that it was possible to get a penny back when that's not how kmart coupons work. Not because we didn't believe him the first time but because that's not what people should expect. Troll is troll.

All this talk of buying AC:R and getting SR3 at a discount is making me nervous. If they do a list of games I really want the MGS collection and SR3 to be on it. Maybe Forza 4 and Ace Combat too.

no matter what you do, somebody's not gonna be happy. If that person is you, too bad.

I guess the $110 deal might not be for me either. I'm not getting MW3 and I'm getting the MGS limited edition from amazon. Skyrim isn't inclueded (why no mention of the game on the OP? no coupon or anything?) and if I was going to get Goldeneye Reloaded and Uncharted next week, the Target B2G1 would be an easier and better savings deal.

I was excited for the MW3 deal with the points card but watching the trailers for it, it REALLY looks like the same fucking game they released back in 2009. BF3 and Gears 3 are so much fun and really feel new to me, I'm not sure why I would get MW3 when it looks like it's the exact same game again.

I want that $20 off a $50 card but might as well save the $40 or so from buying a shitty game and supporting a shitty publisher/developer. Same with Goldeneye Reloaded. I was interested in it but it sucks that they are charging $60. $10 more for a year old HD port of a Wii game. Should have been released at $40 and it would have had a chance.

Last edited:
Is the buy game A get X amount off another going to include a specific game? For example does the initial game I have to buy be MW3, then I get x off on select other games?

Or is it more like buy 2 of these select games, get x amount off?

Because if theres a specific game you have to get I definitely want to get that game on that week and not before then.

I would assume that if you are required to buy a certain game it would be one of the new releases. New release deals are the focus of kmart.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is the buy game A get X amount off another going to include a specific game? For example does the initial game I have to buy be MW3, then I get x off on select other games?

Because if theres a specific game you have to get I definitely want to get that game on that week and not before then.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it's probably going to be more like the second scenario, but since he alluded to the fact that it's something they've never done before I can't recall if they've ever done that. I know they've done the first scenario before so that's why I'm hoping it's more like the second. I would imagine that he will reveal the deal prior to 11/6 so that everyone can plan accordingly to maximize their savings.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm thinking it's probably going to be more like the second scenario, but since he alluded to the fact that it's something they've never done before I can't recall if they've ever done that. I know they've done the first scenario before so that's why I'm hoping it's more like the second. I would imagine that he will reveal the deal prior to 11/6 so that everyone can plan accordingly to maximize their savings.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was just reading back and Stock Boy had basically already answered my question. It doesnt look like it'll be a specific title, and even if it is it's one that releases the 15th and not prior. So most likely it's just a select list of games that you pick 2 of.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is the buy game A get X amount off another going to include a specific game? For example does the initial game I have to buy be MW3, then I get x off on select other games?

Because if theres a specific game you have to get I definitely want to get that game on that week and not before then.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure anyone knows for sure yet. Until the deal is announced and the specifics are given, we can all speculate. I am looking to get ACR and SR3 though, so like I have said before, I am hoping for a deal in the nature buy ACR get $40 off SR3 or something close to that. Then I could use my $50 in coupons from MW3/Skyrim

[quote name='EducAsian']I'm not sure anyone knows for sure yet. Until the deal is announced and the specifics are given, we can all speculate. I am looking to get ACR and SR3 though, so like I have said before, I am hoping for a deal in the nature buy ACR get $40 off SR3 or something close to that. Then I could use my $50 in coupons from MW3/Skyrim[/QUOTE]
Highly doubt it will be $40 off. Maybe half off. And yeah that's probably what I'm getting too. SR3 for sure.

[quote name='DPsycho']
[/QUOTE]

He's not comparing himself to Pythagoras. He's comparing his situation to that of Pythagoras' situation, that being a situation in which a person in the minority was right when those in the majority claimed he was not. Another apt analogy would be that of Galileo or Copernicus' situations, two individuals who both believed in heliocentrism at a time when it was heresy to do so. We obviously know now that the Vatican (the majority) was wrong and Copernicus and Galileo (the minority) were right.

All that said, his opinion is his own, it is not invalid because others disagree with it, and his analogy was sound.

Back OT: I'll be grabbing Uncharted 3 and the Wireless Stereo Headset on 11/1/11 with my $30 coupon and flipping the Headset to score Uncharted 3 for $10 w/$20 coupon. Can't beat that.

[quote name='jer7583']no matter what you do, somebody's not gonna be happy. If that person is you, too bad.

I guess the $110 deal might not be for me either. I'm not getting MW3 and I'm getting the MGS limited edition from amazon. Skyrim isn't inclueded (why no mention of the game on the OP? no coupon or anything?) and if I was going to get Goldeneye Reloaded and Uncharted next week, the Target B2G1 would be an easier and better savings deal.

I was excited for the MW3 deal with the points card but watching the trailers for it, it REALLY looks like the same fucking game they released back in 2009. BF3 and Gears 3 are so much fun and really feel new to me, I'm not sure why I would get MW3 when it looks like it's the exact same game again.

I want that $20 off a $50 card but might as well save the $40 or so from buying a shitty game and supporting a shitty publisher/developer. Same with Goldeneye Reloaded. I was interested in it but it sucks that they are charging $60. $10 more for a year old HD port of a Wii game. Should have been released at $40 and it would have had a chance.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to get into a huge argument over this but I am not sure how/why you think MW3 looks like the same game from 2009 and BF3 is somehow this completely new game. BBC2 and BF3 are very close is play style and what not. Plus all they added was a new team deathmatch to the modes. It is still conquest and rush for the most part. Yes they added jets, yes they tweaked the classes, yes it is prettier and yes the movement is faster but if played BBC2 MP then BF3 does not play much different. Now with that said do I think MW3 will play much different than MW2? No..but that is not a bad thing either. COD games have always had good gameplay. Now if you played MW1 and MW2 (like me) then you actually WANT to play the SP part to see how they wrap up the story (yes there is one). Plus they have added a "horde mode" that looks awesome and is a completely separate leveling system in the game on top of more spec ops missions that were a blast. The MP has been retooled also. The new "strike packages" will change the way you play and the added "Kill Confirmed" mode should help with campers (not eliminate unfortunately). Add in the tweaks to Perks, individual leveling of your guns, and the new Prestige shop (that actually offers a reward to prestige) and MW3 may look like MW2 but it will NOT feel like MW2. It is like saying you wont play Uncharted 3 because it looks too much like Uncharted 2 or ANY of these 3rd generation games from this console period.

[quote name='jer7583']I was excited for the MW3 deal with the points card but watching the trailers for it, it REALLY looks like the same fucking game they released back in 2009. BF3 and Gears 3 are so much fun and really feel new to me, I'm not sure why I would get MW3 when it looks like it's the exact same game again.[/QUOTE]

Of course Call of Duty is more of the same. This is their "sports game franchise," so to speak, where they can spit out the same game every year and get people to buy them up. Why be innovative when you know people will buy it just because it's called Call of Duty? You could probably slap the Call of Duty name on games like Darkest of Days, Rogue Warrior, Hour of Victory and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and have them sell like crazy.

Activision tried the same thing with Guitar Hero and ended up killing it because they diluted the market, but shooters aren't going anywhere. It doesn't mean new Call of Duty games are bad, just not unique.

[quote name='Ardrid']He's not comparing himself to Pythagoras. He's comparing his situation to that of Pythagoras' situation, that being a situation in which a person in the minority was right when those in the majority claimed he was not. Another apt analogy would be that of Galileo or Copernicus' situations, two individuals who both believed in heliocentrism at a time when it was heresy to do so. We obviously know now that the Vatican (the majority) was wrong and Copernicus and Galileo (the minority) were right.

All that said, his opinion is his own, it is not invalid because others disagree with it, and his analogy was sound.

[/QUOTE]

I love how people really think comparing the plights of Scientists against Religious persecutions is somehow on the same level as this guy having a bad opinion of a deal one week at Kmart on video games. Have we really become this spoiled?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Of course Call of Duty is more of the same. This is their "sports game franchise," so to speak, where they can spit out the same game every year and get people to buy them up. Why be innovative when you know people will buy it just because it's called Call of Duty? You could probably slap the Call of Duty name on games like Darkest of Days, Rogue Warrior, Hour of Victory and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and have them sell like crazy.

Activision tried the same thing with Guitar Hero and ended up killing it because they diluted the market, but shooters aren't going anywhere. It doesn't mean new Call of Duty games are bad, just not unique.[/QUOTE]

Again if you think COD4 and COD8 are the same game then I cannot help that.

Also, I retort with how is BBC2 that much different than BF3? I love them all but to say BF3 is more "innovative" is wrong. Better graphics and destruction does not make it that much better a game than BBC2.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']This $10 lotr coupon is throwing me for a loop...really hate to waste it but want to hang on to my batman coupon for the 110 deal.[/QUOTE]
You could always get a points/PSN card with it. At least in that way you're getting something with the coupon.;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Again if you think COD4 and COD8 are the same game then I cannot help that.

Also, I retort with how is BBC2 that much different than BF3? I love them all but to say BF3 is more "innovative" is wrong. Better graphics and destruction does not make it that much better a game than BBC2.[/QUOTE]

When did I say anything about Battlefield 3? I'm not an unconditional Call of Duty gusher, just like I'm not a Madden gusher.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']When did I say anything about Battlefield 3? I'm not an unconditional Call of Duty gusher, just like I'm not a Madden gusher.[/QUOTE]

No but you directly said COD is not innovative. My comment on BF3 is that better graphics and added destruction is not innovative either if the game plays the same. Battlefield games play the same. COD games play the same. At least COD games have added other things to their games (like Spec Ops, Zombies, The ability to play with bots, Survival Mode, New game modes like one in the chamber and kill confirmed) to keep them fresh. I am just not sure what you want from the COD games that would be considered innovative? Everything I have listed was NOT in MW1 and some of it was not in MW2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could always get a points/PSN card with it. At least in that way you're getting something with the coupon.;)[/QUOTE]

Cant the coupon is only fot LoTR.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I love how people really think comparing the plights of Scientists against Religious persecutions is somehow on the same level as this guy having a bad opinion of a deal one week at Kmart on video games. Have we really become this spoiled?[/QUOTE]

lol...agreed.

[quote name='Kain']
I'm not talking about a global price drop. I'm talking about a sale. The same way as how, according to the op, Dark Souls will be on sale at K-Mart next week for $39.99 after having been released a month ago. It's not because Dark Souls is not as high profile as CoD because we all know that after the first couple weeks pass and stores are allowed to put previously-restricted games on sale, they always put the high profile ones on sale as soon as they can. It has nothing to do with not being able to sell them at a higher price and everything to do with the fact that if they can get you into the store by lowering the price, you might buy another game at full price while you're in there.

So what if it's a remake? Metal Gear Solid is a high profile series. Which means they could put out a non-interactive disc called "Metal Gear Solid: Watch Snake Wipe His Butt" visual graphic novel and MGS fans will still buy it.You make it sound like buying games is a this-or-that experience. Most gamers, myself included, will buy the MGS collection AND some of the other hot new AAA tiles.[/QUOTE]

There is still a limit to which stores can have a sale price on certain games, but COD is likely to still be selling well as the upcoming holiday season approaches. If there is a deal on it within the next month, it would probably be $49.99 like the deals Black Ops was getting for a while which isn't special.

MGS HD Collection does indeed come from a high profile AAA series, but it in itself is more of a bonus to the series than a significant title in itself. It will sell well for sure, but nothing compared to games like Skyrim, Zelda, BF3, COD etc. People have played the games in the collection already, and outside of a facelift there isn't anything special added on. Its the type of game people would like to have, but would not be in a rush to buy right away as there are a lot of new games that people want to play first. It is also very likely to drop fast in price, and get specials before Christmas. Not trying to hate on the game at all, as I plan on getting it down the road too, but the reality is that it'll be over shadowed by other games that people haven't already beaten before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back