KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you could get both a discounted Points card and Live card when you bought MW3. I just saw on facebook otherwise.

Josh Kokoll
I'm sorry that I'm still confused. So with the purchase of MW3 you can either get the points card discounted or the live card discounted, not both?
Like · · 17 hours ago ·

KmartGamer Correct
17 hours ago · Like
Josh Kokoll ok, thank you
17 hours ago · Like

This isn't cool if it is true.

[quote name='salty tbone']I'd be shocked if Kmart sold out of MW3. I'm hoping Skyrim is in the print ad just as evidence in case employees say "All this week's games were put out Tuesday."[/QUOTE]

Someone posted in the game deals section encouraging people to find their nearest Kmart and see if they're selling the game early. Then they state how people are making a huge profit off of selling the game early on Ebay. I have a bad feeling that your local resellers/hoarders might deplete Kmart's ususal slim stock of new releases and us SYWR members may be SOL come next week. I hate to be an alarmist but it would be great if Josh could reassure us that we'll be getting the deal still next week even if our local stores decided to sell the game early and run out of inventory.

It may behoove you to scout out your local Kmart today, and if MW3 is out on display, purchase it without using your SYWR number and do a return/rebuy next week.

Wait...so MW3 has sentry guns in multiplayer? I saw this in a video. Didnt know this was TF2. I usually hate COD games as after the the original ones I lost intetest but would like to at least try this one out.

The thought of giving activision any money makes me cringe however.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I thought you could get both a discounted Points card and Live card when you bought MW3. I just saw on facebook otherwise.

This isn't cool if it is true.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the double post but Best Buy just had 1 year XBox Live cards for $39.99 this past Monday as their daily deal.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Wait...so MW3 has sentry guns in multiplayer? I saw this in a video. Didnt know this was TF2.[/QUOTE]

There have been sentry guns in COD since at least MW2 I think. They are a kill streak reward.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']There have been sentry guns in COD since at least MW2 I think. They are a kill streak reward.[/QUOTE]

I know there arent really any vehicles compared to BF3 but how are the multiplayer maps? Typically pretty small?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Wait...so MW3 has sentry guns in multiplayer? I saw this in a video. Didnt know this was TF2. I usually hate COD games as after the the original ones I lost intetest but would like to at least try this one out.

The thought of giving activision any money makes me cringe however.[/QUOTE]

Are You being serious? I think since the original MW1, MW2, and BLOPs you can use sentry guns. In other news you can use guns to shoot people...what is this Doom? Quake? Everyone borrows, modifies and perfects. COD is no worse than other games.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I know there arent really any vehicles compared to BF3 but how are the multiplayer maps? Typically pretty small?[/QUOTE]

There are no vehicles at all in COD multiplayer, last one to have vehicles was COD3.
The maps are definitely smaller than Battlefield. COD is more of a run and gun type of shooter compared to Battlefield's slower team oriented style.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I know there arent really any vehicles compared to BF3 but how are the multiplayer maps? Typically pretty small?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the maps have grown a bit in MW3. They are supposed to be a lot more vertical as well. Not sure as I haven't played it. The new modes and changes look cool though. Am definitely giving it a shot.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']There are no vehicles at all in COD multiplayer, last one to have vehicles was COD3.
The maps are definitely smaller than Battlefield. COD is more of a run and gun type of shooter compared to Battlefield's slower team oriented style.[/QUOTE]
COD:World at war had tanks.

If Josh or Stockboy could answer, would like confirmation but for MW3 we cant get both Points card and a xbox live card?

I was going to get a xbox live card for my brother and a points card for me.

[quote name='spectre666']COD:World at war had tanks.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I knew it was one of the WWII games. I didn't play much of World at War so couldn't remember if they had them or not.

Well I won't be picking up MW3 at my local K-Mart. I arrived this morning after the rumor of them releasing early and there was a line in electronics of people buying them all out. Our K-Mart will have none in stock on opening day. Kind of ticked about this. Going to ruin the coupon deal at my store.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Well I won't be picking up MW3 at my local K-Mart. I arrived this morning after the rumor of them releasing early and there was a line in electronics of people buying them all out. Our K-Mart will have none in stock on opening day. Kind of ticked about this. Going to ruin the coupon deal at my store.[/QUOTE]

Wow this is likely to turn into a shitstorm.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']If Josh or Stockboy could answer, would like confirmation but for MW3 we cant get both Points card and a xbox live card?

I was going to get a xbox live card for my brother and a points card for me.[/QUOTE]

This would be good to know.

The response to this question on the blog last week said yes, but now there's a response on Facebook saying no.

I would have thought no all along to be honest, but both would be cool for those interested.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']There are no vehicles at all in COD multiplayer, last one to have vehicles was COD3.
The maps are definitely smaller than Battlefield. COD is more of a run and gun type of shooter compared to Battlefield's slower team oriented style.[/QUOTE]

World at War had tanks. Sorry didn't see the previous reply.

Over under 50% chance that Josh's voice is as hoarse as I was after Game 6 of the World Series from all the yelling he's doing today?

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Well I won't be picking up MW3 at my local K-Mart. I arrived this morning after the rumor of them releasing early and there was a line in electronics of people buying them all out. Our K-Mart will have none in stock on opening day. Kind of ticked about this. Going to ruin the coupon deal at my store.[/QUOTE]

Wow if they can't effectively communicate how NOT to sell these games early then it's no wonder that they pay no attention to anything else.

And how the hell are the registers not rejecting these?

I am going to be super pissed off if I show up to my K-Mart at 8 am tuesday and they have already sold out of the hardened editions my store is expected to get because they put it out early.

Well I am hoping since it says to put MW3 out immediately that it might actually be out on Tuesday now. My local store never gets anything out on time so I doubt they will have MW3 out yet. I am still going to stop by later and see if they do or not. This is going to be such a huge shit storm and I feel bad for Josh again.

Maybe Josh or Stockboy could comment on what happens when a store breaks street date release policy. I cannot fathom how some people are paying $200+ on ebay right now for an early copy of MW3. I guess ebay will be processing a lot of chargebacks.

Any chance of a possible rain check on the MW3 coupon deal at stores that sold out because of breaking street date? I know rainchecks aren't usually offered but this is a special case....

[quote name='nakanenui']Maybe Josh or Stockboy could comment on what happens when a store breaks street date release policy. I cannot fathom how some people are paying $200+ on ebay right now for an early copy of MW3. I guess ebay will be processing a lot of chargebacks.[/QUOTE]

As someone said earlier...some people have more money than brains.

[quote name='nakanenui']Maybe Josh or Stockboy could comment on what happens when a store breaks street date release policy. I cannot fathom how some people are paying $200+ on ebay right now for an early copy of MW3. I guess ebay will be processing a lot of chargebacks.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that an internal memo from the team just went out to all the stores to pull the games off the shelf. besides, some games have a orange sticker on the top spine of the case that says "do not sale before (date)". I hope call of duty has that.

I remember when I picked up uncharted and lord of the rings on Tuesday, that a customer was asking for call of duty modern warfare 3 and the lady that usually works there on release days told him it's not out till next week.... because I told her that I'll be back next week for it.

I only hope that she's smart enough not to put it out on the glass display.

My only beef with battlefield is the extreme lack of mic use. for a game that boasts a team oriented style of gameplay, why am I the only one with a mic on during every game session? on the other hand, It seemed like almost every room on MW2 had somebody with a mic. COD may have the "annoying kids" but at least you eventually find normal people on your team.

Swung by my Kmart this morning to see if I could snag an early copy of MW3, but there were no copies to be had. I was both disappointed and impressed at the same time.

Josh confirmed on Facebook that the SYWR site temporarily stopped emailing digital copies of coupons to everyone.

I hope that with all these stores running out of stock, they'll end up restocking for the 8th. Otherwise, I probably don't see myself buying anything during that time. Dang it.

[quote name='mackie619']My only beef with battlefield is the extreme lack of mic use. for a game that boasts a team oriented style of gameplay, why am I the only one with a mic on during every game session? on the other hand, It seemed like almost every room on MW2 had somebody with a mic. COD may have the "annoying kids" but at least you eventually find normal people on your team.[/QUOTE]
The highlighted reason is why I rarely use my headset anymore. I don't wanna have to listen to people blaring their music at eardrum shattering levels or lil pasty white brats from the suburbs using the N word or language that would make a drunken sailor blush every other word because they 'think it's so cool'.:roll:

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I've been to two K-Marts, all of them broke street date and sold out.[/QUOTE]
No store has sold out, they are incorrect. We have reached out to everyone reviewed the system and the game will not be sold today until next Tuesday. Issue has definitely had me up working on it for while.

THIS

[quote name='RySenkari']Any chance of a possible rain check on the MW3 coupon deal at stores that sold out because of breaking street date? I know rainchecks aren't usually offered but this is a special case....[/QUOTE]

I wanted to wait until 11/11/11 and pick up Skyrim, COD, Point cards, and get in on the fun,
EDIT: phew. Now my only worry is if COD will last until 11/11. That is 3 days after release. Hmmmm.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No store has sold out, they are incorrect. We have reached out to everyone and the game will not be sold. Issue has definitely had me up working on it for while.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh. I'm personally not purchasing this game but for all my fellow CAG's and Kmart gamers who are, I was worried that they'd be disappointed since your store is offering the best deal by far for this on release day. :applause:

I know some other people on here have already done this but I want to do it too.

Josh...I wanted to say thanks for the work you do in putting these deals together. You are saving me some serious cash and, honestly, have given me a reason to go back to my local K-Mart. Used to have two stores in my area but one closed several years ago and the one that is still open does well enough to stay open.

I know I hear a bunch of people whining (not on here specifically...just in general) about the price of games being higher than they used to (since going to 60 bucks) but if you look around and hit these K-Mart specials you can usually get games CHEAPER this generation than previous generations of consoles.

Anywho...thanks man. Keep up the good work.

Hey Josh was wondering if you could answer my question about buying MW3: will i be able to get both a xbox live card and a 4000 point card at the discounted price?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No store has sold out, they are incorrect. We have reached out to everyone reviewed the system and the game will not be sold today until next Tuesday. Issue has definitely had me up working on it for while.[/QUOTE]

Even though I thanked you via email, I want to publicly thank you once again for resolving my issue. I'm saddened you now have this Modern Warfare 3 problem and I hope you guys don't get in trouble over it. It's a shame how a small error on the store side can lead to a big mess.

My only hope is that all those people trying to get it early see all the great deals you have going on Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls to name a few, and get those instead.

Hope you come out on top! Even though I've had issues at the actual stores, you guys here are the best!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh was wondering if you could answer my question about buying MW3: will i be able to get both a xbox live card and a 4000 point card at the discounted price?[/QUOTE]

No, one or the other. The first page describes.

:360: Buy Modern Warfare 3, get 1 of these offers in the same purchase:
* Xbox Live Gold 12-month card for $39.99.
or
* Xbox Live 4000 Microsoft Point card for $29.99.
Kmart will not have the PC version available for sale. There will be a very limited stock of Hardened editions, either 1 or none per store. source

I hope to buy next week MW, Point card, and Skyrim and receive the point card for 29.99 and $50 gift receipts

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I thought you could get both a discounted Points card and Live card when you bought MW3. I just saw on facebook otherwise.

This isn't cool if it is true.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh was wondering if you could answer my question about buying MW3: will i be able to get both a xbox live card and a 4000 point card at the discounted price?[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='Bosamba']:cry:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cardsharkrob']Ok thanks. Must of just been changed because i looked at it little bit ago and it never mentioned the 1 part[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Yeah, that would have been sweet huh! I am just praying my local k has stock on the friday after release

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The highlighted reason is why I rarely use my headset anymore. I don't wanna have to listen to people blaring their music at eardrum shattering levels or lil pasty white brats from the suburbs using the N word or language that would make a drunken sailor blush every other word because they 'think it's so cool'.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Party chat. Play with friends.

[quote name='mackie619']My only beef with battlefield is the extreme lack of mic use. for a game that boasts a team oriented style of gameplay, why am I the only one with a mic on during every game session? on the other hand, It seemed like almost every room on MW2 had somebody with a mic. COD may have the "annoying kids" but at least you eventually find normal people on your team.[/QUOTE]

If I'm playing with my normal crew we all have mics and would communicate to each other whos responsible for what. Other than that I would hear the usual ohhhh, owwww, and WTF? Guess it's better than listening to those brats in MW.

Agree on the bf3 part. Only 1 time have I had a squad member use his mic and that was in the beta. Amazingly, the two of us were able to lock down one side of the subway just by communicating. Go figure. Even something as simple as "loading" can make a huge difference in a firefight. I'm enjoying bf3 a lot, but it still mainly feels like 12 lone wolves loosely affiliated instead of a team effort.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No store has sold out, they are incorrect. We have reached out to everyone reviewed the system and the game will not be sold today until next Tuesday. Issue has definitely had me up working on it for while.[/QUOTE]

That's good, makes me feel better. I know that some were sold at a local store for certain. Maybe saying "sold out" was their way of getting people to go away.

[quote name='crunchewy']Party chat. Play with friends.[/QUOTE]
No such thing on PS3. Although more than a couple of my friends on PSN have the game, but they mostly play Rush while I would rather either playing co-op or I believe it's called Conquest(mode where you can use vehicles like tanks n such).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No such thing on PS3. Although more than a couple of my friends on PSN have the game, but they mostly play Rush while I would rather either playing co-op or I believe it's called Conquest(mode where you can use vehicles like tanks n such).[/QUOTE]

You can use vehicles in rush mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back