KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called my closest Kmart (#9623) and they only got the new X-Men title in stock. I have been purchasing all of my recent new releases from Kmart and this is the first time they failed to get titles in stock. I was hoping to pick up the ICO/Shadow of Colossus Collection but no luck. I have sent a message to Stockboy hoping he can help. I have a feeling this title is going to be difficult to find in stores.

[quote name='ps2emotions']How long is the $15 coupon good for with ico/shadow of the colossus?[/QUOTE]

if purchased between today and 10/1 the coupon is valid from 10/2 to 11/12

Picked up Ico/SOTC today. No problems except the coupon from last weeks purchase not working properly (THIRD trip in a row with this). I noticed they had no copies of X-Men for PS3 though--dude said they never came in? Although this employee looked new...never seen him before.

He also smelled like shit.

[quote name='boogie4114']Just picked up the Ico Collection at the Penn Station Kmart. Seems like stock is gonna be low because it seemed like there were only 5 copies total as they didn't have a stack of them pushed to the back of the case. Coupon printed fine. I saw x-men displayed but not FIFA 12 but the guy had boxes out so maybe he was taking them out.[/QUOTE]
I'm fighting the good fight internally, but just to be 100% transparent I see this being an issue across many of the non AAA releases. I don't agree with it but all I can say is that if your store is consistently running out the best way for that to be fixed is to to let us know asap via email to be give me more ammo.

Got a copy of ICO Collection at the Kearney location in Springfield, MO. Was gonna wait for a price drop but had to use my coupon from Star Fox. Coupon printed fine & they had one copy left.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm fighting the good fight internally, but just to be 100% transparent I see this being an issue across many of the non AAA releases. I don't agree with it but all I can say is that if your store is consistently running out the best way for that to be fixed is to to let us know asap via email to be give me more ammo.[/QUOTE]
I will send you an email Josh. The amount of copies of all titles recently has been poor. 0-3 copies. This includes Dead Island, Gunstringer, Star Fox, Ico/Shadow, Resistance3, Rise of Nightmares (i think you mentioned kmart would not be selling at all?). Gears was not out last week and I didn't ask but it looked like there was only a few copies in the box. Scary stuff. Lucky for me I got in on Gears, but the rest due to stock/no deal had to go amazon. :(

Now that I am on the coupon train again with Gears I am hoping to stay on it! Rage will probably be next. Skyrim is a MUST buy for me. So I am asking well in advance. Can you pretty please with sugar on top hook up a kick ass deal on skyrim? Perhaps a coupon and a little extra? 50% off MS points would be sweet. I have to say, and I am sorry in advance, but the Map through amazon is kinda cool.

Went back to the K-Mart (Anderson, IN), they still didn't have ICO/Shadow, they looked around in the back but it wasn't there. I had to get it somewhere else (it's for my dad's birthday, so I had to have it today), I guess I'll just use my Starfox coupon on Layton.

PLEASE make sure they have Layton in on release day, I don't want to have to make two trips, too much gas for cheapass me >_

Went to the K-Mart in Niagara Falls, NY today this morning 8:00AM to pick up ICO/Shadow of the Colossus. Even had the the guy looking at the ad to make sure he knew what the hell I was talking about. Some 70 year old who had no clue what was going on. He went to the back to get some stuff and brought up a box that had do not stock until 9/30. Should I have had him open that to check? This is not good Customer Service. The ad specifically states "IN STORES TUESDAY" and it was not there, neither was Fifa 12 or X-men Destiny. Someone higher up needs to call this store to get their fricken act together.

Anyone ever have any luck in general buying games at any KMart in the Northern VA / Fairfax County area? Would like to try and find SotC/ICO, but unless things have changed at the Kmarts in my area in the past few years, my hopes aren't high. They mostly looked liked bombed out salvation army stores, and trying to find someone working there that speaks english is nearly impossible. That said, it's been a few years since I've even set foot in one, so if someone has a positive recommendation, I'm willing to give it another try.

My nearest store, didn't have any stock of FIFA 12 come in, but they had just one copy of X-Men Destiny... They apparently also had quite a few Cabela's Big Game Hunter come in though. I'm quite dissappointed but oh well, thanks anyways Josh and keep up the good work.

Any chance that Kmart will carry copies of Rage for the PC and will the coupon be valid for that version? I know the original post only has PS3/Xbox360 listed but figured I'd throw this question out there so I know whether to pre order on Amazon because their pc version includes a coupon.

Went to get the Tiger Woods bundle but it appears someone already got it before me. Oh well, I might still order it online at k-mart.com. Hope shipping isn't too bad.

Got my Ico/SotC this morning for $20. Luckily no one else got there to get it before me. Only two copies were shipped to the store.

Thanks Josh! Imy

[quote name='Musichead13']Any chance that Kmart will carry copies of Rage for the PC and will the coupon be valid for that version? I know the original post only has PS3/Xbox360 listed but figured I'd throw this question out there so I know whether to pre order on Amazon because their pc version includes a coupon.[/QUOTE]

PC-gaming is generally considered dead re: multiplat titles. PC gaming has become a niche platform for MMO's, RTS, and MOBA games only. So, likely no. Get with the times and get a console.

Raised Spiderman to $20 - Worked it out with Activision. Expect similar low stock per store like Xmen though.

[quote name='atlantis']PC-gaming is generally considered dead re: multiplat titles. PC gaming has become a niche platform for MMO's, RTS, and MOBA games only. So, likely no. Get with the times and get a console.[/QUOTE]
Digital PC is fairly strong IMO. Physical PC goods though are really starting to take a pounding though.

Got Ico/SotC Collection today...eventually. Had to talk with a customer service counter employee who was nice enough but knew nothing about video games and didn't understand the title of the game, but evenutally the electronics guy who I have dealt with before got the game out of the back for me. All the other new releases were out, just got unlucky I guess.

I ended up checking out at the front of the store rather than in electronics and the cashier stared at the $15 coupon I got from Star Fox for a good minute before she started even trying to scan it. It just absolutely mystifies me how Kmart employees still don't know what this stuff is after all this time. The total time in the store ended up being over half an hour. I got what I came for but I'm not really looking forward to my next trip to use the new coupon.

My local store said they got no copies of Ico/SotC. Looks like I am not the only person with this dilemma.

[quote name='Jav0r']Does the $20 coupon stack with the Birthday coupons? $5 OFF your order of $45 off or more. Funny thing is I got one from Sears and its $10 OFF your order of $30 off or more.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know what I find out about birthday coupons tonight. Gonna try the Kmart one on Ico/Colossus with my rewards points and the Sears one says that it doesn't apply to electronics but we'll see if video games count.

[quote name='greydt']No Ico at the 34th st store in NYC yet - it seems like a regular occurrence that they get their new releases 1-2 days late.[/QUOTE]

1 page back someone mention that the 34th street store only got a hand full something like 4-5 copies of Ico collections. Does anyone know if the one by nyu 8th avenue has any Ico collection copies left? i have 2 coupons that will expire soon and its now been 3 weeks where i haven't been able to find a game i want either because its not in yet or they sold out on Tuesday morning.

I was able to snag a copy of the Ico/SotC collection at my store, the normal electronics guy that was there said that they only got 2 copies of the game in.

Looks like if you want to get in on any Kmart deals for non AAA games you are going to need to head to the store early to pick it up.

Josh - My next purchase is going to be Batman, any idea on how stock is going to be on that one?

Despite having numerous issues with them in the past, I had no hassle with picking up Ico/SoTC at my local K-Mart. Either Josh got to them or they finally got their act together. Thanks, Josh.

No luck with Ico/SoC at my k-mart. First time I'm leaving empty handed on release day in a while, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later with the smaller order sizes that have been in effect. No big deal since I got enough games on my plate at the moment to carry me over to a sale/price drop. They did have 2 copies of X-men for each platform for what it's worth.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm fighting the good fight internally, but just to be 100% transparent I see this being an issue across many of the non AAA releases. I don't agree with it but all I can say is that if your store is consistently running out the best way for that to be fixed is to to let us know asap via email to be give me more ammo.[/QUOTE]

Or just let them read this thread. I think just an increase of 1 or 2 games would be huge for some stores. If CAG's cant even get a game, then your regular Joe off the street cant either. One look at a Kmart game section and you can understand why they dont want to stock a bunch, but arent most of those games from before your success here? If I see games that came out in the past 6 months, its only usually a copy or 2. Unless Kmart doesnt really want to be a player in the video game business, you have to have some stock, right?

I experienced what others are saying about low stock. The woman in electronics hadn't brought out the new releases when I got there. She went in the back and brought back five games: one Ico, two Fifas (one each platform) and two Xmen (one each). She said those were the only copies they received. Pretty amazing since those were all in the circular.

[quote name='sinned47']Is the sku for ico/shadow 1972853? I'm probably going to do sku checks when I call in.[/QUOTE]

My receipt just has the UPC, which is 711719825920 (it's missing the last 0 on the receipt).

Stockboy

I checked 3 stores by me & all 3 did not have it. I'm not sure if they got it. Can you please check if these stores got them & still have, if you can please:

Kmart #4313 (York Pa) - Went early in the morning & the new girl checked in the back & told me they did not have them
Kmart #3167 (Baltimore MD) - Same story

So I happened to be by the Annandale, VA store running a couple errands, and decided to wander in. Shockingly, they had SotC/ICO and the clerk in the electronics section who looked old enough to be my grandma was able to find it for me when I didn't see it initially in the case.

If anyone is interested, they had at least 1, (maybe 2...didn't look super carefully) copies left. They were in with the older ps3 games in the bottom row of the locked display case. Amongst the games with only the case spines showing - not with "newer" stuff above that had the covers facing outwards.

[quote name='joshdts']Or just let them read this thread. I think just an increase of 1 or 2 games would be huge for some stores. If CAG's cant even get a game, then your regular Joe off the street cant either[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with everything you wrote -- Josh has worked his ass off to make K-Mart a video games competitor and he is undermined every single step of the way by corporate. All the goodwill he has accumulated for K-Mart is just thrown away by decisions made by out of touch execs.

Honestly, I'd love for Josh to work for a company that supports what he is doing and backs him up 100%. The man has some killer, killer ideas that I'd love to see implemented on a better scale that what is going on at K-Mart.

I would wager that if he ever came in here and posted "Last day at K-Mart, starting at xxxx soon" that everyone in this thread would jump ship immediately to wherever he want. I sure would.

Keep up the good work Josh, its a shame you are still struggling with this company after, what, almost two years of working there already? You definitely deserve better.

Team Ico collection for $20 plus tax, yessir! There was a little trouble finding the game, it was behind the counter in a box under some chip bags with other empty boxes that I thought were garbage, but everything else was easy.

I'll be in the dining car until the train stops for Batman: Arkham City.

Located in NYC area and couldn't find any Team Ico collection in stock in manhattan. Is there any way you could get kmart to list it on website and allow us to get in on deal?

Got the last one at my store. Glad I stopped by there today. Guy said they only got two.

It's really too bad that kmart isn't stocking much on anything that isn't an uber huge release, but I guess they must have sat on too much stock last year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm fighting the good fight internally, but just to be 100% transparent I see this being an issue across many of the non AAA releases. I don't agree with it but all I can say is that if your store is consistently running out the best way for that to be fixed is to to let us know asap via email to be give me more ammo.[/QUOTE] Will be sending some ammo tonight. Thanks for fighting for us! I hope upstairs realize that they are missing out on sales and that not having enough stock is hurting consumer confidence in Kmart. Sure they may sell every copy by halving the shipment, but would they rather my first stop be Best Buy or Target instead? I'm sure the influx has to do with the awesome deals that you get us Josh. No other place had a deal with the Ico Collection.

[quote name='greydt']No Ico at the 34th st store in NYC yet - it seems like a regular occurrence that they get their new releases 1-2 days late.[/QUOTE] They sold out by 9am when I when there. Astor was pretty much clueless as to what game I was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I went to the Berwick PA store bright and early at about 10am today and went back to electronics to see the always freaking awesome Gail on top of things. This woman deserves a raise for how on the ball she is. She saw me and immediately knew I was there for games.
Got Shadow/ICO as well as a spur of the moment purchase of X-Men Destiny. Deciding to leave X-Men sealed for now as I'm hearing a lot of early negative rumblings on the game and not sure I wanna open it up and confirm my purchase just yet... Reports of a 5-6 hour story? Really? Really wish I paid attention to that "Activision" logo on the cover before taking it to the counter.
Got both the $15 and $20 coupons which are gonna be awesome for RAGE in a week.
Then we went to the grocery store to Coinstar some change and got $5 more than expected to go towards an Amazon gift certificate to help pay off Lion King Trilogy box set at Amazon.
Then we picked up two scratch off tickets for $3 and won $9 and used that money to buy ourselves some steak for dinner.
Then I came home and got the email I've been waiting for confirming that I can cancel Forza 4 at GameStop.
And now I just woke up from a 3 hour nap.

It's been a pretty good day!

Glad I got there early, they only received one game today and it was the copy of Ico/SoTC that I bought. These low stock situations are starting to sour me, think I might jump off the train after Batman and Skyrim.

Stopped by at the Kmart in Harrison, OH #7644 after work and no luck finding the ICO Collection. I even had them check in the back, but he couldn't find it, they hadn't even heard of it. I'm stuck having to call around if I even want to bother.

The stock issues are really disappointing, sales mean nothing if you can't buy it. At least this makes my decision easy on whether to cancel my Amazon preorder of Dark Souls. The chance of possibly getting the game cheaper isn't worth canceling the collector's edition. I guess I'll wait till there is some kind of preorder system in place before I start shopping at K-mart again for video games.

Josh, I have a question about the gaming coupons...

I saw it mentioned that you could use the coupons toward PSN/XBL points cards, but... Are the prices strict to the penny?

For example, could I use a $20 coupon to get a $19.99 Microsoft Points (1600) card?

I'm going to be buying a chain of games this fall but I'm not sure what to use the last coupon on... I would get Catherine but you guys don't seem to stock it.

Thanks!

[quote name='nuiker']Stopped by at the Kmart in Harrison, OH #7644 after work and no luck finding the ICO Collection. I even had them check in the back, but he couldn't find it, they hadn't even heard of it. I'm stuck having to call around if I even want to bother.

The stock issues are really disappointing, sales mean nothing if you can't buy it. At least this makes my decision easy on whether to cancel my Amazon preorder of Dark Souls. The chance of possibly getting the game cheaper isn't worth canceling the collector's edition. I guess I'll wait till there is some kind of preorder system in place before I start shopping at K-mart again for video games.[/QUOTE]

That always worries me too, but I seem to get lucky every time (well, at least with new releases). I just snagged Ico/SotC after work. There were none in the case, but I found 2 copies on the shelf... not sure how many they got in (since no one ever works in that department). That worked for me though since I could just take it up to the front counter to purchase, instead of waiting around for someone.

I kept my Amazon pre-order for Dark Souls, but I'm still gonna [try to] pick it up at Kmart next week. I figure I can either return the CE to Amazon, or sell it later and make a profit. I don't care about the extras all that much.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Josh, I have a question about the gaming coupons...

I saw it mentioned that you could use the coupons toward PSN/XBL points cards, but... Are the prices strict to the penny?

For example, could I use a $20 coupon to get a $19.99 Microsoft Points (1600) card?

I'm going to be buying a chain of games this fall but I'm not sure what to use the last coupon on... I would get Catherine but you guys don't seem to stock it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You'd have to buy 2 1600 points cards to get it to work. The penny does matter to the system.

[quote name='Musichead13']Any chance that Kmart will carry copies of Rage for the PC and will the coupon be valid for that version? I know the original post only has PS3/Xbox360 listed but figured I'd throw this question out there so I know whether to pre order on Amazon because their pc version includes a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Stock Boy said the other day that the only PC games they will be carrying are ones that are PC only like Diablo 3, Old Republic, etc. Sucks I know since there is no way I'm playing something like Rage or Skyrim on 5-year-old consoles when I just upgraded my PC in May.

[quote name='spree4567']You'd have to buy 2 1600 points cards to get it to work. The penny does matter to the system.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... lame... :(

Well then... are there any $1 items I could add to my purchase? lol...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Went to get the Tiger Woods bundle but it appears someone already got it before me. Oh well, I might still order it online at k-mart.com. Hope shipping isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

tiger woods bundle is on sale? how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back