KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Moves Sport Champion bundle is really tempting... does anyone know if you can put the Eyetoy or whatever it's called anywhere in the house? Like... how the Wii sensor is or does it have to be like in a set place?

$50 is a good deal for it, no?

Saw a few people asking about PC. Kmart will not be carrying the PC version of any release where the primary version is PS3 and 360. If it is something like Star Wars Old Republic or Diablo we'll carry it.

It's really tough to sell PC (at least at Kmart). For example, if we were going to sell 100,000 of Modern Warfare 3 on 360 we would only sell about 1000 on PC. That being said, we will have some hot sales on past PC titles this holiday.

Just a heads up guys. DO NOT buy Dark Souls. It's a really hard game, and we need to send a clear message to producers that a majority of gamers want accessible games.

It was reviewed in Japan and even their own countrymen thought it was too hard and lowere the score.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']wait, the tiger woods* move bundle is 50 in stores as well???[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's not in all stores though so it's possible your store may not have the Tiger Woods bundle.

[quote name='atlantis']Just a heads up guys. DO NOT buy Dark Souls. It's a really hard game, and we need to send a clear message to producers that a majority of gamers want accessible games.

It was reviewed in Japan and even their own countrymen thought it was too hard and lowere the score.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm...Not sure if serious

[quote name='LazyTriangle']does the $20 gaming coupon on Rage also apply to the PC version (Kmart does sell pc games correct?)[/QUOTE]You just had to look up a few posts...

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Saw a few people asking about PC. Kmart will not be carrying the PC version of any release where the primary version is PS3 and 360. If it is something like Star Wars Old Republic or Diablo we'll carry it.

It's really tough to sell PC (at least at Kmart). For example, if we were going to sell 100,000 of Modern Warfare 3 on 360 we would only sell about 1000 on PC. That being said, we will have some hot sales on past PC titles this holiday.[/QUOTE]Based on that, I don't think Kmart will be carrying the PC version of RAGE.

[quote name='Vigilante']You just had to look up a few posts...

Based on that, I don't think Kmart will be carrying the PC version of RAGE.[/QUOTE]

once again, i endorse the idea that josh use Gold or special colored text, or has a special KMart avatar that blinks or draw attention to his posts.

[quote name='Vigilante']You just had to look up a few posts...[/QUOTE]

yeah I totally missed that, I'm such a noob sometimes.... I was hoping to use the $15 coupon from Ico/SotC towards Rage but I guess I'll have to use it on something else, oh well time to pre-order from Amazon

So they won't be any gaming coupons for the PC versions of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim either?

I don't know, Rage's primary platform would probably be the PC, wouldn't it? It's an id game, after all. It's hard to think of them as anything but a premier PC developer, given their track record.

Considering the ICO/Shadow Collection deal. I have ICO sealed in my backlog and have Shadow half way done for my PS2.

Probably use that coupon on Dark Souls, still debating if I should get the collector's edition for the same price. I really wish Kmart would have gotten the collector's edition, even if it was in limited quantities.

Theres an article on kotaku about From Software putting unkillable god-like phantoms in Dark Souls . To punish the people who broke the street date . Thats pretty funny . Also cant wait to see the upcoming deal for Batman :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Theres an article on kotaku about From Software putting unkillable god-like phantoms in Dark Souls . To punish the people who broke the street date . Thats pretty funny . Also cant wait to see the upcoming deal for Batman :)[/QUOTE]

Yea I read this too, Can't wait to play this game. Kmart has my business for this just because of all the awesome deals they are constantly doing.... but it would've been nice if they would've gotten a few of the CEs in or have a system for us to pre order, even if there are some sort of restrictions on when we can pre order.

Any chance kmart will ever get a pre-order system? I'm tired of gamestop trying to scam people into buying stuff at their store. They portray every pre-order bonus or even limited edition bonus as something that can only be obtained at their store.

[quote name='atlantis']Just a heads up guys. DO NOT buy Dark Souls. It's a really hard game, and we need to send a clear message to producers that a majority of gamers want accessible games.

It was reviewed in Japan and even their own countrymen thought it was too hard and lowere the score.[/QUOTE]
Obviously trolling but I do wish there was an easy mode both for me and people that actually aren't buying it because of the difficulty. I don't understand not including it at all when it would increase sales by a good amount.

[quote name='Yolky']Does this mean I can get any coupon for the weekly deals if the game is out stock? (ie. could have rain checked/put money down for R3 and get the $20 coupon?)[/QUOTE]

No, the headset deal could be rain checked because it was a special price. Rain checks don't work with other offers.

You could try working something out with a manager and see if they would make an agreement to give you a gift card or something with a future purchase, but they do not have to do anything of the sort. Might not hurt to ask, though.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Any chance kmart will ever get a pre-order system?[/QUOTE]

This is something Josh has stated he's working to get done through the website revamp. However, there have been recent setbacks that caused him to discover that he was all out of bubblegum. We're going to have to keep waiting for now.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']yeah I totally missed that, I'm such a noob sometimes.... I was hoping to use the $15 coupon from Ico/SotC towards Rage but I guess I'll have to use it on something else, oh well time to pre-order from Amazon

So they won't be any gaming coupons for the PC versions of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim either?[/QUOTE]

Just purchase the 360/PS3 version, leave it unopened, and sell it for a slight loss online...You'll still come out ahead when you purchase the PC version elsewhere. That's my plan.

Trololo.

Cry much? There's a stark difference between "difficult", and "boring". If a game's terribly difficult, that's perfectly acceptable......terribly boring; however, no thanks.

@SHC Stock Boy
i hope you can do me a favor and make sure there are enough copies of ico and shadow collection at big kmart #4474.
i picked up resistance 3 on release day and there were only 4 copies shipped to the store according to the workers and i got the last copy. i get off late on tuesday now so im worried about not getting a copy this coming week.
thanks a lot.

Just wanted to share a positive story, after my bellyaching in the other thread.

On Friday, I had bought a set of dishes at my local Kmart (#3405). When I got home, I discovered that a few of the cups and dishes in the set were broken. I took the set back to Kmart and while at the service counter, I mentioned to the manager that they were out of 12 month Live cards killing the deal they had for Gears. He took my name and phone number down and told me he'd try and get me a card from another store.

Sure enough, he called me yesterday morning and told me they'd have the card there for me after 1pm. I stopped at the service desk, the woman working told me to go to the Electronics department and speak with an employee named Latecia. I've dealt with Latecia before and she's always been great. I went to the back and she had my card, I bought Gears 3 and the card, got my $20 coupon and told her I'd be back on Tuesday for another game.

This manager -- unfortunately, his name escapes me at the moment -- really stepped up and I appreciate it.

[quote name='thehoweller']Trololo.

Cry much? There's a stark difference between "difficult", and "boring". If a game's terribly difficult, that's perfectly acceptable......terribly boring; however, no thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why am I branded as a troll? I've bought and played virtually every RPG of this generation and many of the underdog JRPGS. I love this genre but I can't justify it as a busy 26 year old.

I am too old to play through insanely frusterating game-modes such as CoD on Veteran and Halo on Legendary. Most games have an accessible "easy" mode, no reason this developer should be lazy and be rewarded for it at the same time.

They've just lost a serious costumer. I urge you all to do the same.

I highly disagree. I can't play most modern shooters nowadays because becoming "more accessible" has meant it made the game dumbed down to the point where it lost all strategy. It's good to see a developer actually make a game for people who want a challenge, instead of making it "accessible" but also making it bland as hell because people can't get how to play a more in depth challenging game.

[quote name='atlantis']Why am I branded as a troll?[/QUOTE]

It's the sequel to a game that's lauded for being a challenge. People are looking forward to it because they want another game fine-tuned to be challenging without being broken or frustrating (which doesn't have an e in it). Then you come in and announce "DON'T BUY IT HEARD IT'S HARD" and expect to be taken seriously? And you liken it to developer laziness?

Most enthusiasts of Japanese games get upset when they dumb down the American version (see Final Fantasy VII's localization), not the other way around.

[quote name='atlantis']They've just lost a serious costumer. I urge you all to do the same.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they won't feel the sting of the loss of one cosplayer.

[quote name='atlantis']Why am I branded as a troll? I've bought and played virtually every RPG of this generation and many of the underdog JRPGS. I love this genre but I can't justify it as a busy 26 year old.

I am too old to play through insanely frusterating game-modes such as CoD on Veteran and Halo on Legendary. Most games have an accessible "easy" mode, no reason this developer should be lazy and be rewarded for it at the same time.

They've just lost a serious costumer. I urge you all to do the same.[/QUOTE]

They want to make it difficult. Big deal, don't buy it, you're not their target market then. If you just love easy games, play those, and don't complain that a game designer for veteran players is too tough for you...

Something to be said when you complete something that is actually challenging, not just every regular easy game.

Hopefully I will have a better experience picking up Ico/SoTC then I did picking up Star Fox.

OT: Demon's Souls wasn't nearly as hard as everyone made it out to be. It did have a steep learning curve though. If you took your time and looked both ways before crossing the street then the game was very easy. If you planned out your stats and equipment the game was very easy. If you wanted the game to be stupid easy then play as an archer. I can beat the game on New Game++++ as an archer in a few hours. Demon's Souls was challenging and if you didn't learn from your mistakes then yes I could see the game being very frustrating but if you learned that the stove was hot after the first time then the game became easy. If the game was dumbed down to appeal to the masses I wouldn't be nearly as excited for it as I am now.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yep, it's not in all stores though so it's possible your store may not have the Tiger Woods bundle.[/QUOTE]

so pretty much its a ymmv on availability but if i can find one. it'll be $50 for sure? (thats the way i'm reading it) nice! didnt wanna get in on move wit sports champions, maybe pick that up later but wit tiger woods? nice

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Yea I read this too, Can't wait to play this game. Kmart has my business for this just because of all the awesome deals they are constantly doing.... but it would've been nice if they would've gotten a few of the CEs in or have a system for us to pre order, even if there are some sort of restrictions on when we can pre order.

Any chance kmart will ever get a pre-order system? I'm tired of gamestop trying to scam people into buying stuff at their store. They portray every pre-order bonus or even limited edition bonus as something that can only be obtained at their store.[/QUOTE]

i wish there was a way to get the phantom to chase u without breakin street date (since i prob wont break it lol) in another file or somethin. make a hard game even harder lol

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yep, it's not in all stores though so it's possible your store may not have the Tiger Woods bundle.[/QUOTE]

So if they have it in stock, it will ring up 49.99? I called my local stores, and they were in stock, and was told it was not on sale. I guess it was sticker full price, but requires a scan to get the lower price?

Also looking forward to Ico/SotC Tuesday. I own both on PS2 and watched my old roommate play chunks of both but haven't played them myself. This will be a good kickstart to finally do so.

The train rolls on.

Never played gears of war 3 so i picked it up because of friends hype, got bored of it really quick, find it kinda basic and not anything worth keeping me online like black ops did, but It is a fun game.
Unfortunately, completely my fault but I wanted the $20 coupon to use forr mw3, but it expires 11/5.
Shoulda known better, wanted to coupon train from this to mw3 then that for halo anniversary. I'd hate to throw away a $20 coupon so i'll grab bf3 and sell it to a friend or something or browse the clearance rack haha...

wow. that's too bad you don't enjoy it. I think gears' emphasis on teamwork and positioning/cover in multiplayer much more interesting than Call of Duty's emphasis on twitch reactions and memorizing spawn locations.

I guess in some ways CoD is more dynamic/random, which can keep people playing, but I feel like Gears has a much higher skill ceiling and emphasizes teamwork much more than Call of Duty can. I also never get the feeling that the game decided what actually happened, despite how I played the game. CoD feels like a slot machine to me. You never know what the netcode is going to give you in multiplayer.

[quote name='jer7583']wow. that's too bad you don't enjoy it. I think gears' emphasis on teamwork and positioning/cover in multiplayer much more interesting than Call of Duty's emphasis on twitch reactions and memorizing spawn locations.

I guess in some ways CoD is more dynamic/random, which can keep people playing, but I feel like Gears has a much higher skill ceiling and emphasizes teamwork much more than Call of Duty can. I also never get the feeling that the game decided what actually happened, despite how I played the game. CoD feels like a slot machine to me. You never know what the netcode is going to give you in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
Maybe GoW3 is better, but all I remember from GoW2 is everyone sprinting around with shotguns. The whole idea of slower, tactical, cover-based teamwork went out the window. Along with the rather mediocre campaign, it really soured me on the franchise, and I'd gone into 2 with a lot of hype and hope. I'm hearing pretty positive things about 3, though.

[quote name='atlantis']Why am I branded as a troll?[/QUOTE]

Because you're posting ridiculous statements like 'boycott' a game that is absolutely celebrated for it's difficulty for being... difficult. that's why. if you don't want to be branded, don't brand yourself.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I heard 3D Dot Game Heroes was harder than Demon Souls[/QUOTE]

some of the unnecessary mini-games were insanely difficult to beat the required time trial for, but a patch relaxed these conditions considerably. the game itself, though, didn't seem too difficult to me, though i only played through about half so far.

demon's souls isn't particularly difficult. it just punishes not paying attention, or doing something silly like running into a room with your shield down.

Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes are two of my favorite games ever and I got platinums in both (3D pre-patch). I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls.

Maybe you'd be more interested in the upcoming Sesame Street game, altanis? That seems more your speed.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Maybe GoW3 is better, but all I remember from GoW2 is everyone sprinting around with shotguns. The whole idea of slower, tactical, cover-based teamwork went out the window. Along with the rather mediocre campaign, it really soured me on the franchise, and I'd gone into 2 with a lot of hype and hope. I'm hearing pretty positive things about 3, though.[/QUOTE]

The up close one shot kill shenanigans have mostly been toned down. If you're not watching your back you can still get one shot death, but that's just part of gears. As frustrating as it is when it happens to you, it's super satisfying when you sneak up on someone else and turn them into a new coat of paint on the cover they were taking.

The retro lancer weapon really does a lot to prevent people who just charge blindly at you - it honestly only takes a few shots with it at close range to down someone, and they are actually stunned/pushed back as they are hit with it. It's basically the "anti-shotgun" weapon.

Shotguns are still powerful but you have a lot better ways to avoid getting bum rushed in gears 3. Makes the game much more enjoyable and strategic. I even see people do well with long range weapons like the hammerburst. Team deathmatch with respawns helps the game's pacing a lot as well.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']X-Men will be a $20 gaming coupon but stock is going to be pretty light on it. 2 or possibly 1 copy per platform to some stores. Activision isn't very good at price protecting (e.g. Apache Air Assault from last Fall is still 49.99 and Spiderman Shattered Dimensions is 59.99 still) so we need to protect ourselves from overstocking this game.[/QUOTE]

I really wish that Kmart would do preorders. I'm sure that there are probably a boatload of issues with that but at least I would be guaranteed the game before the 25 mile drive.

Thank you for clarifying though.

I can't speak for Dark Souls per se, but I generally find it easier to get acclimated to a game/genre when I play them on the highest difficulty setting as a default.

[quote name='nakanenui']So if they have it in stock, it will ring up 49.99? I called my local stores, and they were in stock, and was told it was not on sale. I guess it was sticker full price, but requires a scan to get the lower price?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not pictured in the ad which may be the reason it doesn't have a sticker but from yesterday's sales I can confirm it is $49. But if you live in NYC or near one of the non-circular stores it will not ring up as $49 and you may have to bring in a print ad to try to get that price.

[quote name='sadboy']I can't speak for Dark Souls per se, but I generally find it easier to get acclimated to a game/genre when I play them on the highest difficulty setting as a default.[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite. I start on the easiest setting and then work my way up until I'm bored or give up.

Edit: Bought a Sports Champion bundle, a Sharpshooter, and a Navigation controller at my Kmart. Was going to price match at Best Buy, decided not to.

Figured all I'm saving is about $15 and that doesn't seem worth driving to Best Buy only to be either denied or finding out the items were out of stock.

Had the Kmart employee scan Wii Sports on one of those hand held scanner guns and it didn't ring up as $14.99. Just to let all of you know that "featured" in the ad, means only those specific Nintendo Select titles.

Edit 2: Thinking about the Ico/Shadow deal and using that coupon on Dark Souls. I'm kind of on the fence still since Dark Souls isn't the collector's edition and have Ico/Shadow on PS2 already.

If I order dark souls online do I still get the coupon? Also, can these coupons be used online? No kmarts within 100 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back