KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pyloric']Here's to hopeing for a $20 gaming credit for Skyrim!!!

Also, the Amazon preorder comes with the physical map packed in the game case. Would we get the map with any sealed copy or is that an Amazon/Gamestop exclusive?

As always, thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

No, every retailer will have the physical map packed into their launch shipments. Whatever the bonus is for Rage, it's the same thing. Bethesda is doing that with all retailers.

[quote name='Camwi']Are the copies of Dark Souls at Kmart going to be the Collector's Editions?[/QUOTE]

No, it's preorder only, it's a pretty safe bet in the future that if you are dying for a CE of any game that Kmart is not the place to go for it. We get very little of them and even then they seem to cause more headaches than the sales are worth.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey stock boy,

any gears 3 Limited edition in the Atlanta area left?[/QUOTE]

Nope, they're pretty much all gone at this point.

Stock boy, Thanks for confirming the Anarchy Edition of Rage. Makes me even happier to buy from you guys (I'm in for Skyrim too, once November gets here!)

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']No, every retailer will have the physical map packed into their launch shipments. Whatever the bonus is for Rage, it's the same thing. Bethesda is doing that with all retailers.[/QUOTE]Wait...what? So the week it comes out, you're going to have Anarchy Editions of RAGE? :hot:

If so, that would be awesome.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's actually the stores responsibility to order the cards, we have zero visibility to what the on hand counts are for POSA cards. Either way though, we are helping out everyone whose store does not have the cards. My team and I have always been able to help to ensure that the poor experience in some locations is at least curbed somewhat by our ability to provide value from [email protected][/QUOTE]

Cool.

I sent an email to this address a few days ago, hoping to come up with a solution. Do you know when I should expect a reply?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']No, it's preorder only, it's a pretty safe bet in the future that if you are dying for a CE of any game that Kmart is not the place to go for it. We get very little of them and even then they seem to cause more headaches than the sales are worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hey Josh or Stock Boy,

Could you clarify the gaming coupon on X-Men Destiny? In 6.0 is says $15 but in 7.0 it says $20. Toys R Us is having a $25 gift card with it but nothing great on the Ico/Shadow Collection which I plan on picking up as well. I'm just planning out where to purchase and if it's a $20 & $15 at Kmart, that will be the way to go. Hoping the Altoona, PA store has both in stock also.

New thread, new hopes and dreams. I'm thinking I'll either hop on the coupon train with the Ico/SotC collection and get fewer games, or ride a few weeks behind the train for most titles to drop. I haven't decided which might be better for my tighter budget/time.

I don't mind CE/SE versions not really being widely available at kmart. I go there for the lowest prices on week of release games, not uber special limited ugly statue editions.

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait...what? So the week it comes out, you're going to have Anarchy Editions of RAGE? :hot:

If so, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we will have the anarchy edition (and so will everyone else)

Cancelled my Rage preorder with GS so I can try this coupon thing out, cant believe I've been missing out on these all this time

hows the website coming? was it suppose to be(initially) ready by october or november?

can we expect a similar(or somehow better) deal for MW2 to the one Gears got?

Checked to local store for Turtle Beach X12, but all they had were the X11s. Are the X11s clearance priced? If so, what price?

Josh,

Any way you can get some info for me to see if my local store will EVER re-open after the devastating flooding we had here?

Kmart - Endicott, NY 13760

Thanks dude. I want to use my coupons and not have them expire. :(

[quote name='Solder']Hey, can I use SYWR points for a Xbox points card?

I tried to use them for one at a Sears, and it wouldn't go through. But the cashier was in her mid 70's and said she "hated the computers" while trying to enter it.

If anyone knows, lemme know please.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anyone else answer this one, but I may simply have missed it.

To the best of my knowledge, yes, you should be able to use SYWR points on point cards. At least, I cannot find any restrictions that deny their use on gift cards which is what they are, technically. It looks as though they can be used on such odd things as extended warranty, so I believe that they can be used same as cash in most every transaction. Use your SYWR card/number and let the total ring up, and when it comes time to pay, elect to use all or part of your SYWR balance. Then pay the new total by other means.

You can't use KMart gaming coupons at Sears, of course, as I almost thought you meant. Using SYWR points should function similarly at all affiliate locations.

Josh, I really appreciate the jump to 20 gift receipt with XMEN to stay competitive with TRU. You sir, as I have said many times, ROCK. The last thread ended with you confirming the gift receipts do work on XBL point cards/PSN cards, so I shouldn't have any issues picking one up this week. ::Crossed fingers::

[quote name='creatureofwar']Hey Josh or Stock Boy,

Could you clarify the gaming coupon on X-Men Destiny? In 6.0 is says $15 but in 7.0 it says $20. Toys R Us is having a $25 gift card with it but nothing great on the Ico/Shadow Collection which I plan on picking up as well. I'm just planning out where to purchase and if it's a $20 & $15 at Kmart, that will be the way to go. Hoping the Altoona, PA store has both in stock also.[/QUOTE]

X-Men will be a $20 gaming coupon but stock is going to be pretty light on it. 2 or possibly 1 copy per platform to some stores. Activision isn't very good at price protecting (e.g. Apache Air Assault from last Fall is still 49.99 and Spiderman Shattered Dimensions is 59.99 still) so we need to protect ourselves from overstocking this game.

Do any kmart's actually carry the Turtle Beach X12, or was that strictly online? Just wondering if it's worth trying to find it at another store.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']X-Men will be a $20 gaming coupon but stock is going to be pretty light on it. 2 or possibly 1 copy per platform to some stores. Activision isn't very good at price protecting (e.g. Apache Air Assault from last Fall is still 49.99 and Spiderman Shattered Dimensions is 59.99 still) so we need to protect ourselves from overstocking this game.[/QUOTE]

I remembered buying Apache Air Assault at launch at Kmart with a $30 or $25 coupon. That's really nice.

[quote name='yahoosale14']hows the website coming? was it suppose to be(initially) ready by october or november?

can we expect a similar(or somehow better) deal for MW2 to the one Gears got?[/QUOTE]

Josh answered this in the 6.0 thread, unfortunately not good news:

Online coupons
Was told recently I will not be given this functionality this year.........

Head + Wall = Me

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Josh answered this in the 6.0 thread, unfortunately not good news:

Online coupons
Was told recently I will not be given this functionality this year.........

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

:wall:

im not understanding this then. wasn;t the whole point of the website to be able to give coupons online to compete with amazon, BB, walmart, etc? i mean if theres no coupon functionality....then the website won't really be any different compared to its current state.

[quote name='yahoosale14']:wall:

im not understanding this then. wasn;t the whole point of the website to be able to give coupons online to compete with amazon, BB, walmart, etc? i mean if theres no coupon functionality....then the website won't really be any different compared to its current state.[/QUOTE]
It's not like I don't want them! Yeah, it was the whole point. I am literally furious about it.

Another coupon issue but for a different reason. Was told today that they wouldn't accept more than 1 coupon b/c the store was closing and the manager sent out notice that only 1 coupon per transaction, i guess so they could clear inventory before the liquidation and force multiple purchases. Sucks that there isn't another Kmart within 45 minutes of me. Have about 4 coupons still to use, but there's no sense on being on the coupon train anymore as they are closing in a month and i'm sure the liquidation team won't accept them. Josh it's been a good run, thanks for all your help and quick responses when i've had problems.

Ico and SotC were so full of awesomeness, I never finished either game. I just played some of it, and was like, "Dayumn." :whistle2:#

[quote name='scoary']Another coupon issue but for a different reason. Was told today that they wouldn't accept more than 1 coupon b/c the store was closing and the manager sent out notice that only 1 coupon per transaction, i guess so they could clear inventory before the liquidation and force multiple purchases. Sucks that there isn't another Kmart within 45 minutes of me. Have about 4 coupons still to use, but there's no sense on being on the coupon train anymore as they are closing in a month and i'm sure the liquidation team won't accept them. Josh it's been a good run, thanks for all your help and quick responses when i've had problems.[/QUOTE]
Just because a store is closing is no reason to refuse coupon stacking. Shoot me a note and we'll take care of it. I would say no worries, our online site is ready to go......but we suck at life.

Trying to find a workaround as a back up plan.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just because a store is closing is no reason to refuse coupon stacking. Shoot me a note and we'll take care of it. I would say no worries, our online site is ready to go......but we suck at life.

Trying to find a workaround as a back up plan.[/QUOTE]

we love you josh

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just because a store is closing is no reason to refuse coupon stacking. Shoot me a note and we'll take care of it. I would say no worries, our online site is ready to go......but we suck at life.

Trying to find a workaround as a back up plan.[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a email Josh.

I really wanted the Turtle Beach X12's but my Kmart didn't have any. Instead they had the X11's on sale for $45. First time a k-mart deal has let me down...

Kmart #3862 (Bohemia, NY) last night still had 2 Gears 3 Epic and tons of 12 Month Xbox Live Cards. Only issue was the person who worked in the electronics was on break and took the keys with him and his replacement was more interested in trying to scan his hand than helping people. Was about 4 people standing in front of him waiting to get games from the case.

What is the Arkham City deal going to be? I saw someone mention something about a t-shirt, as well as something that will be better than Amazon's deal, but not sure what that meant...

I currently have it pre-ordered on Amazon for $54, plus they're giving a $10 credit and a comic book or something. I'm already planning on switching Ico/SotC and Dark Souls to Kmart, so I just might have to for Batman depending on what it is, haha...

Jeez I might actually be buying all of my fall games from Kmart, since everything I want is on the list so far (although no details yet)! Same thing happened last fall when Amazon crapped out and Kmart offered all the deals. I gotta go with the best prices, you know ;)

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']I really wanted the Turtle Beach X12's but my Kmart didn't have any. Instead they had the X11's on sale for $45. First time a k-mart deal has let me down...[/QUOTE]

Same with the one near me. Felt a bit like bait and switch. Advertise the X12s, but only carry the old X11. Perhaps it was just our stores, though.

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']I really wanted the Turtle Beach X12's but my Kmart didn't have any. Instead they had the X11's on sale for $45. First time a k-mart deal has let me down...[/QUOTE]
Distribution fell through and left tooany stores out of stock. They are landing through the week and next week. Fully rain checkable.

Price match them. They're in the flyer, grab one and hit up Walmart or somewhere else that price matches. Or ask for a rain check. Many options available to you to take advantage of the offer instead of just complaining.

Pretty happy to hear that RAGE will be the Anarchy Edition. Not gonna cancel my GameStop preorder JUST yet, though. Gonna keep it as a backup plan just in case there's some miscommunication or my store sells out before I get there.

Let's see. Next week is Shadow/ICO using my $20 to get a $15.
Then RAGE using my $15 to get another $20.
Then hopefully Forza to use my $20 and get another something...
LOVE THE COUPON TRAIN!!

By the way, Stock Boy, I sent you an email about Forza. Not sure if you got it or not. Hope to hear back about that!

This probably been asked before, but does anyone know if Kmart going to get the collector's edition of Dark Souls?

**edit** a quick search and found my answer, sorry about the useless post.

[quote name='cancerman1120']No I think this means you can use a printed (from you home printer) receipt since it can only be used once now. No multiple tries to get a bunch of coupons.[/QUOTE] THIS.

In other words, the unique bar code ensures that the coupon can only be used once in the system, so a SYWR card customer can use either the physical coupon or digital receipt coupon. If they attempt to use both, the system will not allow the unique bar code to be redeemed twice.

Just reporting on my purchases. On Tuesday I went to go purchase Gears for my little bro with no problems what so ever. Coupon printed out fine. Out the store within minutes.

So On thursday I sent my wife to buy Gears for myself. This time not so smooth. I explained to her the process and she was denied the coupon. Clerk saying that the sale was over. I called BS and told her to purchase anyway. So she did so but decided to check another nearby kmart. To her surprised the game was being sold for $49.99 instead of 59.99 so she returned it there and re bought it with the cheaper price but was still denied the coupon. I've emailed Josh and hopefully he'll be able to help. First hiccup in my transactions with Kmart. this was store #9420 and second store #7654 in the Bronx, NY.
Anyway it's nice to be back on the train

[quote name='rightously alive']Just reporting on my purchases. On Tuesday I went to go purchase Gears for my little bro with no problems what so ever. Coupon printed out fine. Out the store within minutes.

So On thursday I sent my wife to buy Gears for myself. This time not so smooth. I explained to her the process and she was denied the coupon. Clerk saying that the sale was over. I called BS and told her to purchase anyway. So she did so but decided to check another nearby kmart. To her surprised the game was being sold for $49.99 instead of 59.99 so she returned it there and re bought it with the cheaper price but was still denied the coupon. I've emailed Josh and hopefully he'll be able to help. First hiccup in my transactions with Kmart. this was store #9420 and second store #7654 in the Bronx, NY.
Anyway it's nice to be back on the train[/QUOTE]

How was she denied the coupon? The gaming coupons print out automatically. It's not at the discretion of the cashier whether or not to give you the coupon.

Yesterday I went to store #4427 (Independence, MO) and they didn't have 12 month live cards in (had a ton of 3 month though).

I went to the other store near me (#9336 Independence, MO) and they had a ton of 12 month live cards but no 3 months... It doesn't bother me to hit up multiple stores since they are so close to me. But I will probably call ahead of time haha.

But the coupon printed out and everything worked great.

I will be back next to get Fifa. K-Mart is actually competing against Amazon for me (and I don't have to pay tax or shipping since I have Prime).
Keep it up!

Josh(or maybe this in more in Stockboy's field) can you confirm that Matte 250gb xbox 360 have hit stores yet? or a possible eta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back