KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']Man, what's up with these Kmarts closing?[/QUOTE]

Well, the world economy is in the shitter.

[quote name='rightously alive']Just reporting on my purchases. On Tuesday I went to go purchase Gears for my little bro with no problems what so ever. Coupon printed out fine. Out the store within minutes.

So On thursday I sent my wife to buy Gears for myself. This time not so smooth. I explained to her the process and she was denied the coupon. Clerk saying that the sale was over. I called BS and told her to purchase anyway. So she did so but decided to check another nearby kmart. To her surprised the game was being sold for $49.99 instead of 59.99 so she returned it there and re bought it with the cheaper price but was still denied the coupon. I've emailed Josh and hopefully he'll be able to help. First hiccup in my transactions with Kmart. this was store #9420 and second store #7654 in the Bronx, NY.
Anyway it's nice to be back on the train[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this cashier has a pocket full of gaming coupons from other customers. Power tripping cashiers who think they know more than the register/POS system make me laugh.

I didn't realize that Ico/SotC collection was $39.99. I thought it was $59.99 and was all set to pass and wait for a lower price. That price and a $15 coupon makes it a no- brainer. I was almost tempted to go with the sale at Fry's ($29.96) but I might as well get my coupon train started.

My list:

Ico/SotC Collection
Batman: Arkham City
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
MW3
Skyrim
Saint's Row: The Third

Got the live card and gow3. They forgot to scan my kmart card so the coupon didn't print out. After 20 minutes of waiting while they figured out how to get me the coupon (returning the live card voids the card) they finally decided to give me a $20 gift card.

The OP says not all deals work in NYC. Is this the entire gamer deals or just select? I want to pick up gears today and would do it at Kmart if I can get a $20 gc from any of the NYC stores (Astor Place or 34th St).

Josh or anyone else can you tell me if the stores will be getting the standard or LE of Dark Souls? I have Dark Souls LE pre ordered but would rather get $20 off and buy from Kmart if it will be the LE in stores.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Josh or anyone else can you tell me if the stores will be getting the standard or LE of Dark Souls? I have Dark Souls LE pre ordered but would rather get $20 off and buy from Kmart if it will be the LE in stores.[/QUOTE]Kmart stores will not be getting the Dark Souls LE, as it's a pre-order only item and Kmart doesn't currently do pre-orders.

[quote name='OtherAdam']The OP says not all deals work in NYC. Is this the entire gamer deals or just select? I want to pick up gears today and would do it at Kmart if I can get a $20 gc from any of the NYC stores (Astor Place or 34th St).[/QUOTE]
Here's what the OP says:
www.kmartgamer.com: (Blog is effective in all locations)

Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
So, the $20 gaming coupon will print out at all locations.

Only circular deals are not honored in NYC stores.

[quote name='Gears24']Josh,do you think you'll have Gears of War 3 on sale for $40-50 anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Oh sure, so you can go PM BB, right?

[quote name='Gears24']Not even,stop assuming things.[/QUOTE]

He is a salesman, why would he answer the question. He would prefer to get as many sales as possible at list price instead of people holding out for a lower price, especially a AAA title. Since Kmart does not price adjust.

[quote name='gabolous']He is a salesman, why would he answer the question. He would prefer to get as many sales as possible at list price instead of people holding out for a lower price, especially a AAA title. Since Kmart does not price adjust.[/QUOTE]

They do price adjust but you only have 7 days after purchase.

[quote name='Vigilante']Kmart stores will not be getting the Dark Souls LE, as it's a pre-order only item and Kmart doesn't currently do pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Guess $20 is better thn the steelbook and mini guide etc

Wish there was $15 off the Splinter Cell Collection on PS3 thats being released the same day as Ico/SotC

[quote name='jaredstorm']Kmart is going to have Uncharted collector's, right?[/QUOTE]

I asked this very question a week or two ago and it got ignored as well, so I just ordered it through Amazon.

Looking forward to Ico/Shadow next week, probably grab a Nav controller as well.

[quote name='Zerok']I asked this very question a week or two ago and it got ignored as well, so I just ordered it through Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I always get ignored these days by Josh. It saddens me. He use to always answer every question. I hope I can get it at Kmart. Wanna use the coupon on it.

I have an expired gaming coupon. There's no way I can use it anymore? Will the register reject it if I try to use it?

[quote name='Killbomb']They do price adjust but you only have 7 days after purchase.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. my apologies.

[quote name='gabolous']He is a salesman, why would he answer the question. He would prefer to get as many sales as possible at list price instead of people holding out for a lower price, especially a AAA title. Since Kmart does not price adjust.[/QUOTE]

As someone else has said you were wrong on the price match. Also, there have been multiple times where Josh has announced both a day 1 deal and an upcoming sale on a title upfront. Portal 2 and Alice Madness returns are two examples. For Portal 2, he gave a coupon Day and announced that if you could wait, it'd be cheaper in like 2 weeks (ended up being $15 off). For Alice, he had a Day 1 coupon and said, if you could wait 'see Portal 2'. Again, another straight $15 off two weeks later.

So Josh has a track record of not being shy about announcing an upcoming sale on a title even ahead of the Day 1 coupon deal.

[quote name='hostyl1']As someone else has said you were wrong on the price match. Also, there have been multiple times where Josh has announced both a day 1 deal and an upcoming sale on a title upfront. Portal 2 and Alice Madness returns are two examples. For Portal 2, he gave a coupon Day and announced that if you could wait, it'd be cheaper in like 2 weeks (ended up being $15 off). For Alice, he had a Day 1 coupon and said, if you could wait 'see Portal 2'. Again, another straight $15 off two weeks later.

So Josh has a track record of not being shy about announcing an upcoming sale on a title even ahead of the Day 1 coupon deal.[/QUOTE]

Salt on the wound man

[quote name='hostyl1']As someone else has said you were wrong on the price match. Also, there have been multiple times where Josh has announced both a day 1 deal and an upcoming sale on a title upfront. Portal 2 and Alice Madness returns are two examples. For Portal 2, he gave a coupon Day and announced that if you could wait, it'd be cheaper in like 2 weeks (ended up being $15 off). For Alice, he had a Day 1 coupon and said, if you could wait 'see Portal 2'. Again, another straight $15 off two weeks later.

So Josh has a track record of not being shy about announcing an upcoming sale on a title even ahead of the Day 1 coupon deal.[/QUOTE]

It was actually $25 off but I got your point. :D

Random deal and sorry if no one is interested but I thought it was cool. It was brought up in a thread by its self but I picked up a copy of The 3rd Birthday for PSP for 9.99. It has a unique barcode(814349010657) and a red sticker at the top(as pictured) It is possible this is YMMV? Good deal and I think this game recieved grief and I thought it was a decent game, and yes I have played both Parasite Eves.
2wbxc0n.jpg

Also, went to Gamestop today to return my eye toy to pick up the Sports Champion bundle for an extra controller for my copy of The Fight(Lights Out) possibly tommorrow. My Kmart only had like 2 in stock of the bundle but I hope people are broke around here.

Grabbed GoW3, and a 12-month XBL card. Going for Dark Souls and Skyrim with my $20 coupon chain. Thanks Josh (I'm so glad I don't work for Kmart anymore :D )

Question too...Will Kmart be carrying copies of Skyrim for the PC. I'd much rather have a PC-copy of the title.

Will Rage be the Anarchy Edition in the first run? And I have a feeling this has been answered but same question for Dark Souls being the CE on the first run? Have these preordered at gamestop but want to keep the coupon train going.

I went in just before the local stores closed and got in on GOW 3. Figure I will chain to at least Uncharted 3 and maybe have a coupon or two primed for black Friday. Thanks for the deal.

[quote name='ISHCM']I have an expired gaming coupon. There's no way I can use it anymore? Will the register reject it if I try to use it?[/QUOTE]

That's what an expiration date means. You are out of luck.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Will we have to do a request on the Uncharted 3 Collector's edition like previous Collector's?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zerok']I asked this very question a week or two ago and it got ignored as well, so I just ordered it through Amazon.

Looking forward to Ico/Shadow next week, probably grab a Nav controller as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaredstorm']I always get ignored these days by Josh. It saddens me. He use to always answer every question. I hope I can get it at Kmart. Wanna use the coupon on it.[/QUOTE]

The process for this has always been to email Stock Boy in advance to request that the collector's edition be sent to your store. If it's not available then he will let you know. Nobody is ignoring anyone. Is it that hard to email someone? The details are in post #4.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Will Rage be the Anarchy Edition in the first run? And I have a feeling this has been answered but same question for Dark Souls being the CE on the first run? Have these preordered at gamestop but want to keep the coupon train going.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yep, we will have the anarchy edition (and so will everyone else)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']Kmart stores will not be getting the Dark Souls LE, as it's a pre-order only item and Kmart doesn't currently do pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Posted on the past couple pages. Took me half a minute to look up for you. You're welcome!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's not like I don't want them! Yeah, it was the whole point. I am literally furious about it.[/QUOTE]
I believe I've found footage of the news hitting your inbox.

Shamelessly stole the gif from neoGAF and edited it. Just for fun, no harm meant. :)

---

I think I've settled on the games from this Fall I want to get; the asterisked ones are my potential train, and the rest would be waiting for later (although Skyrim and AC:R landing on the same week could cause problems.)

*9-27 Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-11 Forza 4
*10-11 Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-17 Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 Batman Arkham City
*10-25 Battlefield 3
*11-1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-8 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
*11-11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 Halo Anniversary
11-15 Saint's Row: The Third
*11-15 Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

[quote name='brother daz']been a while since i've checked this thread, i'm pretty stoked to see rage getting a $20 coupon![/quote]

+1

*starts cancelling pre-orders i've placed elsewhere* Coupon time i think. Have these coupons been printing out well regularly or are there still some problems? The last time i bought games , last holiday ( it's been a slow gaming year for me), things worked pretty well.

going to start with Shadows/Ico, but then i have to decide if the $49 Dark Souls limited edition order i placed will be kept or if $20 kmartville regular edition wins over. If all those CE features didn't get neutered to digital downloads it would be an easy decision, but just a metal case for $10 more?

[quote name='chriscolbert']The process for this has always been to email Stock Boy in advance to request that the collector's edition be sent to your store. If it's not available then he will let you know. Nobody is ignoring anyone. Is it that hard to email someone? The details are in post #4.[/QUOTE]

Get ignored there too bra. :(

[quote name='thehoweller']Question too...Will Kmart be carrying copies of Skyrim for the PC. I'd much rather have a PC-copy of the title.[/QUOTE]

I too would like to know this as well as if they're going to be carrying Rage for the PC. I have Rage pre-ordered from New Egg but I will drop it for a $20 coupon.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Posted on the past couple pages. Took me half a minute to look up for you. You're welcome![/QUOTE]

I thank you! I missed the Anarchy post but I figured I seen something about Dark Souls.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']How was she denied the coupon? The gaming coupons print out automatically. It's not at the discretion of the cashier whether or not to give you the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well according to her it didn't print out. And when she asked was told the sale was over. This was on thurs 9-22. I find it strange considering I made the same purchase in the same store just two days earlier without any issues.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Distribution fell through and left tooany stores out of stock. They are landing through the week and next week. Fully rain checkable.[/QUOTE] Does this mean I can get any coupon for the weekly deals if the game is out stock? (ie. could have rain checked/put money down for R3 and get the $20 coupon?)

Had a horrible experience at a GameStop tonight that has pretty much soured me on the company completely. Drove an hour to a store to get an item I was told I could buy only to get there and be told "No. It's for a preorder" despite the fact that the 48 hour hold on preorders was up two days ago.
No matter to me. I'm going to cancel all my GameStop preorders and buy everything from Kmart and Amazon from now on. I was getting tired of them for the most part but this sealed the deal.

Now to hope that Kmart is getting the Forza 4 CE. Fourza? 4za?

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']Do we know if the tiger woods bundle is on sale too?[/QUOTE]

Online it shows up for $49.99 so I'm guessing the price is valid in stores as well.

[quote name='boogie4114']Online it shows up for $49.99 so I'm guessing the price is valid in stores as well.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I just picked mine up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back