KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='creatureofwar']I think that Kmart should hire CAGs to train the employees in electronics. They can pay us in gaming coupons. :)[/QUOTE]
I believe that is the system already lol.

[quote name='jer7583']It was a mega-bomba on 360 for the much more popular 360/kinect. Best Buy had it for $10 within like, 3 weeks of launch.

What chance does a PS3/Move port have? I don't blame them for not stocking it.[/QUOTE]
I see someone else has come across Wario64's threads on NeoGAF. :lol:

Is there a way to confirm on a corporate level whether a store has received stock (i.e. Ico/SotC)? That way I know if the guy's "not for another 2 weeks" line was BS or not.

question about the demons souls 20$

is that pre order only like preordering from best buy or amazon. or can i just walk in there and buy it next tues then get the coupon(hoping its the later hehe) :)

anyways hope there is a game later on to use the 20$ credit on hehe.

[quote name='Kevfactor']question about the demons souls 20$

is that pre order only like preordering from best buy or amazon. or can i just walk in there and buy it next tues then get the coupon(hoping its the later hehe) :)

anyways hope there is a game later on to use the 20$ credit on hehe.[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't offer pre-orders so you can walk in and get it. The only thing required to get the deal is to be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. Which can be easily signed up for in store if you aren't already a member.

[quote name='jer7583']Bomba has been around for years on gaf, lol.[/QUOTE]
Shows what I know then. I'm just a recent lurker. :)

I'll be going out shortly to (hopefully) grab Ico/SotC. Hopefully they have it in stock still. Seems like a good place to jump back on the train.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Is there a way to confirm on a corporate level whether a store has received stock (i.e. Ico/SotC)? That way I know if the guy's "not for another 2 weeks" line was BS or not.[/QUOTE]
Sure can, just shoot us an email and we can confirm.

Josh, I know the deal for Arkham City is a secret, but could you possibly give us a hint or something else before Save Game #12 is posted? :D

[quote name='rawrker']agreed completely. I'm a big fan of the game, but the sad fact is it didn't sell so there is no reason to waste inventory space and sacrifice part of the budget for something that gives no return.[/QUOTE]

ah. i didn't realize CofEden bombed so bad. So much hype, and following Rez, figured it would do well. Okay, will wait for clearance on the PS3 version, and further ensure the port bombs too. Sadly.

I know this is the Kmart thread, but since Sears is owned by Kmart I felt I might as well post this here. It seems that the Exton Mall Sears in PA has a really unsustainable scheduling model of late. My local Kmart was out of Move bundles, so I went to the Sears hoping to get a price match. There was nobody at all in the electronics department, so I found the closest associate, who promptly told me I should come back later in the afternoon, as there would be nobody in that department until then, and that nobody else in the store could conduct a transaction in that department. I then went downstairs to the Gamestop in the same mall and found out that I could price match there as well, so there is $50 that went to Gamestop instead of Sears. Today, I went to the Gamestop to see if they had any of the $10 Move games left. They did not, so I went again to Sears to see if they would price match Gamestop. This time I was told by a different associate to come back at 6 in the evening, when someone would be in to run the department. I really wonder how much in sales that Sears is losing everyday in a department where nobody can buy anything.

pretty impressed w/ my kmart.com order!!

placed my order online sunday for TW bundle and it got here safe and sound yesterday...only paid 99 cents for delivery but it was sent via ups 2 day delivery!

Went in to get Ico/SOTC today. It wasn't visible on the shelf, but I could see many of the games, including new ones such at GoW Origin, were buried on the shelf. Asked an associate for help, was told they didn't have it and not offered any assistance. Pretty lame.

[quote name='DarthWoo']I know this is the Kmart thread, but since Sears is owned by Kmart I felt I might as well post this here. It seems that the Exton Mall Sears in PA has a really unsustainable scheduling model of late. My local Kmart was out of Move bundles, so I went to the Sears hoping to get a price match. There was nobody at all in the electronics department, so I found the closest associate, who promptly told me I should come back later in the afternoon, as there would be nobody in that department until then, and that nobody else in the store could conduct a transaction in that department. I then went downstairs to the Gamestop in the same mall and found out that I could price match there as well, so there is $50 that went to Gamestop instead of Sears. Today, I went to the Gamestop to see if they had any of the $10 Move games left. They did not, so I went again to Sears to see if they would price match Gamestop. This time I was told by a different associate to come back at 6 in the evening, when someone would be in to run the department. I really wonder how much in sales that Sears is losing everyday in a department where nobody can buy anything.[/QUOTE]
Why not go back at six? For all we know, it could be the most jam-packed, senses-shattering shopping place ever. But only at six.

Man, I feel like my entire schedule went off-kilter today. Ima going to chill in front of The Big Bang Theory and call it a day.

My store got next weeks releases in today and we only got 4-5 copies of NBA 2k12 for each system. Only 1 Jordan edition.

Hey Josh or stockboy , do you think it would be possible that you could start listing the UPCs for upcoming releases that way people on here can bring in the UPC to store and have an associate look it up on their RMU to see what their on-hand looks like and so they can see when they will get it? Just an idea.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm excited for Rage next week, i heard that it has some issues with the save system, though.[/QUOTE]Did you hear that from a recent preview? Do you have a link? I hope it isn't that big of an issue...

[quote name='Vigilante']Did you hear that from a recent preview? Do you have a link? I hope it isn't that big of an issue...[/QUOTE]

http://twitter.com/#!/JimSterling/status/119622309903470592

Dear PC devs: When porting to console, remember -- it's a pain in the ass to manually save and we're used to checkpoints on consoles. Cunts.
'

Other reviewers have been cryptically stating that it's kind of a pain in the ass because there's no checkpointing and you have to hit start to go to the menu to save a LOT. I saw another tweet about it breaking the immersion of the game really bad but i can't remember who said it. They're all embargoed so you won't hear anything official but on twitter there has been some bad things said without mentioning RAGE specifically.

[quote name='jer7583']http://twitter.com/#!/JimSterling/status/119622309903470592

'

Other reviewers have been cryptically stating that it's kind of a pain in the ass because there's no checkpointing and you have to hit start to go to the menu to save a LOT. I saw another tweet about it breaking the immersion of the game really bad but i can't remember who said it. They're all embargoed so you won't hear anything official but on twitter there has been some bad things said without mentioning RAGE specifically.[/QUOTE]I can only see it being a pain if saving takes more than a few seconds each time. I save so frequently when playing Fallout 3 GotY that I've done so more than 3,000 times and I'm only about halfway through the main story (currently doing the Point Lookout DLC). If I think of RAGE like Fallout 3 in that respect, this really doesn't seem like that big of a deal, unless, like I said, saving takes a while. :roll:

Also, complaining that we're "used to checkpoints" just sounds lazy to me. I don't trust those things anyway unless I'm playing something level-based like CoD or Enslaved. Did Borderlands (or any other open-world shooter besides FO3, for that matter) have a checkpoint system?

Fyi... Kmart @ 111th & cicero oak lawn il had at least 2 copies of ico/shadow collection. I hope this helps anyone.

[quote name='jer7583']I once heard the big bang theory called "nerd blackface" for the severity of its stereotyping.

http://ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.com/2011/09/loudly-to-his-friend.html

"Even if it wasn't nerd blackface it'll still be lazily written and poorly acted, bottom of the barrel shit."

I'm excited for Rage next week, i heard that it has some issues with the save system, though.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Wow, I never knew someone could hate Big Bang Theory that much. I think its a great show. I guess even nerds can take things too seriously sometimes. Its just a TV show, that guy needs to relax.

Picked up ico collection today at kmart and got the $15 coupon no problem. I already have these games on PS2 and beat ico way back but never shadow of the colossus. Let me just say I started playing through ico and it looks great in hd. The dynamic themes that come with the package are really cool as well. Highly recommend this collection.

Tempted to buy Rage and/or Dark Souls next week for the $20 coupons.

Anyone have any advice on whether to buy Rage on 360 or PS3? I'm not excited about the 8GB install or switching disks throughout play, although I do have more space on my 360...

[quote name='Vigilante']I can only see it being a pain if saving takes more than a few seconds each time. I save so frequently when playing Fallout 3 GotY that I've done so more than 3,000 times and I'm only about halfway through the main story (currently doing the Point Lookout DLC). If I think of RAGE like Fallout 3 in that respect, this really doesn't seem like that big of a deal, unless, like I said, saving takes a while. :roll:

Also, complaining that we're "used to checkpoints" just sounds lazy to me. I don't trust those things anyway unless I'm playing something level-based like CoD or Enslaved. Did Borderlands (or any other open-world shooter besides FO3, for that matter) have a checkpoint system?[/QUOTE]

Borderlands did, and it worked great. You'd walk buy a "New U" station and it'd auto-save for you. When you died, you'd spawn back at that same station. Really really nice implementation.

Question: Is the limited edition of Battlefield 3 pre-order only or is it just the first printing (meaning Kmart will get some)?

[quote name='EndersGamer']Tempted to buy Rage and/or Dark Souls next week for the $20 coupons.

Anyone have any advice on whether to buy Rage on 360 or PS3? I'm not excited about the 8GB install or switching disks throughout play, although I do have more space on my 360...[/QUOTE]
Wait for reviews. Rage is a PC game so it's read reviews to see which game has the less shitty port :lol:.

You know I said I wanted the Tiger Woods Move bundle but the more I play sports champions the more I start to like that game. It's what Wii Sports should of been. Overall happy with my move purchase so far. Just hope I get a game soon that uses the navigation. Only downside to move is the charge times, but oh well.

[quote name='gloveslap415']Question: Is the limited edition of Battlefield 3 pre-order only or is it just the first printing (meaning Kmart will get some)?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question. If I buy BF3 (PS3) in-store is the first printing going to be the Limited Edition with the free "Back to Karkand" DLC?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Did he really just call id software "cunts"?[/QUOTE]

I think he calls everyone a cunt. He is British after all.

I could see the need to go to the menu to save constantly being a pain in the ass. Especially in the middle of an otherwise engrossing mission. But then it also happened in Fallout 3/NV and I didn't spam the manual save there.

Then again I haven't played it so I don't' know how annoying or not annoying it is. I am going to be buying rage unless the scores are really awful.

[quote name='wrencrest']Seriously? Wow, I never knew someone could hate Big Bang Theory that much. I think its a great show. I guess even nerds can take things too seriously sometimes. Its just a TV show, that guy needs to relax.[/QUOTE]

I hated it for its stereotyping the one time I watched some of it. It was pretty not funny and poorly written/acted as well.

I think it's pretty dumb entertainment to base your humor on such easy stereotypes. I guess that's what they need to do if they can't come up with anything actually interesting or funny. I disliked it the same way I would a show that stereotypes men as being dumb sports loving helpless boobs like most sitcoms do as well. Or stereotypes women as uptight, smart, and unreasonable, like most sitcoms do.

Can't wait for Dark Souls. Just read a couple of reviews and they have definitely added some awesome sounding online mechanics to the game. Thank you From Software for thinking outside the box. And Thank you Kmart for the $20 Coupon this Tuesday for me to hopefully spend on BF3 or MW3

[quote name='gobulls15']My store got next weeks releases in today and we only got 4-5 copies of NBA 2k12 for each system. Only 1 Jordan edition.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here at my store. I assume there is no difference between the editions other then the cover art? We got 1 Jordan, 2 Magic and 1 Bird on PS3 and a similar breakdown on the 360 as well I believe.

i wouldve bought the ps3 headset already if have seen it at the kmart in international falls, gow origins is the one with the psp games?

Sorry, guys, I haven't been around and didn't find an answer when I searched. Do we know what the Dead Rising 2 deal is going to be? Thanks.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I have 50 dollars in Shop Your Way Rewards, if I buy ICO/SotC HD collection do I still get 15 dollars back in SYWR?

[quote name='streydogg781']i wouldve bought the ps3 headset already if have seen it at the kmart in international falls, gow origins is the one with the psp games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, both PSP games on God of War: Origins. If you want the original God of War games that came out on the PS2 get the God of War Collection.

[quote name='Achilles00']Sorry, guys, I haven't been around and didn't find an answer when I searched. Do we know what the Dead Rising 2 deal is going to be? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything about the game at all, but to answer your question...I haven't seen anything about a coupon yet. There has been a trend in most coupon values. $60 game = $20 coupon, $40 game = $15 coupon, $30 game = $10 coupon. I could be wrong though.

QUOTE=DestinyHero;8908733]Sorry if this is a silly question but I have 50 dollars in Shop Your Way Rewards, if I buy ICO/SotC HD collection do I still get 15 dollars back in SYWR?[/QUOTE]

You get a $15 coupon with your receipt that prints out. If I'm reading what you're saying right, no you won't get that $15 back in SYWR credit. Unless they changed something I'm not aware of, using SYWR money is just like using cash, basically Kmart money.

[quote name='DestinyHero']Sorry if this is a silly question but I have 50 dollars in Shop Your Way Rewards, if I buy ICO/SotC HD collection do I still get 15 dollars back in SYWR?[/QUOTE]

You'll get a $15 gaming coupon.

Gonna buy a 2nd PS3 headset for my step son to use on his PC for WoW & get GoW Origins free. Great deal, I love my PS3 headset I got from Amazon for $65, works great on PC as well.

[quote name='skycat561']I stopped into my kmart again today , still no ICO/SotC in stock :whistle2:(, guess I'm gonna miss the coupon deadline[/QUOTE]

Ive been to three kmarts in MA this week and none has gotten Ico. We should be able to get rainchecks for deals when they dont stock.

[quote name='LouieT']It's on page 8 of the weekly ad.
iU9Yr.png
[/QUOTE]

It's not on my weekly ad for Long Beach CA, 90808

Questions abt the SYWR points offer posted in the OP (spend $135 get 15000 points):

1) If I buy NBA (PS3 + XBox) + PSN 20 card in 1 transaction...Will it print the 2 coupons + get 15000 bonus points.

2) If i use 1 or 2 $20 coupons to the above transaction, will I still get the 15k bonus or only 10k

3) Is the 15k points limit to 1 transaction & can be done multiple times or only once for the sywr card.

Not sure if these qs can be posted here, but just wanted to hear from the experts. Thanks :)

To the best of my knowledge...

1) You're advised not to purchase more than one game that produces a coupon on the same transaction as the system has a tendency to print just one of them. I don't see anything excluding "gift cards" so the PSN card will likely not be a problem.

2) In the past, people have reported triggering the promotions even if gaming coupons then put the total below the threshold, though I can't say whether it will work for you. The fine print at the bottom does say that it tallies after discounts are applied, so I wouldn't count on it.

3) No idea. It says you can earn the individual 5000 point units up to three times, but that may only cap a single transaction. I wouldn't count on it working again after that, but if you have a lot to buy anyway, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back