KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Kmart has been amazing with all these great deals. I wished there was one close to me. Sigh...

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well it was worth a shot :([/QUOTE]

Theft was worth a shot? Your parents did such a good job with you.

Wow, it is extremely frustrating that we will not be receiving adequate amounts of the mw3 hardened edition. Every customer that comes in that buys a game system or anything gaming related I educate about our gaming program, and many times the conversation steers toward this game. Without a doubt this is going to be a huge seller, and most likely I can't even purchase one myself. This is borderline ridiculous. Not only does this make the game a harder sell (at Kmart) I now have to go elsewhere to fulfill my own gaming needs.

I already had to preorder the Zelda CE at gamestop, and now it looks like this will join it. I was hoping for improvement from last year at this time (huge shortage last year as well, my store received none), but honestly I can't see any. I thank you for what you do give us, but if you are looking to be a one stop shop for gaming we can't have these issues as we continue to draw people in that desire these products.

now that my rant is over I will say I am excited to see what the deal is for rocksmith, which I was hoping to be the start of my coupon train but looks like it will be the lone ranger this holiday.

[quote name='GBAstar']When will Kmart be stocking Just Dance 3? I know the official release date is Friday October 7th.

I see it listed with the games that release on Tuesday 10/11. Is it safe to assume Kmart won't have it BEFORE that date?

Also is their going to be any type of promotion on it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this too. $20 after my Rage coupon, makes my girl and my wallet happy. :D

hmm so if i purchase dark souls, rage and spiderman with two $20 coupons, total becomes 139.97. i should get 15k sywr pts right? and i know i'll get the three coupons since its diff promotions right?

[quote name='eau']Is the Kmart's return policy for unopened games 30 days or 90 days? Some workers there say 30 days but the receipt only states 30 days apply to select products which doesn't explicitly mention video games.[/QUOTE]
I got Shadows of the Damned as a gift and had the receipt to take it back since I already had it, and just never got around to taking it back since KMart really wasn't near me. It said 90 days on the receipt and I took it back maybe after 50 days and only could get store credit for $40 since apparently it is only 30 days for games. Wish the receipts didn't lie like that, or the employees if that's the case.

[quote name='bobphone']Theft was worth a shot? Your parents did such a good job with you.[/QUOTE]

I said i would only do it If it wasnt against policy etc. you mean to honestly tell me that If you brought an item that gave you a free game and you can return that said item for a full refund with no questions asked while they let you keep the free game that you wouldnt do it ? And besides i acually aplauded kmart in a post earlier for having a way to combat that situation :)

[quote name='CaseX']Kmart has been amazing with all these great deals. I wished there was one close to me. Sigh...[/QUOTE]
Same here...

If kmart is going to have a deal for the hardened edition of MW3 i think I'll try buying from them. I'm just wondering if kmart has midnight sales for big game releases like that?

[quote name='martinez91']Wow, it is extremely frustrating that we will not be receiving adequate amounts of the mw3 hardened edition. Every customer that comes in that buys a game system or anything gaming related I educate about our gaming program, and many times the conversation steers toward this game. Without a doubt this is going to be a huge seller, and most likely I can't even purchase one myself. This is borderline ridiculous. Not only does this make the game a harder sell (at Kmart) I now have to go elsewhere to fulfill my own gaming needs.

I already had to preorder the Zelda CE at gamestop, and now it looks like this will join it. I was hoping for improvement from last year at this time (huge shortage last year as well, my store received none), but honestly I can't see any. I thank you for what you do give us, but if you are looking to be a one stop shop for gaming we can't have these issues as we continue to draw people in that desire these products.

now that my rant is over I will say I am excited to see what the deal is for rocksmith, which I was hoping to be the start of my coupon train but looks like it will be the lone ranger this holiday.[/QUOTE]

MW3 Hardened Edition has been sold out at Gamestop in-store for over 2 weeks. Not sure about other vendors.

SHC-Gamer, I hate to contact like this but it seems I cannot send a PM nor do I have facebook so... Yeah.

Anyhow, I joined the 'Shop Your Way' program months ago but I've yet to get the permanent card. (Please contact me so I can give you the important information in private.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']SHC-Gamer, I hate to contact like this but it seems I cannot send a PM nor do I have facebook so... Yeah.

Anyhow, I joined the 'Shop Your Way' program months ago but I've yet to get the permanent card. (Please contact me so I can give you the important information in private.)[/QUOTE]Sign up with a new account in store and they'll hand you a new card.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']SHC-Gamer, I hate to contact like this but it seems I cannot send a PM nor do I have facebook so... Yeah.

Anyhow, I joined the 'Shop Your Way' program months ago but I've yet to get the permanent card. (Please contact me so I can give you the important information in private.)[/QUOTE]

You can email him.

Crysis 2 is $30 this week! Holy crap that game is a steal at that price. Amazing game in every sense of the word. Great job getting it that low Josh. Now about that price on Driver: SF!? Should we expect $30 or even $20 sooner rather than later? Also, hows the deal for Arkham City looking?

Losing faith in Kmart, a decided lack of interest in this thread and answering the MW3 Hardened edition availability question have me doubting. They tease that they got their allocations but not so much as a peep about anything else.

[quote name='GBAstar']When will Kmart be stocking Just Dance 3? I know the official release date is Friday October 7th.

I see it listed with the games that release on Tuesday 10/11. Is it safe to assume Kmart won't have it BEFORE that date?

Also is their going to be any type of promotion on it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I am interested in the question also. I have a feeling it will be a $15 coupon that won't start until 10/11

[quote name='Mad39er']Losing faith in Kmart, a decided lack of interest in this thread and answering the MW3 Hardened edition availability question have me doubting. They tease that they got their allocations but not so much as a peep about anything else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I'm scared to answer this...I don't want 300 emails for something that is going to sell out in the first 10 minutes of the store's opening and piss a lot of people off.

The simple answer is yes, we will carry a very limited stock of Hardened editions (like 1 for every 2 stores). That being said they will be gone after the first day. If you're dying to get a hardened edition and will be heart-broken if you don't get it, I'd recommend pre-ordering it from somewhere else.

Hope that kind of helps...and in general this is my recommendation for any collector's edition. The only collector's editions Kmart will carry for the rest of the year are Forza 4 and Call of Duty (okay, maybe Star Wars Old Republic PC too).[/QUOTE]

If you want any special editions of games, then Kmart is not the store for you.

Seriously. That was even on the previous page. It's not like it's gone unanswered. Read the thread a little better and you'd have your answer, people.
About to head out to my local store for RAGE now!

I'm going to attempt to get Spider-Man at mine today.

We'll see if I actually can find it unlike every other time I've gone to Kmart for a new release game.

Picked up Rage and NBA 2K12. Both coupons printed out and got the SYWR 10,000 bonus points with no issues. The only problem I run into is I have to go to Kmart on the morning of release day, since my local stores only get in a few copies of each game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well thats good news for batman at least. But will the coupon from batman last long enough to use on Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='o_O']Yes, coupons last 45 days[/QUOTE]

Well, you got that half right. Yes, a Batman:AC coupon will be able to be used on Skyrim, but no, coupons do *not* last 45 days. Stock Boy confirmed in the previous version of this thread that the coupons last "Six Weeks"; begining the following Sunday and expiring ona Saturday, which equates to forty-two games.

This is a somewhat significant distiction as if the coupons truly lasted forty-five days, then they would expire on a Tuesday which would make them more valuable because you could cover one more release day.

Another flawless release day Kmart purchase! Picked up Dark Souls this morning. It was still in the stock cage but the fella grabbed it right out for me. No problems at checkout.

[quote name='Jason28']If you want any special editions of games, then Kmart is not the store for you.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the special editions are that important to you, then preorder elsewhere. Even stockboy says this. They do not get enough copies to guarantee that people will get them because they don't want them sitting on the shelf forever. I still see about two copies of the Halo: Reach one sitting on the shelves of my local store. Decide what you'd rather have, the regular game with the coupon or the full price collector's edition with nothing extra.

I'm glad that I'm not stressed about buying the "collector's edition" for Dark Souls. Namco basically gave everyone the finger and removed the PHYSICAL copies of the strategy guide and artwork and stuff and slipped in some digital download code for those items instead.

Laaaaaaamesauce!

Thanks for the great deal.

The service that I also received was exceptional. Got to the store around midnight and the new games weren't already out in the cases (they usually always are) and so I tracked down an employee who tracked down another employee who went to the back and got the games and was then rung up at the front of the store by an employee who made sure that we got the $5 for spending $45.

All the employees were super friendly and it made for one of the best customer service experiences that I've had in a store.

And for anyone who hasn't picked up Dark Souls yet.....You must play this game, its awesome.

[quote name='DomLando']Picked up Rage and NBA 2K12. Both coupons printed out and got the SYWR 10,000 bonus points with no issues. The only problem I run into is I have to go to Kmart on the morning of release day, since my local stores only get in a few copies of each game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mebegod']has anyone gotten the bonus points buying point cards[/QUOTE]

Man...

All my coupons printed out fine but again I wasn't able to use my $5 Madden Coupon on NBA 2k12. I kept getting the "terms not met" error.

Also I didn't get any bonus points and I bought NBA 2k12, Dark Souls and Rage but I bought them all in seperate transactions.

I'm assuming you have to spend $50 After coupon?

If not that I don't know what the hell happened. My store is a participating store too. I know SYWR isn't Josh's department but I'm a little bit disappointed about that. If it was supposed to work and didn't i feel like I missed out on $15 not to mention the $5 from the stupid madden coupon

Wow 2 of the stores near me (York, PA & Columbia, PA) did not receive any of the 4 games at all :( :mad: Should I email to Stockboy about this???

[quote name='GBAstar']Man...

All my coupons printed out fine but again I wasn't able to use my $5 Madden Coupon on NBA 2k12. I kept getting the "terms not met" error.

Also I didn't get any bonus points and I bought NBA 2k12, Dark Souls and Rage but I bought them all in seperate transactions.

I'm assuming you have to spend $50 After coupon?

If not that I don't know what the hell happened. My store is a participating store too. I know SYWR isn't Josh's department but I'm a little bit disappointed about that. If it was supposed to work and didn't i feel like I missed out on $15 not to mention the $5 from the stupid madden coupon[/QUOTE]

What made you think you can use an EA coupon on a 2k game lol. That $5 coupon is only good for use on other EA Sports games.

I bought dark souls and nba 2k12 then when I got home and opened the games, I noticed the dark souls case was damaged. One of the latches on the case was broken off so it won't close all the way, does kmart accept exchanges for this type of thing or do I have to keep my case that won't close all the way.

Thanks

[quote name='Mad39er']Losing faith in Kmart, a decided lack of interest in this thread and answering the MW3 Hardened edition availability question have me doubting. They tease that they got their allocations but not so much as a peep about anything else.[/QUOTE]

They are simply not the store to go for for Collectors Editions. They're too expensive/risky of an investment for such a small store without a pre-order program. Publisher also don't like to help out with discounting them, thus the stacks of huge box Collectors Editions still sitting at $80-$150 at many stores.

They are the store for new release games week of release for $40 or less plus bonuses every week.

I picked up Dark Souls today no problem. Since I was using a $15 coupon, I also grabbed a points card to push me over $45 and got the 5,000 bonus SYWR points. Very happy with Kmart again.

[quote name='DomLando']Picked up Rage and NBA 2K12. Both coupons printed out and got the SYWR 10,000 bonus points with no issues. The only problem I run into is I have to go to Kmart on the morning of release day, since my local stores only get in a few copies of each game.[/QUOTE]

Did you ring them up as separate transactions or 1??

[quote name='jer7583']They are simply not the store to go for for Collectors Editions. They're too expensive/risky of an investment for such a small store without a pre-order program. Publisher also don't like to help out with discounting them, thus the stacks of huge box Collectors Editions still sitting at $80-$150 at many stores.

They are the store for new release games week of release for $40 or less plus bonuses every week.[/QUOTE]

+1 It would help if publishers made CE's worth getting, besides the usual download vouchers.

picked up dark souls this morning, decided not to use my FIFA coupon and just save it so that I could get the bonus points. Bonus points printed on the receipt, coupon printed out (and the clerk even told me it was going to print out BEFORE it did, even though there was no sign about it yet), and when I could not find the game I had asked her and she said something like "oh, that's one of the new games and it's right here" and she showed me that I was (once again) staring right at it.

This KMart is the best KMart. Oh, and the clerk was an older lady, probably like 40 or 45, which I usually presume will not know anything about the video games I'm asking about. So that'll learn me I guess!

Picked up RAGE and used my two coupons from last week to get the game for a WHOPPING $25. Wanted the bonus points so I also picked up a 1600 MS Point card. Knowing that $44.98 is NOT equal to $45 (math is your friend!) I looked for something else to add and to my surprise, Kmart has 16 packs of Slim Jims (the small ones) on sale for only $1.50 a pack! Holy shit!
I am the proud owner of 64 Slim Jims.

[quote name='boogie4114']What made you think you can use an EA coupon on a 2k game lol. That $5 coupon is only good for use on other EA Sports games.[/QUOTE]

^ Thank you. It is reassuring to know that it was buyer error. That being said; another good week at Kmart :)

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Thank you. It is reassuring to know that it was buyer error. That being said; another good week at Kmart :)[/QUOTE]

The one problem that I've had with my closer KMart is that I could not get that coupon to work on anything. The clerks kept saying that it was for a 2011 game, so the 2012 games would not work. I tried to explain and it was like trying to fuck a brick wall with somebody else's dick, so I finally snapped and yelled at the clerk and she did an override. So, uh, I guess it was an OK experience, except that I felt like an ass for yelling about 5 dollars afterwards.

Brick, NJ and Wall stores reported that they do not have Dark Souls or Rage over the phone.

Howell, NJ not only had both, but store associate Andrew recognized the names of the games when I asked for them on the phone and didn't even have to look to know they were in (They were both on the shelf when I got in). I also picked up a Euro Pro toaster oven. Got 18,000 bonus points and both $20 coupons printed fine. Very happy, Josh!

Good experience at Store #03483. Picked up Rage for 360 (surprised to see it come with a slipcover) with no problems. Used my $20 coupon from GoW3. $20 gaming coupon printed out. The only problem with this store is that it does not put up games on release days on the shelves. They store them in the front drawer under the cash register in electronics. I couldn't get in on the 5000 point deal for SYWR program because none of the stores near me are participating in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back