KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Is diggin' the Batman Arkham City deal. From a real estate perspective it was really on an island the third week of October. Once I saw where the bar was set I just really tried to maneuver the chess pieces to do something cool with this one.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree this deal rocks, Amazon lost a total of 5 game purchases from me beginning with this Batman, thank you Kmart!

Josh,
Even though BF 3 hasn't gone gold yet, it is confirmed to still be coming out on the 25th? It won't have a last-minute cancel/delay like NBA Elite 11?

For the Batman deal Josh, will you be able to reveal the design of the shirt? Also are there going to be multiple sizes to pick from or is it going to be one size fits all?

Hey Josh - Will Kmart be getting the edition of Battlefield 3 that comes with the "Back to Karkland" content in it? It seems like every store is posting Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition as $59.99 and saying that it includes the "Karkland" content.

I'm thinking the Battlefield 3 "Limited edition" will be like the Medal of Honor "limited edition" or Crysis 2 "limited edition" where it basically just means "brand new and includes a code for multiplayer", but I want to make sure. If Kmart isn't getting that edition of Battlefield 3, I'll have to get it elsewhere.

Thanks for all the great deals! You've won me over :)

Will Kmart be stocking many copies of the Zelda: Skyward Sword w/remote bundle? I'm gonna need a motion plus remote to play the game, so I figure this is the version to get. I assume it'll be eligible for the same coupon as the regular edition, right?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Josh,
Even though BF 3 hasn't gone gold yet, it is confirmed to still be coming out on the 25th? It won't have a last-minute cancel/delay like NBA Elite 11?[/QUOTE]

Battlefield is a huge game. It will not be canceled, and I doubt a delay is on the books although it is not impossible.

NBA Elite was a special case: A game that would have been utterly destroyed had it been released last year, so EA made the smart move and decided to take some time off from the NBA to reinvent their franchise.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Will Kmart be stocking many copies of the Zelda: Skyward Sword w/remote bundle? I'm gonna need a motion plus remote to play the game, so I figure this is the version to get. I assume it'll be eligible for the same coupon as the regular edition, right?[/QUOTE]

curious about this too.

Also, in for Arkham City, great deal!

[quote name='coldstreakd']Battlefield is a huge game. It will not be canceled, and I doubt a delay is on the books although it is not impossible.

NBA Elite was a special case: A game that would have been utterly destroyed had it been released last year, so EA made the smart move and decided to take some time off from the NBA to reinvent their franchise.[/QUOTE]

Well if you listen to IGN's podcasts & read the Kotaku article from the big BF 3 media day last week then BF 3 is just a small step above Elite in terms of polish at the same point of time.

After playing the beta, the game looks and plays just like COD, and maybe even a little bit worse. I know it's called a beta, but the game is less than a month from release so there won't be huge improvements in the retail build. It may look a lot better on the PC, but I think COD will still sell a lot more copies than Battlefield 3. I will still get Battlefield 3, but I'm not expecting a huge AAA title after my experience with the beta.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well if you listen to IGN's podcasts & read the Kotaku article from the big BF 3 media day last week then BF 3 is just a small step above Elite in terms of polish at the same point of time.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure I can believe that. Elite was utterly broken, so much so it was not salvageable. Battlefield 3 was nowhere near as bad, from what I've played. It doesn't help that the blog in question is Kotaku, either. I'll see what other impressions I can find, though.

[quote name='EducAsian']After playing the beta, the game looks and plays just like COD, and maybe even a little bit worse. I know it's called a beta, but the game is less than a month from release so there won't be huge improvements in the retail build. It may look a lot better on the PC, but I think COD will still sell a lot more copies than Battlefield 3. I will still get Battlefield 3, but I'm not expecting a huge AAA title after my experience with the beta.[/QUOTE]

Dice has stated that the beta was a already a month old when it was released. I'd expect significant improvements in the final product. I'm not saying everything will be fixed and perfect, but it should be a better experience.

[quote name='EducAsian']After playing the beta, the game looks and plays just like COD, and maybe even a little bit worse. I know it's called a beta, but the game is less than a month from release so there won't be huge improvements in the retail build. It may look a lot better on the PC, but I think COD will still sell a lot more copies than Battlefield 3. I will still get Battlefield 3, but I'm not expecting a huge AAA title after my experience with the beta.[/QUOTE]

The Battlefield 3 beta is using an older build of the game. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/the-beta-and-battlefield-3/

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Will Kmart be stocking many copies of the Zelda: Skyward Sword w/remote bundle? I'm gonna need a motion plus remote to play the game, so I figure this is the version to get. I assume it'll be eligible for the same coupon as the regular edition, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sillymonkey321']curious about this too. [/QUOTE]

Unless things have changed, Kmart won't have the Zelda+goldmote bundle, but they will have the standalone software. I think Stockboy is the one who confirmed this while back. I actually went ahead and preordered thru Amazon right after he posted

[quote name='rbarba4']Unless things have changed, Kmart won't have the Zelda+goldmote bundle, but they will have the standalone software. I think Stockboy is the one who confirmed this while back. I actually went ahead and preordered thru Amazon right after he posted[/QUOTE]

You are correct. This is what Stock Boy said in the 6.0 thread on 9/1:

"The gold remote bundle is actually going to be a preorder only item...so to answer you question, no we won't have it in our stores with any kind of deal."

[quote name='x360x']Hey does anybody know if Kmart is going to be carrying the new wireless speed wheel for the 360? I want to use my Forza 4 coupon on it if its gonna be carried in the store. If Josh or anyone else knows this I'd be glad to know to plan my coupon use out. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Didn't see anybody answer this, so I'll answer.
The wireless wheels ARE being carried, but I don't know if it's a limited allotment or how widespread it is. I've seen it at three of my local Kmarts, but pretty much just one per store as far as I saw. But yes, Kmart IS carrying the item.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm not sure I can believe that. Elite was utterly broken, so much so it was not salvageable. Battlefield 3 was nowhere near as bad, from what I've played. It doesn't help that the blog in question is Kotaku, either. I'll see what other impressions I can find, though.[/QUOTE]

At the EA event last week they were using what was supposed to be close to the gold PC version and it crashed 12 times on the writer.

I'm a bigger BF than CoD fan but I can't think the beta has hurt more than helped BF. There's going to have to be Batman level deals to get people on the fence to buy before MW3.

[quote name='MSUHitman']At the EA event last week they were using what was supposed to be close to the gold PC version and it crashed 12 times on the writer.

I'm a bigger BF than CoD fan but I can't think the beta has hurt more than helped BF. There's going to have to be Batman level deals to get people on the fence to buy before MW3.[/QUOTE]
You really think it sells that badly? There's no way this sells less than several million units through the holiday. Bad Company 2 had an equally as rough beta, and it went on to do, IIRC, 7 million worldwide. Battlefield 3 will at the least tie that given hype and marketing, so it's going to do fine. It's not going to struggle.

I read 1Up's preview and they didn't seem to have any truly bad issues. The worst thing they said was they were disappointed it wasn't more evolved than COD, and that's not much of an insult.

I bought that wireless speed wheel today and it is amazing. Obviously not as good as a great real wheel, but also not a PITA to set up, and not $150.

Best Buy has a setup/display with one and I highly recommend you check it out. It's leagues above the controller. I was playing outrun with it tonight and did much better than I could with a controller, and the forza 4 demo feels amazing. It may sound weird, and it kind of looks just like a wii remote with a controller shell, but it's nothing like that.

my only complaint was that it has no RB/LB buttons so i wasn't able to play hydro thunder hurricane with it, since those are used for boost and jump. So beware of that, if you can't configure buttons in the game you wanted to use it with. Also, NFS:Most Wanted did not work well mostly because it seemed to be tuned for a controller and had a huge dead zone where the turning was unresponsive. I doubt any racing wheel would fare much better on that old game.

I think BF3 is going to be a big stinky turd flop launch. As much as I want something to challenge modern warfare, that ain't it. I'm not buying either one.(at least not until a serious price drop) Gears 3 is my online shooter for the season, i don't need another one.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']You really think it sells that badly? There's no way this sells less than several million units through the holiday. Bad Company 2 had an equally as rough beta, and it went on to do, IIRC, 7 million worldwide. Battlefield 3 will at the least tie that given hype and marketing, so it's going to do fine. It's not going to struggle.
[/QUOTE]

No one is worried about BF3 struggling. They're worrying about it not surpassing MW3 sales. It's great that it will sell 7 million or more, but EA wants to sell more than Activision to have more market share. The Beta definitely hurt more than it helped. It was one of the worst Betas I have played to date. I definitely won't be picking up BF3 and I was hyped as hell for it.

well even if BF3 was the best game ever made it wouldn't outsell MW3. There are literally like 9 million dumbasses out there who will by that game no matter what content it has in it.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I just realized that the coupon deals is equal to a buy 2 get 1 free...[/QUOTE]

Buy 1 get one half off actually. The two $30 coupons couldn't be used on the same title, because before tax the game is $59.99, not $60. Coupons cant exceed the cost of the game.

[quote name='advanced']Buy 1 get one half off actually. The two $30 coupons couldn't be used on the same title, because before tax the game is $59.99, not $60. Coupons cant exceed the cost of the game.[/QUOTE]

This actually was not the case for me. Like I have stated previously in this thread, I have used $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game before (LA Noire). The cashier even owed me a penny. He even asked the manager to come over and verify that he did everything correctly and he did verify that the transaction is correct. So either I got lucky, or it is YMMV. I will attempt to do the same thing for BAC. I have $75 worth of coupons and I will be using $60 of that towards BAC.

Been going to Kmart ever since I was put onto the LA Noire deal. This Batman deal is amazing, looking forward to October 18th. :) Good job Josh!

~Smoke7

Wow, the deal on Arkham City is awesome. I'm tempted, but the one K-Mart in my city absolutely sucks when it comes to stocking the games that are in the ad. Don't know if it'd be worth it to cancel my preorder and wake up super early to go to K-Mart at opening only to find out they're not carrying it or only had two copies that were gone five minutes after opening.

woot thanks for the coupon deal for batman! told all my friends and they were like" I'd rather have robin" ... weird...

also, it's weird but when I bought gears 3 they had like 2 of the deus ex prints behind the register left over, I think, from launch... are the employees supposed to know to hand these out to purchasers automatically? or do they give them out if people ask about it? or is it just how the store wants to work? asking cuz the batman shirt might fall in that line of questions...

and once again thanks for the great deal(s)

[quote name='DarkRider23']No one is worried about BF3 struggling. They're worrying about it not surpassing MW3 sales. It's great that it will sell 7 million or more, but EA wants to sell more than Activision to have more market share. The Beta definitely hurt more than it helped. It was one of the worst Betas I have played to date. I definitely won't be picking up BF3 and I was hyped as hell for it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. BF3 is easily the worst beta I've ever played. It killed what interest I had in the game. I may still pick it up someday, but thanks to the beta it's not a priority.

I understand it's a beta, but it's just so awful.

Went to Kmart, grabbed my Forza 3 Limited Edition and did an impulse buy of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Both coupons printed no problem.

Pretty bummed that Kmart is pretty much done with Limited Editions through the fall (except for CoD, which I don't care about at all) but I hope I can still get as many non-LE games there as I can. I know the market isn't huge for Limited Editions, but I know there's gotta be at least a few guys out there like me that love LE's but don't want to deal with GameStop or waiting on Amazon's shipping. I'd much rather support Kmart than anywhere else, but I fully understand being hesitant to stock LEs. I saw a LittleBigPlanet 2 Limited Edition still sitting at a nearby store, Halo Reach LE's everywhere and Ass Bros boxes everywhere as well, not to mention all the room taken up by the Mortal Kombat LE. Hopefully online orders will happen sooner than later. Shame I'm going to miss out on the Batman deal, but I just gotta have more statues on my shelves...

[quote name='DarkRider23']No one is worried about BF3 struggling. They're worrying about it not surpassing MW3 sales. It's great that it will sell 7 million or more, but EA wants to sell more than Activision to have more market share. The Beta definitely hurt more than it helped. It was one of the worst Betas I have played to date. I definitely won't be picking up BF3 and I was hyped as hell for it.[/QUOTE]

Dice and Ea have already said they know they will not sell more than MW3 and that is not their goal this fall. They just want to take as much market share from Call of Duty as possible. I am surprised to hear about the beta though because Battlefield always seemed like it wanted to be more original, so to hear that it has dumbed itself down is disappointing even though I have had enough of the first person military shooters.

[quote name='newtype06']Pretty new to buying at Kmart: Will there be a midnight release for Batman?[/QUOTE]

Nope, unless your Kmart is open 24 hours but even then I wouldn't go in expecting to be able to get the game.

Waiting 15 minutes so far in Wall, NJ to buy DR2:OtR and Resonance of Fate. Either someone is in electronics and there's no games on release day, or vice versa.

Edit: she finally shows up, and her name tag says under her name, "Electroinics Lead." /facepalm

The Kmart by me already has shelf space marked for this/next weeks games when I went yesterday to scope it out. For those of you that are there early AM, does the system seem to be updated and everything working smooth?

So my Kmart didn't have Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. This store's a joke. There was only like 2 people in the whole store... how do they stay in business? o_O

Target's Batman deal: Free Dark Knight blu-ray/dvd with purchase of Batman: AC. My guess is that if you don't already own the Dark Knight, you aren't interested in the Batman game. Kmart wins again!!!

It sounded like total doom and gloom for Battlefield 3 sales, so that's what I was responding to. It certainly won't outsell MW3, though it doesn't really have to. EA may be positioning it as a usurper of the throne, but that's just marketing to gain mindshare. A lot of my friends are more casual about games than I am, and whereas before they didn't really think of or care much about the Battlefield series, now they do. Just getting attention is a huge victory for EA. COD will implode eventually, and if the FPS genre doesn't collapse with it, EA might stand to benefit.

EA shot themselves in the foot badly by releasing a beta from a 3 1/2 month old build a month before release. EA admitted that it was the PC Alpha from June, except they poorted it to the consoles. Read some previews, the game as it stands now is great. It looks worthy of a day 1 release. EA just released the beta at a terrible time and that will hurt sales to a degree.

Won't most people eventually buy both Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3? I know I will, though not right away. I'm about to pre-order BF3 on Origin for PS3. I can wait for a $25 sale on MW3 and I'll get BF3 for PC someday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back