KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AJVtony831']I don't get why he is still around[/QUOTE]

I'm around because I am a CAG'er and I like the benefit of scoping out hot deals weeks in advance, and also to inform people of my experience and to let them know what is possible. Why are you still around??

[quote name='SPVietBoy']i will say ppl have posted gettin the penny back. only issue is he's making it seem like store policy "OMG, you used more in coupons than ur cost!please wait while we give u money!!! corporate policy dictates that we must!" no. its cool IF u got the penny back. but dont act as if everyone will get it. as u said urself, the manager had to come over and override/allow the transaction.

also, i sadly just got it... EducAsian... education...
:applause::applause::applause:\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/:wall::wall::wall::bow::bow::bow::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::whistle2:\":whistle2:\":whistle2:\":dunce::dunce::dunce::rofl::rofl::rofl:
*sighs* shows u how bad the american education system is (and please don't comment on grammar or spelling or any of the like. i've already gone through it)[/QUOTE]

You are a genius! EducAsian is actually a little inside joke between me and some friends...but that is another story for another day. And are you really Viet? If you are then....DU MA MAI! Lol, JK!

Picked up my PS3 copy at the Chili, NY location just before closing time. Took a while for someone at the Electronic's dept. to finally show up, but some nice lady from the Auto dept kept me company while she called for someone to come.

Overall, a decent experience. Looked like they only had about 2 copies left for the PS3 and about 5 for the 360. What I didn't care for was that the PS3 copies were behind this giant ESRB sticker on the glass, so you really had to look for the game. Otherwise, you'd think there wasn't a PS3 copy there at all if someone just quickly glanced.

I went to the one in White Plains, NY at 5pm.

They said i was the second person all day to buy the 360 version and they hadnt sold a ps3 version. There must of been 20 copies of each still sitting there. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

They also for some weird reason made me walk the game over to the counter where they sell hot dogs and check it out there.

[quote name='mjoa123']How are you guys enjoying AC? No spoilers obviously... I'm not opening my copy until Friday because of exams/work. :([/QUOTE]

The game is pretty amazing, you'll have a blast Friday. Just be sure to install the catwoman content prior to starting the story.

Mr. Chow, what are your thoughts on Batman AC?

All sold out of BOTH versions at the Rosemead, CA store after work...the lady at the electronics section said they went fast.

Any chance that they Kmart gets a restock before this deal is over? This blows...what am I supposed to do take a day off work to get one of the 5 copies they likely had to begin with? Jeeeeze.

[quote name='JDMxB']All sold out of BOTH versions at the Rosemead, CA store after work...the lady at the electronics section said they went fast.

Any chance that they Kmart gets a restock before this deal is over? This blows...what am I supposed to do take a day off work to get one of the 5 copies they likely had to begin with? Jeeeeze.[/QUOTE]

Ahh... man, totally in the same boat as you. I mean Seattle's a pretty major city as it is, and they couldn't muster a sufficient supply here haha.

[quote name='mjoa123']my store had a few left if you want pay me $90 and i'll send u the game and both coupons. i do this cus im nice[/QUOTE]

Ok I had to laugh.

[quote name='mjoa123']my store had a few left if you want pay me $90 and i'll send u the game and both coupons. i do this cus im nice[/QUOTE]

Is that you Charlie Sheen?

[quote name='ComTruise']Tried to go to the Seattle store to pick up Batman, but there were no copies. I couldn't tell if they sold out today, or if they haven't gotten their shipment yet, because there was a label there, and they tend to leave labels out for even future releases. The clerk was no help, as he never knows what's going with the video game dept.[/QUOTE]

I was there shortly after opening. At least one person had already bought a copy before me. There were only a handful of Xbox copies, and about the same amount of PS3 copies. This K-Mart never stocks more a few copies of any title, even the new release ones being advertised. In case you couldn't tell, it's not exactly a store that moves a lot of games that don't come with gamer coupons.

They also only had like three copies of Ratchet & Clank.

Guys, this is sort of random, but I only own a PS3, and I really want to get Mass Effect 2. The thing is I have never played and can't play Mass Effect 1. What should I do? Story is a huge part of games for me, so is it important? Does ME2 work as a stand alone? Thanks.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']The game is pretty amazing, you'll have a blast Friday. Just be sure to install the catwoman content prior to starting the story.

Mr. Chow, what are your thoughts on Batman AC?[/QUOTE]

I am loving the game so far. Game play is fantastic, and graphics are super clean. Only downside was having to wait some time for the 1.8 GB install, lol.

[quote name='mjoa123']Guys, this is sort of random, but I only own a PS3, and I really want to get Mass Effect 2. The thing is I have never played and can't play Mass Effect 1. What should I do? Story is a huge part of games for me, so is it important? Does ME2 work as a stand alone? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I hear they have like a 10 minute intro or ssomething that fills you in on the first game....I HATE how they ported it over.

why cant exclusives stay exclusives???

[quote name='merchie89']I hear they have like a 10 minute intro or ssomething that fills you in on the first game....I HATE how they ported it over.

why cant exclusives stay exclusives???[/QUOTE]

Unless a game is made by a first party developer owned by either Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo, it will most likely be a multiplat nowadays. 2nd and 3rd party developers just can't afford to lose out on millions of dollars of potential sales by going multiplat. I'm not sure what the exact install base is for both systems but it's something like around 30 million each for the PS3 and Xbox 360. By staying exclusive, a game is missing out on a potential 30 million prospective buyers.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I was there shortly after opening. At least one person had already bought a copy before me. There were only a handful of Xbox copies, and about the same amount of PS3 copies. This K-Mart never stocks more a few copies of any title, even the new release ones being advertised. In case you couldn't tell, it's not exactly a store that moves a lot of games that don't come with gamer coupons.

They also only had like three copies of Ratchet & Clank.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you! So I guess they're sold out. Looks like I'm crap out of luck this week. The only other Kmart that has stock is a 40 minute drive from my place, but I don't feel like going that far.

Well I went to Everett, WA. They were sold out of both copies of Arkham City and said they only got 5 copies in of each. This is looking bad...last year I could get release games like a hot knife in butter. Now I am starting to doubt If its even worth paying to go out hoping the games are put out or not sold out. Becoming not worth the time...

Picked up arkham at toys r us. Was sad to lose out of the war of the north 10 dollar coupon. Loved champions of norrath from snowblind, but with games coming out before black friday the last few years it's just worth being patient.

Sold out at my kmart :c
Got there are 10pm though since i worked all day. I hope they restock tomorrow or sometime later this week. Would suck to miss out on this deal.

Got my Batman copy for 360 without a hitch. The guys in the electronics department is also pretty cool. They knew about the promotion and all that.

Well, Josh. I must say, you've done a kick ass job at promoting and bringing KMart back into our mind as the stop for new releases. You just made me spent $120 (net $100) at KMart this month.... AND being happy to do so. Not to mention I'm looking forward to spending another $60 (net $30) in the near future at KMart. That's $150 net for KMart that didn't go to competition! And the best part: Customers are happy in forking out the money! lol Good job!

Josh - How many uncharted 3 ps3 system bundles are stores supposed to be getting? I was gonna get a ps3 this week but some unexpected expenses came up and this deal is too good to pass up.

Also during the first week if I also say bought a $39.99 game would I just pay the $5 or so difference?

[quote name='EducAsian']I'm around because I am a CAG'er[/QUOTE]
You are not a CAG. You are an asshole and a troll. An annoying asshole and an annoying troll. Go away.

Very excited to hear that Kmart will get a few copies of the Zelda Wiimote bundle. Was about to skip the game completely since I didn't want to order the bundle elsewhere, but with Kmart carrying it, it's back on my list.
Really tempted to pick Batman up this week anyways just for the coupon and then Goozex away the game. Just pondering if it's going to be worth it in the long run or not.

[quote name='mjoa123']Guys, this is sort of random, but I only own a PS3, and I really want to get Mass Effect 2. The thing is I have never played and can't play Mass Effect 1. What should I do? Story is a huge part of games for me, so is it important? Does ME2 work as a stand alone? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You'll understand the story, but you'll be missing out on a lot of information. And I mean a lot. It's better to play ME before buying ME2 IMO. Borrow an Xbox for a weekend or something. You can power through ME in 15-20 hours or so if you just focus on the main story line.

[quote name='ComTruise']Ahh... man, totally in the same boat as you. I mean Seattle's a pretty major city as it is, and they couldn't muster a sufficient supply here haha.[/QUOTE]

Yea I mean is this a great deal? Sure -- but when only 5 people can get in on it, you gotta question it a little bit. Just frustrated at the moment, since I now have a $20 GC from Forza I was planning on using for Batman. Next time i'll just stick with Amazon, sure it may not be AS much of a GC being offered, but at least you know you'll get one and it won't sell out.

[quote name='merchie89']I hear they have like a 10 minute intro or ssomething that fills you in on the first game....I HATE how they ported it over.

why cant exclusives stay exclusives???[/QUOTE]

Technically, the ME games were never exclusive since they were also on PC.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Josh - How many uncharted 3 ps3 system bundles are stores supposed to be getting? I was gonna get a ps3 this week but some unexpected expenses came up and this deal is too good to pass up.

Also during the first week if I also say bought a $39.99 game would I just pay the $5 or so difference?[/QUOTE]
anyone know if there will be a separate uncharted 3 deal for the game only? i bought arkham city today and would like to use my coupon towards uncharted 3 if it comes w/ a $25 or $30 coupon.

ah shit. realized i have two of the same coupons... i have to use these on separate transactions even if i have two different eligible items right? such a pita but i guess its necessary

I've been away from this thread for too many posts. Has anything been mentioned in regards to the other kmart thread that was posted and mentioned new clearance drops? I'm just wondering if those were YMMV or universal...

[quote name='SPVietBoy']realized i have two of the same coupons... i have to use these on separate transactions even if i have two different eligible items right?[/QUOTE]
That's right.

[quote name='EducAsian']I'm around because I am a CAG'er and I like the benefit of scoping out hot deals weeks in advance, and also to inform people of my experience and to let them know what is possible. Why are you still around??[/QUOTE]

Got the A right.

I was not planning on getting Batman right away, but could not pass up this $30 coupon offer.

I picked up an xbox copy at the Babylon, NY store. A small K-mart sign near the game promoted the $30 coupon AND a free Batman T-shirt. T-shirt would have been a nice surprise, but clerk (being very helpful, making a few calls) was unable to locate the T-shirts.

Anyone else see the T-shirt offer or get one?

[quote name='mike95']I was not planning on getting Batman right away, but could not pass up this $30 coupon offer.

I picked up an xbox copy at the Babylon, NY store. A small K-mart sign near the game promoted the $30 coupon AND a free Batman T-shirt. T-shirt would have been a nice surprise, but clerk (being very helpful, making a few calls) was unable to locate the T-shirts.

Anyone else see the T-shirt offer or get one?[/QUOTE]
There are no T-Shirts. Deal was changed. Should have gotten the $30 coupon plus another $10 coupon off the upcoming LotR game.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Having kept up with this thread all day, I can say with confidence that everyone else has had that issue. Just email Josh and I'm sure he'll take care of it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply! I scanned back a couple pages before posting and hadn't caught wind. I emailed Josh....had an issue many months ago and he took care of it lickety split! No worries.

[quote name='anthonyd46']I went to the one in White Plains, NY at 5pm.

They said i was the second person all day to buy the 360 version and they hadnt sold a ps3 version. There must of been 20 copies of each still sitting there. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

They also for some weird reason made me walk the game over to the counter where they sell hot dogs and check it out there.[/QUOTE]

The cashier person must not have been there in the morning. My friend and I went at 9 and there were several people lined up to purchase the game.

I have no idea why they had you check out at the food stand. Must have been an issue with the register.

I was able to get the coupons to print out for Batman: AC with no problem. Twenty minutes later, I also received an email from Kmart with the digital copy of my receipt and coupons. I didn't know Kmart would send out emails with the electronic copies. Very impressed!

I bought Batman: AC with no problems. I never do because if they don't remember if they rebooted their register, they reboot it before I purchase a game to make sure the coupons print out. They said during a reboot is the only time the new promo offers load.

Josh, would have spent more money at K-Mart if the coupons for Ratchet and Clank would have worked. I know I can purchase it now and you'll take care of it but I think it might be a good thing to use against IT that their inability to setup the promo correctly has directly impacted customer sales. Most corporations look at IT as bottom line suckers anyways. Let us know when it's fixed and I'll buy it. (I'm going to buy it regardless by the end of the week).

[quote name='mike95']I was not planning on getting Batman right away, but could not pass up this $30 coupon offer.[/QUOTE]

I was the same way. Thanks for the heads up and the deal! I'm a college student on a very limited gaming budget, so this allowed me to get Arkham City and Super Mario 3D Land (plan on using my coupon for it) without having to skimp on groceries :D

I also really want an idea of the couponage coming for coming games, Battlefield 3 and Uncharted. Getting MW3 and Skyrim for my birthday!

I've read that Kmart is bringing back clearance for all those games that are 19.99. Is this true? Can anyone from Kmart confirm that there are more price drops?

Wnet yesterday to my local Kmart, and was planning on getting the new Layton for DS, but they didnt have it. Used my $20 coupon from Rage and got Batman for 360. Also wasnt planning to get it on release, but the $30 coupon is just to good to pass.

Any ideas if/when we will get a coupon with Uncharted 3 ?? Looking forward to that and the new Mario And Zelda also coming.

As long as your redeem/download the online pass (called Cerberus Network) then you get a 10-15 minute motion comic from Dark Horse that explains the story of ME 1 and lets you make the 5 biggest decisions in that game. It starts right after the opening scene.

The only thing you miss out on are some side quests that take place involving characters from ME 1 (I have played and beaten both versions.) It's not a perfect solution, but with MS having an ironclad agreement keeping ME 1 exclusive to 360, PC (unlike 3rd party Japanese games like Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean 4, and Ninja Gaiden 2) then it's the best you're going to get on PS3. Remember Mass Effect was supposed to be a Microsoft exclusive series before EA bought Bioware/Pandemic.

If you do end up getting ME 2, come on by the ME threads in the 360 forum. We're more active there than the PS3 section is and there's a group of players that can help you with anything involving the game.

If your coupon printed, and you take the game back and rebuy it, does the first $30 coupon become automatically null and void, or will another just not print? Haven't heard back from Josh yet (obviously he's super busy, so this is understandable), but my fall break is done tomorrow and I haven't been able to open up my Arkham City in fear that the employee who sold me the game pocketed my voucher. So wodering if just taking back and rebuying is the best bet.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']If your coupon printed, and you take the game back and rebuy it, does the first $30 coupon become automatically null and void, or will another just not print? Haven't heard back from Josh yet (obviously he's super busy, so this is understandable), but my fall break is done tomorrow and I haven't been able to open up my Arkham City in fear that the employee who sold me the game pocketed my voucher. So wodering if just taking back and rebuying is the best bet.[/QUOTE]

That's the way its supposed to work. If you want to make sure you get a $30 coupon for yourself (sounds fishy to me as well) then that's what I'd do. Return then rebuy.

Got myself on the "coupon train" with the Batman AC purchase.

Looking forward to the rest of the year, what are everyone's expections for coupon amounts on the following games:

- Uncharted 3
- Modern Warfare 3
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Mario Kart 7

*I'm guessing $20 on the PS3/360 games (maybe $15 on MGS) and $10 on the 3DS games

I'm just trying to plan out where I should focus on buying these games from

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back