KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... I like the Doritos/Dew coupon idea. I might get in on this. I know my store has the Double XP 12-packs available. My store rocks.

[quote name='mguiddy']That would entirely depend on your store and how helpful the employees are.
Also, it's questionable that there'd actually be more in the shipment.
When we sold out of Dead Island on released day, I don't know 100% if we got more in before Sunday... possibly, I can't recall for sure though. I'd wager we didn't though.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like I will call later and just be very hopeful! Thank you for the info.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Me too, in all honesty, Battlefield is almost tracking too big to do a combo points offer from an expense standpoint. This may be EA's biggest release ever.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Bigger than Madden? I am a little shocked by that!

Not to sound like a dumbass but is the bf3 purchase required to get the sony headphones for $70? Or could I just buy the sony headphones for $70? Thanks!

Just wondering, how do returns work with a gaming coupon? Say I end up returning Arkham City, do I get refunded $30? Or can i return the coupon for a full refund? And how about on items that i used the coupon on? If i use the coupon on a game and then return it, do i get the coupon back? Or does it go out to pasture like Amazon promotional credit?

[quote name='JP73']Just wondering, how do returns work with a gaming coupon? Say I end up returning Arkham City, do I get refunded $30? Or can i return the coupon for a full refund? And how about on items that i used the coupon on? If i use the coupon on a game and then return it, do i get the coupon back? Or does it go out to pasture like Amazon promotional credit?[/QUOTE]
Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick answer.

And I understand, no offense taken. But no, anything fishy did not even cross my mind. But with this deal, NHL 12 for 40 bucks next week, and a 50 buck coupon with the Uncharted 3 bundle, it looks like i will be going to Kmart more often in the weeks to come and I just want to be familiar with their return policy, especially since many of my purchases will involve coupons. Thanks again

Glad to hear there are measures being taken to prevent scamming. :applause:

Would probably be a good idea to add that post to the OP somewhere.

Noob questions about the headsets:
1) Does the Sony 7.1 headset work on 360? (doubt it, but thought I'd ask anyway)
2) Is the turtlebeach x12 worth getting even if you don't get the DSS attachment?

Josh, any insight on how good the Batman deal has done? I guess in regards to new signups, or sell-through of product.

Dunno if this was asked already, but this deal spread around to a few high profile boards/sites.

[quote name='yuyak']Noob questions about the headsets:
1) Does the Sony 7.1 headset work on 360? (doubt it, but thought I'd ask anyway)
2) Is the turtlebeach x12 worth getting even if you don't get the DSS attachment?[/QUOTE]
1. I say no since its bluetooth
2. yes they work great, unless you have elitist ears, then no...

and BAM!

• From 10/23 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $10 gaming coupon with purchase of Pokemon Rumble Blast for 3DS
• From 10/23 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Kirby’s Return to Dreamland for Wii
• From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase... of Dance Central 2 for XB360
•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Kinect Sports Season 2 for XB360
•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Disney Universe for PS3, XB360, or Wii

•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $20 gaming coupon with purchase of Battlefield 3 for PS3 or XB360 and can save $20 on Turtle Beach X-12 Headphones or $30 on the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset when bought in the same purchase.

[quote name='yuyak']Noob questions about the headsets:
2) Is the turtlebeach x12 worth getting even if you don't get the DSS attachment?[/QUOTE]
1) No 2) I dont know what that is

[quote name='nnthomas']Josh, any insight on how good the Batman deal has done? I guess in regards to new signups, or sell-through of product.

Dunno if this was asked already, but this deal spread around to a few high profile boards/sites.[/QUOTE]
Just have sales numbers at the moment but we have definitely exceeded our forecasts

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Enjoy!

I am working on getting approval on releasing part of the MW3 offer as well today.[/QUOTE]
part?

oh joy! :3

and it will work on the one copy of the hardened edition my Kmart will get right? thats what i love about kmart! buy any edition and a coupon would generally almost always print out (as long as it falls within launch and the normal version gets one) unlike amazon >_>

edit: and hopefully this one will have an online coupon for those that want the hardened and cant find it in stores...

[quote name='cubeenigma']1. I say no since its bluetooth
2. yes they work great, unless you have elitist ears, then no...
.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Okay, so I get the Batboots game, get $30, and then buy another game. BUT, I already have Gears of War 3 and Skyrim preordered via Amazon. I'm not sure if Battlefield 3 or MW3 will be the better game. How will Sonic Generations be (NOTE: Haven't gotten sonice game since SA2: Battle)? Ah, I wish I had a PS3 too!

You must become Batman in order to understand Batman. When I combo thugs, it's like, "What would Batman do?" Y'know? (rolls out of the way, then breaks a thug's leg)

Can't wait until these coupons go online. Trying to track down these games in my area is damn near impossible for me; the demand is just so much higher than the supply. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, I'm a bit jealous of everyone who has been able to get in on these deals.

Thanks again SHC-Gamer for coordinating all of these great deals for us.

Well its' a good thing (or bad?) that all the K-marts that even exist are in da ghetto. As long as I don't get shot, then I have a fair chance (Portal 2 was never even taken out of the box when the deal was in effect).:)

[quote name='Linkgx1']Okay, so I get the Batboots game, get $30, and then buy another game. BUT, I already have Gears of War 3 and Skyrim preordered via Amazon. I'm not sure if Battlefield 3 or MW3 will be the better game. How will Sonic Generations be (NOTE: Haven't gotten sonice game since SA2: Battle)? Ah, I wish I had a PS3 too![/QUOTE]

regarding battlefield 3 and mw3, most people love 1 & hate the other (multiplayer wise)....so you should really try them out to see which you prefer. For me, Mw3 hardened is a day 1 purchase, but I will wait for a sub $30 price on BF3 to at least play the campaign as I enjoyed the BF2 campaign more then the MW2 (although both were really good).

[quote name='sadboy']You must become Batman in order to understand Batman. When I combo thugs, it's like, "What would Batman do?" Y'know? (rolls out of the way, then breaks a thug's leg)
[/QUOTE]
Why don't you just combo anyone who cuts in front of you at Walmart?:bouncy:

[quote name='jdb230']regarding battlefield 3 and mw3, most people love 1 & hate the other (multiplayer wise)....so you should really try them out to see which you prefer. For me, Mw3 hardened is a day 1 purchase, but I will wait for a sub $30 price on BF3 to at least play the campaign as I enjoyed the BF2 campaign more then the MW2 (although both were really good).[/QUOTE]
Good points. I did like Black Ops a lot. Is MW3 gonna have Zombies?

Hey Josh,

I sent an email regarding my local Kmart and not having Batman AC available this week due to not having received it yet. I know they should have had it for release day, but they seem to be dropping the ball on getting these titles released on time. It's Kmart #4364

[quote name='Linkgx1']Why don't you just combo anyone who cuts in front of you at Walmart?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
It's because I have my own Batmarket. I don't wait in line.

I wish someone would make a full-fledged zombie FPS, Modern Warfare or Battlefield/Bad Company-style. Sort of a shooter, where zombies don't always run directly at you. You can see them from a distance, call strikes, lend your teammates a hand, maybe fight alongside former enemy factions. (sigh)

[quote name='Linkgx1']Good points. I did like Black Ops a lot. Is MW3 gonna have Zombies?[/QUOTE]

no it does not have zombies...that's a treyarch thing. And MW is developed by infinity ward. MW3 will feature spec-ops and a survival mode but it is limited to 2 players.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Okay, so I get the Batboots game, get $30, and then buy another game. BUT, I already have Gears of War 3 and Skyrim preordered via Amazon. I'm not sure if Battlefield 3 or MW3 will be the better game. How will Sonic Generations be (NOTE: Haven't gotten sonice game since SA2: Battle)? Ah, I wish I had a PS3 too![/QUOTE]

There is really no comparing BF3 to MW3. They are totally different style games in the same genre. There has never been a single player "campaign" in a true BF game before. Bad Company and Bad Company 2 are a standalone series that use the BF name, so it will be interesting to see how Dice does. MW games have single player campaigns figured out, lots of linear gameplay with over the top action.

Multiplayer wise COD games have smaller maps and are more about individual stats and quick paced action, whereas BF games tend to have larger maps and are more about the "Team" with objective based gameplay. It really boils down to your style of play.

I am buying BF3 day one and plan on hundreds of hours of multiplayer plus the campaign and then renting or borrowing MW3 just for the single player.

Maybe you should just wait and use the $30 coupon on the Uncharted PS3 bundle after NOV. 6th then use that $50 coupon on a game..............;)

[quote name='oakafanforlife']I sent an email regarding my local Kmart and not having Batman AC available this week due to not having received it yet. I know they should have had it for release day, but they seem to be dropping the ball on getting these titles released on time. It's Kmart #4364[/QUOTE]
Any store that "didnt receive" Batman needs some serious help before these other titles release.

[quote name='mguiddy']I had my heart set on a point card offer...[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for one as well. It was hinted that point card promotions would come up in fall, and I'm sitting on my hands with regard to the PSN store until they do.

[quote name='Rodster']Josh any news on the $9.99 games? (Heavy Rain, DS2 LE, Fable III) :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

He's said that stores have seven days to put the price changes into effect and that he'll post the list at the end of this week, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I have a question out of curiosity. We know that coupons can be traced to the account that generated them, and we know through experience that coupons can be used in a transaction with a different SYWR account than the one that received them. Now, for people who are graciously sharing their LotR coupons this week with other CAGs, will those mismatched coupon uses be something that catches attention? The coupon does not state that it in non-transferable, so I believe people are in the right by sharing them, but I wonder if it will be noticed should a significant number of accounts that didn't generate the coupon end up using one.

[quote name='sadboy']It's because I have my own Batmarket. I don't wait in line.

I wish someone would make a full-fledged zombie FPS, Modern Warfare or Battlefield/Bad Company-style. Sort of a shooter, where zombies don't always run directly at you. You can see them from a distance, call strikes, lend your teammates a hand, maybe fight alongside former enemy factions. (sigh)[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Left 4 Dead?

Silent Hill Downpour delayed. Oh, the one big release I've been looking forward to, thanks Konami. Well, at least the have time to polish it up.

[quote name='yuyak']Have you tried Left 4 Dead?[/QUOTE]

Well, he did say he didn't want a game where zombies always run at you, and let's face it, L4D is nothing but that. Times 10.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh, I have a question out of curiosity. We know that coupons can be traced to the account that generated them, and we know through experience that coupons can be used in a transaction with a different SYWR account than the one that received them. Now, for people who are graciously sharing their LotR coupons this week with other CAGs, will those mismatched coupon uses be something that catches attention? The coupon does not state that it in non-transferable, so I believe people are in the right by sharing them, but I wonder if it will be noticed should a significant number of accounts that didn't generate the coupon end up using one.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling the type of fraudulent activity Josh mentioned is more suspicious.
[quote name='yuyak']Have you tried Left 4 Dead?[/QUOTE]
There's not enough ambiance in the game. I'm thinking more in line of a game where you have to be alert, but not so much that you expect hoards of zombies to pop out wherever you go. Maybe a game with Walking Dead ambiance, but with enough gameplay/action elements to engage you. Your crew might be pitching a tent somewhere, and your job is to watch over your teammates. Maybe one zombie sneaks in, you don't know if there's only one or many behind it, and you choose a course of action that results in a subsequent reaction (a la you kill the zombie silently, alert your crew, and then decide whether to stay or go). lol

Just kidding about the "lol".

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Me too, in all honesty, Battlefield is almost tracking too big to do a combo points offer from an expense standpoint. This may be EA's biggest release ever.[/QUOTE]

Crazy - so you think BF3 is going to exceed all the considerable hype huh? I saw something today about EA unofficially confirming more than 2 million preorders - numbers in the range of black-ops from last year.

Do you think there is any chance BF3 actually outsells MW3 when its all said and done?

So, if I'm reading everything correctly, my $30+10 that I got from Batman will allow me to purchase LotR for $20... and it'll come with a $20 gaming coupon?

[quote name='Gabrius']So, if I'm reading everything correctly, my $30+10 that I got from Batman will allow me to purchase LotR for $20... and it'll come with a $20 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

yup!

Buy Kinect sports 2 --> get $15 coupon

Buy Kinect Sports + Kinect Sports 2 for $75

So if I buy both for $75 will I get the $15 coupon as well :D...I wish it worked this way :)

[quote name='harish7447']Buy Kinect sports 2 --> get $15 coupon

Buy Kinect Sports + Kinect Sports 2 for $75

So if I buy both for $75 will I get the $15 coupon as well :D...I wish it worked this way :)[/QUOTE]
i would assume since you still are buying kinect sports 2... and you savethe $25 on part one. its like those deals where you get a $20 GC and you save $20 on headphones or something. you can take advantage of both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back