KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Any word on midnight releases for BF3?[/QUOTE]

K-Mart doesn't do midnight releases. There are a handful of 24 hour locations, but I've never seen one and have no clue where they are located.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I just wanted to make sure that printing the coupon from the digital receipt would be accepted. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should work fine. HOWEVER, some KMart cashiers are wary of the printed coupons thanks to the problems the chain had with them last winter. They were all told during that time not to accept any, and some people have reported since the coupon system's rebirth that they were given skeptical looks.

Of course, with KMart's turnover rate, this is going to be less and less of a possibility each month, but if it did happen, would your in-laws be confident enough to insist?

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think you can get banned just for being annoying.

Although I would think saying "F your mom" to someone would have done it. But I don't think any of the mods are vietnamese.[/QUOTE]

Lol, good job Googling up that phrase! You are smart!

[quote name='jer7583']I got so sidetracked by the newest kmart thread troll that I forgot to ask my question -

please, let's get some coupon offer on 3DS Sonic in november, josh! Those games are so much more fun on a portable to me. I don't think of them really as console games anymore.

I already hated you, but now i know you're an idiot.
Why buy Battlefield 3/Modern Warfare 3 then? you know they're just going to make some Ultimate Game of the Year edition that includes all the DLC in 6 months, screw EVERY GAMING COMPANY OUT THERE

every time I read someone make this point I feel like they are about as intelligent as my grandmother would be about videogames.

If you buy a game and play it and like it a version that comes out later that is more "complete" does not make that a wasted purchase.
If you didn't buy a game and a version comes out later that is more "complete" it is to your benefit that you have the choice of the better version.
If you buy a game and don't like it and don't play it much you (hopefully) won't be dumb enough to spend your money on the more "complete" version of that game.

I really can't understand what there is to complain about. Or does every time a new version of a phone/TV/car/ipod/computer/tablet come out, you get upset because they're just ripping you off on the one you bought before they announced the new one? Grow up.

That you think it is $15 worth of content does not make that a fact. Plenty of people will get hundreds of hours of play from this game. Please though, buy it at $40 and play the single player for an hour. It's casual fans like you that make these games possible and fund them.

Strider is the only character that is not original. At this point I think you're just trolling for attention again like your "penny back" story. You're going on the ignore list, I recommend anyone else annoyed by this gamefaqs level shit do the same.[/QUOTE]

You mad bro? You jelly? Which one is it? Calm down, buddy.

I'd create the EducAsian Drinking Game, but there isn't enough alcohol in the world to actually play it, and we'd all be dead in fifteen minutes.

[quote name='EducAsian']Lol, you should be the one that is nerd raging....you bought the Collector's edition and none of the stuff that came with it is worth anything anymore after they announced UMvC3. Jill and Shuma? Whoever even uses them, lol? And the beta that was MvC3 was one of the most disappointing games of all time. Absolutely no story mode at all for each character, (those comic strips for each character don't count, no spectator mode, and a bare bones game....and they charged $60 for it? Talk about getting ripped off. People like you who keep wasting money on Crapcom games is why they keep recycling these "Ultimate Hyper Turbo Supreme Gold Edition Mvc3" games.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. I'm an idiot for spending money on games I want to play. I understand now.

Also if you're playing fighting games for the single player story - you're doing it wrong.

Online, they sell games with 5% off...can you buy it online, pick it up in the physical store, AND get the gamer coupons?

And once you get the gamer coupons, can you use it onlien to buy other games on kmart.com's online store? or does it have to be used in-store?

Presently, the coupons are in-store only and cannot be used online. They're working on expanding it.

I doubt you can buy online with a discount and get the coupon for an in-store pickup. Coupons print with the receipt at the point of purchase. If you're buying it online for that 5% discount, you're not triggering a sale in the store. I just don't see how one could pull off getting both.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I get what you are saying... and sometimes I feel the same way... but I did not enjoy the BF3 beta at all. Looked pretty cool, but I just didn't have fun with it. It made me go from wanting BF3 over MW3 to the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't get into BF3 beta at all. Started playing it, and after 20 min I was back in Castlevania. Guess I'll wait for Uncharted 3

[quote name='DPsycho']Presently, the coupons are in-store only and cannot be used online. They're working on expanding it.

I doubt you can buy online with a discount and get the coupon for an in-store pickup. Coupons print with the receipt at the point of purchase. If you're buying it online for that 5% discount, you're not triggering a sale in the store. I just don't see how one could pull off getting both.[/QUOTE]

oh darn...im curious, would the store physical match the online prices??

No. The cashiers are generally quick to tell you that they don't honor their own online promotions, and KMart in general doesn't price match in any way.

Ok, I'm new to this topic so let me see if I understand.

If I buy Batman Arkham City, I get a $30 coupon to use in-store?

Or is it an online coupon?

[quote name='Slateboard']Ok, I'm new to this topic so let me see if I understand.

If I buy Batman Arkham City, I get a $30 coupon to use in-store?

Or is it an online coupon?[/QUOTE]

In store

[quote name='Slateboard']So I get the coupon in-store as well? If so, I'd probably use it same day.[/QUOTE]

Coupons aren't valid until the following sunday, so the batman coupon cannot be used until the 23rd.

[quote name='yuyak']Noob questions about the headsets:
1) Does the Sony 7.1 headset work on 360? (doubt it, but thought I'd ask anyway)
2) Is the turtlebeach x12 worth getting even if you don't get the DSS attachment?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cubeenigma']1. I say no since its bluetooth
2. yes they work great, unless you have elitist ears, then no...

and BAM!

• From 10/23 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $10 gaming coupon with purchase of Pokemon Rumble Blast for 3DS
• From 10/23 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Kirby’s Return to Dreamland for Wii
• From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase... of Dance Central 2 for XB360
•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Kinect Sports Season 2 for XB360
•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Disney Universe for PS3, XB360, or Wii

•From 10/25 – 10/29, SYWR Members only will receive a $20 gaming coupon with purchase of Battlefield 3 for PS3 or XB360 and can save $20 on Turtle Beach X-12 Headphones or $30 on the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset when bought in the same purchase.[/QUOTE]

I still have a 100 or so posts to catch up on over the last day or so but before I forget I wanted to clarify as it is a common misconception, the sony wireless 7.1 headphones are NOT bluetooth enabled. You must have the usb dongle plugged into the PS3 for them to work.

I don't know why sony didn't just make them bluetooth as the PS3 already has it built in but they didn't

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Coupons aren't valid until the following sunday, so the batman coupon cannot be used until the 23rd.[/QUOTE]

oh you have to wait? Darn, i want to get something first day, but then i would have to drive back to kmart.

Would BF3 limited editions really be limited? I seen some ppl with videos of ps3/xbox versions of BF3 that don't say limited edition.

[quote name='Warpath01']oh you have to wait? Darn, i want to get something first day, but then i would have to drive back to kmart.

Would BF3 limited editions really be limited? I seen some ppl with videos of ps3/xbox versions of BF3 that don't say limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Josh said that each store will only be getting 25% LEs so you should get there early

Is their a limit on the number of gaming coupons that can be earned during the Doritos/Mt. Dew promo that Kmart is running?

Will you be able to combine them?

thanks

[quote name='KtMack23']Oh I see. I'm an idiot for spending money on games I want to play. I understand now.

Also if you're playing fighting games for the single player story - you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm not playing it for the story, but there should be at least a little cut scene to reward you for beating the "story mode." Also, MvC 3 IMO, was really watered down compared to MvC2 and other fighting games as well. If you really wanna play some real fighting games, stick with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, BlazBlue, etc. That's how you do it right, bro.

The deal would be good, but I am unable to find the game in the store.

Does anybody know if they have Batman: AC in stock in Phoenix area?

Thanks

Just picked up Batman. Got a $30 coupon, which I will probably use on Uncharted 3. Hope to see a $20-30 coupon with purchase of U3.

[quote name='D.Choy']As long as you are a registered member and use the card during purchase, the gaming receipt SHOULD print.[/QUOTE]

I fixed that for you. Let's not pretend it works flawlessly for everyone, every time.

Alright for all the coupon pros here, I got a question.

Looking to get 3 copies of B3, for me and a couple buddies. Can I chain the coupons? And will I need 3 SYWR cards?

[quote name='gunstar808']Alright for all the coupon pros here, I got a question.

Looking to get 3 copies of B3, for me and a couple buddies. Can I chain the coupons? And will I need 3 SYWR cards?[/QUOTE]

You can NOT chain the coupons. Each coupon will print with a 3 numbered Offer Code "XXX". If the codes are they same (which they will be because they will print from the same offer [i.e. Battlefield 3 promo]) they can NOT be used together or stacked.

You would NOT need three SYWR cards. Just two as I believe it will be limit two per customer unless josh does something similar next week for Battlefield 3 that he did this week for Arkham City and limit it to just one per customer

Well I was meaning buy 1 BF3 then use that coupon on the next copy etc.

That doesn't work? The only reason I brought it up was the coupon that came with Batman had a valid start date that was after the purchase date, leading me to believe it was a "on your next trip" kind of thing.

Thank god you guys will have the controller bundles for Zelda. Was just about to preorder at Gamestop this morning but I'll be picking one up from you guys on day one.

[quote name='RySenkari']Thank god you guys will have the controller bundles for Zelda. Was just about to preorder at Gamestop this morning but I'll be picking one up from you guys on day one.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, when they say they'll "have it" - it most likely means at most, 2 copies. Do not assume you will pick one up day one. Go pre-order it somewhere...

Be careful, when they say they'll "have it" - it most likely means at most, 2 copies. Do not assume you will pick one up day one. Go pre-order it somewhere...

My KMart's in the ghetto and most of the people on that side of town play Modern Warfare 3, not Zelda. Everyone in this town who shops for Wii games goes to Walmart and all the CAG/hoarder types shop the next county over because there are way more stores there. Plus I plan to get there right at opening time, got nothing better to do :p

ok, I NEVER shop at Kmart. First, there isn't one in my neighborhood. Second, every Kmart I've been to has been dirty, unorganized, and generally in poorer neighborhoods. The electronics department is small, poorly organized, hardly anyone there to help you.

So with that said, I don't ever consider Kmart for game purchases. However, I check this site regularly and always see these Kmart deals, and wonder if I should reconsider as some of them are quite good.

What's been your experience with Kmart? Is it hassle free to take advantage of these deals? I've read some feedback on here that it can be real hassle for folks on some of these offers, like coupons not printing, etc. etc.

Let me know. Always looking for good deals on games, but don't want to go through a huge headache and crappy shopping experience overall too.

@player
My local kmart while not in a particularly poor area is definitely dingy, disorganized, run down, and sorta in a state of disarray. However, they do seem to stock the games and the guy who helped me the other day was helpful and knew what he was doing. Got my game and coupons smoothly and pianlessly. I just hope they have stock of games I want during black Friday as that's when I plan to use my coupons.

They had 2 more copies or arkham city for ps3 when I got mine a whole day after release though so pretty good there and the clerk was fairly cofident he already sold quite a few.

Also I just noticed arkham isn't spelled correctly in the thread title. Heh

[quote name='PlayerXXX']ok, I NEVER shop at Kmart. First, there isn't one in my neighborhood. Second, every Kmart I've been to has been dirty, unorganized, and generally in poorer neighborhoods. The electronics department is small, poorly organized, hardly anyone there to help you.

So with that said, I don't ever consider Kmart for game purchases. However, I check this site regularly and always see these Kmart deals, and wonder if I should reconsider as some of them are quite good.

What's been your experience with Kmart? Is it hassle free to take advantage of these deals? I've read some feedback on here that it can be real hassle for folks on some of these offers, like coupons not printing, etc. etc.

Let me know. Always looking for good deals on games, but don't want to go through a huge headache and crappy shopping experience overall too.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you kinda already know the answer to your concerns.

It has been proven time and time again that the K-Mart experience varies from store to store. Mine is great, but others not so much. The number one issue seems to be stores having the games out for sale on their release date. The coupon issue is very rare now, but even then it's easily remedied by emailing the OP Josh.

Even with the occasional issue, I would still think the deals are well worth it assuming it's not too far out of your way to go by there. Again, the main problem being that if you go on a Tuesday morning you run the risk of them claiming they don't have it (which for AAA titles is a complete lie) and if you wait until later in the week they may be sold out. Eventually the plan is to have the deals online which would eliminate most concerns.

Another thing. Don't ever discuss the deals with the cashiers. They don't have a clue because 99% of the time it's not in the weekly ad. As long as you have a SYWR account, the coupons will print. If they don't, just use the info in the OP to email Josh.

Congrats to those who got in the Batman deal. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it, all the Kmarts in NYC are sold out, no copies left :(

PlayerXXX: ok, I NEVER shop at Kmart... blah blah blah

well, you are seriously missing out on some great deals. the customer service varies from store to store but... as long as you get a deal and are out the door within 15 minutes - so what? as a cheapassgamer you sometimes have to walk the cashier thru transactions but again - so what? in the long run you have to work a little bit to get a lot back.

most of my video game purchases come from k-mart or toysrus, they seem to be on fire for the past couple of years.

[quote name='gunstar808']Alright for all the coupon pros here, I got a question.

Looking to get 3 copies of B3, for me and a couple buddies. Can I chain the coupons? And will I need 3 SYWR cards?[/QUOTE]

If by "chain" you mean buy game 1 get $30 coupon. Use $30 coupon on Game 2 and get $30 coupon. Buy game 3 use $30 coupon. No. The coupon is post dated and activates in 7 days. So you have to wait 7 days to use the coupon.

If you wanted to buy 3 games for $60 and receive 3 $30 coupons, then I would recommend 3 SYWR accounts. It makes it easier on your part. And likely simplifies your ability to get the coupon.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry for the issue of random trolling about a game KMart won't be carrying. Shouldn't be an issue for a week, at least.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='SynGamer']Any word on midnight releases for BF3?[/QUOTE]
No, unfortunately we will not. Doing some for MW3 that is supposed to be a test to more in the future.

7749 shipped via UPS, tracking:
Estimated time is 3:00pm

7777 shipped via UPS, tracking:
Delivered at 11:07am

Mark Korich is calling both NYC stores

[quote name='PlayerXXX']ok, I NEVER shop at Kmart. First, there isn't one in my neighborhood. Second, every Kmart I've been to has been dirty, unorganized, and generally in poorer neighborhoods. The electronics department is small, poorly organized, hardly anyone there to help you.

Let me know. Always looking for good deals on games, but don't want to go through a huge headache and crappy shopping experience overall too.[/QUOTE]

The local kmarts in my area have improved greatly the past couple years. The store is clean and the video game/electronics have improved in display and recently staff have improved as well. The deals almost always beat out every other retailer.

The only issues I run into is lack of stock, or putting stock out on release day. This has improved and shc listens to their customers which is way more than other retailers. I will continue to shop kmart because they have the best deals, and the customer service and staff with Kmart/Sears (Josh/Mark/etc) are the BEST.

That is enough for you to give your kmarts a try. It is worth it!

[quote name='Geovanny']Congrats to those who got in the Batman deal. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it, all the Kmarts in NYC are sold out, no copies left :([/QUOTE]

That's because they stock 3-4 copies PER STORE, its lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back