KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the coupons that print out need to be used by the person who bought the game? I don't have any use for the LOTR coupon, would it be of any value to anyone else?

[quote name='PlayerXXX']ok, I NEVER shop at Kmart. First, there isn't one in my neighborhood. Second, every Kmart I've been to has been dirty, unorganized, and generally in poorer neighborhoods. The electronics department is small, poorly organized, hardly anyone there to help you.

So with that said, I don't ever consider Kmart for game purchases. However, I check this site regularly and always see these Kmart deals, and wonder if I should reconsider as some of them are quite good.

What's been your experience with Kmart? Is it hassle free to take advantage of these deals? I've read some feedback on here that it can be real hassle for folks on some of these offers, like coupons not printing, etc. etc.

Let me know. Always looking for good deals on games, but don't want to go through a huge headache and crappy shopping experience overall too.[/QUOTE]

K-mart is not necessarily in the poorer neighborhoods. There is a K-mart close to me that is in the same neighborhood as Sears, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, etc. It's just in a different area of the place since it been there for probably 20 years now.

Also the stores are YMMV with service. Most of the problem people have is the employees not putting stock up or some jackass hoarding all the games when K-mart only allows 2 per customer. Those are very small cases and if you have a good k-mart, things will be seamless. You walk in, get the game, hand over your SYWR cards, get a coupon. When you use the coupon, make sure you are spending the amount needed (so if it says $20 on the coupon, make sure you have $20 or more), hand them the coupon and done. If you don't get a deal or coupon as advertised, purchase the game and e-mail Josh and he will take care of you.

K-mart might not have the best employees but for deals like $30 on Arkham City (even though I might be the only person who doesn't want Arkham City), you can't beat it.

Went to Kmart yesterday to try to get Batman. This was the 2nd week in a row where the new release I wanted was sold out before I could get there (Just Dance 3 Kinect the pervious week). Josh, I think your efforts are getting noticed by the outside world (ie outside CAG) more and more and you guys are going to need to order more games for the stores :)

By the way, while there I noticed that my store (Redwood City, CA) had one set of the TurtleBeach x11 and didn't have any of the x12. Is there a chance they'll get those in before next week's BF3 deal or am I out of luck?

[quote name='DS9']That's because they stock 3-4 copies PER STORE, its lame.[/QUOTE]
Over 25 each for both platforms were sent in to NYC stores for launch.

[quote name='yuyak']Went to Kmart yesterday to try to get Batman. This was the 2nd week in a row where the new release I wanted was sold out before I could get there (Just Dance 3 Kinect the pervious week). Josh, I think your efforts are getting noticed by the outside world (ie outside CAG) more and more and you guys are going to need to order more games for the stores :)

By the way, while there I noticed that my store (Redwood City, CA) had one set of the TurtleBeach x11 and didn't have any of the x12. Is there a chance they'll get those in before next week's BF3 deal or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

They absolutely are....at least gauging by internet forums.

Most difficult things for people seem to be

a) locations - not close by or none in the vicinity
b) employees - poorly trained/skilled or do not understand the video games department and the current deals
c) stock - mostly relegated to PC games, but not only

I'm a bit concerned about Uncharted 3 and the stock they'll have for it. That's one game I'd like to have ASAP and only have 1 Kmart in my area. Any word on a deal for Uncharted 3?

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Hey does anyone know if you can put Arkham on layaway and you can get the still get the coupon in the process?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I did just that on tuesday. Got my coupons no issues.

Regarding the Doritos and Mountain Dew promotion, Josh had this to say today on Facebook:
You can buy Diet Mountain Dew and Baked Doritos (you just won't get the Double XP coupons)...

I recall some were asking whether the Spend $20 get $10 deal applied to varieties of said products. This is looking better and better.

re: mountain dew/doritos
this was posted on fb as well :
s5Aqn.jpg

[quote name='DPsycho']Regarding the Doritos and Mountain Dew promotion, Josh had this to say today on Facebook:

I recall some were asking whether the Spend $20 get $10 deal applied to varieties of said products. This is looking better and better.[/QUOTE]
That's good news then. Won't be getting the double XP, but I don't know if I care about that or not.

It's awesome that Kmart is carrying the Skyward Sword gold remote bundle, I tried pre-ordering it from Amazon but its currently out of stock and third party sellers have it up for ridiculous amounts. My local Kmart has been great at stocking new releases so I'm confident that I'll get Skyward Sword from them at launch.

Damn.....9 more definite buys left in the year for me. And who knows how many Black Friday random buys and unexpected sales will happen.
One of those 9, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I am buying 3 copies off too (only I will be returning 2 of them afterwords).

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn.....9 more definite buys left in the year for me. And who knows how many Black Friday random buys and unexpected sales will happen.
One of those 9, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I am buying 3 copies off too (only I will be returning 2 of them afterwords).[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's so expensive. I had no intentions of buying anything Skylanders and now I've spent a small fortune on them. Wasnt going to get MW3 but of course I'm a sucker so want the Hardened Edition...who knows if I can say no to the Skyrim CE. Sigh.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn.....9 more definite buys left in the year for me. And who knows how many Black Friday random buys and unexpected sales will happen.
One of those 9, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I am buying 3 copies off too (only I will be returning 2 of them afterwords).[/QUOTE]

Those codes you're collecting? Paid DLC later. If your time is worth less than 320 MSP (whatever in real life) a code, thats the only deal you're getting.

[quote name='advanced']Those codes you're collecting? Paid DLC later. If your time is worth less than 320 MSP (whatever in real life) a code, thats the only deal you're getting.[/QUOTE]
what codes are you talking about?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']It's awesome that Kmart is carrying the Skyward Sword gold remote bundle, I tried pre-ordering it from Amazon but its currently out of stock and third party sellers have it up for ridiculous amounts. My local Kmart has been great at stocking new releases so I'm confident that I'll get Skyward Sword from them at launch.[/QUOTE]

Wait, are these going to end up crazy rare? I can't believe Amazon is out of stock. That gold remote is calling my name--GameStop preorder?

is the gaming coupon the same as points on your SYWR account? If so, can we use the gaming coupon to use it on kmart.com instead of driving all the way back to kmart? (uses gas)

[quote name='Warpath01']is the gaming coupon the same as points on your SYWR account? If so, can we use the gaming coupon to use it on kmart.com instead of driving all the way back to kmart? (uses gas)[/QUOTE]

The OP is your friend:
Kmart Savings Coupon Guide:

* They are currently not able to be redeemed online

Got my copy from the K-Mart on Astor Place in NYC. Cashier knew about the deal, coupons printed out fine. There were still 2 copies left when I got there which was around 4.

holy crap. I was super busy and lazy this week so I just got to kmart today. They were out of ACs but the dude working said he might have seen one behind the other games and proceeded to check every single stack for me. Didn't find any but I certainly appreciated the effort. Love my kmart.

Josh -- batman at my store was insane on opening day. clerk said people coming in non-stop. There were 2 other people in store that had never bought games from kmart before. i got in a big discussion with both, showed them my previous coupons, explained i was getting batman for $20 (dark souls + rage) and getting a $30 coupon back. they were sold. both plan to switch to kmart from now on.
you're winning.

Anybody know the deal with Castlevania LoS being discounted just today and tomorrow? Is there some weekend sale for some obscure holiday I never heard of?
Wondering if I should just go and grab it now or wait for it to drop another $10 sometime down the line. This has been a stubborn game about dropping in price and I missed out on the GameFly sales (probably for the better too. Every GameFly game I ever get is in rough shape but "playable"...)

EDIT:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']:360::ps3::wii: Buy Skylanders Spyro's Adventures Starter Pack, get a free character pack.[/QUOTE]
Anybody know why the 3DS version isn't included in this deal? As far as I know, the 3DS version is the same price as all the others.

I'll never go back to Kmart again, I was going to get Batman and then Battlefield next week but after dealing with the horrible employees, most of which seemed to be either physically or mentally handicapped, I'd rather pay more for games than go through that again. It was my first and last time. Nobody knew anything about coupons, not even the CSR I called while waiting for them to tell me SOMETHING at the store. It really makes me appreciate Amazon that much more.

[quote name='pholly']I'll never go back to Kmart again, I was going to get Batman and then Battlefield next week but after dealing with the horrible employees, most of which seemed to be either physically or mentally handicapped, I'd rather pay more for games than go through that again. It was my first and last time. Nobody knew anything about coupons, not even the CSR I called while waiting for them to tell me SOMETHING at the store. It really makes me appreciate Amazon that much more.[/QUOTE]

So what exactly happened? You seem to have quite a hatred for those that are handicapped.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']So what exactly happened? You seem to have quite a hatred for those that are handicapped.[/QUOTE]
sounds like he's the one that's got issues.

[quote name='pholly']I'll never go back to Kmart again, I was going to get Batman and then Battlefield next week but after dealing with the horrible employees, most of which seemed to be either physically or mentally handicapped, I'd rather pay more for games than go through that again. It was my first and last time. Nobody knew anything about coupons, not even the CSR I called while waiting for them to tell me SOMETHING at the store. It really makes me appreciate Amazon that much more.[/QUOTE]
They don't need to know anything, register prints out coupon automatically. Get game, give sywr card or phone # coupon prints with receipt.must be member to get coupon. Anything else can't make it easier but has potential to cause confusion.

I wasnt going to say anything until I read that handicapped part. :hot: I dont understand whats so hard, you sign up for SYWR, buy the game release week the coupon prints out. If the game is not in stock you're SOL, it sucks but life goes on. If anything goes wrong you email josh, seems simple enough to me. Venting is cool once in awhile but the constant bitching in this thread is starting to bother me, guess I'll keep on blocking.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']That's good news then. Won't be getting the double XP, but I don't know if I care about that or not.[/QUOTE]

http://www.rankupxp.com/Rules/

See especially #3.
If you want an XP code, it'll cost you an envelope, stamp, and a piece of paper w/ your info on it. Hell, maybe you could even use a postcard.

I find it amazing that there are some people buying these codes that they could essentially get for free (cost of stamps).

Not sure why people ask employees about promos posted online, you just have to use your SYWR card (its not like the employee has to punch in a special code for you to get the deal) -- just have them scan your SYWR card and then pay for the game, wait for the receipt & gaming coupon to print out (if for some reason it doesnt print out then return it to the service desk or send an email to Kmart using the info posted on the first page of this thread)

Bought Batman AC on Tuesday and will be using the $30 coupon towards BF3

Kmart also emailed me a $5 off $50 coupon to use online or in-store (unique 16 digit code) for signing up for email savings: Kmart.com -> My Profile -> About Me -> Contact Pref -> checked the box for Kmart "Sales, coupons & promotions" (while you're there make sure that "Shop Your Way Rewards promotional emails" is also checked). I had my SYWR card for a while -- I signed up for Kmart email savings on Tues and got the coupon today (Fri) so it'll take a few days to get the coupon emailed to you

Hopefully the register lets me use both $5 & $30 coupons -- if it doesnt then I'll use the $5 off now (since it expires in a week) and I'll use both $30 Batman & $20 BF3 coupons on another game next month

Quick question on 24hr Kmarts -- are the registers updated automatically after midnight or do they have to restart them or something? Dont want to deal with return/rebuying it if it doesnt print out since I'll be using coupons

Your ignorance is bliss

[quote name='scrub0bk']Is there a $20 coupon with BF3 for PC? I see xbox and ps3 listed. Does KMart even carry PC games?[/QUOTE]

First post states:

PC games at Kmart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHC Stock Boy
Saw a few people asking about PC. Kmart will not be carrying the PC version of any release where the primary version is PS3 and 360. If it is something like Star Wars Old Republic or Diablo we'll carry it.

It's really tough to sell PC (at least at Kmart). For example, if we were going to sell 100,000 of Modern Warfare 3 on 360 we would only sell about 1000 on PC. That being said, we will have some hot sales on past PC titles this holiday.

Can Josh or anyone list the games that are about to be on clearance (talked about in the clearance thread)? Or if it's already been posted, can it be linked to, because I looked at the past ten pages and found nothing. When will the games definitely be on clearance? I went to my K-Mart today and they still had the normal prices.

Quick question on 24hr Kmarts -- are the registers updated automatically after midnight or do they have to restart them or something? Dont want to deal with return/rebuying it if it doesnt print out since I'll be using coupons[/QUOTE]

I bought fallout new vegas at midnight at a 24 hour kmart and the coupon printed fine, so i'd say you'd be alright to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back