KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']To me it's bad business for K-Mart employees not to be knowledgeable about the deals. If a customer comes in from off the street and has no idea about the deal comes in and buys the game and the employee has no knowledge of the deal then I see several possible scenarios.

A. If the employee doesn't know that the deals are a regular occurrence then they can't sell shopping to K-Mart to the customer. The customer might think it was a one time occurrence for the coupon or they might not even realize they got a coupon because from my experience the employees just treat that coupon like it was another Direct TV advertisement.

B. Being able to sell to the "just looking" crowd. From my experience in working in retail when someone says they are "just looking" you have a chance to make a sell if you push for it. If I was a K-Mart employee when I saw someone looking at the case I would give them a quick elevator sales pitch and tell them about the gaming credit deals for the week. If the employee isn't knowledgeable enough about the deals to be able to tell customers about it they shouldn't be working in retail. The less knowledgeable you are the more revenue you cost the store.

C. Lets take Battlefield 3 for example if a customer comes in and just buys the game and has no idea about the headset promo and the employee doesn't tell them then that is a lost sell opportunity. Once again if I was working there I would make my sales pitch about the headset as I was getting the game out of the case.

Despite the horrible shopping experiences with the glass prison at K-Mart that does open up so many chances for employees to engage the customers and notify them of the deals. I understand that the employees are having to cover multiple departments and they are probably making minimum wage so they aren't that motivated to do a good job but if they want to make more then minimum wage they need to be an asset to the company and not just a key holder for the case.

I also realize that not all K-Marts are bad and some K-Marts do have very knowledgeable staff that do this stuff already and this is just beating a dead horse.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? My Kmart store has very sale-driven employees. They always ask me if I want the protection plan with my games :applause:

[quote name='mguiddy']Regarding BF3 standard to limited edition ratio... so far my store is at 34 (all 360... PS3 version didn't come yet for some reason) standard and
limited.[/QUOTE]
What's the difference between the two?

No but in all earnestness, I think you are spot on LordVila. My store is notoriously bad. No one has a clue about these coupon deals. They always act surprised when they print out. One would think management would inform the staff about the current promotions. That's Kmart for you.

[quote name='foreinter']Is the Mountain Dew promotion including the Diet Mountain Dew?[/QUOTE]

I've seen the double xp MW3 packs available in diet dew at a local store so I'll guess it counts.

[quote name='jcondon']My wife went on 9/20 in the afternoon and got Gears of War 3 for me. She got the $20 coupon. My wife asked the cashier about the $20 coupon. Cashier said it should print and it did. Said it was only the second copy they sold so far. Last night we went to the same store to get Batman AC. Got the coupon (printed just fine) but the kid at the register didn't even notice it was printed. If he had clicked email receipt only can I later print the $30 coupon? Or must it be printed at the register only?

Either way is fine as long as it prints. I will keep looking at Kmart and ToysRus as they seem to have the best deals without having to preorder a bunch of games.[/QUOTE]
Its register only so make sure it prints out -- I dont see a way to print the gaming coupon online (email only has the receipt part that prints out first, no gaming coupons)

When I bought mine I told the clerk to use up the $1.xx rewards balance I had on the card so he scanned the card, scanned the game, applied rewards, gave him a few gift cards that I had, paid the balance with a CC, then the clerk asked me to pick the receipt option on the CC machine screen -- if your Kmart doesnt let you pick the option then most likely they'll ask you which one you want or if the cashier is lazy then they'll automatically select the print+email option

[quote name='JaTaN']Its register only so make sure it prints out -- I dont see a way to print the gaming coupon online (email only has the receipt part that prints out first, no gaming coupons)

When I bought mine I told the clerk to use up the $1.xx rewards balance I had on the card so he scanned the card, scanned the game, applied rewards, gave him a few gift cards that I had, paid the balance with a CC, then the clerk asked me to pick the receipt option on the CC machine screen -- if your Kmart doesnt let you pick the option then most likely they'll ask you which one you want or if the cashier is lazy then they'll automatically select the print+email option[/QUOTE]
It should still send an email with any coupons.
They'll come in separate emails.
The receipt should be titled something like...
"Your Kmart digital receipt"
and any coupons should be titled something like...
"Offers with your Kmart digital receipt"

At least they did before.

Also, if they don't ask, chances are it's not that they're lazy, they've just been told to give everyone print+email, as that's a metric (number of e-receipts) that corporate cares about.

[quote name='Scorch']Was the official clearance list ever posted?[/QUOTE]
Josh said next week.

[quote name='burz88']I've seen the double xp MW3 packs available in diet dew at a local store so I'll guess it counts.[/QUOTE]

It counts, I verified the xp via dewxp.com, the site that you put your codes into. The 12 packs of Game Fuel, Regular, and Diet Dew apply not only to the Kmart promo but also to the COD Double XP. 12 packs get you 45min of dbl XP per code.

[quote name='LordVila']To me it's bad business for K-Mart employees not to be knowledgeable about the deals. If a customer comes in from off the street and has no idea about the deal comes in and buys the game and the employee has no knowledge of the deal then I see several possible scenarios.

A. If the employee doesn't know that the deals are a regular occurrence then they can't sell shopping to K-Mart to the customer. The customer might think it was a one time occurrence for the coupon or they might not even realize they got a coupon because from my experience the employees just treat that coupon like it was another Direct TV advertisement.

B. Being able to sell to the "just looking" crowd. From my experience in working in retail when someone says they are "just looking" you have a chance to make a sell if you push for it. If I was a K-Mart employee when I saw someone looking at the case I would give them a quick elevator sales pitch and tell them about the gaming credit deals for the week. If the employee isn't knowledgeable enough about the deals to be able to tell customers about it they shouldn't be working in retail. The less knowledgeable you are the more revenue you cost the store.

C. Lets take Battlefield 3 for example if a customer comes in and just buys the game and has no idea about the headset promo and the employee doesn't tell them then that is a lost sell opportunity. Once again if I was working there I would make my sales pitch about the headset as I was getting the game out of the case.

Despite the horrible shopping experiences with the glass prison at K-Mart that does open up so many chances for employees to engage the customers and notify them of the deals. I understand that the employees are having to cover multiple departments and they are probably making minimum wage so they aren't that motivated to do a good job but if they want to make more then minimum wage they need to be an asset to the company and not just a key holder for the case.

I also realize that not all K-Marts are bad and some K-Marts do have very knowledgeable staff that do this stuff already and this is just beating a dead horse.[/QUOTE]
Kmart is more for clothing and general household goods with electronics on the side ("look around and buy what you want, if its locked in a case then ask the clerk for help") so internally I doubt they care much on how well they do in electronics as long as they sell most of their inventory (they dont have much to begin with) -- yes they can improve in the electronics side but its not worth the amount of money that they would have to spend (training employees, advertising more, offering better deals to compete which lowers their profit, sending lots of store memos to keep employees updated on new deals)

Sears on the other hand is known for clothing/appliances/electronics/tools/home furnishing so even though Sears & Kmart are one company they're not pushing these deals to the Sears side b/c they dont need to

With electronics its hard to compete due to online retailers offering much better deals -- Best Buy is known for electronics and they're hurting, Walmart gets by due to their "we sell everything cheap" image, Target gets by with their "we treat our employees better than Walmart and still offer decent deals" image, Sears is probably doing ok

Even Consumer Report says buy electronics online -- only retail store with good rating is Apple along with independent retailers (my guess would be regional electronic stores like Frys/Micro Center/Tiger Direct who dont have a national footprint) http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...test-electronics-store-ratings-132225963.html

Good thing about Kmart Gamer is that its posted online and it spreads by online word of mouth so they dont have to advertised much themselves

[quote name='mguiddy']It should still send an email with any coupons.
They'll come in separate emails.
The receipt should be titled something like...
"Your Kmart digital receipt"
and any coupons should be titled something like...
"Offers with your Kmart digital receipt"

At least they did before. [/QUOTE] I only got the receipt email for Batman AC

[quote name='JaTaN']I only got the receipt email for Batman AC[/QUOTE]You're spreading misinformation. The person you responded to was e-mailed the coupon and was asking if he could print it out and use it. The answer is yes.

[quote name='nervousxtian']The Skylanders deal, is it a 3-pack or 1-pack free?[/QUOTE]

game comes with 3 pack, and buy game you get an additional figurine (7.99 value)

Just saw a KmartGamer Battlefield 3 ad on a livestream stream.
Put me in control of a tank, firing at other tanks.
Just wanted to say that it was pretty classy, and made the wait of the ad more enjoyable. Would have been inclined to buy it at Kmart for that simple reason had I not already been tied up in Gamestop credit.

Sold out of ps3 batman. Picked up 360 version, guy said i could exchange it later ... we'll see. I'll be sure to use my coupon before then just to be safe

Loving BAC so far, though since I played the first on PC, I keep mixing up the controls. I've accidentally grappled away from fights about three times now. Grr. Still, for the $30 coupon, I don't mind playing this one on consoles instead. =D

[quote name='bobphone']Is the Ratchet coupon working yet? Do I have to return/rebuy today, or is Josh handling reimbursement? Sorry, been away a bit this week.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's working now. Try to return/rebuy if you are able, but Josh should be able to help otherwise.

[quote name='hostyl1']You're joking right? Everyone of these Kmart deals end up on Kmartgamer.com. Every print Kmart ad has a header that says something to the effect of "For exclusive offers go to kmartgamer.com". NO WAY are these deals meant to be some type of 'CAG Only' deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he was absolutely serious. I mean, he even mentioned the secret CAG handshake. You DO know the handshake, right?

[quote name='shadowkast']Sold out of ps3 batman. Picked up 360 version, guy said i could exchange it later ... we'll see. I'll be sure to use my coupon before then just to be safe[/QUOTE]
Do you not have an Xbox? Or you just want it on PS3? I'd just play it on Xbox if you can.

My store sold out both Xbox and PS3 version. I plan to buy batman to jump on the coupon train. But it's kind of disappointed.

My original 60gb ps3 just died and I saw that the 320gb Uncharted PS3 includes a $50 gaming coupon. Am I reading that correct?

So for $299 I get:

320gb ps3 slim
Uncharted 3
1 controller
& a $50 gaming coupon?

How many of these will be in stores on November 1st?

Oh and I was also wondering if I can use my $30 gaming coupon that I got from purchasing Batman AC for this purchase?

Let my out of state younger brothers borrow my xbox for a few months. [quote name='ShockandAww']Do you not have an Xbox? Or you just want it on PS3? I'd just play it on Xbox if you can.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Mrs and I are going to be stocking up on Mountain Dew every day this week. I'd be buying it anyway. Might as well get a free copy of MW3

EDIT: Damn, just read the fine print. Looks like I can only use 1 $10 mountain dew coupon per transaction. Bummer

Picked up BAC and plan on picking up Battlefield 3 and the headset deal. Will get MW3 also but I'm disappointed store will get so little in Hardened editions. I'll have to go right at open and hope an employee didn't snatch up the only copy. Kmart definitely stole my business from BB and Amazon.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Picked up BAC and plan on picking up Battlefield 3 and the headset deal. Will get MW3 also but I'm disappointed store will get so little in Hardened editions. I'll have to go right at open and hope an employee didn't snatch up the only copy. Kmart definitely stole my business from BB and Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing for the Saints Row Platinum Pack, although I'll probably use my coupon on the Kinect sensor, I've been meaning to get one for awhile at a cheapish price.

[quote name='whizer17']My original 60gb ps3 just died and I saw that the 320gb Uncharted PS3 includes a $50 gaming coupon. Am I reading that correct?

So for $299 I get:

320gb ps3 slim
Uncharted 3
1 controller
& a $50 gaming coupon?

How many of these will be in stores on November 1st?

Oh and I was also wondering if I can use my $30 gaming coupon that I got from purchasing Batman AC for this purchase?[/QUOTE]

That is actually the sale on the 2nd week of release for that console - the first week, you get a free game (up to $35)...def hold off till the 2nd week if you can, although limited availability is always likely - having said that, I imagine you will be able to find one - consoles tend to stick around at Kmarts...

[quote name='deletion']does anyone know if bf3 comes with the kirkland pack or will i need to preorder elsewhere?[/QUOTE]
I believe that the kirkland pack is limited edition content, and not really a preorder content but i'm not exactly sure on that, but apparently kmart will only have a limited quantity of Limited editions so you might wanna pick one up at launch

[quote name='Half_Sober']Looks like the Mrs and I are going to be stocking up on Mountain Dew every day this week. I'd be buying it anyway. Might as well get a free copy of MW3

EDIT: Damn, just read the fine print. Looks like I can only use 1 $10 mountain dew coupon per transaction. Bummer[/QUOTE]

speakin of which. does anyone know how long it's gonna last? coupon i mean. might be nice to stack up on a few to put towards other games. and some codes :D

about batman, i noticed they have it bundled with the first game. To those who bought it and opened it up. Are the 2 games sealed individually, or are they both opened and just shrinkwrapped together. Id like to keep BAS sealed for now while i play the first one. Also does the newer batman game have any lame walmart exclusive stickers or anything on them?

ive been leery about that since i got splinter cell from target and it had a big target logo on the cover itself.

BTW i notice in the OP it mentions you get a $30 gift card if your a member of that shop your way program. Is that right?! that would make the game basically 29.99 if it is. I may have to sign up for that

[quote name='Kenshindono']about batman, i noticed they have it bundled with the first game. To those who bought it and opened it up. Are the 2 games sealed individually, or are they both opened and just shrinkwrapped together. Id like to keep BAS sealed for now while i play the first one. Also does the newer batman game have any lame walmart exclusive stickers or anything on them?

ive been leery about that since i got splinter cell from target and it had a big target logo on the cover itself.

BTW i notice in the OP it mentions you get a $30 gift card if your a member of that shop your way program. Is that right?! that would make the game basically 29.99 if it is. I may have to sign up for that[/QUOTE]

I think you're confused.
Walmart has the double packaging with Arkham Asylum included.

Kmart has the $30 coupon for SYWR members.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']speakin of which. does anyone know how long it's gonna last? coupon i mean. might be nice to stack up on a few to put towards other games. and some codes :D[/QUOTE]
The coupon will only be valid on the same week as when MW3 is released: November 6 to November 12.

[quote name='LouieT']The coupon will only be valid on the same week as when MW3 is released: November 6 to November 12.[/QUOTE]

is it? ah well. it was worth a try lol.

[quote name='exaznkid']I believe that the kirkland pack is limited edition content, and not really a preorder content but i'm not exactly sure on that, but apparently kmart will only have a limited quantity of Limited editions so you might wanna pick one up at launch[/QUOTE]

good to know. thank u so much!

[quote name='Kenshindono']about batman, i noticed they have it bundled with the first game. To those who bought it and opened it up. Are the 2 games sealed individually, or are they both opened and just shrinkwrapped together. Id like to keep BAS sealed for now while i play the first one. Also does the newer batman game have any lame walmart exclusive stickers or anything on them?

BTW i notice in the OP it mentions you get a $30 gift card if your a member of that shop your way program. Is that right?! that would make the game basically 29.99 if it is. I may have to sign up for that[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's only Walmart's deal, but since I happen to know the answer to your question I'll just tell you anyway. The games aren't sealed separately and each has an extremely difficult to remove sticker over the barcode reading "not for individual sale" or something to that effect.

The walmart exclusive part was already answered, but if you were to go and buy it there, they are both shrinkwrapped together once, and are not sealed once opened...but yeah, Walmart has that double pack...

EDIT::: Nice. groundhog beat me to it. ;)

thanks guys. Sorry long day and i somehow got walmart and kmart confused. Theres no Kmart anywhere near me anyway so i guess that 30 dollar coupons moot. Good to know aobut how theyre sealed. I may just wait for a price drop on the game then. I hate not having my games sealed.

That rewards program seems pretty neat though, too bad theres no Kmarts around here

*edit* forgot to ask, whats the GOTY adition have other than 3d? anything worth a look? Does it stil lhave the joker pack for the ps3 version?

[quote name='BadgerDodger']hey does anyone know if i can get two 7.1 ps3 headsets at a discount , when i buy battlefield 3 this tuesday? I also want to get one for a friend..[/QUOTE]

Maybe let your friend also buy BF3 and another headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back