KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]
:whee:

[quote name='kratier']yeah i think ill no longer shop at kmart, i bought a game 60$ with anticipation of using the 20$ coupon on a pc edition purchase, but clearly they arent supporting PC releases.[/QUOTE]
While I share your disappointment at the lack of PC game stock, it's been covered in the past in this thread, and in the OP, that they wouldn't be carrying PC versions of multiplatform games.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm pretty sure this report is an impossibility. The issue is that you did not pay for the DLC code. Thus, while it may have some value, you didn't pay for it.

Also, while the receipt says the codes are non-returnable, I do not believe that the receipt also states a return value (as other bundled item receipts at other retailers do - See TRU who has gotten better at preventing placeholders).

What I'm getting at is that they can have the employees say you can't return it, but the reality is they can't legally prevent you from returning it unless they revamp their receipts. Moreover, it is pretty clear that the DLC that is being referred to is DLC codes that you purchase from them such as a map pack.[/QUOTE]
^
|
this... and more specifically, you can't return anything that's a pc download, or codes that are directly visible on a receipt, like for example, if you buy a 1600 points card that has the scratch off/peel off variations (aka retail packaging), then those are returnable so long as they're not tampered or redeemed... buying the kind that gets printed on the receipt, like say one of the arcade game vouchers, or specific dlc such as the ac brotherhood davinci disappearance or the all fronts collection for gow ii, are non-refundable... so long as the pre-order bonus wasn't inside the game case, then you're good... and how do you return a free product?
that's a lot of herping right there...

Found a $5 off $50 coupon on facebook for this weekend only in-store. Not sure if this will stack on top of gamer coupons but for those of you haven't made your BF3 purchase yet, it's a way to save $5... of course it may not work if you're in the middle of a coupon train, but if you're looking to start one....

Thanks for the suggestions; right now MGS HD Collection is a wait-and-see. By that, I mean that I ordered the LE on Amazon, but I also saw that TRU deal for $39.99 (for 360, I want it on PS3). If a store matches that for the PS3 version, I'll cancel the pre-order and get it at the cheaper price.

As for Skyrim, I know the game is Steamworks, but does that mean that I can install it with an included code without having to actually install the physical disc? The reason I ask is because my DVD-RW stopped working, but I haven't been in a hurry to fix it since most PC games I get are digitally through Steam.

[quote name='Fabs']Am I the only person that know the MGS collection got delayed?[/QUOTE]

Only delayed for Europe. The Northern American version (US) version is still slated for Nov 8

[quote name='Fabs']Am I the only person that know the MGS collection got delayed?[/QUOTE]

I believe its only delayed in Europe to 2012 for quality insurance issues. NA and JP release dates are still on track.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Is this $50 gaming coupon really only good for 10 days (it says November 13th-23rd) or should that say December 23rd?[/QUOTE]

10 days. Good until Thanksgiving.

OK, nevermind. Saint's Row the 3rd comes out the 15th anyway. Still, only 10 days for a gaming coupon.... they're normally good for about 6 weeks aren't they?

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Is this $50 gaming coupon really only good for 10 days (it says November 13th-23rd) or should that say December 23rd?[/QUOTE]
11 days =P

They did that on purpose to avoid having people redeem it during black friday

I'm excited for the upcoming deals. Will be using my Arkham GC to pick up some of the other big releases coming.

Sadly, no U3 at Kmart for me...I *have* to have the CE.

You are the only person that doesn't know that the delay only affects Europe and nowhere else.

[quote name='adamical']Don't listen to the babies, Josh. A $50 coupon on $110 is a fantastic deal and I'm definitely excited about bringing home a haul.[/QUOTE]

This. I think a vast majority of us appreciate the deals. Don't let some whiners get to you.

I have a $30 coupon from Batman (which I used the $20 coupon from Gears 3 to get). I think I am going to pick up MW3 and UC3 on the 8th and use my $30 coupon and get a $50 coupon. probably pick up another copy of MW3 the Sunday after and Ebay it.

Even if I couldn't get the $50 I would still be happy. Even better that I can.

I bought Battlefield 3 with the $20 coupon that I got with Dark Souls. I just decided that I don't want the game. I still haven't opened it nor have I used the $20 coupon that printed with it. If I return the game and the coupon, will I get my $20 Dark Souls coupon back? I rather just use it on Uncharted 3.

[quote name='chriscolbert']They will not.

Supposedly they are going to test some midnight launches at some non-24 hour locations for MW3, but that will be the first time they try it to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Where did you read this?

So, if the Kmart's 24 hours, Uncharted 3 and MW3 will be available during midnight right?

So, if I buy MW3 and U3 I'll get the $50 dollar coupon, but will I also get the $20 coupon that comes with U3 as well? I have a crapload of cred at Amazon but this is just too good a deal to pass up.

[quote name='jmeredi']So, if I buy MW3 and U3 I'll get the $50 dollar coupon, but will I also get the $20 coupon that comes with U3 as well? I have a crapload of cred at Amazon but this is just too good a deal to pass up.[/QUOTE]

The U3 coupon is next week. The 110/50 deal is the week after.

OK, so I read that the gaming coupons will NOT devalue your total purchase for the week of 11/6-12. Please tell me if my plan will work:

- Will purchase Uncharted 3 next week using my Batman coupon. That means I'll have a $20 coupon.
- I'll also purchase some Mountain Dews and Doritos. An additional $10 coupon.
- Will purchase MW3 when it comes out (11/7 midnight if possible). I'll have the new $15 coupon.
- I'll keep my MW3 sealed until Friday (11/11) so that I can re-purchase MW3 and Skyrim for the $50 coupon using my U3 and Mountain Dew coupons ($20 and $10 respectively). Will that work?

Note that I still have the $15 coupon from the MW3 purchase and I'm not sure if I can use that for the MW3/Skyrim purchase.

does anyone know if kmart plans to stock up on the stereo headsets that will be on sale with uncharted 3? or is it pretty much whatever that store had in stock? which is usually 1 or 2 from experience. ive been in the market for a gaming headset, and at 60 bucks that one is just too good to pass up.

[quote name='Gixxer']I bought Battlefield 3 with the $20 coupon that I got with Dark Souls. I just decided that I don't want the game. I still haven't opened it nor have I used the $20 coupon that printed with it. If I return the game and the coupon, will I get my $20 Dark Souls coupon back? I rather just use it on Uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

No you will not get the coupon back. Once you use it, its gone forever.

I understand that people are wanting to purchase MW3 on Tuesday without their SYWR cards so that they can secure a copy, but is returning/rebuying the game at K-Mart an easy process? I, myself, have never done this at K-Mart, but with the incompetent employees at K-Mart, an easy transaction could get complicated real quick. Will using your SYWR cards the second time, with the purchase of Skyrim as well spit out the $50 in coupons?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Stock Boy will make sure that K-Mart will have TONS of copies of MW3....I'm actually not that worried that K-Mart will sell out of MW3 by that Friday. Stock Boy and everybody else on this planet knows that MW3 will most likely break sales records...so it would make sense that K-Mart and every other retailer will have plenty of MW3 stock. Also, the majority of people still purchase their video games at GameStop, Best Buy, etc. so I don't think K-Mart will get swamped with customers. But we will see what happens. I will probably just wait until Friday to get both MW3 and Skyrim.

[quote name='newtype06']OK, so I read that the gaming coupons will NOT devalue your total purchase for the week of 11/6-12. Please tell me if my plan will work:

- Will purchase Uncharted 3 next week using my Batman coupon. That means I'll have a $20 coupon.
- I'll also purchase some Mountain Dews and Doritos. An additional $10 coupon.
- Will purchase MW3 when it comes out (11/7 midnight if possible). I'll have the new $15 coupon.
- I'll keep my MW3 sealed until Friday (11/11) so that I can re-purchase MW3 and Skyrim for the $50 coupon using my U3 and Mountain Dew coupons ($20 and $10 respectively). Will that work?

Note that I still have the $15 coupon from the MW3 purchase and I'm not sure if I can use that for the MW3/Skyrim purchase.[/QUOTE]
Dont commit coupon fraud & try to abuse the program like that (not sure if there are any penalties at the moment) -- buy MW3 on Tues without your SYWR card if you plan on return/rebuying on Fri

[quote name='JaTaN']Dont commit coupon fraud & try to abuse the program like that (not sure if there are any penalties at the moment) -- buy MW3 on Tues without your SYWR card if you plan on return/rebuying on Fri[/QUOTE]

I think everything (as in coupons) gets cancelled anyway so people can't defraud them. Although those that even try should choke.

[quote name='jmeredi']So, if I buy MW3 and U3 I'll get the $50 dollar coupon, but will I also get the $20 coupon that comes with U3 as well? I have a crapload of cred at Amazon but this is just too good a deal to pass up.[/QUOTE]
U3 $20 coupon promo is for next week only (Nov 1-5) and the $50 coupon promo is the following week (Nov 6-12)

[quote name='likeme']Can the $50 coupons be used for a headset?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're good for gaming software, hardware and accessories, i think

[quote name='EducAsian']I understand that people are wanting to purchase MW3 on Tuesday without their SYWR cards so that they can secure a copy, but is returning/rebuying the game at K-Mart an easy process? I, myself, have never done this at K-Mart, but with the incompetent employees at K-Mart, an easy transaction could get complicated real quick. Will using your SYWR cards the second time, with the purchase of Skyrim as well spit out the $50 in coupons?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Stock Boy will make sure that K-Mart will have TONS of copies of MW3....I'm actually not that worried that K-Mart will sell out of MW3 by that Friday. Stock Boy and everybody else on this planet knows that MW3 will most likely break sales records...so it would make sense that K-Mart and every other retailer will have plenty of MW3 stock. Also, the majority of people still purchase their video games at GameStop, Best Buy, etc. so I don't think K-Mart will get swamped with customers. But we will see what happens. I will probably just wait until Friday to get both MW3 and Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I think the rebuy process would work but honestly dealing with KMart customer service is a nightmare! I thought about this, if I could score a copy of MW3 Hardened then rebuy with skyrim. I'll probably just go to Kmart and buy whatever MW3 there is with uncharted or professor layton if I score a hardened.

[quote name='JaTaN']Dont commit coupon fraud & try to abuse the program like that (not sure if there are any penalties at the moment) -- buy MW3 on Tues without your SYWR card if you plan on return/rebuying on Fri[/QUOTE]

You're right. Might as well buy MW3 w/o the card just to be safe. Which leads me to another question:

Can you re-buy/re-purchase the game even if you have it already opened? Because a part of me wants to start MW3 as soon as possible.

[quote name='KtMack23']Is the Dark Souls next week for $40 true? Someone mentioned it another thread and I'd like to confirm it.[/QUOTE]

No, I was just making it up.

Driver: San Francisco and Gran Turismo 5 are also both $29.99.

Any reviews on the Turtlebeach headsets on sale with Battlefield? I am moving to my parents for a few months, so I will be using my PC monitor with my 360 and I figure the easiest way to have sound is to just buy the damn Turtlebeach headset.

[quote name='knightsdwn']No, I was just making it up.

Driver: San Francisco and Gran Turismo 5 are also both $29.99.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, good to know!
I'll save my money for a real sale! ;)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Any reviews on the Turtlebeach headsets on sale with Battlefield? I am moving to my parents for a few months, so I will be using my PC monitor with my 360 and I figure the easiest way to have sound is to just buy the damn Turtlebeach headset.[/QUOTE]

They are awesome, picked them up with BF this past week and loving them so far. Check all the positive comments on amazon, they are worth the money

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']They are awesome, picked them up with BF this past week and loving them so far. Check all the positive comments on amazon, they are worth the money[/QUOTE]
That's awesome, thank you, I checked out Amazon.
I wonder if K-Mart can honor the 39.99 price if I bring in my receipt for Battlefield. Unfortunately I didn't snag them when I first picked up Battlefield

[quote name='Donut2922']There have yet to be any confirms but one CAG said GS has tightened down on preorder returns since codes could be used and returned subsequently after. Supposedly they will no longer accept a return jf you have a code on your receipt so you may be better off cancelling the preorder outright.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all in my case. Picked up both my preorders from Gamestop and Best Buy for Battlefield 3, entered the preorder bonus codes off the receipts, then returned the games the next day no problem.

Please forgive me if this has been answered. I see that for the 11/6-11/12 coupon offer, there is a limit of $100 in coupons to be printed per SYWR account. Is there a limit on the buy MW3, get a 4000 MS Points card for $30? I was hoping to:
Transaction 1, Buy MW3 + 4000 MS Points card + Uncharted for $150 + tax, get $50 in coupons.
Transaction 2, Buy MW3 + 4000 MS Points card + Skyrim for $150 + tax, get $50 in coupons.

Also, I assume we can buy the PS3 version of MW3 and still qualify for the discount on MS Points, right?

[quote name='guessed']Please forgive me if this has been answered. I see that for the 11/6-11/12 coupon offer, there is a limit of $100 in coupons to be printed per SYWR account. Is there a limit on the buy MW3, get a 4000 MS Points card for $30? I was hoping to:
Transaction 1, Buy MW3 + 4000 MS Points card + Uncharted for $150 + tax, get $50 in coupons.
Transaction 2, Buy MW3 + 4000 MS Points card + Skyrim for $150 + tax, get $50 in coupons.

Also, I assume we can buy the PS3 version of MW3 and still qualify for the discount on MS Points, right?[/QUOTE]No, you have to buy the xbox version to get the MS point discount.

[quote name='Kain']That was my main issue since in the past, points cards have always been considered software. After all, just look at your coupons. They can only be used on software -- points cards included. And since they were eligible last time, I don't see why that would have changed.[/QUOTE]Point cards have never been considered software.

wait, so i just wanted to confirm that if i pick up mw3 and goldeneye on 11/8 and use my $20 uncharted coupon towards it, making my total $99.99 after coupon ($119.99 before), i will get the $50 coupon now? if so, this changes everything

[quote name='41down']wait, so i just wanted to confirm that if i pick up mw3 and goldeneye on 11/8 and use my $20 uncharted coupon towards it, making my total $99.99 after coupon ($119.99 before), i will get the $50 coupon now? if so, this changes everything[/QUOTE]Yes, Josh confirmed that according to the people in charge of making the coupons, this will be the case. :D

[quote name='newtype06']You're right. Might as well buy MW3 w/o the card just to be safe. Which leads me to another question:

Can you re-buy/re-purchase the game even if you have it already opened? Because a part of me wants to start MW3 as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

Opened games by default are rejected from being returned, but it really depends on the CS rep helping you if your intent is to buy the exact same game you are giving to them. Maybe they'll let that go since you are rebuying it, maybe they won't. Again, you are just better off waiting rather than chancing it to play it 2 days in advance.

[quote name='41down']wait, so i just wanted to confirm that if i pick up mw3 and goldeneye on 11/8 and use my $20 uncharted coupon towards it, making my total $99.99 after coupon ($119.99 before), i will get the $50 coupon now? if so, this changes everything[/QUOTE]

Josh confirmed that coupons don't devalue the total. So you can use your coupon and dance naked.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes, Josh confirmed that according to the people in charge of making the coupons, this will be the case. :D[/QUOTE]

this changes everything for sure! awesome :D:D:D

hopefully my store still has a copy of BF3 limited edition. if not... i might just pass for now.
looks like for now
BF3
Sonic Generations
UC3
LOTR
MW3 (Hardened hopefully since i know where to go)
MGS HD Collection
Skyrim
NFS
SR3
I'll do the math when I check out BF3 tomorrow. it'll be the same minus the price of a game or the sonic coupon since those would be the only things that make a difference. that and maybe if i pick up a copy of a game for my friends

nice to know we can use coupons and still get the coupons :applause:

Sorry for this dumb-ish question since I've been trying to search in this thread for the answer because I'm pretty sure it has been answered already, but no luck in finding the right phrases SO: How does the tax add up if you use a coupon? Let's say I purchase a $59.99 game using a $20 coupon: is it going to be $39.99 + tax or $59.99 + tax - $20?

[quote name='Gerry P.']Point cards have never been considered software.[/QUOTE]

Everything Kain said is correct. Point cards were eligible the last time Kmart ran this sale and you have always been able to use gaming coupons on point cards.

And yet Gerry P. was correct in stating that point cards have never been considered software. As far as I understand, they are a gaming accessory.

[quote name='newtype06']Sorry for this dumb-ish question since I've been trying to search in this thread for the answer because I'm pretty sure it has been answered already, but no luck in finding the right phrases SO: How does the tax add up if you use a coupon? Let's say I purchase a $59.99 game using a $20 coupon: is it going to be $39.99 + tax or $59.99 + tax - $20?[/QUOTE]

Generally the coupons end up reducing the price of the item(s) before tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back